Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Shiva is NOT FUN. There are cheese strats for her, though. Illusionist Nichol comes in real handy here.

Stacked Magic Tank (get to over 200%, closer to 250 the better)
Full Dodge Unit with Provoke (Zarg is an exceptionally good choice here, counters heavily and has Bastion to shore up your ice resist on tank, Moogle Plushie/Golem is fine combo to get your 100% provoke)
Illusionist Nichol (geared for LB / SPR)
two damage dealers

First Round:
Magic Tank does NOT cover
Nichol uses Redirect on dodger

Second Round:
Nichol uses Disenchant on dodger
Dodger uses Provoke
Magic Tank uses cover

Third round:
Nichol uses LB

All rounds after:
keep refreshing Provoke, Magic Cover, and Nichol LB as necessary. You won't take any damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.
There’s an easier way to do it. Have a 100% evade phys cover tank, someone with barblizzaga (Minfilia/Marie work great here), someone with Bushido:Freedom, and everyone with 30% ice resist. Just take it slow and dispel the imperils at the 80/60/40% thresholds.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Quality Control posted:

There’s an easier way to do it. Have a 100% evade phys cover tank, someone with barblizzaga (Minfilia/Marie work great here), someone with Bushido:Freedom, and everyone with 30% ice resist. Just take it slow and dispel the imperils at the 80/60/40% thresholds.

Yeah but I hate dispelling myself, it's so messy.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I also used i.Nichol but did it a bit differently.

My team was DV, TG Cid, Ayaka, i.Nichol and Noctis.

Noctis was 100% evade, everyone was <50% ice resist.

DV and Landu chained, crossed the three thesholds on turns 3/6/9 and used i.Nichol's cover ability on Noctis for the 1st and 12th. Ayaka was just there as an MP battery and to Bushido Freedom(because I forgot how to do the dispelga thing) on the threshold turns. I never used iNichol's LB though I probably could have, I was just paranoid after wiping a few times so I just Barblizzara'd every turn. Noctis Fished every turn except one Threshold turn when I had him summon Ifrit.

Wiped 4 times previously, but 2 of them were me a) only giving Noctis 95% dodge, and b) forgetting to Fish on turn 11 and random attacks killed everyone except Ayaka and Noctis (ipad almost went flying across the room on this one).

All missions down, onto Ramuh.

edit: Ramuh was a million times easier. Traded out i.Nichol for Chow with 215% Lightning resist from gear, alternated AOE Mag Cover and BarThundara, never took a point of damage, Noctis Fished again and dodged all the regular attacks, Ayaka MP refreshed/dispelled/buffed, and DV+TG Cid got to make use of both my Brotherhood TMRs.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 24, 2018

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

PaybackJack posted:

Ayaka was just there as an MP battery and to Bushido Freedom(because I forgot how to do the dispelga thing)

Dualcast something like Curaja with Dispelga, while the first animation runs press onto one member of your team to get the little status popup, it will have a "Target" button in the upper right. Click that to get Ayaka or whomever to cast Dispelga onto your party.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ok my Shiva immune Basch is up as my friend, take him and go win.

100% dodge and 70% Ice.
You’re responsible for buffing him over 100%.

Strategy is mostly straight forward. Bring 2-3 DPS and a elemental buff support. Marie works great, but Minfilia works good too. Drop a third DPS for a mana battery if you need. You need to be able to AOE remove Shiva’s ice imperil or its a wipe. This means either Eiko, bushido freedom, or Fina/Ayaka with the dispelga trick.

YOU MUST EQUIP EVERYONE WITH A MINIMUM OF ICE RESISTANCE GEAR SO THAT YOUR ICE BUFFER GETS EVERYBODY ABOVE 100%! Give someone Ifrit who has the most ice resistance as it takes away 50% and this person still needs to get to 100% after buffs.

Do all that and the fight is easy.
Basch will do nothing but make drat sure his physical AOE cover is up and on other turns he can break defense.

Always bushido/dispelga the diamond dust and then buff ice and AOE physical cover and she can’t do poo poo.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
It’s actually spirit you break on her. So if you have Emperor or Dragonlord you can go to town with big nukes. Victoria is also nice with the Firaja option. Spr and Atk, but obviously the atk break is irrelevant with an AoE physical evade tank.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

If anyone wants to put up a high-class Barbariccia with Beast Killer+, want to chain Chimera down with a Shantotto

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
If anyone's in need of a magic tank, please enjoy my silly Chow with far too much resistance overall. I haven't actually tried the fights yet but from what a friend tells me it should be totally good to go for Ramuh, and I can kit stuff up for Shiva tomorrow morning if need be.

