Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I wonder who else besides Sabo is there to cause trouble at Reverie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Oda you hack! Hamburger? Tacos????

Quoting for new page

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Xelkelvos posted:

I wonder who else besides Sabo is there to cause trouble at Reverie.

Stelly said he saw Morley and the crows are probably Karasu.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the reverie hasn't even started yet and it's already amazing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Ryokugyu's gonna be some serious poo poo huh

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah this was a great chapter. I can't believe we're getting an entire arc of the things that happen between each arc.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's cool that the admirals are openly plotting against the nobles. It definitely begs the question of what the nobles could possibly be holding over the world to keep their grip on power, but Luffy's approach of punch 'em all and let God sort it out will clearly be needed.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Lpzie posted:

Oda you hack! Hamburger? Tacos????

Beer The Sixth, King of Russia Russua is pretty drat great too

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Is there a rough idea of what Ryokugyu's name translates to to match the color/animal theme?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Is there a rough idea of what Ryokugyu's name translates to to match the color/animal theme?

according to google it means green bull

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Is Green Bull "Lazier Justice?"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is Green Bull "Lazier Justice?"

He's been fasting for three years, so he's probably for Hungry Justice.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
This is probably pretty obvious, but the green guy who never eats has a plant devil fruit, right?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DizzyBum posted:

He's been fasting for three years, so he's probably for Hungry Justice.

More like hungry for justice, ha ha ha.

I'm sorry.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It feels like Shirahoshi has shrunk and isn't as gigantic as she used to be.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I'd read an entire series of Sengoku and Garp in retirement just making GBS threads on anyone who has the smallest amount of responsibility

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Radish posted:

It feels like Shirahoshi has shrunk and isn't as gigantic as she used to be.

I looked at a bunch of past panels to find out. Honestly it's kinda hard to tell. Shirahoshi and Neptune have always been the same size, but their size in comparison to more normal sized people seems to vary. In some panels they look gigantic, in other panels they look merely big.

It doesn't help that people in One Piece world come in such varied sizes.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's nice that Shirahoshi is a lot more confident in this chapter, given that a few days ago in One Piece time she was still terrified of leaving for Reverie.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Security seems to be a bit dodgy so far.

“What’s this? A World Government Reverie woefully underpopulated by crows? A large influx of crows ought to fix this!”

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 25, 2018

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Kegslayer posted:

I'd read an entire series of Sengoku and Garp in retirement just making GBS threads on anyone who has the smallest amount of responsibility

They really are massive trolls.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
King Tacos with the bastardized Che Guevera quote: "It is better to die standing than to live on your knees."

King Ham Burgers aka Abe Lincoln quote: "I Walk Slowly, But I Never Walk Backward"

Beer Vi is Russian Tsar Nicholas II, the last sovereign of Imperial Russia had four daughters – Anastasia, Olga, Tatiana, Maria

Starney would be Louis the XVI, what with the notes about Marie Antoinette.

Lot of leaders that were executed or assassinated.

Not sure about Mororon.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 25, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I welcome the return of the best character

The One Piece Expositionary Crowd.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

LostRook posted:

King Tacos with the bastardized Che Guevera quote: "It is better to die standing than to live on your knees."

King Ham Burgers aka Abe Lincoln quote: "I Walk Slowly, But I Never Walk Backward"

Beer Vi is Russian Tsar Nicholas II, the last sovereign of Imperial Russia had four daughters – Anastasia, Olga, Tatiana, Maria

Not sure about Mororon.

This owns

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It's cool that the admirals are openly plotting against the nobles. It definitely begs the question of what the nobles could possibly be holding over the world to keep their grip on power, but Luffy's approach of punch 'em all and let God sort it out will clearly be needed.

I think you've misinterpreted the system they're discussing in that short bit is not the World Government and the World Nobles, it's the Warlords of the Sea system. This was a great chapter though.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Ryokugyu sounds interesting. I thought he'd be more like Akainu in world view since Fujitora is pretty much the new Kuzan in terms of having less extreme views on justice than most Marines, while Kizaru was in the middle between Kuzan and Akainu. Oh well, I can't wait for him to be used: The admirals are pretty cool.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think you've misinterpreted the system they're discussing in that short bit is not the World Government and the World Nobles, it's the Warlords of the Sea system. This was a great chapter though.

Oh, dang. Oh well, that's not too surprising I guess.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Looks like Absalom is getting work still

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
If this sterry kid gets wacked does sabo become a noble?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The only reason Sabo isn't a noble is that he's been presumed dead for a decade. I don't think his parents specifically disowned him, just wanted the other kid to be the heir since he was such a poo poo goblin. Sabo might not be next in line but he's still of noble lineage just like Sanji.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Veskit posted:

If this sterry kid gets wacked does sabo become a noble?

Wouldnt Sabo be a noble if he wasnt assumed dead? Regardless, that wouldnt have put him in the line of royal succession, only Sterrys children would be since Sterry married into the royal family and isnt royal himself

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ah, so Oda's eventual mech series is going to be like G Gundam, huh

LostRook posted:

Not sure about Mororon.

:bisonyes:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
According to this post, Green Bull might be based off the actor Harada Yoshio, just like how all the other Admirals (save Sengoku) are based off famous Japanese actors.

http://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=onepieceblood&no=98746&page=1&exception_mode=recommend

Apparently, Harada Yoshio appeared in the movie Roningai, where he played a character who liked women and had a unique way of laughing (Ra ha ha ha ha, same as Green Bull).

His hair is somewhat similar.

Plus, also appearing in Roningai were Kunie Tanaka, the model for Kizuaru, and Shintaro Katsu, the model for Fujitora. Both of them being current Admirals alongside Green Bull.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So Green Bull is being set up to fight Sanji in the final showdown, huh?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

So Green Bull is being set up to fight Sanji in the final showdown, huh?

Goddammit why didn't I see this coming, it makes perfect sense too :allears:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

Looks like Absalom is getting work still

Nice catch

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm a big fan of these panels.

e: Any chance Sabo and Fujitora are working together on this infiltration plot? They did have a minor truce during the Dressrosa battle.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 25, 2018

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

This chapter was great, but I don't think we should overlook Orlumbus' Cover Arc where he is folding pajamas at 6.am. A true pirate's life.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I freaking love Garp and Sengoku man. Just hanging around trolling the poo poo out of Akainu.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
He deserves it.

Garp is Grandpa Goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

EGSunBro posted:

Wow Oda was hungry when making this chapter huh