Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Wanderer posted:

I feel like there has to be a better name for the police-response perk than Hypochondriac.

The increased police response time is an added bonus to the legendary Hypochondriac perk which is the perk that allows you to spawn with a first aid spray. The name for the actual police response time perk is "My Dad's a Cop".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

joylessdivision posted:

How is that possible. Have you missed like every double XP weekend?

I literally have. :( My old job sucked loving rear end

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

joylessdivision posted:

How is that possible. Have you missed like every double XP weekend?

Also you can grind bots for XP.

I'm old. Game time is down to Friday 8-12 and maybe a marathon weekend for AAA stuff like God of War.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Does Steam have a set time they drop updates? I just want to log into my home PC from work to make sure it's downloaded and ready

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
This game is still getting active support? What happened to everyone claiming it'd be dead in 3 months?

Single player mode's gonna encourage me to get a copy.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The first time I catch Burk out with the new Jason 7 and gut him mercilessly while he yells "WHY!?" over Discord 24 seconds into the match is going to be pretty fun.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I mean, it's fun EVERY time that happens, but the first after a long hiatus is the best.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The New 7 is going to be both my bane and my favorite thing

Oh God he's going to be a nightmare

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
List 1: Jasons with high mobility: (no hits on mobility powers, not counting walk/run)

III
V
IX

List 2: Jasons with only a hit on morph:

VIII
VI

List 3: The ones with two hits on mobility powers:

II
IV

Gee, that looks a lot like most Tier lists people think up. Guess where the new VII goes? :getin:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

dogstile posted:

This game is still getting active support? What happened to everyone claiming it'd be dead in 3 months?

Oh people have been claiming the death of this game since launch.

I'm usually able to jump into games pretty easily through the looking for groups thing on Xbox most weekends if half my friends list isn't already playing.

Weekdays are a different story.

Also glad to see the bots getting some love in this update. I can clear the map 7/7 on normal and hard most days without too much trouble.

Unless Jarvis gets called and then it's "Guess where Tommybot got stuck and hope to murder him" although knocking out the power to his house and trapping the powerbox works pretty well with bots.

joylessdivision fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 24, 2018

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

dogstile posted:

That was one guy who was mad about some dumb political bullshit who had never even actually played the game

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I jumped into full lobby after full lobby yesterday on PS4 it was very encouraging

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

codenameFANGIO posted:

That was one guy who was mad about some dumb political bullshit who had never even actually played the game

....but enough about game journalism. :rimshot:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Comfortador posted:

Does Steam have a set time they drop updates? I just want to log into my home PC from work to make sure it's downloaded and ready

Steam doesn't but certain devs tend to release updates at certain times. Friday the 13th usually updates around 7PM EST.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Didn’t they announce 4pm? Or is that just when the xp bonus starts?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

Didn’t they announce 4pm? Or is that just when the xp bonus starts?

Yeah, they did, which is a little early for them. My bad.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
:siren: Update is live on Steam! :siren: :murder:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The patch is up on Steam. It's 7.4 GB.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
AJ has a country accent. This is all wrong.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
This engine update has made the game look like, four times more beautiful on my shitbox of a below-minimum-spec PC, and I'm so grateful :murder:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/999776257679208448?s=19

:discourse:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

AJ has a country accent. This is all wrong.

Her and Mitch being a couple is weirder to me, he’s like twice her age isn’t he?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Coffee And Pie posted:

Her and Mitch being a couple is weirder to me, he’s like twice her age isn’t he?

She's based on the robot dance girl in part 5 (Violet) who was like 16, and Mitch is based on Chuck from part 3, who was 24.

So Jason is definitely the hero when he fries Mitch.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t hear a country accent at all.

Also I don’t have the patience for these single player challenges.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

She's based on the robot dance girl in part 5 (Violet) who was like 16, and Mitch is based on Chuck from part 3, who was 24.

So Jason is definitely the hero when he fries Mitch.

