Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

*busts into room*

Did someone say adjudicating a scrunt?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Xarbala posted:

*busts into room*

Did someone say adjudicating a scrunt?!
If I say yes that will happen :ohdear:

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Lemon-Lime posted:

Because Bloodbowl isn't football, it's American football.

Bloodbowl isn't canon in the main-line games, though; Orcs in both fantasy and 40k are based on the real-world football hooligan culture of 80s UK, not the in-universe culture of blood bowl.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

spectralent posted:

Bloodbowl isn't canon in the main-line games, though; Orcs in both fantasy and 40k are based on the real-world football hooligan culture of 80s UK, not the in-universe culture of blood bowl.

Neon was very clearly referring to bloodbowl in the original post. You can quit arguing in pedantic circles now.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

Neon was very clearly referring to bloodbowl in the original post. You can quit arguing in pedantic circles now.

neonchameleon posted:

And the Warhammer Fantasy Battle I grew up with had... orc football hooligans playing an explicit parody of American Football.

spectralent posted:

Also orcs are "soccer" hooligans; their influence is the 80s british football holigan scene which was rather... intense. Unless you mean blood bowl I guess.

:shrug:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Yes, clearly there is a mix up. That's my point. I don't know why you're still going unless you're hoping for a signed and notarized retraction letter.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

Yes, clearly there is a mix up. That's my point. I don't know why you're still going unless you're hoping for a signed and notarized retraction letter.

You're really cranky about two posts about tabletop games in the TG chat thread.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Brigadoom, the musical episode of Lexx, is a better musical than Hamilton.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Guy Goodbody posted:

So, what, you just woke up this morning thinking "I wanna fight somebody!" ?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr.Misfit posted:

Anybody who argues with me is just revealing their own poor taste.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah Brigadoon is a pretty okay anime.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Getsuya posted:

They're called graphic novels.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Hamilton is reactionary

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hamilton is reactionary

By using all actors of color, it ironically whitewashes history.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

spectralent posted:

You're really cranky about two posts about tabletop games in the TG chat thread.

I'm confused about why it needs to be argued about?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gotta fight about something

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Getsuya posted:

It's titled Brigador, and it's an (awesome) isometric shooter, not an anime

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Foglet posted:

This is the objectively correct answer.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mr.Misfit posted:

There's another way to wake up?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Hoping Warhammer Fantasy RP 4e is good. 2e was fun but it had weird problems with larger monsters being impossible to kill and having way too many skills.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I have my concerns.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Foglet posted:

I've debated trying to adapt it to tabletop, but drat that might be too dark

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Hamilton is "Well my name is X and I'm here to say..." quality rap. That the nation's elite will spend thousands of dollars to see this crap is reason enough for a violent revolution.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Halloween Jack posted:

Hamilton is "Well my name is X and I'm here to say..." quality rap. That the nation's elite will spend thousands of dollars to see this crap is reason enough for a violent revolution.

yeah. And Brigadoom is legit good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiGvytrIhB4

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
That's the episode of TNG where the doctor makes it with her grandma's candle ghost, right?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

grassy gnoll posted:

That's the episode of TNG where the doctor makes it with her grandma's candle ghost, right?
Season 7 was weird as poo poo.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I love it when people on SA talk about really cool old sci-fi shows that were way ahead of their time. I also like it when they talk about Lexx. It's not well-acted or smart or tonally consistent in the least, but drat if it isn't endearing anyway.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I seem to recall a golden era of SyFy when they were showing reruns of stuff like Forever Knight instead of more movies about giant bugs.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
Back when they were still called "The Sci-Fi Channel" and weren't rebranding themselves to "avoid the sci-fi label"

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

I seem to recall a golden era of SyFy when they were showing reruns of stuff like Forever Knight instead of more movies about giant bugs.

In fairness, if your movie about giant bugs was made in the 50s or 60s it probably owns.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Get a divorce

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
:sever:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

He should switch to AW.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

He should switch to AW.

No that would just make the situation worse!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

:thejoke:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
if a game of D&D convinces your husband to leave you, become a woman, and shack up with one of the other players, either there were some serious issues in your marriage that weren't being addressed or you have a loving world-class DM

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

if a game of D&D convinces your husband to leave you, become a woman, and shack up with one of the other players, either there were some serious issues in your marriage that weren't being addressed or you have a loving world-class DM

And honestly we should look up to such a DM

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is the script for an unfilmed Goth Talk skit on SNL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Guy Goodbody posted:

Pity the fools who don't.