Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

monkeu posted:

If you actually want action and fun and aren’t just ticking off challenges head to the circle ASAP

Or drop on the enemy side of the line far enough back and circle behind folks. There's no penalty for crossing the line or extra alert given to enemy players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

Or drop on the enemy side of the line far enough back and circle behind folks. There's no penalty for crossing the line or extra alert given to enemy players.

The best is if the other team has tilted on their side. So many players that it’s near impossible to realize you’re an enemy, and there’s plenty of places to hide out once they catch on.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The best 50v50 games involve the line going right down tilted.

I haven’t seen a circle in titled yet but I imagine that would be better.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
everyone should spawn with a pump shotgun that disintegrates after firing one shot

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

santanotreal posted:

The best is if the other team has tilted on their side. So many players that it’s near impossible to realize you’re an enemy, and there’s plenty of places to hide out once they catch on.

It wasn't Tilted, but I got a kill from an enemy player strolling through the middle of a looting frenzy with a bush.

I rushed past them and round a corner before my brain said "You know that bush wasn't on your side, right?"

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Most 50vs50 games are decided before they start.

The team that have the bus reach the circle sooner have a huge advantage. The circle will be already full before the other team arrive.

The team that have a easier access to Tilted Towers have a huge advantage. People will be well armed and move has a bigger zerg, wiping with everything they meet.

The easier strategy for groups is to move has a zerg. Nothing stops the zerg.

Strangelly enough, the crater is a solid position. For whatever reason the height advantage is null here, and the group in the bottom of the crater kill the ones in the crest of the crater.

Like in Planetside or other games with huge zergs, people is deeply stupid, but on top of that many players are greedy or activelly tryiing to get teammates to die.
I have been many years in the New Conglomerate driving tanks and sundies, and nothing surprise me anymore.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I wonder how many games in a row I can land on a house that doesn't have a shotgun

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

all the whining about shotguns makes me value how underrated the new burst ar is. 2 clicks and the enemy is downed

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I won’t deny that impulse grenades, mountains and teammates are a fun combo in 50v50.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Tei posted:

The team that have a easier access to Tilted Towers have a huge advantage.

I def think the team that sets up in the circle first has the advantage but if your bus is near tilted half your team goes there and then marches single file to their deaths or gets caught in the storm.

Also, it would be cool to see a LTM that starts with simple grey loadouts, AR/Shotgun, pistol and grenades.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AAB posted:

all the whining about shotguns makes me value how underrated the new burst ar is. 2 clicks and the enemy is downed

It is just pumps we hate. Those loving pumps.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

you all are gonna love the close encounters LTM. all shotguns and jetpacks. I think it is supposed to go live today but I'm not sure other than "soon"

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I haven’t seen a circle in titled yet but I imagine that would be better.

Actually had this in a match today. Was pretty cool. I hadn't really noticed that Tilted is surrounded by hills, so plenty of high ground for all.

hosed up my looting, so ended up with only a purple hand cannon, which sucked. But got to build a cool fort, so wasn't too bad.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
It just seems like if you drop in a reasonably populated area and you don't get a shotgun before your first encounter it's an insta-loss. A nerf to their effective range might make SMGs and pistols more viable, if you don't have a shotty you could try to put some space between you and the opponent. I think it's pretty telling that people will devote two inventory spaces to shotguns right to the end game.

I suck and could be totally wrong though.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Tei posted:

The team that have the bus reach the circle sooner have a huge advantage. The circle will be already full before the other team arrive.

The team that have a easier access to Tilted Towers have a huge advantage. People will be well armed and move has a bigger zerg, wiping with everything they meet.

The easier strategy for groups is to move has a zerg. Nothing stops the zerg.

Strangelly enough, the crater is a solid position. For whatever reason the height advantage is null here, and the group in the bottom of the crater kill the ones in the crest of the crater.

