Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Please get it somebody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

AnEdgelord posted:

It feels like it should be white blue because it has a similar ability to Meddling Mage, just with card types instead of one card.

Whether Meddling Mage should be blue at all is another discussion.

it can be either

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jabor posted:

Now that we have dual lands that only come into play untapped when you have multiple opponents, they should take the next step and print dual lands that only come into play untapped when you have exactly one opponent.

gently caress yeah, bitch, that'd own

Angry Grimace posted:

Reprint Swords in Core Set 2018, then they can reprint Path no problem

:v:

this too, it would also own

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Entropic posted:

Or a Rakdos card called World Meat :black101:

World Meat is a obviously a Gruul card, come on.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Mycosynth Lattice is in Battlebond.

https://twitter.com/loadingreadyrun/status/999785499903512576

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 24, 2018

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!

odiv posted:

World Meat is a obviously a Gruul card, come on.

Only if there are eggs too.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Another $25-30 reprint! It just keeps getting better and better.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I love that this is basically a glorified masters set with a bunch of new hot stuff. Let’s all ensure this happens regularly.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Entropic posted:

Or a Rakdos card called World Meat :black101:

That one is "Meat World"

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

The Shortest Path posted:

I think a lot of these prices are going to crash though, sadly. Still good to get some really cool stuff, my Mycosynth Lattice is damaged so it'd be cool to get a more minty one.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Matsuri posted:

I think a lot of these prices are going to crash though, sadly. Still good to get some really cool stuff, my Mycosynth Lattice is damaged so it'd be cool to get a more minty one.

Yeah, there's no way these durdle-turtle garbage build-arounds (Lattice, Revenant, Dub Season) hold any real value after they get reprints. They aren't even worth playing at anything but the most kitchen tabliest games.

But, on the plus side, we are getting rad poo poo like Seedborn Mana Rock, Trinket Spelltutor, and 5c Warrior Lord, so I'm p stoked about this dumb set.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Imperial Recruiter is $30 on TCGPlayer

Toshimo posted:

Yeah, there's no way these durdle-turtle garbage build-arounds (Lattice, Revenant, Dub Season) hold any real value after they get reprints. They aren't even worth playing at anything but the most kitchen tabliest games.

But, on the plus side, we are getting rad poo poo like Seedborn Mana Rock, Trinket Spelltutor, and 5c Warrior Lord, so I'm p stoked about this dumb set.

So you're saying I should buy Paradox Engine now?

Oh wait, it's already not really in print so it's expensive already.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Matsuri posted:

Good. Prices of random EDH reprints in this set don't need to hold up, because the reason the reprints are a good thing isn't because they add tons of value to the set, it's because people want the cards. It isn't like Masters 25 where they put the (enemy only) Filterlands in and their price predictably crashed and those $10 packs with a lovely draft format suddenly were terrible value. Battlebond is substantially less cost, so even if prices crash down to a few dollars, you can still justify doing a $12 Battlebond draft and picking up a few $3 rares and it's worth your time.

Assuming Battlebond is fun to play with, of course.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Who would be sad that casual card prices are going down?

I'm just glad I never got around to picking up my 2nd seedborn muse last week.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

black potus posted:

Please get it somebody.

I got it

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
You know Archon of Valor's Reach says players can't cast, not opponent can't cast, right?

You & your buddy can't cast spells of the chosen type either.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah but presumably you're intelligent enough to know how to play around that when you play the card.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!

Yeah but presumably you're intelligent enough to know how to play around that when you play the card.

That's a good joke.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Ok I really love the design of this card.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

gonna be annoying to wescoe check every turn

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Lost in arena piloting RDW to the jankiest poo poo: Famished Paladin + Sorcerer's Wand + Squire's Devotion.

I can't even be mad.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Lost in arena piloting RDW to the jankiest poo poo: Famished Paladin + Sorcerer's Wand + Squire's Devotion.

I can't even be mad.

That's a cool way to die.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Owlbear Camus posted:

I can't even be mad.

Hah, I kind of want that list.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Always good to have a player look at my hand with a sorcerous spyglass, see my 3 cycling cards...and name Drake Haven.

I too, have been that bad. Including name Snapcaster Mage for Pithing Needle.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Matsuri posted:

I can't bring myself to be mad about that since it's a $4/pack set.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Lets Pickle posted:

I can't bring myself to be mad about that since it's a $4/pack set.

For some reason I keep forgetting that. Maybe it's because this is a more exciting set than the past 2 masters sets combined.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Set seems dope and fun to play with. Definitely gonna bring my brother to a pre-release. Neither of us had ever done 2HG before the dominaria pre-release and it was a ton of fun. Getting a few rares for casual/commander play will be a nice. It's also nice that the store near him gives prize support of any kind of booster (sup mm17) for your wins and not just whatever set you're playing.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Owlbear Camus posted:

I can't even be mad.
Holy poo poo I love this. You could get this going on turn 4 at the earliest, right? t1 wand, t2 FP, t3 equip wand, t4 SD and shoot forever?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yawgmoth posted:

Holy poo poo I love this. You could get this going on turn 4 at the earliest, right? t1 wand, t2 FP, t3 equip wand, t4 SD and shoot forever?

I tried building it right away since it relies on all commons and uncommons, it's seems really hard to make reliable.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Owlbear Camus posted:

I tried building it right away since it relies on all commons and uncommons, it's seems really hard to make reliable.

This is dumb enough that I might have to try it anyway.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

It doesn't have to be reliable, it just has to ruin 1 in 4 or 5 people's day.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

You can add blue to play the pirate that tutors for equipment, and the vampire Forerunner. Shouldn't be that hard to draw the combo. Blue also allows you to play Negates to protect it

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

full spoiler is up https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/battlebond-2018-05-25

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Nephzinho posted:

It doesn't have to be reliable, it just has to ruin 1 in 4 or 5 people's day.

Oh yeah I'm going to keep jamming it till it goes off.

The best thing is how out of left field it was.

"Okay, Famished Paladin, Legion Lieutenant. This is vampire tribal. Draculas, easy enough just jam in, kill the lifelinkers and lords to win the race. That one drop wand was a really weird choice, maybe he's just bad at magic." Totally blindsided when the aura dropped and he went off.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Oh for those of you who enjoy the "Owlbear gets owned by his eight year old daughter" stories, here's one from last night:

I did a sealed thing splitting a fat pack with her and she came up with an amazing sequence with Sagas. Had a Song of Freyalise out and had its Act III resolve on the same turn before Act II of Phyrexian Scriptures.

I did not win that game.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

:swoon:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Needs to be evergreen

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

GoutPatrol posted:

Always good to have a player look at my hand with a sorcerous spyglass, see my 3 cycling cards...and name Drake Haven.

I too, have been that bad. Including name Snapcaster Mage for Pithing Needle.

This reminded me of LSV's "Genius or Grifter" story about Cheon calling a judge over, asking a question in private, then confidently playing Pithing Needle, naming Birds of Paradise (which his opponent has out). Opponent assumes that that works (it doesn't, and is almost borderline scummy wasting a judge's time) and doesn't try to use the bird for mana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
that is incredibly scummy but also hilarious sooooo