Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Replace the anthem with a reading from Ayn Rand's Anthem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

This video is loving mind-blowing, by the way. Not in the sense that it's surprising at all but HOLLLLLLLY gently caress the poor non-white people in this country.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Koirhor posted:

I am very glad for the anthem decision, I was already on the fence to stop paying attention the NFL in general but they made up my mind. I will go on believing that the league dissolved in 2011 immediately after the Packers won the superbowl. Been fun shitposting with the rest of you, from now on Hockey season starts early.

If you change your mind come on back, but we understand if you don't

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

I’m curious what these players are planning. Uniform violations? Facing away from the flag? Actual kneeling?

Fun game: which white quarterback is most likely to participate in these protests?

McCown is a decent bet.

quote:

They described the feeling of being followed around in a mall. They discussed what it’s like to be tailed by police for no reason. It struck McCown that these are conversations he never has to have, because he is white.

“They’re running a race with a weighted vest on,” he thought.

The New York Jets quarterback relayed this story Friday at a forum put together by the non-profit RISE – Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality, started in 2015 by Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. Most of the conversation was about a 2017 NFL season filled with debate and division, and McCown was one of the most passionate speakers.

“As a white man in America,” he said, “to not acknowledge your path is not the same as another is very irresponsible.”

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I think the nfl is the last bastion of rationality standing against tromp

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/999369430525186048

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

poo poo, I'm white and I've had the police barge into my house and handcuff me because I "seemed agitated" against my consent, I can't loving imagine how scary interacting with the police must be as a minority.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

poo poo, I'm white and I've had the police barge into my house and handcuff me because I "seemed agitated" against my consent, I can't loving imagine how scary interacting with the police must be as a minority.

Watch the Sterling Brown video where he parks illegally in an empty parking lot at 2am as he runs into a store, politely answers an aggressive cop's questions, and in response has 6 cop cars roll up on him 5 minutes later and violently arrest him.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trumpo is gonna be talking with his cabinet (Fox & Friends) tomorrow at 6a in a pre-recorded statement where he's gonna complain that the NFL owners are still cowards who didn't suck his dick enough if anybody wants to watch them get humiliated in real time

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Lions definitely voted for this to push the story of Matt Patricia breaking down a door and raping a women completely out of the news cycle.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

blech. gently caress that guy

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

TheChirurgeon posted:

lol your team just won a super bowl. This is literally the best possible time to walk away and never look back

Yeah I'm kind of here.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

What's amazingly bullshit about that is that no one came to an agreement, it was just a declarative rule.

Dak, you puppet.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Replace the anthem with Player's Anthem. If they are playing in London, play International Player's anthem instead.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

trump wants it to be like nascar

look at nascar's popularity lately

trump praising nascar for not kneeling or whatever made me want to loving die

nascar's in dire enough straits without him rubbing his flaccid dick all over it

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Jerry knows how to find the good ones

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Keith Atherton posted:

Jerry knows how to find the good ones

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kidcoelacanth posted:

nascar's in dire enough straits without him rubbing his flaccid dick all over it

And Indy has to deal with Pence

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

kidcoelacanth posted:

NASCAR is a demographic nightmare

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Koirhor posted:

I am very glad for the anthem decision, I was already on the fence to stop paying attention the NFL in general but they made up my mind. I will go on believing that the league dissolved in 2011 immediately after the Packers won the superbowl. Been fun shitposting with the rest of you, from now on Hockey season starts early.

Tate will always have caught that ball

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Its Rinaldo posted:

Tate will always have caught that ball

And butler picked off Wilson

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Finally!

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/999412792275931136

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

OPINION: *hot acidic diarrhea comes flying out of my butt*

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ehud posted:

OPINION: *hot acidic diarrhea comes flying out of my butt*

:same:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

it's hell

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if rg3 is a cornball brother then dak is mitt romney

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

brave stance dak

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

"we" get "our" NFL "back" lmao gently caress dogwhistles, this is just a full-on train sounding the horn.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

One of biggest teams is sponsored by Liberty University. NASCAR is very proud to be chud central

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

"we" get "our" NFL "back" lmao gently caress dogwhistles, this is just a full-on train sounding the horn.

https://twitter.com/goldengateblond/status/999426690328612864

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

shyduck posted:

One of biggest teams is sponsored by Liberty University. NASCAR is very proud to be chud central

Wait, is this real?

I can't believe I didn't know this, I hate Liberty University.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

love my qb

rest of y'all can go gently caress yourselves

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Koirhor posted:

The NFL is like a drug. It may be bad for us to consume but at the same time drat it is some good poo poo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

incompetent posted:

love my qb

rest of y'all can go gently caress yourselves

seek help

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Don’t give him the attention he desperately craves

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/999408834660663299

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I believe that's how it will work for everyone

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
BRB BUYING THE gently caress OUTTA A JIMMY G THROWBACK WHITE

https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/999502748126072833?s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Spoeank posted:

BRB BUYING THE gently caress OUTTA A JIMMY G THROWBACK WHITE

https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/999502748126072833?s=19

everyone loves Ini Kamoze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

white jerseys are boring as poo poo

the only good white jersey in the league is the cowboys' white with blue shoulders

• Locked thread