Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the only myth about Wendy's is that their social media is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Death to brands.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Creature Family Days has this unfortunate sense of timing and pacing, perhaps because I'm watching the Japanese dub, but everything seems to take a half second too long, like pauses between dialogue, sentences in internal monologues, panning shots of scenery, etc. It's like the storyboard for an 11 minute show is stretched out to 15 minutes. Even the way the plot and premise are presented are affected by this stretched time, and this also makes characterization unfold in this unsatisfying way. I really want to like the show, but I don't think the time and the aggravation of going "c'mon, c'mon, just go!" are worth it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a better look at banana fish

https://twitter.com/bananafish_tv/status/999686524105977856?s=19

i like the designs a lot, they look like they'll be pretty easy to animate and still have a significant vibe of yoshida's originals. OP seems like it's total poo poo though

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Julias posted:

Already ahead of you.

Brands aren't myths

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the myth of ethical consumption

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DisDisDis posted:

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

GorfZaplen posted:

Look up creatures of the lumberwood. Also Slappy Hooper

Slappy Hooper is cool and I'm mad I never learned about him in school.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
my fate-sona is the US dollar

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

To the fansubber of Saiki S2 ep 18: you are a god, holy poo poo, thank you for your sacrifice

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

np

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
poo poo I already forgot saiki s2 is a thing, I really liked s1. Better get back on that. I assume that post means it's still good.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Truga posted:

poo poo I already forgot saiki s2 is a thing, I really liked s1. Better get back on that. I assume that post means it's still good.

It didn't, although yes S2 is a half star above S1 imho.

It meant that episode is chock full of non-standard text flying all over the screen and must have been hell to time and position everything but the fansubber pulled it off.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

It didn't, although yes S2 is a half star above S1 imho.

It meant that episode is chock full of non-standard text flying all over the screen and must have been hell to time and position everything but the fansubber pulled it off.

i can confirm that squark had a bad time

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Truga posted:

It's very good, and introduces Saiki's adorable girlfriend and soulmate.

Also seconding/thirding the "Holy poo poo I can't believe squark actually did that episode" sentiment.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
fujoshi are formidable

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/itsbasiltime/status/1000157500526690305

Momocon, so some announcements are happening.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
lol at the censor

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It turns out Beatless finally delivered the twist I was hoping for, though unfortunately it took 19 episodes of mostly so-so execution.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Based discotek

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sindai posted:

It turns out Beatless finally delivered the twist I was hoping for, though unfortunately it took 19 episodes of mostly so-so execution.

What's the twist

kater
Nov 16, 2010

They had beats all along.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The true beats are the friends you made along the way.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

kater posted:

They had beats all along.

They just acted like they didn't because they forgot about Dre.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Also, Kabakura canonically reads Yuru Yuri.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 26, 2018

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Sindai posted:

now it just feels depressing, everyone's lovely and unlikeable, no one to root for

if you want a depressing sci fi story about events spiraling out of control, you gotta lean in to it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This week's You Don't Know Gunma was amazing

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Lost Song took a really unexpected turn this week.
The first 7 episodes were basically Macross: Fantasy Edition. But it actually was a "history keeps repeating forever"-story that just happened to start in a fantasy era? Also, song magic is some kind of Dark Matter/Dark Energy technobabble :psyduck:

Tamba fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 26, 2018

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Oh man I love Hinamatsuri. It's nice to follow some comedy shows to watch with steady payoff's, rather than just being in the second act for every other show coming out this season.

PS: Nitta please love your daughter more.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

He loves her very much, in his way.

It's just that his way is that of a terrible person. And it's great.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Be warned, in this week's Kitaro, a lot of explicit taking of shirokodamas.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I should catch up with that, I'm not familiar with previous stuff but the first episode made it seem neat.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

I should catch up with that, I'm not familiar with previous stuff but the first episode made it seem neat.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit, it feels a little bit like what you'd get if someone took Mushishi and made it into a kids show set in the modern day.

(Yes, I know original Kitaro far predates Mushishi)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

It's sort of very inconsistent what it is from week to week. Sometimes it seems a straight fighting show, sometimes it's more of a mystery show. Sometimes it's about capitalists being sent to hell.

Like, for a 'kid's show' it can go some freaking dark places.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Toei seems to be all for going to dark places this year with Kitaro, Hugatto Precure and Kamen Rider Build. It's making for some great shows though. Like the Kitaro episode with the Cat Yokai and old lady was super good and super sad

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Jin-Roh live action I'm assuming? Neat.

edit - Or maybe something else in the Kerberos Panzer Cop universe? I can't read Korean.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 28, 2018

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mentat Radnor posted:

Yeah. Korean film, if I remember right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mentat Radnor posted:

Yeah, by the guy who directed I Saw The Devil, A Tale of Two Sisters, and Arnold Schwarzenegger's The Last Stand

• Locked thread