Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm beginning to suspect the Doughboys have a policy that every guest must have grown up in the New York or Boston area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Ayyy, Boston baby!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

caligulamprey posted:

Jennie Pierson is a goddamn delight and 100% accurate in her McDonald's Fries is Bullshit opinion (McDonald's is bullshit in general).

Also: having lived the entire '90s in Victorville, why the gently caress are these obscure-to-the-west-coast chains opening up shop in loving Victorville of all places?

it's getting big now thanks to the film archive

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Didn't that burn down?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Jennie Person was a great guest, I very much enjoy her calling out McDonalds for being not that good.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

"Boston Pee Farty" is the best Mitch roast.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Loving the Vegas discussion, especially since I just spent a weekend there and spent way too much on the Simpsons and Flintstones slot machines.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Can’t wait to hear more insane Star Wars takes.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Lol at Mitch being late every loving time.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

Lol at Mitch being late every loving time.

And getting just as mad about it coming up every time.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I'm being gaslit by all these people on Doughboys who love Dunkin Donuts. Nick saying it's his favourite fast food breakfast has to be Stockholm Syndrome from hanging around Mitch.

DD food is terrible, it feels on par with something you'd get from 7/11.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
DD is the worst food option available at airports. I avoid it at all costs. This is another case of them having bad opinions.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The Nerdists need to stop podcasting.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
DD;s coffee is passable, though mostly sugar, and their donuts are "fine"... I can't imagine being excited about their extremely salty butter sandwiches.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Popete posted:

I feel like I'm being gaslit by all these people on Doughboys who love Dunkin Donuts. Nick saying it's his favourite fast food breakfast has to be Stockholm Syndrome from hanging around Mitch.

DD food is terrible, it feels on par with something you'd get from 7/11.

as someone who will go to town on 7/11 food like a proper fat sack of poo poo DD is much worse. It's all so salty and...wet...EVERYTHING IS WET.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

finally listened to the sklar episode. i agree they suck rear end when they're clearly pivoting to their act and i wouldn't pay to see them do stand-up but when they're just riffing they are funny

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Matt Lindland posted:

I can't imagine being excited about their extremely salty butter sandwiches.

It’s because uuuhh... uuuhhh... Quincy, baby!

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Mitch is from Quincy?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Mitch is from Quincy?

Boston baby

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Thank you Olive Garden 2 ep for reminding me of "Bubba juice chop chip with milk"

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Mira has an astonishingly punchable voice.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
It's impressive that he managed to be by far the worst on Nerdist, a podcast with three guys that suck

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It was pretty funny when he suggested he'd be an adequate replacement if Gabrus couldn't do the live shows.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Man, this thread hates podcasts

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've never listened to an episode of the Doughboys Podcast and not thoroughly enjoyed it. I cherish my weekly visit from Nick and Mitch unlike you psychos.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
If this podcast was better it would be unlistenable

I give it four and a half forks

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 28, 2018

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The only Doughboys ep I didn't care for was the one with Bobby Lee, because as noted previously like half of it is just him telling his stock "My drug and alcohol problems were out of control, and then I poo poo myself while filming MadTV" anecdotes, and the other half is him telling the 'Boys that the show's premise sucks and they should drop it. That's just rude.

Oh and I guess the live episodes because I hate drunk idiots deciding that the hosts definitely want their input on every single thing that gets said, and they had better yell at them for 10 seconds from 50 feet away.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 28, 2018

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I met Mitch at a PWG show over the weekend. Paul Scheer was there too.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
drat I was hoping this week's Double would be a Solo review.

Here's the video they talk about : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvx4DRooEz4

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The_Rob posted:

I met Mitch at a PWG show over the weekend. Paul Scheer was there too.

Mitch and Wiger doing a wrestling pod would be fun

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Dacap posted:

Mitch and Wiger doing a wrestling pod would be fun

Do you listen to Gabrus and Lapkus's Raised By TV? They just did a really fun ep about wrestling.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Unmature posted:

Do you listen to Gabrus and Lapkus's Raised By TV? They just did a really fun ep about wrestling.

I did, I think having a non fan like Lapkus reacting to wrestling stuff out of context is always entertaining and would make a great show concept ( although likely better as a YouTube show). So much of wrestling requires acceptance of its own internal logic by fans that I think it's taken for granted and it's a fun reminder how insane a lot of it is.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 29, 2018

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Unmature posted:

I loved Lapkus and Gabrus on Doughboys, and I'm loving crazy about TV history, so I gave Raised by TV five episodes' worth of a chance and woof, no thanks

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

I loved Lapkus and Gabrus on Doughboys, and I'm loving crazy about TV history, so I gave Raised by TV five episodes' worth of a chance and woof, no thanks

Just listen to the ones where there are guests.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If you had one episode of Doughboys to get a friend hooked on it, what would you recommend?

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

WerthersWay posted:

If you had one episode of Doughboys to get a friend hooked on it, what would you recommend?

Chuck E Cheese? Or does that episode not work as well if you don’t already know their personalities?

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
The one with Paul Rust.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
If your friend likes Birthday Boys pick one where the guest is a Birthday Boy. That got me into it

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
KFC with PFT is a good one from what I remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

I liked the Scott Aukerman ep and the wrestling one was kinda fun but it’s all over the place and I’m probably not going to listen to any more unless I’m really hard-up for something to listen to