Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Gaunab posted:

I've never been a fan of bio-mech; just seems to busy in an uninteresting way.

I liked Giger for a long time, and I think if it’s done well it can look terrific, it’s just that most times biomech is done by subpar artists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

That tat reminds me of this gem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RioihPxV4go

"BDN," aka Big Dick Nick/Nicholas Johannson/actual name Aly Jash is something of a legend in the goon facebook groups. He originally came to be known from commenting some vile sexual poo poo on a Goonette's instagram. He has a ton of stupid posts about his tattoo being "designed by an engineer" and "costing thousands of dollars." Never mind the fact that it looks completely like poo poo.

He's also eskimo brothers with Jeff Goldblum and poo poo in his ex wife's sink while they were divorcing.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

It’s from Wicked Jester clothing, it’s me I was the teenage edgelord back in the ‘00s.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

13Pandora13 posted:

That tat reminds me of this gem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RioihPxV4go

"BDN," aka Big Dick Nick/Nicholas Johannson/actual name Aly Jash is something of a legend in the goon facebook groups. He originally came to be known from commenting some vile sexual poo poo on a Goonette's instagram. He has a ton of stupid posts about his tattoo being "designed by an engineer" and "costing thousands of dollars." Never mind the fact that it looks completely like poo poo.

He's also eskimo brothers with Jeff Goldblum and poo poo in his ex wife's sink while they were divorcing.

I wonder if the artist or the engineers were responsible for the hosed up gears. Either way, don't want anything to do with either.

vvv I was trying to suppress that memory, jerkass :argh:

whypick1 has a new favorite as of 03:52 on May 12, 2018

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The real crime is that Back in Black cover. Yeesh.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's even weirder in German.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Field Mousepad posted:

It's even weirder in German.

As are many things.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SatansOnion posted:

That would be silly.

The legs are where you put the :black101: bitchin’ sound system :black101: , obviously

Whoa. You don't have PMs so could you maybe check your Steam messages/Discord? This is Atomik, people got worried.

Mofette
Jan 9, 2004

Hey you! It's the sound, in your head goes round and round

"Mum changes son's name after mistake in new tattoo"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44153864

Only registered members can see post attachments!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I guess that's one perk of being a parent

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
I had a client walk into my studio once saying she wanted her daughter's name tattooed across her lower back.

The name in question was Savannah if i remember correctly.

One of my artists drew it up in a nice italicised script and asked her to double check the spelling. The new mother got frustrated with the question, asked why we dont just know how to spell it, and then asked if she could borrow a phone to call her friend (either her battery was dead or out of PAYG credit i think) to check how her own daughter's name was spelled because, and i quote "Come on, it's not easy to remember names, its not like i got a new phone and had to tell all my friends the new number, why would i know how to spell her name already? Shes only 6 months old!"

Utterly dumbfounded that she wasnt kidding about any of it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mofette posted:

At least Nova and Kelvin are vaguely scientific sounding so it has a theme

Kevin is a bad name anyway

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mofette posted:

This would look great stencilled onto the head of one of those giant robots from Pacific Rim

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I legitimately think I could do a better job and I've never even been on the non-receiving end of a tattoo machine.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mofette posted:

The weird thing about this to me is that the kid in question is five years old, i.e. a fully-fledged small human. I guess kids at that age can still be pretty flexible, but if I'd been asked/told about changing my name when I was five, I would have flipped my fussy-kindergartener poo poo.

CuteStorm
Sep 22, 2010
:nws: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi8PCNeDsqE/?hl=en&taken-by=greggletron :nws:
An amazing example of well done and tasteless.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

thats the weirdest Golbat tattoo I've ever seen.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

dpack_1 posted:

I had a client walk into my studio once saying she wanted her daughter's name tattooed across her lower back.

The name in question was Savannah if i remember correctly.

One of my artists drew it up in a nice italicised script and asked her to double check the spelling. The new mother got frustrated with the question, asked why we dont just know how to spell it, and then asked if she could borrow a phone to call her friend (either her battery was dead or out of PAYG credit i think) to check how her own daughter's name was spelled because, and i quote "Come on, it's not easy to remember names, its not like i got a new phone and had to tell all my friends the new number, why would i know how to spell her name already? Shes only 6 months old!"