I may have pulled three Krylas back during that banner. It seemed like a good idea at the time to farm them all up. Chow's LB is maxed but even with the TMRs it might take a bit to actually get.

880 257 538

edit: He's uh, good for other stuff too. Definitely can deal with stuff like 2* phoenix fairly easily. Probably Wicked Moon? I don't actually remember the setup I used for that.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 25, 2018

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I'm fairly sure a unit with 100% evasion, 100% ice resist, and equipped with some sort of self-dispel such as Odin's fingersnap can solo 3* Shiva, as long as you dispel yourself on the turn after each threshold imperil.

My go-to unit was T.Terra, but I ran with a safety-net team of Basch, Ayaka, an evasion Noctis on Shiva for 100% ice resist, and a hiding Xon to summon Ifrit. Without Basch or Noctis breaking SPR, I think the fastest solo unit I can make is Nyx (since I don't have a Tidus).

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Well isn't this nice, I could have just saved my lapis (and tickets) and waited until now to draw on the Cloud step-up banner, and have a guaranteed Cloud instead of no Cloud and 2 Elfreeda and a bunch of other rainbows I never use.

gently caress Gumi.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
"Can only attack Normally when targeting ally."

What the gently caress is this garbage? Im trying to dispel this Fire buff on my attacker but its coming up with this poo poo. It didnt do this before.
It can make me attack my own group with an AOE but not a loving dispel?

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 25, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Various bugs fixed.

Although, it did still dispel my party.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 25, 2018

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

Shoenin posted:

"Can only attack Normally when targeting ally."

What the gently caress is this garbage? Im trying to dispel this Fire buff on my attacker but its coming up with this poo poo. It didnt do this before.
It can make me attack my own group with an AOE but not a loving dispel?

I think it's always been that you had to dualcast and re-target before the second cast in order to use Dispel or Dispelga on your own party.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Its not letting me cast it normally. Not doublecast, it straight up wouldn't allow me to even cast the spell.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Alakaiser posted:

If anyone's in need of a magic tank, please enjoy my silly Chow with far too much resistance overall. I haven't actually tried the fights yet but from what a friend tells me it should be totally good to go for Ramuh, and I can kit stuff up for Shiva tomorrow morning if need be.

I may have pulled three Krylas back during that banner. It seemed like a good idea at the time to farm them all up. Chow's LB is maxed but even with the TMRs it might take a bit to actually get.

880 257 538

edit: He's uh, good for other stuff too. Definitely can deal with stuff like 2* phoenix fairly easily. Probably Wicked Moon? I don't actually remember the setup I used for that.

Thanks, I was able to beat the 5-man mission with your Chow instead of mine. I was able to bench Marie and take a second chainer if my own.

Looking forward to Ice Mode Chow later this weekend, am also working on the Moon sometime this weekend, but I may be able to do it on my own with Khisanth Magus' advice.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
The Raid Dracotaur used Predation to instant-KO my Basch while I was stalling to build LB and esper gauges. Just a heads up, mostly for anyone doing those missions before settling on a OTKO strategy.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

PDQ Law posted:

The Raid Dracotaur used Predation to instant-KO my Basch while I was stalling to build LB and esper gauges. Just a heads up, mostly for anyone doing those missions before settling on a OTKO strategy.

Same thing happened to me, he also hits awfully hard for being an ELT boss. Thankfully he's not especially tough in terms of being able to skill in a single round.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Those bundles are really good value if you feel like dropping money on either. The Lapis alone in both of them is more per dollar than getting the $100 standard bundle. Obviously, in the case of the $75 one, because it’s just straight up 2,000 more lapis for 25 bucks less.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 25, 2018

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Switched a couple things around - my Chow is now 230% for ice and 180% for lightning, so he'll probably need a buff for the latter if I understand correctly. Everything else is 100% or higher, and he still has a ribbon.

edit: Just tried Ramuh. If you're carrying Barthundara (which carbuncle provides) Chow's golden against any of his attacks.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 25, 2018

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Alakaiser posted:

Switched a couple things around - my Chow is now 230% for ice and 180% for lightning, so he'll probably need a buff for the latter if I understand correctly. Everything else is 100% or higher, and he still has a ribbon.

edit: Just tried Ramuh. If you're carrying Barthundara (which carbuncle provides) Chow's golden against any of his attacks.

If you don't want to run any form of dispel 220% Lightning Resist is the breakpoint for Ramuh that one needs to hit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Today's deals are pretty drat good and both of them have similar value so you can spend 25 or 75 bucks and still get a good deal unlike the Seph bundles.

