Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The entire last page is ridiculous :lol:

Shadow225 posted:

I am hopefully trying VR for the first time tomorrow. What kind of cool VR stuff is in the pipeline?

Coolest looking incoming stuff to me is ZOE 2, Astro bot rescue Mission, and Firewall Zero Hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Give me a Shenmue VR and I'll never ask for anything videogame-related again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Aardark posted:

Give me a Shenmue VR and I'll never ask for anything videogame-related again.

Yes please :stwoon:.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That is a funny way to spell Yakuza VR

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Infinitum posted:

That is a funny way to spell Yakuza VR

this with a maximum dose of creepy awkward Japanese horny please

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Kilometers Davis posted:

this with a maximum dose of creepy awkward Japanese horny please

Dat bug game tho

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bombadilillo posted:

Dat bug game tho

Oh man, THAT one? The mosquito one? :lol: yes I would buy that in vr asap

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Oh man, THAT one? The mosquito one? :lol: yes I would buy that in vr asap

Also sexymajima.mov from 1st person?!? :swoon:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Yakuza VR would be like a very, very extreme version of Boxing on the Wii

beep by grandpa posted:

I just got to the real estate stuff and o man I feel way in over my head I think I prob should stick to beating juveniles over the head with bikes in the street instead...this is too much to take in

It's essentially an Idle Game. You buy properties, set a Manager with okay-ish number and wait until it's time to collect. You go back to the Office, collect the money and upgrade whatever you have bought. Repeat.

All your staff is composed of people you meet on sidequests so try to roam around doing as many as you can. I remember the Punk Rock Guy and the Future Reading Woman being exceptionally good.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bombadilillo posted:

Also sexymajima.mov from 1st person?!? :swoon:

I don’t know what that is but if it implies vr bottoming for majima then uhhhh whatever I’m in

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don’t know what that is but if it implies vr bottoming for majima then uhhhh whatever I’m in

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

I was thinking his stripper dance down the runway.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yakuza is a game I'd want in VR just in the sense that it gains a 3D wraparound view, not that it becomes 1st person. It would feel very odd to have Kiryu or Majima's voice coming out of my head.

edit: this was a problem with Doom VFR. Your player character is always talking to himself to remind himself of objectives, except all that does is make you feel like you're inside someone else's body, much more so than a 1st person game on a TV. Why couldn't they have kept it like normal Doom?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

beep by grandpa posted:

Any tips for staffing that all kinda confused me or does it not really matter that much.

I want to make tons and tons and tons of fuckin money.

One thing they don't explain very well is the symbols. X is bad as you may have guessed but triangle is mediocre, then circle is good and double circle is great

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Are there good PSVR games that involve walking? I kinda assumed that because it doesn’t track your position in a room that it would be more inclined towards games where you’re in a cockpit or rail shooters or otherwise sitting down

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Steve Yun posted:

Are there good PSVR games that involve walking? I kinda assumed that because it doesn’t track your position in a room that it would be more inclined towards games where you’re in a cockpit or rail shooters or otherwise sitting down
Skyrim involves walking obviously and it feels fine playing with a DS4 while sitting down.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Samurai Sanders posted:

Skyrim involves walking obviously and it feels fine playing with a DS4 while sitting down.

Doesn't Skyrim have that weird anti-nausea thing where instead of walking you have to point at the ground and teleport. That seemed really jarring and immersion breaking (and unwieldy) in all the videos I watched and made VR Skyrim a major turnoff for me.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bombadilillo posted:

I was thinking his stripper dance down the runway.

Amazing

DrNutt posted:

Doesn't Skyrim have that weird anti-nausea thing where instead of walking you have to point at the ground and teleport. That seemed really jarring and immersion breaking (and unwieldy) in all the videos I watched and made VR Skyrim a major turnoff for me.

Nah you can play just like normal Skyrim

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

As an option yeah, but for me, and I think most people, normal movement is fine, as long as turning (using the joystick I mean) is set to jump 30 degrees each way rather than smoothly. I found out quickly that that, and just that, would trigger almost immediate nausea from me.

I think we're just emerging from the time where they have to be extremely conservative about people's reactions to VR and they can present those kinds of control schemes as a backup, rather than the default.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 25, 2018

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

RE7

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kilometers Davis posted:

Amazing

Nah you can play just like normal Skyrim

Samurai Sanders posted:

As an option yeah, but for me, and I think most people, normal movement is fine, as long as turning (using the joystick I mean) is set to jump 30 degrees each way rather than smoothly. I found out quickly that that, and just that, would trigger almost immediate nausea from me.

