Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ok, thanks. drat it's tough putting together a good big mod list. Out of date OPs and mod lists everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The best way to play is to get some mods, start a playthrough, then go get more mods, restart, etc...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

No it's to keep installing mods to an increasingly unstable single save so that eventually all your dialogue choices break, you can't fast travel to certain areas without ctds and Balmora has three of every object including and especially the ones that shouldn't be there because you uninstalled their mod

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
If every third object in the world isn't a big exclamation mark install 2 more mods and in exchange uninstall another.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
They should have had it so that dark brotherhood armor is recognized by guards and they get extremely riled up if you're wearing it.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

On a Mac so OpenMW is really the only option but never had it crash on me. That said I am playing fairly vanilla with no major mods.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

They should have had it so that dark brotherhood armor is recognized by guards and they get extremely riled up if you're wearing it.

They should have had a questline where you could become a guard in Vivec and thus be allowed to wear Indoril gear without the other guards freaking out.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I believe you mean Fashion Scrolls, yes? :colbert:

I refuse to let this be overlooked.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Someone just made a mod for Ordiantors and their armor wearing: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45685

What do you think of Vibrant Morrowind: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43631

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Idk if it's just the screenshots or the mod but a lot of those textures look overly sharpened. Plus they're very clean looking and I like a grimy Morrowind, personally

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I don't mind the Balmora stuff but the rest really isn't my cup of tea.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Yeah I would agree, those textures aren't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but they do come off as overly-sharpened. I feel like they're too crisp from too far way...although is that the texture pack's fault or something like the anisotropic settings/other filters?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I think it's also that they're cluttered and noisy. Your eye shouldn't really be being drawn to every wall you pass. Sometimes things are actually smooth and featureless for a reason.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I have been modding morrowind for 2 days and haven't played

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Average Bear posted:

I have been modding morrowind for 2 days and haven't played

Well like they say: Modding is the game.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I believe you mean Fashion Scrolls, yes? :colbert:
Yes, of course. I'm sure that's what I said. Right?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

For convenience, you should also get a mod that makes it count as a Legion uniform.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Those textures look like everything was etched by acid and then thoroughly cleaned. Sort of a pitted but not patinated look like someone ruined historical artifacts by scrubbing with steel wool.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm looking for just one more mod. I remember playing it as a kid, anyone have something called Jvk1166z.esp?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

watch the sky

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I wish I had remembered OpenMW runs on Mac, while I was sick in bed. I have an ‘06 MacBook (just recently declared obsolete by Apple, and therefore vastly superior) and would love to see if I can get a four year old game working on it.

I may just give it an install on my tower tonight, to see if I have enough free time and attention to actually finish a playthrough. Is a thief run on Morrowind any good?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I wish I had remembered OpenMW runs on Mac, while I was sick in bed. I have an ‘06 MacBook (just recently declared obsolete by Apple, and therefore vastly superior) and would love to see if I can get a four year old game working on it.

I may just give it an install on my tower tonight, to see if I have enough free time and attention to actually finish a playthrough. Is a thief run on Morrowind any good?

Let's be real. All Morrowind runs turn into thief runs at some point.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Glagha posted:

Let's be real. All Morrowind runs turn into thief runs at some point.

thief runs without any functional stealth mechanics

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
The endgame of all Morrowind runs is enchanting something with constant effect invisibility because, even though the effect breaks when you activate something, it's still better than fighting your 10,000th Cliff Racer. Or huge pack of wolves on Solstheim.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

In this moment I am euphoric, not because of any false Tribunal's blessing, but because i took six hits of skooma.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Shibawanko posted:

In this moment I am euphoric, not because of any false Tribunal's blessing, but because i took six hits of skooma.

*entire species friendzones him so hard they phase out of existence."

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Whorelord posted:

*entire species friendzones him so hard they phase out of existence."

this is now canon.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Sky Shadowing posted:

The endgame of all Morrowind runs is enchanting something with constant effect invisibility because, even though the effect breaks when you activate something, it's still better than fighting your 10,000th Cliff Racer. Or huge pack of wolves on Solstheim.

:same:

The enemy density seems really high on Solstheim especially. I invisibly zip across the island and think holy poo poo look at all these rieklings, spriggans, and fryse hags I would've had to fight otherwise.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

If you ain't stealin' you ain't winnin'.

Y'know after coming back to this game after Skyrim I'm kind of amused by how this game retroactively solved the Enchanting problem of making super overpowered gear easily. Make it so it's practically impossible to enchant anything very useful yourself, and exorbitantly expensive to pay someone else to do it. (I mean not that it matters because you can just break the game over your knee and buy always-on whatever enchantments anyway but whatever.)

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Sky Shadowing posted:

The obvious solution is to enchant with 100% chameleon instead.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Woebin posted:

The obvious solution is to enchant with 100% chameleon instead.

That's not only vastly more expensive, but also requires multiple pieces of equipment since nothing has a high enough enchantment potential for 100% chameleon on a single item.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The endgame of Morrowind is being a strength and acrobatics god vampire werewolf and merely leaping from one continent to the next

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

idk how anyone plays a tes game without acrobatics or levitation

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

One of the magic items in the cave of the failed incarnates is called "soiled pants" and by god i clutched those pants close the whole run cause they let me levitate out of danger at a glacial pace

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
One of the first mods I made was a glass longsword called Crouching Tiger that have Fortify Acrobatics 1000. I had more fun jumping across rooftops than at any point in the entirety of skyrim or oblivion.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Fuligin posted:

One of the magic items in the cave of the failed incarnates is called "soiled pants" and by god i clutched those pants close the whole run cause they let me levitate out of danger at a glacial pace

I thought you got those from caius when he got sent back to the main land for being a skooma addict

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Fuligin posted:

what no no, they're travel-stained, which is much better than floating around in ancient poopy pants

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The actual endgame is wearing a gondolier's hat and simple black robe with a staff as your weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Fuligin posted:

I get real excited whenever I find a Steel Blade of Heaven, those things have a decently fast levitation enchantment.