Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Tei posted:

Hope they made tanks OP again.

I hope they didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
I think it looks like a lot of fun!

Just got back in to BF1 after playing a bit of CoD, and I vastly prefer everything about BF. Except the load times and the stupid long quit time.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I hope the MG42 in this game is insanely good

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Battlefield 5: My wife and I walked down the aisle to the Terminator theme

explain plz

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Minorkos posted:

I hope the MG42 in this game is insanely good

hipfired? check

pinpoint accuracy? check

anti aircraft gun? check

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tei posted:

I will customize my female nazi to be full prostecics, all body, prostetics arms, prostetic legs, prostestic torso.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dz5Qvk5ZuY&t=64s

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

OK I've made a lot of horseposts in this thread but I don't think I'm gonna top this one.

https://i.imgur.com/MMpkdvB.gifv

Ribbon of the Khan

you made genghis proud

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Battlefield 5: My wife and I walked down the aisle to the Terminator theme

explain plz

I mentioned the music for the Apocalypse DLC was scary and then someone said it sounded like the Terminator theme (which it kinda does), followed by that.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
What I expected

What I got

(fairly certain the steampunkiness is limited to that one co-op mode at least)

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I mean, that level of customisation is going to be throughout because they can sell robot hands etc.

I'm OK with it. I'm happy with it, frankly. Battlefield is a goofballs play experience, it should absolutely be leaning in on that a bit.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All those changes look great. I wonder how long the revive animation is.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

ShineDog posted:

I mean, that level of customisation is going to be throughout because they can sell robot hands etc.

I'm OK with it. I'm happy with it, frankly. Battlefield is a goofballs play experience, it should absolutely be leaning in on that a bit.

Yeah I'm baffled by all the people getting mad about this not looking like some grim Saving Private Ryan type of poo poo. Doing crazy poo poo has always been a hallmark of the series. Which, speaking of, sticky explosives are coming back. :getin:

RCarr posted:

All those changes look great. I wonder how long the revive animation is.

Think jackfrags said it's like 2-3 seconds

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The people who are mad wouldn't be mad if it was only white men doing crazy poo poo.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I was saying on Twitter dot com that if adding women to BF5 means incels aren't gonna play then good riddance

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Tei posted:

So we have some loving awesome game they are making, but all around of the intro theres a lot of negativity because they tried to get mil-sim people to buy Bad Company 3.

I think people will loving call down once we see more gameplay.

What I don't understand is how medics will be viable in the new model of "no magical effects". If revive require a long animation, even less people will revive.

Also "spawn on squad" is the most stupid mechanic ever, but I guess is a compromise with some people wanting instant action. Hope they made tanks OP again.

Medics also revive faster and to full health I believe, whereas squad revives are slower and don’t fully heal

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Parkingtigers posted:

No more HUD/map spotting, spotting is based on movement/changes around you

Can someone explain what this means?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I'd have to go back and read up on it again to be sure but I got the impression it'll basically be like BF4 hardcore (BF1 too maybe? Haven't played BF1 very much, let alone in hardcore) - spotted enemies only show up on the full map, no minimap and no doritos. Places a lot more emphasis on using your eyes and ears. Which, there's supposed to be a lot more interactivity with the environment in BFV so you can look for things like displaced grass as someone runs through it or a camped out sniper making a depression in the foliage.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Flakfire's trailer analysis video is well worth a look. Breaks down all the things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23dzc8zXjdo

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
JackFrags interviews a dev-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh4MHyozPyU

I'm really, really hyped for this.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

E2M2 posted:

I was saying on Twitter dot com that if adding women to BF5 means incels aren't gonna play then good riddance

Ugh, I'm not going to get called a femnazi as much. This is a disaster.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
I'm kind of baffled by all the "ugh, this looks like more BF1" I've been seeing everywhere. This looks like the biggest overhaul to the series in ages.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Probably the goofy spiked cricket bat thing.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
And the capes, and how BF1 already looked halfway to a WW2 game

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
BF1 loving owned, so "ugh, more BF1" but with Tigers and Spitfires is literally all I could ever want in life.

