Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Is there any way to make it stop asking me about downloading 19mb every time the app opens? It never did this until I reinstalled after that last bug where you'd disconnect on joining a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Russad posted:

Doing PVP, and the AI just made two matches at the same time. Literally two different matches. Circles in two different places, on two separate colors, on opposite sides of the board.

Lol I just had this happen to me in explore mode. Like wtf.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Depends posted:

Is there any way to make it stop asking me about downloading 19mb every time the app opens? It never did this until I reinstalled after that last bug where you'd disconnect on joining a game.

None known yet, but you’re not the only person experiencing this. Look in this thread for an answer:

https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/download-required-msg-every-time-i-start-gow-on-iphone-ipad/39923

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

When doing explores does the difficulty change the stones rewarded? Like getting better ones?

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

This might be the most fun I've had in a raid, since I didn't have infernus for divines.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

When doing explores does the difficulty change the stones rewarded? Like getting better ones?

Nope! The only reason to bump the difficulty is for increased souls rewards. It’s a negligible increase in gold, since (IIRC) the explore bonus is a flat 400 gold no matter what difficulty you’re on. Considering gold and traitstones, you’re better off doing two explores at normal than a single explore at Warlord II or whatever. Souls are a different matter. If you’re exploring to farm souls, run at a higher difficulty so you can fill up your souls bar and get a larger eventual multiplier.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

Nope! The only reason to bump the difficulty is for increased souls rewards. It’s a negligible increase in gold, since (IIRC) the explore bonus is a flat 400 gold no matter what difficulty you’re on. Considering gold and traitstones, you’re better off doing two explores at normal than a single explore at Warlord II or whatever. Souls are a different matter. If you’re exploring to farm souls, run at a higher difficulty so you can fill up your souls bar and get a larger eventual multiplier.

Ok perfect thanks! Although it seems like it takes just as much time at normal vs warlord II but I’ll play with it and see! Thanks for all the help.

The sunbird firebomb team is legit lol.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I was using the Bard-Dawnbringer for the 4th slot, but switched to Goblin King. The attack values are getting high enough that Nobend Brothers get knocked out sometimes against a Bone Dragon, so the summon is useful. +1 magic per turn on the hero really adds up on the longer fights, but it didn't boost the Queen's damage that much (must be 1/2 magic). Plus no extra turn really limits when I felt safe casting it.

e: Came up with another Firebomb explore team using the new troops. Mostly I just wanted to see if it worked. It's not faster in any way, and far more dangerous.

Bear Banner
King Bloodhammer***
King Highforge***
Firebomb*** x2

I guess it's faster in one way. Theoretically, one Firebomb cast, if it scored a kill, could lead to a cascade that will wipe the AI.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 24, 2018

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Man, Bone Dragon is the single worst troop they could have added for this raid. It's so frustrating.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Yeah. It's almost worth throwing the hero in the 4th slot with a weapon with a cleanse.

I lost twice today from the boss nuking one troop and the resulting skulls taking out another. But saved a match with Goblin King summoning Ice Goblin. Man, Ice Goblin is a great troop.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

waffles beyond waffles posted:

Yeah. It's almost worth throwing the hero in the 4th slot with a weapon with a cleanse.

I lost twice today from the boss nuking one troop and the resulting skulls taking out another. But saved a match with Goblin King summoning Ice Goblin. Man, Ice Goblin is a great troop.

I literally woke up this morning thinking "holy poo poo I can just put ice goblin in front!" And then tried to add him and realized he isn't available for the event. Worst way to wake up. :v:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I switched up my Bloodforge explore team to Gorgotha/Bloodforge/Firebomb/Firebomb. Basically the idea is to get a kill to trigger the doom storm, then use Gorgotha or otherwise cause a cascade to wipe the team.

It can be as fast as Sunbirb, but has one major flaw. If the enemy team has a storm-on-death trait, then it overwrites the Doom Storm. So Infernus or Sunbirb greatly slow it down.

Fun to use, because big exploding skulls are fun, but otherwise just a little slower overall against certain troops.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hey so I read something about their being daily quests on the official forums but for the life of me I can’t find anything like that in the iOS client.

Am I just missing it?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Consoles have daily quests. PC/mobile will get them in version 3.5, supposedly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

Consoles have daily quests. PC/mobile will get them in version 3.5, supposedly.

