Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The tiny amount they put in food to color it for hipsters won't have any effect on you. A little goes a long way when it comes to fine powders like that.

Probably give you a hell of a "Oh god, I need to see a Doctor" scare when that Venom Cheese passes out the other end though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Please gentlemen. Let the Europeans have their superior cheeses. They need those little wins in life to lessen the hurt of living in a flyover continent that's been loving up since the middle ages.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

Lobok posted:

99% of a Canadian's annual cheese intake is via the bright orange Cheeto dust in boxes of Kraft Dinner so we're not one to talk.

True, I can literally see 2 boxes of KD from where I'm sitting.

Jedrick has a new favorite as of 17:42 on May 25, 2018

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

value-brand cereal posted:

Wait. Wait a second. Activated charcoal is for making you ralph up poisons you may have ingested, like too much alcohol or bleach, I guess.

I'd you eat that venom cheese, aren't you going to barf it up? Or will it make it through your gut stuff so it's like you're making GBS threads out Venom's cum?

God this is as bad as the activated charcoal chia smoothie bowl recipe I saw on Tumblr. Just loving use food dye so you're not yakking up or cumshitting Venom.
Activated charcoal isn't ipecac; it absorbs poisons (and medications, etc.) and renders them inert instead of making you barf 'em up, which is now seen as potentially doing more harm than good. Picture a charcoal filter in a fishtank.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
For most food advertising it activated charcoal is just fancy science words for food safe carbon pigment. Also it happens to have connotations with "it's medicine" so they randomly dye health food with it because collectively we have the medical foresight of a kid drinking a bottle of cough syrup to get better faster.

E. The "activated" part of it means it has a high surface area for absorption of stuff in your aquarium or gut etc. By the time you cook with it it'll be less than activated because it is now covered in cheese for example.

zedprime has a new favorite as of 17:59 on May 25, 2018

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

zedprime posted:

so they randomly dye health food with it

Might I interest you in some activated charcoal energy drinks? Very healthy, it's got carbon in it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Please gentlemen. Let the Europeans have their superior cheeses. They need those little wins in life to lessen the hurt of living in a flyover continent that's been loving up since the middle ages.

:iceburn:

:randvince:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Even you cheese snob. Dont pretend I didnt see you bite through a ball of mozarella bufala

or as I like to call it, a keto apple

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elias_Maluco posted:

Mozzarella looks like that in most of the world, not only in the USA

Are you italian? Italian people seems to have some strange strong attachment to "true mozzarella"

https://twitter.com/ItalianComments/status/997507353644744704

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It just feels so wrong to me to call that crap "mozzarella cheese" because the name isn't protected outside of EU. Like calling that sawdust "parmesan cheese".
In two of our three official languages, especially for you. Available in a Lidl or pretty much any supermarket near you.

It's called mozzarella, because it is mozzarella. EU vs US legislation has got nothing to do with it in this particular case.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Europeans don't eat Lutefisk. It was a famine food and they quit eating it when times stopped being poo poo. Why Norwegian grandmother's in Minnesota continue to poison themselves with it in an effort to be more Norwegian is a mystery I'll never solve.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Every Norwegian I've ever met can't loving believe people are eating Lutefisk here. That and they make fun of me for saying uffda

The_end
May 17, 2014

SubNat posted:

Might I interest you in some activated charcoal energy drinks? Very healthy, it's got carbon in it.

Activated charcoal makes you poops black.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Oh, thank god, then it's not my bleeding ulcer.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You gotta take the whatever little wins you can get, like socialized medicine

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

(Some) people still eat lutefish here on Christmas. I don't understand it. It's almost as bad as surströmming. I've accidentally eaten cat food and it tastes better.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Can we stop the derail about what mozzarella is /who has the best cheese /which continent is better?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Goodpancakes posted:

Europeans don't eat Lutefisk. It was a famine food and they quit eating it when times stopped being poo poo. Why Norwegian grandmother's in Minnesota continue to poison themselves with it in an effort to be more Norwegian is a mystery I'll never solve.

Same thing with Irish Americans and corned beef.

No one in Ireland eats corned beef. You'd have a very hard time finding it in a shop over here.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

anatomi posted:

I've accidentally eaten cat food and it tastes better.

How do you even do this?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All mozzarella arguments aside, that venom stuff looks like they’re melting it like raclette or something.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

It's a nation that, when they were trying to pick a unified language, went, "ooh, let's pick the one that reminds one of a beautiful, tiny man hopping around angrily, pounding his open palm with a clenched fist & yelling at the sunset."

Born to be fussy.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Iron Crowned posted:

How do you even do this?

happy little accidents

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

LifeSunDeath posted:

Cheese chat: Here in america we have access to all forms of cheese from all around the world. But we deeply prefer processed cheese product for fast food applications.

the processed poo poo melts better

it's just cheese + oil, heavens, oh no, all of our children will die, because it's not "real"

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Iron Crowned posted:

How do you even do this?

Absent-mindedly licked my fingers after picking up some food that my cat pushed off the plate.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Can we stop the derail about what mozzarella is /who has the best cheese /which continent is better?

Processed cheese is a sandwich

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Americans aren't really good at this "food" thing

Or anything else either, really. Except guns and military. I mean for goodness sake, this is the people that elected Donald to ultimate power in their country and most of them are heavily in debt and poor nowadays. Of course they're going to screw up basic stuff like food

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Zzulu posted:

Or anything else either, really. Except guns and military. I mean for goodness sake, this is the people that elected Donald to ultimate power in their country and most of them are heavily in debt and poor nowadays. Of course they're going to screw up basic stuff like food

hottake, so bold

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i will raid the cheese counter at whole foods like its a job but sometimes you just want the cheap rear end orange poo poo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

Can I cook my bad food on the heat from this take

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Hyperboria obviously, bitch.

And if one of you assholes replies and is all "Durrrr, no it's Lemuria, durrrr." so help me god.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hyperboria obviously, bitch.

And if one of you assholes replies and is all "Durrrr, no it's Lemuria, durrrr." so help me god.

Gondwanaland Uber Alles

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Zzulu posted:

Don't punch down.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

All of you are somehow missing the biggest crime here. Who the gently caress puts mozzarella on a steak?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

All of you are somehow missing the biggest crime here. Who the gently caress puts mozzarella on a steak?

yer mum

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

sneakyfrog posted:

but sometimes you just want the cheap rear end orange poo poo
esp in Nov 2016

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh that one is costly. folks just havent gotten the check yet

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I put my steak in your mom's mozzarella

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/NickBossRoss/status/1000073051524890625

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I like cheese. How about you guys?

🧀