The raid units are really no good with some situational tms but raid rewards have an excalibur which will be very useful for newer players.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Victis posted:

If anyone wants to put up a high-class Barbariccia with Beast Killer+, want to chain Chimera down with a Shantotto

I put one up if you still need it, we're already friends.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Wasn’t there some notice on the current events that you could get Elfreeda and Cloud trust moogles from doing.... something? I swear to god I saw a notice about it in the game sometime yesterday afternoon but I just scanned through all the announcements and don’t see anything mentioning it. Did I imagine that or something?

Hope not, I’ve already got 4 elfreedas from various pulls before now and I really want to get TMRs from all of them so I can supercharge my Sephiroth.

Edit: Also, is the information floating around the web about Ramuh 3* attacks accurate? Last night before I went to bed I stacked up a unit with 220 lightning resistance and started battling Ramuh, since everything I saw suggested he could only do lightning attacks, lightning debuffs and mp damage, but woke up to a game over screen. According to what I read on the wiki my Wilhelm should have been functionally immune to his attacks.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 25, 2018

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

Infected posted:

If you don't want to run any form of dispel 220% Lightning Resist is the breakpoint for Ramuh that one needs to hit.

Yeah, that's what I had it at before, but I can't get that high enough and get ice resist high enough (technically I'm still 10% short I think) and it sounds like Shiva is the tougher fight. I wouldn't know because apparently my shiva is only level 39 (sigh) so it'll be a little bit before I've done enough of the raid to max her out.

That's why I mention carbuncle - as long as you have the bar spells you can get from that you're golden for either one. And I would hope anyone taking on a 3* esper already has the rest of the espers...

edit: Chow's at 250% ice resist now. And I downed Shiva. That fight is no joke.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 25, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Wasn’t there some notice on the current events that you could get Elfreeda and Cloud trust moogles from doing.... something? I swear to god I saw a notice about it in the game sometime yesterday afternoon but I just scanned through all the announcements and don’t see anything mentioning it. Did I imagine that or something?

Hope not, I’ve already got 4 elfreedas from various pulls before now and I really want to get TMRs from all of them so I can supercharge my Sephiroth.

Edit: Also, is the information floating around the web about Ramuh 3* attacks accurate? Last night before I went to bed I stacked up a unit with 220 lightning resistance and started battling Ramuh, since everything I saw suggested he could only do lightning attacks, lightning debuffs and mp damage, but woke up to a game over screen. According to what I read on the wiki my Wilhelm should have been functionally immune to his attacks.

Elfreeda and Cloud moogles are in the raid summon.

Regarding Ramuh, he still has normal attacks which are probably what killed your Wilhelm.

In other news, I decided that at least 3 steps on the banner is worth it, and got CG Lid #2 on the second step. With these great banners, I might just drop the additional Lapis for a shot at Elfreeda #2, her TMR is that good for TDH and the difference between having that second glove is pretty big. Cloud 7* isn't great but a 2nd Buster Style isn't the worst thing in the world, even if it's going to be a KM reward later on; god knows I've got lots of characters that could use it.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 25, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Did one lap and got two elfreeda. I now have 3 elf’s and four clouds. :toot:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

Elfreeda and Cloud moogles are in the raid summon.

Regarding Ramuh, he still has normal attacks which are probably what killed your Wilhelm.

In other news, I decided that at least 3 steps on the banner is worth it, and got CG Lid #2 on the second step. With these great banners, I might just drop the additional Lapis for a shot at Elfreeda #2, her TMR is that good for TDH and the difference between having that second glove is pretty big. Cloud 7* isn't great but a 2nd Buster Style isn't the worst thing in the world, even if it's going to be a KM reward later on; god knows I've got lots of characters that could use it.

Ah dammit. I should have guessed he would’ve just had plain old regular attacks, even if the wiki didn’t mention it. Now I’ve gotta figure out some dodge build/lightning resist character. Might have to finally grind out Bran’s TMR.

Also, on Elfreeda and Doublehand in general, I literally just yesterday realized that when it says “boosts equipment attack” it means all your equipment, not just the equipped weapon. Lemme tell you that was a trip as my mind started contemplating all the possibilities. And it’s what made me instantly want to start grinding out additional Elfreeda tmrs cuz even equipping one of those is adding 60 attack before accounting for anything else.

With a little bit of grinding I’m gonna try and get a sephiroth with about 1400 atk at least!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Ah dammit. I should have guessed he would’ve just had plain old regular attacks, even if the wiki didn’t mention it. Now I’ve gotta figure out some dodge build/lightning resist character. Might have to finally grind out Bran’s TMR.