Wait I thought he was like...30 or 40

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Coffee And Pie posted:

Wait I thought he was like...30 or 40

Surprisingly, no. Dude was just very hairy and butch, apparently.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
That hippie hair and beard combo makes everybody look like 20 years older. Especially in the 80's when you'd be 20 years out-of-date.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

So, dance emotes don't loop anymore and it upsets me greatly.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I got told that I was what drove people away from games after I tried to help a Jason with useful tips and tricks until he abruptly and unjustly ragequitted on me.

This does not upset me greatly. Though the lack of looping does

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

TheBizzness posted:

Also I don’t have the patience for these single player challenges.

The unskippable cutscenes are killing it for me. Especially with how drat buggy it can be at times. Like AJ's body flying backwards and Chad noticing her immediately when he entered the house in the second challenge. Then in the 3rd challenge as soon as I started Kenny just BEELINED for me for some reason.

But hey, know what? If they iron out the kinks I'd pay out the rear end for a full game solely devoted to Hitman: Agent 13.

edit: And the ai break your grab almost instantly. Make sure you time snatching them when you're right by an environmental kill or on level ground. (when not going for pre-set kills)

Drunken Baker fucked around with this message at 10:42 on May 25, 2018

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

I got told that I was what drove people away from games after I tried to help a Jason with useful tips and tricks until he abruptly and unjustly ragequitted on me.

This does not upset me greatly. Though the lack of looping does

Imagine you're a mediocre Jason. You load in and begin trying to kill the counselors - only to find Burk. Burk isn't running, he's just casually strolling around you as LaChappa explaining to you some good tips to play Jason. Almost lazily, he dodges and jukes every attempt you make to harm or grab him. He is extremely upbeat about the whole thing, pointing out where you can improve in the cloyingly friendly voice that could only be Burk. Other counselors are starting the car and calling the cops while Burk completely shits on your face with LaChappa in the most affable way which you didn't think possible.

You ragequit and fall asleep listening to Evanescence.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The challenge mode id definitely like to see get some refinement, its solid but with a few tweaks could be really really good. The one major thing is that counselors should only try to run off the map when they see YOU, seeing a body should put them into a panic/hiding mode instead of having them sprint to the nearest exit.

The way that every single counselor reacts to everything the same way is kind of disappointing. Certain counselors should try to fight, etc

HORMELCHILI fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 25, 2018

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
So by "improved AI" they mean after 2 minutes they all find knives and firecrackers. Got it.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Drunken Baker posted:

The unskippable cutscenes are killing it for me. Especially with how drat buggy it can be at times. Like AJ's body flying backwards and Chad noticing her immediately when he entered the house in the second challenge. Then in the 3rd challenge as soon as I started Kenny just BEELINED for me for some reason.

But hey, know what? If they iron out the kinks I'd pay out the rear end for a full game solely devoted to Hitman: Agent 13.

edit: And the ai break your grab almost instantly. Make sure you time snatching them when you're right by an environmental kill or on level ground. (when not going for pre-set kills)

In the third challenge Kenny always runs to the cabin with the generator right away but he'll sometimes leave through a different door, so depending on where you are, he might run right to you at the beginning.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the gently caress is the secret objective for the second challenge

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Coolguye posted:

the gently caress is the secret objective for the second challenge

After you kill the first two counselors, two more are gonna show up. Wait (and pray) for one of them to wander towards the barn. Follow her into the barn, and do the environmental kill when prompted.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Just make sure they don't find any dead bodies and she should go to the barn.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
oh that's the issue then, every time Jenny headed to the barn for me she just sort of screwed around, never getting that close to any environmental objects, and then left, inevitably seeing me because i was hanging out near the entrance

e: AJ is irritatingly aware on that map. confirms that she would be Final Girl if she ever made it into an actual F13 movie

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Coolguye posted:

oh that's the issue then, every time Jenny headed to the barn for me she just sort of screwed around, never getting that close to any environmental objects, and then left, inevitably seeing me because i was hanging out near the entrance

e: AJ is irritatingly aware on that map. confirms that she would be Final Girl if she ever made it into an actual F13 movie

She's channeling composerguy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
How the hell do you boil her? I’ve tried waiting all eternity and she never opens the door for me to sneak in and if I open the door she freaks out and I can’t do it?

• Locked thread