Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Man he was a poo poo but that's still hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

totalbiscuit was an idiot sometimes but compared to all the alt-right game youtubers he was pretty harmless

big rip

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Yeah, rip.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
someone post his GBS thread

rip

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2634792

I still remember this poo poo being posted

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

There's nothing interesting about robots in scifi when they look, talk, and act exactly like regular humans.

They're very cool and relatable to me, a fake human

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Endorph posted:

kojima's head gets up his rear end sometimes but he's actually been prescient and on point a lot of times

cage made press x to sadness and molests women

I'd make a point that Kojima never made a game with bad gameplay, although I haven't played MGS4.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I'd make a point that Kojima never made a game with bad gameplay, although I haven't played MGS4.

MGS4 has good gameplay, there's just a ton of cutscenes in between

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Viewtiful Jew posted:

She was a vlogger so obviously this president thought she could still be an "Influencer" while in office.

"This national address is sponsored by Audible and the Dollar Shave Club."

Everyone go a buy Ivanka's clothing at Nordstrom Rack!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I didn’t follow TotalBiscuit at all but RIP. 33 is way too young.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Samuringa posted:

His gameplay has always been good, its just the ratio of gameplay to cutscene is skewed sometimes.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
RIP Totalbiscuit. 33 is indeed far too soon.

You were a thoroughly awful online personality but you were still a human being.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Jay Rust posted:

I think Cage is the Kojima of the west

No, it's Patrice Désilets. He spearheaded a popular stealth action series before getting screwed over by his publisher.

Raxivace posted:

I didn’t follow TotalBiscuit at all but RIP. 33 is way too young.

A lot of developers and streamers are mourning his death: https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyInterestingButterBudStar

His videos and podcasts helped many developers, big and small, gain much needed attention. He also influenced many popular streamers to start Youtube videos/streaming as a hobby before going professional.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheXenonn/status/999788053521575937

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Not actually irony!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sunning posted:

His videos and podcasts helped many developers, big and small, gain much needed attention. He also influenced many popular streamers to start Youtube videos/streaming as a hobby before going professional.

I'm sure he had his good points too

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress that sucks to wish cancer on someone and die and then literally have that happen to you

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Voyager I posted:

RIP Totalbiscuit. 33 is indeed far too soon.

You were a thoroughly awful online personality but you were still a human being.

Weird thing is, when I played Planetside 2 with him he was pretty chill. Regardless, his family is in an awful situation.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

exquisite tea posted:

Not actually irony!

Remember the golden rule of irony
Irony isn't when you tell someone to get cancer and you die of cancer!
Irony is when you tell someone to get cancer and you die from a falling iron.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

Weird thing is, when I played Planetside 2 with him he was pretty chill. Regardless, his family is in an awful situation.

Whys that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dark lols

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's just a chill game i guess

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Doorknob Slobber posted:

gently caress that sucks to wish cancer on someone and die and then literally have that happen to you

He was mass blocking people when he announced he got cancer because everyone had that pic ready to just tweet it back at him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TB said plenty of dumb poo poo but pulling up a dumb thing he said from nearly a decade ago is even more stupid

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He mostly wanted to be chill and relaxed during PS2 as opposed to being how he is on Twitter/Twitch with his "condescending" attitude or whatever you want to call it.

Just a different behavior than you'd expect.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That's why I plan to die in a spectular and unpredictable fashion so that I can never be held accountable for the comparatively mundane forms of death I wish upon other people over the internet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

it's just a chill game i guess

Ya Got me again oddium!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Real hurthling! posted:

Ya Got me again oddium!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

He mostly wanted to be chill and relaxed during PS2 as opposed to being how he is on Twitter/Twitch with his "condescending" attitude or whatever you want to call it.

Just a different behavior than you'd expect.

No i mean why is his family hosed? Or do you just mean cause hes gone?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

exquisite tea posted:

That's why I plan to die in a spectular and unpredictable fashion so that I can never be held accountable for the comparatively mundane forms of death I wish upon other people over the internet.

this is why i only wish death upon people in novel and exciting ways, so if i ever end up stuck on a wooden stake to die by gravity vlad the impaler style, people will say "ironic... but still a metal af way to go"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
god i just want to become a cool/cute ghost when i die

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

No i mean why is his family hosed? Or do you just mean cause hes gone?

Well first yeah. His wife and stepson lost someone they cared about. Second #USHealthcare and its shittiness and all the aftermath of all those medical bills.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Snooze Cruise posted:

god i just want to become a cool/cute ghost when i die

All Ghosts Are Ugly

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Relax Or DIE posted:

All Ghosts Are Ugly

no they are bootiful

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Well first yeah. His wife and stepson lost someone they cared about. Second #USHealthcare and its shittiness and all the aftermath of all those medical bills.

Death is also expensive. My grandpa's life insurance didn't even fully pay for his funeral.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Snooze Cruise posted:

no they are bootiful

can't ever get enough of that booty

Nasgate posted:

Death is also expensive. My grandpa's life insurance didn't even fully pay for his funeral.

yeah funeral services, caskets, burials, etc etc are very expensive. if you have a calming demeanor and don't mind making money off of people's grief it's a great racket! that's why you just tell your fam to cremate you on the cheap and then use your ashes to grow weed

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 25, 2018

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Relax Or DIE posted:

All Ghosts Are Ugly

tell that to Patrick Swayze

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The White Dragon posted:

can't ever get enough of that booty

yeah funeral services, caskets, burials, etc etc are very expensive. if you don't mind making money off of people's grief it's a great racket! that's why you just tell your fam to cremate you on the cheap and then use your ashes to grow weed

Cremation costs too tho it was in the big lebowski

Tell the fam to deny its you so you get buried in potters field with the john doe corpses

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Unfunny Poster posted:

He was US based?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wamdoodle posted:

He was US based?

A lot of uk videogame people live in the american south for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wamdoodle posted:

He was US based?

Yeah. He moved to the US to be with his wife. He had a whole tirade about the stupidity of the process back when it happened.

• Locked thread