Oh ok I guess that makes sense. The post I saw them in mentioned Android so I figured I was just missing it.

Really this UI is a bit of a mess....

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
It sucks that the event troop is color blocked by the 2 main troops for a goblin team. Is everyone just going with the Nobend/Fizzbang/Cobblepot/EventTroop or is there a better option?
I've been squeaking by with wins with only 1 or 2 troops left but I've not hit the really tough match ups yet.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Yeah I've been doing

Nob End
Event Troop
Princess
Queen

and it has worked pretty well. Nobody is blocked in this alignment. I tried swapping Queen for Goblin King but I'm not sure the ability to summon outweighs the damage + health boost of Queen.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I’m running

Hellcackle
Fleshripper
Nobend
Bugbear

Obviously I have not played very far into the Raid, but Fleshripper and Bugbear both do scaling damage which should be very useful in the late stages. Nobend will either explode gems (good), reduce enemy attack (also good), or deal damage (not worth it at high levels).

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Main team is just classic goblin. Nobend/Fizzbang/Queen/King. I just cycle through explosions, casting queen when I can. Had Fizzbang buff the queens magic twice just now (what are the odds?) and that was a fast match.

My most recent match was against a first slot bone dragon which, between his freeze and bad luck with mana, I lost. So I swapped in a Mechanist Mang in the first slot. Mechanist has the Insulated trait. The starting board had a 4-match skull, so it instantly paid off. Manged the boss, and skull matched the whole team down easily, with 4 health remaining on the hero. Mang/Nobend/Fizzbang/Queen.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
What's a good Voice of Orpheus team? I have him fully traited but I never seem to be able to fit him in a team.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This was a fun bug. Was doing a kingdom quest....

Game gave me a raid lol

Lol I had to reboot the game

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 27, 2018

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004

Disillusionist posted:

What's a good Voice of Orpheus team? I have him fully traited but I never seem to be able to fit him in a team.

Do you also have Infernus? I like using

Hellcat
Infernus
Voice of Orpheus
Divine Ishbaala

with the Lantern Banner. Third trait on Ishbaala is key, since Infernus and Voice are both divines. Then just use Hellcat to fill Infernus and Infernus explosions to fill everyone. Voice for priority targets, filling up mana, and free cleanses.

It's not my main PVP team, but it's pretty fun, and it's also both my yellow and purple guild wars team.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

ianvincible posted:

Do you also have Infernus? I like using

Hellcat
Infernus
Voice of Orpheus
Divine Ishbaala

with the Lantern Banner. Third trait on Ishbaala is key, since Infernus and Voice are both divines. Then just use Hellcat to fill Infernus and Infernus explosions to fill everyone. Voice for priority targets, filling up mana, and free cleanses.

It's not my main PVP team, but it's pretty fun, and it's also both my yellow and purple guild wars team.

Unfortunately I don't. I do have Ishbaala traited though, I figured she'd be a good fit for Orpheus.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Speaking of mythics, we have a new one out this week. So get ready to spend Orbs of Clans (you have been holding on to them, right?). Between now and Friday, you can earn event stones in Explore mode, so it should be pretty quick to get yourselves to 1000+ seals. If you can get to 1500 seals before the Friday reset, so much the better. That means fewer orbs we will all need to spend getting to 40,000 seals in total.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Anyone got a team that doesn't suck for the invasion? I somehow still don't have a Wulfgarok and that is seriously a roadblock. The decent troops all colourblock each other.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Night Danger Moose posted:

Anyone got a team that doesn't suck for the invasion? I somehow still don't have a Wulfgarok and that is seriously a roadblock. The decent troops all colourblock each other.

Wulfgarok is only really useful early on since he can't devour towers. I assume I'll replace it with Mang eventually making my team:

Sir Wulfric
Totem Guardian
Spiritdancer
Wulgarok/Mang
Trident banner that will probably switch to Slayer banner when I switch to Mang

Wargare are seriously lacking utility troops, thank god they introduced Spiritdancer this week

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Grundulum posted:

Speaking of mythics, we have a new one out this week. So get ready to spend Orbs of Clans (you have been holding on to them, right?). Between now and Friday, you can earn event stones in Explore mode, so it should be pretty quick to get yourselves to 1000+ seals. If you can get to 1500 seals before the Friday reset, so much the better. That means fewer orbs we will all need to spend getting to 40,000 seals in total.