Two days later I'm still chuckling over DICE doubling down on the diversity just to piss off fuckboys. It's like they heard all the "why are there black people in my WW1 game? What the gently caress DICE, why not just include disabled women next time?" and thought "challenge loving accepted" and ran with it. I need to give this company all my money, because the meltdowns online... they are so good.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

BF1 loving owned, so "ugh, more BF1" but with Tigers and Spitfires is literally all I could ever want in life.

Two days later I'm still chuckling over DICE doubling down on the diversity just to piss off fuckboys. It's like they heard all the "why are there black people in my WW1 game? What the gently caress DICE, why not just include disabled women next time?" and thought "challenge loving accepted" and ran with it. I need to give this company all my money, because the meltdowns online... they are so good.

Wanna buy my copy for me?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I think it may mean that there are environmental factors that activate it? It looked like in the trailer right after he picks up the MG42 dude jumps through a hedgerow and there's a german squad in front of him. You can see a red icon pop up over their heads but just before that you hear a guy shout in German. So it seems like the character hearing the shout from the enemy team auto spotted those guys, but I could be wrong.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The five new weapons aren’t in the xbone version yet, right? Their advertised as immediately available on the home screen but there hasn’t been a patch for them and I’ve yet to see anyone with them

Edit: Nvm found them they’re a seperate download in the xbox store

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 26, 2018

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Parkingtigers posted:

The single player will, according to the game’s Origin page, include a French colonial troops campaign.

So yeah, we’re in for a treat when reddit wraps it’s head around that!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I love colonial armies

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Noctone posted:

Places a lot more emphasis on using your eyes and ears. Which, there's supposed to be a lot more interactivity with the environment in BFV so you can look for things like displaced grass as someone runs through it or a camped out sniper making a depression in the foliage.

This can't be right. If it was you'd need a super fast grfx card and given the fact that bitcoin idiots have caused the prices to go sky high, I don't think enough people have/can afford a high end card.

Unless they find some weird black magic that makes foliage displacement extremely resource efficient. Or everybody will play on low grfx and it will be far too easy to spot people lying in brownish circles in a field.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I still have a GTX960 with 2gb on my PC so unless they make it run super smooth, it'll be low settings or PS4 for me. Low settings = less poo poo on screen = advantage.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Battlefield games have always ran incredibly well for me considering how impressive they are graphically. I have something like 100-140 FPS in BF4 with settings on high with my mid tier computer

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The current CTE patch is adding a suppressed 1911, the Burton LMR with regular and incendiary rounds, and adding the tanker/pilot weapons to the assault and support classes.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

sunday at work posted:

and adding the tanker/pilot weapons to the assault and support classes.

Oh hell yeah

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

What happened with this game? I have really good memories of it, but when I see referentes to it on youtube people talk like the game is now a radiactive crater. Has something bad happened to it? It was a really good BF, next to Desert Combat, Galactic Conquest, BF2 and Bad Company 2.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I mostly lost interest when pubg came out for the bone.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I played some mixed CQ playlists last week because I haven't really touched the Apocalypse maps.

Caporetto seems broken. The two times I played it, I was Italian and the attacking Austrians couldn't take a single objective.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tei posted:

What happened with this game? I have really good memories of it, but when I see referentes to it on youtube people talk like the game is now a radiactive crater. Has something bad happened to it? It was a really good BF, next to Desert Combat, Galactic Conquest, BF2 and Bad Company 2.

It’s still a great game, it’s just that people get bored of playing the same game for years.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah for example I'm pretty sure that 90%of my entire playtime was within the first 7 months of the game and and the remaining 10% in the nearly 14 months after that.

Can't wait to see you guys again in BFV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Tei posted:

A lot of YouTube people wish that BF1 was BF4