Utterly dumbfounded that she wasnt kidding about any of it.

We had something like this happen only yer man ended up with it tattooed and all. Checked, double checked, "this is her name? Katherine?" "yes" "and it's spelled right?" "yes"

Her name was bloody Kathleen. He came back to complain later and admitted he was illiterate, which I imagine he felt self conscious about but come on. Someone at one point (probably me?) said "what's her name?" misheard him and then said the wrong name back to him which he then also misheard in a big sitcom mixup.

I can't remember if he ever came back to have it fixed actually.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Antivehicular posted:

The weird thing about this to me is that the kid in question is five years old, i.e. a fully-fledged small human. I guess kids at that age can still be pretty flexible, but if I'd been asked/told about changing my name when I was five, I would have flipped my fussy-kindergartener poo poo.

I was foced to change my name before kindergarten and it sucked, and I want to go back but the new name has stuck so it would feel weird introducing ,shelf as my old name and plus everyone knows me by my current name. It’s one of those foreign things like you are called Ping but then your parents make you change your name to Paul for school cause it’s more common. Or maybe my mom wanted me to be Paul in the first place. Regardless, after having been called Ping (ok not Ping but same concept) for 5 years, being told I would now be called Paul made me cry a whole lot. I remember the exact moment. I went up to my dads desk, he had some document, and he was like, “you’re going to be called Paul now.” It dusk in summer. The desk was by the window.

:smith:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

I was foced to change my name before kindergarten and it sucked, and I want to go back but the new name has stuck so it would feel weird introducing ,shelf as my old name and plus everyone knows me by my current name. It’s one of those foreign things like you are called Ping but then your parents make you change your name to Paul for school cause it’s more common. Or maybe my mom wanted me to be Paul in the first place. Regardless, after having been called Ping (ok not Ping but same concept) for 5 years, being told I would now be called Paul made me cry a whole lot. I remember the exact moment. I went up to my dads desk, he had some document, and he was like, “you’re going to be called Paul now.” It dusk in summer. The desk was by the window.

:smith:

Later that night, the murders began.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

To be fair, the tattooist was dealing with an uneven surface.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
They all look like professional wrestlers that have had a really hard life

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
That's actually pretty impressive

Field Mousepad posted:

They all look like professional wrestlers that have had a really hard life

This made me lol

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
When my wife got a tattoo incorporating our daughter's nickname the artist asked her to verify the spelling about a dozen times, which we appreciated, even though it got a bit silly when we literally pointed at every individual letter and said it out loud.

(It was a cute little ladybug and the word "Lydibug")

Mr. Bad Guy has a new favorite as of 12:31 on May 22, 2018

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

This naughty nun only has massive tit and is rather zombiesque

Edit: that IG account is a treasure trove of bad tattoos!

ricketyvickyt has a new favorite as of 14:51 on May 23, 2018

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Say Nothing posted:

To be fair, the tattooist was dealing with an uneven surface.

The victim needs to spread on the firming lotion with a paint roller.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
Kerning!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
"The penis mightier than the sword" is a funny way to brag about your dick making it the least awful part of this tattoo. Why does the scroll end on the same side!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I know a girl with that quote tattooed and it has the same problem. Wonder if the artist did it on purpose.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Regardless of if they got the kerning right it is all I would read that as because of SNL celebrity Jeopardy.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

rockcity posted:

Regardless of if they got the kerning right it is all I would read that as because of SNL celebrity Jeopardy.

That's not what your mother said last night

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's a pretty old joke it might just be intentional

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

“MAO UJW” ?

Hermaphrodite
Oct 2, 2004

Luckily, I CAN go fuck myself!

Thin Privilege posted:

“MAO UJW” ?

It's upside down - "Mtn Dew"

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Hermaphrodite posted:

It's upside down - "Mtn Dew"

You don't say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The penguin is at least cute. The rainbow not so much.