Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I know about the Woolie having a short-haired women fetish but is this accurate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/detroit-become-human-review

the screenshots in there

oh my goooooooooooooooooooooooooood

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
david cage continues his war against any semblance of subtly further howling down the hack path. Happy detroit day everyone

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Depths posted:

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/detroit-become-human-review

the screenshots in there

oh my goooooooooooooooooooooooooood

And here's why David Cage kept getting work, the writer of the review accurately describes all of the awful writing problems in the game but then goes "Eh, but I had fun pushing buttons, 3.5 out of 5!"

quote:

Detroit: Become Human sometimes feels like it's running down a checklist of those issues, appending "but with androids!" at the end. The civil rights movement and racism, but with androids! Domestic abuse, but with androids! The perils of sex work, but with androids! Police brutality, but with androids! The Underground Railroad, but with androids! Internment camps, but with androids! The more direct the analog, the more than Detroit falters. It feels like there were different, more interesting ways some of these story choices could've played out. A number of folks will likely check out when some of these direct references pop up and I wouldn't blame them.

Oh my god I loving can't wait for them to do this game y'all.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Just finished the latest Friendcast.
I don't know why Pat is so obsessed with smelly Melee players, but his whispering is like the antithesis of ASMR.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

wow Woolie's Mom's Balls ON STREAM in this GoW episode

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Look's like Pat's prediction came true: Detroit is being reviewed as a mediocre game, not bad or good, which is a terrible middle-ground for it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ApeHawk posted:

Look's like Pat's prediction came true: Detroit is being reviewed as a mediocre game, not bad or good, which is a terrible middle-ground for it.

No, it's a disaster. screenshots showing up martin luther king speech button.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yea, if you'll allow a crosspost

WampaLord posted:

Good to see that the Cage Sexism is still as strong as ever:

"Those broads, always wanting to talk after sex! Who needs em?!" - David Cage

This is just some minor casual sexism from a flier. Can't wait to see Cage tackle poo poo like Android Lives Matter. :v:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Tae posted:

No, it's a disaster. screenshots showing up martin luther king speech button.

Press triangle to have a dream.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
No one's giving the MLK speech.

They're scrawling it across a commercial product in the hopes that people will see it and think, huh, whoever did this sure is deep.

The art is about itself and nothing else.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/999691714695716864

:f5h::smith:

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 24, 2018

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
On that note, and using the tenuous link that he’s a fellow Youtuber and the Zaibatsu know who he is (and a lot of you probably do too), TotalBiscuit, the Cynical Brit, has passed away after a long battle with liver cancer.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nilbop posted:

On that note, and using the tenuous link that he’s a fellow Youtuber and the Zaibatsu know who he is (and a lot of you probably do too), TotalBiscuit, the Cynical Brit, has passed away after a long battle with liver cancer.

he was a poster here until he was run off for being a stupid piece of crap and he remianed that way uintil he died lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2634792

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I barely know anything about TotalBiscuit beyond the fact that he was a Youtuber but holy gently caress, glass houses mate.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nilbop posted:

I barely know anything about TotalBiscuit beyond the fact that he was a Youtuber
One who encouraged the harassment of women and minorities in frequent flirtation with the alt-right, specifically.

Cancer is indisputably horrific, dying of it in your early 30s especially so, but if you wonder why sympathy for him is thin on the ground in places, well, f y i

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He was an ignorant idiot but lol at people comparing him to literal nazis or worse

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
AFAIK he didn't he re-neg on his Gamergate poo poo after it was clear it was never about ethics in game journalism?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Neo_Crimson posted:

AFAIK he didn't he re-neg on his Gamergate poo poo after it was clear it was never about ethics in game journalism?

About a year ago or so he said that who knows what Gamergate was about but all the journalists kept lying and lying and lying. Are women being chased out of gaming culture? It's impossible to know, but yes, and by all those god drat Journalists.

gently caress him.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Neo_Crimson posted:

I mean, he didn't do it day one so I find that hard to believe.

This situation is a nice reminder that there's a large spectrum of reactions between grief and glee when someone passes away than the internet would let you believe. One of them is indifference and we should probably just go for that one more often.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Neo_Crimson posted:

No he tried to ride some BOTH SIDES bullshit while also still saying "But actually no we can't ever know if women are actually harassed out of the scene and all the games journos are still lying about what GG was about". Basically he was a massive loving idiot in a way that usually signals that he probably had some morally loving abhorrent opinions and political leanings (See: The Jontrons of the world) but at least never went a Full Jontron.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 25, 2018

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Steering to something more positive,
https://www.twitch.tv/peachsaliva

peach is back and streaming and she's a furry ally mustardsona who danced to horse cock and pat explains what NTR is

Game starts 100 mins in.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 25, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Steering to something more positive,
https://www.twitch.tv/peachsaliva

peach is back and streaming and she's a furry ally mustardsona who danced to horse cock and pat explains what NTR is

Game starts 100 mins in.

Eventually we'll be saying how long the gameplay is compare to the three hour long podcast between the two of them.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
TB was very popular on Reddit, which should sum him up pretty well for you. He also wished cancer on someone else, but apparently regretted that when he got cancer himself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He actually regretted it before he got cancer, where he tweeted at the dude who he told to get cancer and die years later and said "what the gently caress, I actually said that? Wow, I'm a oval office, I'm so sorry"

He was just another idiot on the internet, but with a big audience.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

This was the dude he told to go get cancer.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean, ok, he didn't apologize to the people he sic'd his fanboys on or for his insane moves like "INTEL SUPPORTS DIVERSITY?! I JUST SOLD MY STOCK" and all but glad he had the base humanity to say sorry to one guy

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

been watching someone else play Detroit, as predicted some of it is interesting, some of it is INCREDIBLY STUPID, can't wait

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I guess they never did that Episode 0 podcast giving their predictions on what they think will happen in Detroit?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Indecisive posted:

been watching someone else play Detroit, as predicted some of it is interesting, some of it is INCREDIBLY STUPID, can't wait

Words can't express how hype I am for the Best Friends playthrough of this

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I guess they never did that Episode 0 podcast giving their predictions on what they think will happen in Detroit?

They're releasing two vids before Detroit LP comes out.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

They mentioned it on the podcast, they did. They'll probably be out over the weekend, with Detroit Episode 1 hitting on Monday.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There's one bit in particular I hope they manage to not get spoiled on before they hit it in the LP, because holy poo poo

There's a bit where the black android revolutionary leader turns the black off before giving his big speech.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
In the run up to Detroit, I've been seeing a lot of posts that we're in the happy fun times what with Matt playing Mario Kart with Hitomi and Woolie and Liam playing Nier and we're well and clear of The Depression Era and surely Detroit won't destroy everyone.

What was The Depression Era? :ohdear:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think that was like Cat Lady, Silent Hills Wii, Night in the Woods, LA Noire.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Nah the real depression era was the combo of Minecraft: Story Mode, Reboot, and Omikron, culminating in Matt taking a vacation and Liam leaving.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Never forget, Omikron nearly killed them

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

There's one bit in particular I hope they manage to not get spoiled on before they hit it in the LP, because holy poo poo

There's a bit where the black android revolutionary leader turns the black off before giving his big speech.

Wait, what!? :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's actually a good twist for an android uprising thing. I don't expect someone like David cage to handle it with the proper gloves it needs, but it's a good concept for synths to manipulate people by.