Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Steve Yun posted:

Spaghetti missiles were the specialty of a particular Mr Itano who was called into several different shows because nobody could keep the flight paths of a dozen different missiles straight in their head like this guy. It was often nicknamed the Itano Circus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzXfVgYCxWI

Had to mute it but this whips rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Gorilla Salad posted:

then lovely three frames a second Super Friends which was like watching a presentation done by someone with down syndrome using dollar store crayons. Then maybe something like GI Joe or Centurians would come on which were just loving insulting at every level.

lol you should look up The Marvel SuperHeroes cartoon from 1966, even for the time its cost-saving animation “techniques” resulted in some astonishingly cheap(looking) tv.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol you should look up The Marvel SuperHeroes cartoon from 1966, even for the time its cost-saving animation “techniques” resulted in some astonishingly cheap(looking) tv.

Especially the Thor one, as any episode with Odin on it has his design changing constantly during a single scene.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lizard Combatant posted:

I have no idea what thundercats or any of these other shows people are comparing about are, but...

This is almost minions levels of uninspired.

those aren't even their mouths

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Your logic doesn't matter for online outrage. It's already been pointed out to the people on twitter endlessly melting down about a thirty year old cartoon property being rebooted as a new cartoon for six year olds and calling it the SJW conspiracy, they just pretend they didn't see it or question your masculinity and then continue melting down.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gorilla Salad posted:

Such a drat shame the industry went and dedicated itself to pursuing the pervert market and 30 minute toy commercials which made Super Friends look like quality animation.

It's possible that everything was better when you were a kid, or maybe you just aren't looking in the right places

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSyv6bGpbVk

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Enough about this stupid derail. Poster thread, go to TVIV if you want to complain about cartoons.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Getting back on topic, I love when movies are described as “beyond your imagination”.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

MikeJF posted:

those aren't even their mouths

Apologies, I took something at face value. I don't know any of these cartoons or the original he-dude outside of pop culture references. I wish them all the best and hope they continue to infuriate sad dorks everywhere.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

Enough about this stupid derail. Poster thread, go to TVIV if you want to complain about cartoons.

noooooooo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm real glad I got that Gundam video in before the topic was closed.

Posters for a good movie, in ascending order of quality

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also kinda movie posters found at Licensing Expo

https://twitter.com/CordlessJet/status/999072202422128641

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Office Reboot lookin weird.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
drat, that reminds me. I missed a screening of The Spook Who Sat By the Door in my town a year or two ago because I was traveling.

How good is it?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Almost Blue posted:

drat, that reminds me. I missed a screening of The Spook Who Sat By the Door in my town a year or two ago because I was traveling.

How good is it?

It's good as a movie, and it's good as a basic primer for how to create an insurgency.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Almost Blue posted:

How good is it?

I had never heard the term spook used as a term for black people until this film/book was brought up. I've literally only seen it applied to spies (and ghosts).

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Spazzle posted:

I had never heard the term spook used as a term for black people until this film/book was brought up. I've literally only seen it applied to spies (and ghosts).

Someone needs to watch Taxi Driver.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
& back to the future

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Spazzle posted:

My first wife’s father used it often, thinking it was simultaneously funny and “not as offensive as friend of the family”

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Almost Blue posted:

How good is it?

It's incredible and US race relations are still so lovely that it's still extremely relevant

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gann Jerrod posted:

Getting back on topic, I love when movies are described as “beyond your imagination”.

That's pretty apt for those three movies though.

This seems lazy, like I expect a Refn production for Amazon to be:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What's lazy about it?

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax

Teenage Fansub posted:

What's lazy about it?

It needs like five times as much neon, maybe some laser grids and compression artifacts for maximum aesthetic

-Person whose entire exposure to the works of NWR is Drive as refracted by several years of retrowave thumbnails on YouTube

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Literally nothing about Too Old to Die Young seems lazy, what are you talking about?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I like the bright blue against red. That contrast always causes my eyes discomfort, which is just what you want from the guy.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I like how NWR has his own logo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I like how NWR has his own logo.

This is how you can tell he's been hanging out with Kojima.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This is how you can tell he's been hanging out with Kojima.

How stoked must Kojima be these days. He wanted to be a movie director, he never directed a movie, but has auteur directors going "one of us, one of us".

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Dissapointed Owl posted:

How stoked must Kojima be these days. He wanted to be a movie director, he never directed a movie, but has auteur directors going "one of us, one of us".

I'm waiting for the day one of his famous fans gives him the slate to guest direct an episode of, fuckin, True Detective or something, and just goes completely off the rails.

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I'm waiting for the day one of his famous fans gives him the slate to guest direct an episode of, fuckin, True Detective or something, and just goes completely off the rails.

He spends several years working on a single episode that goes massively overbudget and behind schedule and then goes on to make a free webseries to promote a completely different show while leaving the first unfinished. When the studio fires him there is a huge fan outcry about them selfishly stifling Kojima's vision and in retaliation they boycott the next episode despite it having 90% of the same creative staff and crew, causing the series to die.

Time is a flat circle.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno if he wants to direct movies now more than he just wants movie director boyfriends to hang out with.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kojima's true detective episode will be a flash forward 20 years into the future of the current season, but at the end it turns out the whole episode was a movie being watched by characters from the first season.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Erotic Wakes posted:

He spends several years working on a single episode that goes massively overbudget and behind schedule and then goes on to make a free webseries to promote a completely different show while leaving the first unfinished. When the studio fires him there is a huge fan outcry about them selfishly stifling Kojima's vision and in retaliation they boycott the next episode despite it having 90% of the same creative staff and crew, causing the series to die.

Time is a flat circle.

Is this a Konami white knighting post because lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is a pretty boring poster, I don’t disageee with that. That said I don’t think any of the Drive posters were good either. NWR hasn’t had a good poster except maybe that Bronson one.

E: neon demon has a few good ones, I forgot about that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You also forgot this one.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

flashy_mcflash posted:

looks like a cheap book cover

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

That's a lot of Heighliners.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Hemingway To Go! posted:

looks like a cheap book cover

At least on my phone it looks like exactly like something out of a 90s FMV horror game.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Nicholas Winding Refn's Darkseed 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I like the bright blue against red. That contrast always causes my eyes discomfort, which is just what you want from the guy.

Apparently he's colour-blind, which leads to his film's weird colour pallette. He gets his cinematographer to shoot films he can see.