I could throw up a Chow with 215% Lightning Resist and Barthundara if you like. Keep Wilhelm on dodge provoke duty and just let The Woof shield you from AOEs.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

KDdidit posted:

I put one up if you still need it, we're already friends.

Thanks! That and a 800 MAG Shantotto straight annihilated it

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Well, I got sucked into a full lap on the Cloud step up. Now have PG Lasswell, Ace #3, Ramza #2, Orlandeau and Cloud. Already had two Elfreedas so it worked out pretty well.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Can anyone answer why my arena streak keeps resetting? Is it just an issue with the servers or something?

I was running a 48-streak, now it’s 4.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

LadyPictureShow posted:

Can anyone answer why my arena streak keeps resetting? Is it just an issue with the servers or something?

I was running a 48-streak, now it’s 4.

Arena and it’s scores reset on Friday.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, if you want to go for the 100 win streak trophy you have to do it in a single week.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Raid rewards have an excalibur 0_o?
drat thats some good rewards

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shoenin posted:

Raid rewards have an excalibur 0_o?
drat thats some good rewards

It's certainly helping me out with TMR collection.

That White Bandana craftable looks pretty good, too. Like a Brave Suit but a hat.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

werdnam posted:

Well, I got sucked into a full lap on the Cloud step up. Now have PG Lasswell, Ace #3, Ramza #2, Orlandeau and Cloud. Already had two Elfreedas so it worked out pretty well.

I got suckered into a full lap on the Cloud step up. I got Elfreedas #2 and #3, and a Merc Ramza.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A full lap got me 2 rainbows, Cloud #1 and Efreeta #1. That kinda sucks, but not the worst. Rando ticket had Lunera #1 at least. Beats a Dark Fina or DKC #6

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I took a lap and got the following.

Basch 2
Aranea
Yuna
Elfreeda 2

Pretty happy with the results. I’d love a Willy, but for 7* tanks have Basch and Merc Ramza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Dunked on 3* Shiva :toot: Trick was to bring Bedile!

Ulrica was 100% dodge, 30% ice resist, and Odin. Counter spam did 99% of the damage in the fight. Minfilia was 100% ice resist with Mirage Vest, Ankh of the Goddess, Great Raven Cape, and >=22 MP per turn regen and responsible for keeping Ulrica ice resist up. Bedile held onto Ifrit and Concealing Cloth and hid until the summon gauge was full, summoned Ifrit, then took a dirt nap.

Turn 1 is the double Shooting Hail and Osmose. No ice damage so Minfilia would use Mirage so she'd dodge the attack. Ulrica has 100% dodge and does w/e. Bedile hides forever. Osmose didn't drain either's MP but I brought Ethers so Ulrica could refill Minfilia's MP just in case.

Turn 2 Minfilia uses her +70% ice resist so Ulrica wouldn't eat blizzajas. Since Minfilia has the Great Raven Cape on Ulrica ate 99.9% of the regular attacks without an issue. Turn 3 is the next Shooting Hail so Minfilia uses Mirage again. Minfilia's rotation was simple: If it wasn't Diamond Dust time but Shooting Hail time use Mirage. Otherwise use her Frozen Guard every turn to make sure it wouldn't fall off during the threshold.

Once Shiva hit the threshold to use Diamond Dust Minfilia would use the Reraise ability. She wouldn't die via DD but the goal was for her to die on the following turn. Ulrica would Fingersnap herself to remove the Ice Imperil and Minfilia would refresh Frozen Guard. Shiva attacks and kills Minfilia due to her Ice Imperil and reraise during Blizzaja and regular attacks. Blizzaja bounces off due to 100% ice resist and Ulrica takes the regular attacks. Resume rotation.

Once all three thresholds were passed Ulrica used her LB and got her huge ATK buff and wrecked Shiva. Minfilia shifted to Mirage/Mirage/Frozen Guard at that point. Why Mirage when Shooting Hail wasn't going to be used? Because even with the Great Raven Cape Minfilia ate two regular attacks in my battle. One popped her for 11k damage but due to Frozen Guard spamming I got her back up before Frozen Guard had to be refreshed. She dodges the other due to Mirage stacks.

Took two tries, first one I had Minfilia at 30% ice resist with Ifrit but things relied on turns falling in the right order to work out so I added Bedile and that fixed everything. I did have >100% ice reist with a "what harm could it do?" until Minfilia survived the follow up DD turn and her Reraise fell off. Thankfully I again had enough time to raise her and get Frozen Guard refreshed before it became an issue.

tl;dr Brave Exvius has Pokemon Gen 1 misses but in target chance form :confuoot:

• Locked thread