I think we're just emerging from the time where they have to be extremely conservative about people's reactions to VR and they can present those kinds of control schemes as a backup, rather than the default.

Oh poo poo that owns. I don't get motion sickness and all the stuff I saw presented it like that was just how you played Skyrim VR, so it was really unappealling. Well still can't afford VR but good to know.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does Sony usually do anything special in regards to PS+ when E3 rolls around?

Announce should be soon.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

Oh poo poo that owns. I don't get motion sickness and all the stuff I saw presented it like that was just how you played Skyrim VR, so it was really unappealling. Well still can't afford VR but good to know.
Doom VFR was presented the same way initially, I thought teleporting was the only way to move, but I bought it on sale and saw that it had normal movement too. That game was built around gimped movement though so if you can play it like normal Doom it becomes absurdly easy.

edit: it's absurdly easy to aim in VR FPSs because the crosshair follows your head position, unless you're using the aim controller or something.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 25, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoIrUEdPWyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2lgnGDkos0

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Hot take: I will buy Detroit on sale, and probably enjoy it... And I plan on doing the same for Yakuza 0 and 6

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

a primate posted:

Hot take: I will buy Detroit on sale, and probably enjoy it... And I plan on doing the same for Yakuza 0 and 6

Good. But your order of operations is all wrong. 0 on sale now. Get it and enjoy. Detroit will be cheap by the time you are done.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

But seriously, kingdom heart. Should I play straight down the list?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what? are you asking what order to play the series in? if so, play in release order. I don't know all of the games' release dates, but it's something like 1, chain of memories, 2, days, birth by sleep, dream drop distance, that 2.8 prologue thing

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I honestly have no idea how it is on the Ps4, but I think 1.5 and then 2.5 should cover it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you need 2.8 too. that's the ddd remaster and the prologue thing

1.5 and 2.5 can be bought bundled together tho. wait for a sale

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Where the hell is my Mass Effect Trilogy remaster??

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

el oso posted:

Where the hell is my Mass Effect Trilogy remaster??

I asked the same thing in a different thread and it's probably not happening as Mass Effect is now [REDACTED] inside EA and Bioware was shattered and scattered to the four winds.

Shame because I'd definitely buy a bundle with all three games and all DLC.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Watching the GB QL for Become Human
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjT58HrXTcM

oof it does not sound like it handles the social implication topics real well. A lot of Androids=Slaves=Blacks=Blacks-sit-at-the-back-of-the-bus allegories which are about as subtle as a brick to the face.
They have lots of nice things to say about how well the game looks and the production values though, and the first 15min of the video should tell you all you need to know on whether you'll enjoy it or not.

For me it looks like a deep discount sort of game, but probably campy sci-fi enough to enjoy down the road.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The game looks like exactly what I expected. Can't wait to play it in the morning and laugh my rear end off.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Samuringa posted:

I asked the same thing in a different thread and it's probably not happening as Mass Effect is now [REDACTED] inside EA and Bioware was shattered and scattered to the four winds.

Shame, would sell better then andromeda for a lazy, make it run port.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Housh posted:

The game looks like exactly what I expected. Can't wait to play it in the morning and laugh my rear end off.

Yeah if def looks like a Press X To Shawn situation where it'd be a blast to just get piss drunk and have a blast going the evil route on everything.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

1’s gameplay is really dated, I’ve played every part of 2 twice through and 3 is 3 so I don’t really want that.

Where’s the PS4 port of Demon’s Souls though? Why does that game get the shaft?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sony owns the ip to that so they'd need to work with from and namco to get it done. maybe they don't want to or something's stalling the deal?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

beep by grandpa posted:

I've edited my post so no more minds can be hurt by the Unforgettable Truths. But go see the movie anyway if I spoiled it for you accidentally it's super good.

How the gently caress am I supposed to know what movie to go see god damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Samurai Sanders posted:

1’s gameplay is really dated, I’ve played every part of 2 twice through and 3 is 3 so I don’t really want that.

Where’s the PS4 port of Demon’s Souls though? Why does that game get the shaft?

Wasn't it mentioned some time ago that Bluepoint have a big project in the pipe line that wasn't revealed yet? That could be it and goddamn I hope it is.