Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jel Shaker posted:

Fifa fines or docks points off teams if there is absolutely any hint of politics from teams or players

America could do the same by not having a loving army advertising troup song and dance show before a game

It's typically a pop singer, but yea I get your point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Hello. I'm just as retarded as are president. We

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Jel Shaker posted:

Fifa fines or docks points off teams if there is absolutely any hint of politics from teams or players

America could do the same by not having a loving army advertising troup song and dance show before a game

What and not celebrate that we kicked the asses of those British bastards over 200 years ago? I think not good sir!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Lpzie posted:

Hello. I'm just as retarded as are president. We
me too op

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Gonna be a laugh riot when the NFL still keeps losing viewers but doesn't think anything about throwing 100 flags a game and attempting to reverse every scoring play.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

The NFL had its anual off-season rules meetings this week and decided to fine teams if players kneeled during the anthem
I'm really glad the news is talking about this instead of the Russia Investigation.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Leon Einstein posted:

Why hasn't anyone told Trump how terrible his eyebrows look?

I find it really fascinating that Trump pretends to be some huge alpha male that can't be intimidated by anything, yet his skin is thinner than tissue paper and he has constant meltdowns and tantrums like a 3 year old. I was watching a Netflix show about Trump (don't remember which), and an interviewer brought up how the Taj Mahal was bought with borrowed money and how it is in major debt, and Trump had a hissy fit that he pointed that out.

Was it Dirty Money? Because that episode of that TV show should be mandatory watching for everyone in the thread it is incredible.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

That's pretty interesting given that he's the reason Chelsea Manning was a thing, and the GOP hates Chelsea with a passion.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

It's typically a pop singer, but yea I get your point.

I saw a rodeo in San Antonio and everyone did a mass prayer before any events, it really felt like we just walked into a cult meeting and everything was just about to go wicker man

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

a new study bible! posted:

Gonna be a laugh riot when the NFL still keeps losing viewers but doesn't think anything about throwing 100 flags a game and attempting to reverse every scoring play.

They also implemented a rule for this year for player safety due to concussion concerns that severely curtails how contact with the helmet is made.
I dunno how much you follow football or not, but the way it's written effectively means that the offensive and defensive linemen can no longer then crouch in the '3-point stance' (think your traditional big guy, crouched down before the play with one hand on the ground, stance), because the whole point of that is to use that leverage to push into the guy across from you as the rest of the play happens, either blocking him, or trying to get past him, respectively. Doing this, invariably causes your helmet to hit him in a way that now results in a penalty.

So, either A.) we're going to see 5 billion MORE flags because players cannot adjust to this, because literally generations of people and coaches playing the same positions before them knew only how to do this.
or B.) They're going to have to stand in a sort of squated, position and hope they can use their hands, shoulders, and side to side lateral speed and strength to accomplish the same effect, which can be done, but no one really knows how to coach yet, and so offensive and defensive line play is going to be a complete poo poo show for a couple years until entirely new techniques are developed to teach these guys the best way to still be really gigantic mountain men size dudes but not use the best leverage to do the job their suppose to.

Also this makes goal line stands and QB sneaks almost impossible to pull off legally, so far as most people can tell.

e: and sorry for going that off topic in the trump thread, the conversation veered in the NFL becoming a poo poo show over the last decade'ish and I just found this pertinent. My bad if you hate the sports thing.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 24, 2018

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Sportsball is still boring.
They should jazz it up a bit, just like they did for Blernsball.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Big Beef City posted:

They also implemented a rule for this year for player safety due to concussion concerns that severely curtails how contact with the helmet is made.
I dunno how much you follow football or not, but the way it's written effectively means that the offensive and defensive linemen can no longer then crouch in the '3-point stance' (think your traditional big guy, crouched down before the play with one hand on the ground, stance), because the whole point of that is to use that leverage to push into the guy across from you as the rest of the play happens, either blocking him, or trying to get past him, respectively. Doing this, invariably causes your helmet to hit him in a way that now results in a penalty.

