Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I am very happy for Iron Fist!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

He looks like he has fangs in the last panel. Maybe we’re finally seeing Saberfist.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edmund Lava posted:

He looks like he has fangs in the last panel. Maybe we’re finally seeing Saberfist.

New weekday artist: Stan Kelly!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
netflix iron fist it is. i'm looking forward to the usual meet-up and pummeling nsm scene, except both if and nsm manage to punch themselves in the face repeatedly.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Synthbuttrange posted:

No one gets to be happy.

Are you kidding? After seeing that beard with the mask I will DIE happy!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Couldn't he have chopped the guns in half instead of punching them tho

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Bruceski posted:

Are you kidding? After seeing that beard with the mask I will DIE happy!

Bold move for NSM to announce the Newspaper Amalgam universe with a combination Iron Fist/Richard Dragon.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If he could do that, he'd be Iron Hand, not Iron Fist

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

His name isn't Iron Chop.

Edit: beaten like the prostitute that had Vince Shlomi arrested

Lobok fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 23, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I wonder if there'll be a backstory for the grizzled Iron Fist

Hell, what are the chances it isn't Danny Rand?

Unless someone pulls up how much of a deep cut a bearded Iron Fist with an open jacket is because he had an appearance in a random issue from 30 years ago.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

netflix iron fist it is. i'm looking forward to the usual meet-up and pummeling nsm scene, except both if and nsm manage to punch themselves in the face repeatedly.

All I could think once I saw that strip is about how Spidey is going to take that gun-chopping fist to the head at some point.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Synthbuttrange posted:

No one gets to be happy.
...god there's gotta be something wrong with me, all I can think is "so in Danny Rand's personal life he's decided to change up how he gives oral sex, huh" when I look at this.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I can't believe I'm saying this; Iron Fist's design in NSM is better than the usual one!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Somebody catch me up on who Iron Fist is

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Miss posted:

He can focus psychic energy to punch stuff really hard because a dragon taught him how. Now he fights crime.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Miss posted:

Quick summary....Iron Fist is a guy named Danny Rand. He learned martial arts from this mysterious Chinese martial arts master from an alternate dimension, and then, after killing an immortal dragon (Yes, I know), gained the power of the Iron Fist, which is like all the chi, which he can use to power his martial arts so he can punch anything.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Epicurius posted:

Quick summary....Iron Fist is a guy named Danny Rand. He learned martial arts from this mysterious Chinese martial arts master from an alternate dimension, and then, after killing an immortal dragon (Yes, I know), gained the power of the Iron Fist, which is like all the chi, which he can use to power his martial arts so he can punch anything.

We're going to get a solid week of Danny explaining this to Spider-man, you're wasting your posting powers.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Lurdiak posted:

We're going to get a solid week of Danny explaining this to Spider-man, you're wasting your posting powers.

it's OK, I appreciated it. Thanks Epicurius!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
But who is Iron Fist?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

some white dude

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Lurdiak posted:

Probably, but the time line of the comic will go something like this...

Week of Danny fighting the thugs, week of the FBI agent starting to run away, week of Peter explaining to the cab driver why he wants to go to the Bugle, week of the driver and Peter arguing over directions, week of the cab being caught in traffic and Peter trying to decide whether to walk the rest of the way, week of Peter trying to figure out if he should tip the guy because the guy didn't even take him to the destination, week of Peter and the driver arguing over the tip, week of the fleeing FBI agent knocking over Peter with Iron Fist in pursuit, week of Peter changing to Spiderman to figure out what's going on, week of Spiderman. And Iron Fist fighting because Spiderman thinks Danny a bad guy trying to kidnap the FBI guy, and then finally the two of them teaming up, where we get Danny's backstory.

So that takes us to August before we even get it.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Samuringa posted:

I wonder if there'll be a backstory for the grizzled Iron Fist

Hell, what are the chances it isn't Danny Rand?

Unless someone pulls up how much of a deep cut a bearded Iron Fist with an open jacket is because he had an appearance in a random issue from 30 years ago.

It will be similar to Thor getting switched around in the 90s and having a new, grizzled and hip attitude.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Samovar posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this; Iron Fist's design in NSM is better than the usual one!

Eh, Iron Fist has had a number of looks over the years. His current tracksuit costume is really, really good, but his classic one isn't too great, I'll grant.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

That's definitely gonna be the Netflix Iron Fist because he has a beard. So this guy is basically going to be the Worst Iron Fist.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Which still puts him leagues above the best Newspaper Spider-Man.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, nsm means well. except for when he forgets that he means well and is a huge jerk for no particular reason.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

VictorianQueerLit posted:

It will be similar to Thor getting switched around in the 90s and having a new, grizzled and hip attitude.

I feel like Thor only said the second part because he just heard what the first one sounded like.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah but now imagine Hemsworth saying it.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

davidspackage posted:

I feel like Thor only said the second part because he just heard what the first one sounded like.

A confusing narrative to say the least

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Iron Fist is also the Immortal Weapon of Kun Lun, one of the seven cities of heaven that align with the Earth-normal every so often and merge into one big city called the Heart of Heaven every 88 years. Then they hold a big old fighting tournament.

He is good buds with Luke Cage and sometimes beats up hoodlums with him. He is both a street-level guy and mystical-bullshit tier.

Other immortal weapons include Fat Cobra, who is great.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

goatface posted:

Iron Fist is also the Immortal Weapon of Kun Lun, one of the seven cities of heaven that align with the Earth-normal every so often and merge into one big city called the Heart of Heaven every 88 years. Then they hold a big old fighting tournament.

He is good buds with Luke Cage and sometimes beats up hoodlums with him. He is both a street-level guy and mystical-bullshit tier.

Other immortal weapons include Fat Cobra, who is great.

Fat Cobra is the best.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Eh, Iron Fist has had a number of looks over the years. His current tracksuit costume is really, really good, but his classic one isn't too great, I'll grant.

I dunno, the track suit's all right, but it gives a Bruce Lee vibe (obviously) and Danny's never been the Bruce Lee of Marvel, that's the other guy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

good job fisto.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

good job fisto.

I guess it really is Netflix Iron Fist.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Synthbuttrange posted:

good job fisto.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

VictorianQueerLit posted:

A confusing narrative to say the least

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can't believe we're getting Hulk Jimmy Woo.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Jesus loving christ :psypop:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Well, that was a quick arc. What's up next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's like netflix realized how disliked their Iron Fist was and just decided to run with it. The Defenders were pretty much "Let's Dunk On Iron Fist" the series-