Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Bugsy posted:

Very much so. In flashback I didnt complete a vorici mission until act 9.

In Bestiary I didn't complete a Vorici mission (unless Zana made me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The best missions are the Tora ones where she's at the start of the map and it basically just amounts to extra packs in the map.

The worst missions are the same but she's at the end of the map.

e: actually the worst mission was the time I was running away from some monsters, ran past a Tora beast lair and she teleported to it and blocked my path and I died.

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 24, 2018

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
At least with Vorici I know I'm going to easily win or easily lose. I swear the undead that you try to bring back to Catarina's totem have the games worst pathfinding and movespeed. :smithicide:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Got myself a Haku 8 in Bestiary. First time I've gotten a master to 8 since I started playing in 2016.

Probably not gonna bother again. By the time he reached 8 I was about ready to quit the league, I kept logging in every day for a while just to refresh his inventory to see if he'd dish out any juicy offers, but nope. And it's not like I'm ever rich enough to bother mastercrafting properly. Zana 8 would be nice I guess but fuuuuuck that grind.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the new exp for getting shaper orbs actually makes a noticeable difference for grinding zana 8

i had never really come close before this league and i did it like 3 weeks ago without ever doing any rotations

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I usually get whatever master I want to use for a hideout, and then Zana for maps. Eventually I'll get Tora up to 7 because her missions are always pretty ok. Vorici is almost always stuck at level 6 because I don't care enough.

In Bestiary I had a Catarina hideout, I think in this coming league I'll do Haku.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

uhh

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Just saw that tweet and jesus christ.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Really tempted to bring back my Jugg Discharger now, although lol being able to afford Kaom's Signs.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whypick1 posted:

although lol being able to afford Kaom's Signs.
this is how people get scammed :downsgun:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

whypick1 posted:

Really tempted to bring back my Jugg Discharger now, although lol being able to afford Kaom's Signs.

Somehow I feel like a +8 helmet will be more expensive than the Kaom's Signs.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
:asoiaf:

Like sure you need to get the double corruption outcome and it needs to roll those specific affixes but god daaaaaaaaaaaaamn

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Also note the 21/23 gem. So to dual corrupt works on gems it looks like.

J
Jun 10, 2001

So level 21 vaal skill gems should still be obtainable :homebrew:

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Count Uvula posted:

Somehow I feel like a +8 helmet will be more expensive than the Kaom's Signs.

i feel sorry for the person who is going to be baited into spending more than an exalt on a self cast discharge/elemental hit helmet

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah that skill is only good with actual prolif

Wait

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

please knock Mom! posted:

Yeah that skill is only good with actual prolif

Wait

expensive build for elite ladder pushers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ2MNzDmiTo&t=150s

the build you recommend to absolute beginners:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF5q6vfvEF0&t=9s

the game has changed a bit

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

remember when sunder was just the stopgap skill until you got eq

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
New cards I'll never get the complete set of

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Awesome! posted:

i instantly abandon every "open chest" mission he gives me unless its for zana

Decoy totem tends to help with those missions.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I'm off on vacation until next Tuesday night. Will the guild likely see purges prior to the new league actually starting or should I be relatively safe if I remember to log in on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning?

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Can I please get an invite to the guild? IGN is BlenderVarlot.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

For chest missions that Zane has gotten me into, I just kite the exile down the hall a ways then sprint past him, clear out the area, and open the chest. They stop following once they’re a screen or so behind so it’s a reliable way to have breathing room

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah thats the go to strat if you must do the mission

although on one of them this league i got the frostbolt exile that absolutely would not get off the box or do anything at all other than spam frostbolts from off screen

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ugh Samurais? not my canon :colbert:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

I always love the div card art.

I can almost hear him yawning from here, just not even batting an eye at some dude trying to hack his arm off while another guy tries to kick him.

Loyalty is probably the best in the game :kimchi:

Grave Knowledge is a close second:

That zombie is telling him some loving great poo poo, look at his grin. "What? If I trick my friends into dying in the map you're saying I get all the loot to myself?" :unsmigghh:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Zero VGS posted:

Edit: Anyone ever done Bloodseeker - Berserker? "Cloaked In Savagery" giving 100% Damage as Instant Life Leech after Savage Hit sounds like you could facetank anything. I kind of want to try it with Vaal Double Strike on account of the vaal reworks.

I just rerolled a Standard character into a Berserker to test this and it works like I thought... if you get hit for 15% of your life, then for the next 4 seconds every one of your attacks will instantly heal you to full life. Bloodseeker damage is... not great, but with a Brass Dome I can't really die unless I'm incredibly stupid about positioning.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

There's some builds that maximize that combo on the forums. It's pretty ok, can do some decent dps.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mo_Steel posted:

I always love the div card art.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That one's a good slow burner.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Man, I really gotta pay more attention to the art on these.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Bloodseeker - Berserker, to me, is a perfect starting build for a league.

1. You only need a cheap unique weapon, everything else can be self found.
2. Scales well with money in
links (going from a 5L to Bringer of Rain as your 6L, to a rare 6L chest, to a unique 6L chest)
dps (going from Death's Hand to better stat sticks and jewelry)
and crit (going from no crit to full crit with expensive jewels).
3. Can do everything up to guardians without any heavy investment.
4. Whirling Blades and Leap Slam as movement skill means you can use Kaoms Roots.

There are obvious downsides, like having to use a claw dependent skill, or the dependence on accuracy. Also the comparatively slow clearspeed combined with actualy hectic gameplay is grating to me.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Seems like the League for running builds with cheap uniques so you can buy them in bulk and sacrifice them to the Vaal

Thinking of doing a BV Occultist since I've never played either of those before, with Marylene's Fallacy since you can stack crit to high heavens easily enough already and even more so with new BV. Could get some juicy corruptions on that.

E: Although I'm wondering, how do people usually sustain mana on BV builds? The PoB damage is crazy (400k Shaper dps on a 4L without Diamond Flask up) but I'm sitting on 200 unreserved mana and 42 mana/sec regen when it's 53 mana/cast. I can sacrifice some damage for sustain for sure, but grabbing max mana/mana regen feels kinda lovely and inefficient when I'm reserving most of it anyway.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 24, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

This card has been created by user ToiletOfGold.[citation needed]

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

After years I finally managed to unlock the Scion and the new leagues next week are kinda calling to me, since D3 isn't giving us anything new for next season.

This SSF thing seems like it would be extremely my poo poo, is this always available? How many builds would be non-viable if I had to rely on drops/crafting?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SSF is always available, and I believe it makes a good number of builds much less viable due to being shut out of the economy. Like, I wouldn't want to play golems using it because your only real way of scaling damage is unique jewels in quantities far beyond what you'll see yourself. Basically any build that is heavily reliant on a non-common unique that is difficult/impossible to chance or not connected to a divination card would be a crapshot.
On the other hand you can drop out of it any time you want.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

SSF it is then. Not gonna look up any specific builds, so lets see how badly I can screw up my passive tree.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
You already hosed it up so bad you need to reroll and the league hasn't even started.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

George posted:

You already hosed it up so bad you need to reroll and the league hasn't even started.

Can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svensken
May 29, 2010
loving up your first character is pretty much a rite of initiation to PoB