So, either A.) we're going to see 5 billion MORE flags because players cannot adjust to this, because literally generations of people and coaches playing the same positions before them knew only how to do this.
or B.) They're going to have to stand in a sort of squated, position and hope they can use their hands, shoulders, and side to side lateral speed and strength to accomplish the same effect, which can be done, but no one really knows how to coach yet, and so offensive and defensive line play is going to be a complete poo poo show for a couple years until entirely new techniques are developed to teach these guys the best way to still be really gigantic mountain men size dudes but not use the best leverage to do the job their suppose to.

Also this makes goal line stands and QB sneaks almost impossible to pull off legally, so far as most people can tell.

Dude I appreciate the effort, but make a thread about sports balls. (Which I love)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

Dude I appreciate the effort, but make a thread about sports balls. (Which I love)

I'll lay off and added an apology edit to my post right before you posted this. Sorry everyone. Carry on lol'in

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
so conflicted, taking a knee to say gently caress trump owns, but football fans and the sport itself deserve to be nuked. ugh.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/SheaSerrano/status/999440878480617472

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Bogus Adventure posted:

That's pretty interesting given that he's the reason Chelsea Manning was a thing, and the GOP hates Chelsea with a passion.

it's really not. the last thing he did was hurt the democrats and that's as far back as a chud's memory goes

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sports are good set nerds

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

olives black posted:

it's really not. the last thing he did was hurt the democrats and that's as far back as a chud's memory goes

Fair dues

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

imagine being as retarded as trump lmaoooo

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Bogus Adventure posted:

he's "owning the libs" right now and that's all that matters to them

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FuturePastNow posted:

he's "owning the libs" right now and that's all that matters to them

He's also a rapist and :mrapig:, so I guess he fits in with the chuds.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Lpzie posted:

imagine being as retarded as trump lmaoooo

This guy is.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Bogus Adventure posted:

He's also a rapist and :mrapig:, so I guess he fits in with the chuds.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
this should be good

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/999454450854039552

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

I know, right? I punched in "garrison comics nfl" and it was two bullshit ones, then the one with the Cleveland reds, then the goon one. It was hosted by know ur meme so it's out in the wild a little.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

LifeSunDeath posted:

people will never stop being aggressively stupid.

I did a double take on this because at a glance I thought the face on the t-shirt at right was Clayton Bigsby.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

The brick actually contributes positively to infrastructure week regardless of mental ability.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I can't wait for the reaction faces of the Fox and Friends hosts repeatedly learning the merit of "never meet your heroes."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

And nose deep in a big pile of cocaine at 5:55am

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Alternative facts.

Rudy: Trump Might Commit Perjury Because ‘Truth Is Relative’
https://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/rudy-trump-might-commit-perjury-because-truth-is-relative.html

quote:

“What they’re really trying to do is trap him into perjury, and we’re not suckers.”

The perjury trap turns out to be the nature of truth itself, and Mueller’s presumptive belief that it exists in some stable form. “Truth is relative,” Giuliani tells the Post. “They may have a different version of the truth than we do.”

a different version of the truth.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
It’s actually impossible to lie.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Is it true the president of the United States hosed his own daughter?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

This time he'll say something so dumb, the floral arrangement on the table will wilt on cue, complete with descending slide whistle noises.

They will comically zoom in on this as it happens.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Fabulousity posted:

I did a double take on this because at a glance I thought the face on the t-shirt at right was Clayton Bigsby.

I did a double take on this because the woman on the right appears to only have 1 leg.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Big Beef City posted:

e: and sorry for going that off topic in the trump thread, the conversation veered in the NFL becoming a poo poo show over the last decade'ish and I just found this pertinent. My bad if you hate the sports thing.

To continue the derail, do you think this would make it possible for a lovely team that can miraculously rapidly adapt their way into an actual advantage?

Browns are going to the superbowl this year, same joke as every year, but in the hell dimension they're gonna somehow do it.

E: thanks be to trump, finally actually did something amazing even though the planet was ruined to make it possible

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Obsidianheart posted:

I did a double take on this because the woman on the right appears to only have 1 leg.

Looks like she has no legs to me.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

a new study bible! posted:

Is it true the president of the United States hosed his own daughter?

Just checked Snopes and Politifact and it’s confirmed true.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I don't know who that old gently caress on the left is, but every time I see him I want to drive my boot into his idiot face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Thicc as