I've got 10 clan orbs banked. I'd love to hit 40k on Friday, so I'll be ready.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

Which kingdom is the best for the explore this week? I’ve been doing Khetar as it seems to give the most event stones.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Flesh ripper may be better than Mang for this week. Doesn't block colors with two other troops, and the fox summons and barrier make it harder to keep Mang in front.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I have been using the new weapon with the Orb Weaver class, which is a mystic so it gets the weekly bonus. 35 base damage tripled will one shot a tower with up to 105 health. And it uses green so it catches the overflow from the Spirit-whatever. I still find the team lacks enough poke damage, which makes the barriers annoying.

Once the towers have more health I might use Fenrir to pump up the attack of Wulfric. And extra 20 attack multiplied by Wulfric's final trait is pretty substantial. But that would leave red and yellow unused.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thejaff posted:

Wulfgarok is only really useful early on since he can't devour towers. I assume I'll replace it with Mang eventually making my team:

Sir Wulfric
Totem Guardian
Spiritdancer
Wulgarok/Mang
Trident banner that will probably switch to Slayer banner when I switch to Mang

Wargare are seriously lacking utility troops, thank god they introduced Spiritdancer this week

Ok who is Mang? Lol

Still trying to figure some of these abbreviations out.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

MarcusSA posted:

Ok who is Mang? Lol

Still trying to figure some of these abbreviations out.

Mang is a red/brown hero weapon that you get eventually. It strips all armor from an enemy and gives that amount to you in the form of +Attack, as well as doing some direct damage. It's pretty useful in Raid/Invasion because the stat scaling on enemies gets enormous.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bandire posted:

Mang is a red/brown hero weapon that you get eventually. It strips all armor from an enemy and gives that amount to you in the form of +Attack, as well as doing some direct damage. It's pretty useful in Raid/Invasion because the stat scaling on enemies gets enormous.

Oooh ok I figured it was some troop. Thanks!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have been using the new weapon with the Orb Weaver class, which is a mystic so it gets the weekly bonus. 35 base damage tripled will one shot a tower with up to 105 health. And it uses green so it catches the overflow from the Spirit-whatever. I still find the team lacks enough poke damage, which makes the barriers annoying.

Once the towers have more health I might use Fenrir to pump up the attack of Wulfric. And extra 20 attack multiplied by Wulfric's final trait is pretty substantial. But that would leave red and yellow unused.

The flesh ripper seems like it’s a beefed up Mang that uses red/yellow.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Yeah but I only have 4 slots. Wulfric/Totem/Fox Summoner/Fenrir? 80+ extra skull damage is tempting.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah but I only have 4 slots. Wulfric/Totem/Fox Summoner/Fenrir? 80+ extra skull damage is tempting.

Ah ok that makes sense.

So what do people think about the different classes. I guess I've seriously neglected all of them except for the necro and the warlord soooo are there any should focus on first?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
None of the class weapons are that interesting, so I don’t think you need to worry about classes until/unless you have the traitstones ready to get the third traits. That said, Bard (+stats to yellow troops), Archer (fast start and possibility of instakill), and Titan/Mechanist (fast start for an entire team) are good classes to have traited.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

None of the class weapons are that interesting, so I don’t think you need to worry about classes until/unless you have the traitstones ready to get the third traits. That said, Bard (+stats to yellow troops), Archer (fast start and possibility of instakill), and Titan/Mechanist (fast start for an entire team) are good classes to have traited.

Ok cool this helps a lot.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Running with ...

Trident Banner
Sir Wulfric ***
Totem Guardian ***
Hope's Crescent (the new weapon)
Spirit Dancer ***
Under Orb Weaver Class (good call Waffles)

This, at tower level 88 so far, seems to be a pretty good combo. I don't have Fenrir traited and am not really tempted to do so just for invasion since I don't think I've used him ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

porktree posted:

Running with ...

Trident Banner
Sir Wulfric ***
Totem Guardian ***
Hope's Crescent (the new weapon)
Spirit Dancer ***
Under Orb Weaver Class (good call Waffles)

This, at tower level 88 so far, seems to be a pretty good combo. I don't have Fenrir traited and am not really tempted to do so just for invasion since I don't think I've used him ever.

I'm not sure you really need Fenrir traited for him to be useful here, but next week is green/blue Traitstones anyway.