Like in Planetside or other games with huge zergs, people is deeply stupid, but on top of that many players are greedy or activelly tryiing to get teammates to die.
I have been many years in the New Conglomerate driving tanks and sundies, and nothing surprise me anymore.

We lost a 50v50 the other day, I was downed with at like the 20v18 mark (we were up) an rear end in a top hat teammate danced on my body as I died, so I decided to watch the rest of the game. It got down to 14v1 and the last guy killed probably 7 or 8 people and the rest died to the storm, including the idiot that danced on me instead of reviving me. I'd like to think that him letting me die lost us the game!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

MF_James posted:

We lost a 50v50 the other day, I was downed with at like the 20v18 mark (we were up) an rear end in a top hat teammate danced on my body as I died, so I decided to watch the rest of the game. It got down to 14v1 and the last guy killed probably 7 or 8 people and the rest died to the storm, including the idiot that danced on me instead of reviving me. I'd like to think that him letting me die lost us the game!

Is a good idea to remember that these people doing incredible stupid and infantile things are literal 8 years old or so. Kids are mean.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MF_James posted:

The other day I had nearly the opposite finish. A random guy got downed from a fall as the ring was about to shrink, I rushed out and picked him up, then we both raced to safety, barely ahead of the storm. Gave him a shield and dropped a campfire.
Like a minute later while it was 6v1 with a ninja John Wick slowly eliminating my group, Wick ambushes me only to get dropped by the dude I saved.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Tei posted:

Is a good idea to remember that these people doing incredible stupid and infantile things are literal 8 years old or so. Kids are mean.

Oh I don't care all that much, it was just a funny thing; I doubt anyone would take a second to think "hmm maybe if I had revived my teammate instead of dancing on him, we could have won"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Tei posted:

If people played soundly at all times this might be the case, but I've seen plenty of people drop miles away from the circle or do other goofy things. Or just grief their own team, because gently caress you this airdrop is mine.

prom candy posted:

It just seems like if you drop in a reasonably populated area and you don't get a shotgun before your first encounter it's an insta-loss. A nerf to their effective range might make SMGs and pistols more viable, if you don't have a shotty you could try to put some space between you and the opponent. I think it's pretty telling that people will devote two inventory spaces to shotguns right to the end game.

I suck and could be totally wrong though.

You're not wrong. There's something questionable about shotgun spread and falloff, possibly not helped by hitbox and netcode fuckery. The biggest problem is that even if you get shields out of your very first chest it doesn't matter, because you can still be instantly blapped dead by a pump. The Tac SMG has a niche as a pseudo-shotgun to cycle to if you're not going for double pump cheese, and I've occasionally had some good times with a silenced pistol, but otherwise basic pistols and revolvers usually feel like a booby prize and the silenced SMG, while better after the buff, is the kind of thing you lug around for lack of anything better and then dump once you have a proper loadout.

Also mysteriously the entire late game meta seems to almost inevitably hinge on aggressively building or using jump pads to get up close to your enemy, preferably with a height advantage, almost as if the point is to maximize the effectiveness of a particular weapon.... :thunk:

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 25, 2018

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I'm picking up StW again after playing for a few months after early access started. I think I've got a good sense for how mechanics have changed, but as far as gray, green, and blue schematics are concerned, am I correct in thinking I should basically transform or recycle all of them if I have a good selection of purple or better stuff?

I see some utility with lower-tier traps, but I just don't see myself ever using the vast majority of the blue or lower weapon schematics I have.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I'm picking up StW again after playing for a few months after early access started. I think I've got a good sense for how mechanics have changed, but as far as gray, green, and blue schematics are concerned, am I correct in thinking I should basically transform or recycle all of them if I have a good selection of purple or better stuff?

I see some utility with lower-tier traps, but I just don't see myself ever using the vast majority of the blue or lower weapon schematics I have.

Yeah, epic and legendary are the only things to really worry about beyond a point. If you're missing a trap then whatever your best version of it will be fine until higher levels. The weekly event store usually has one legendary trap available for 700 daily quest coins and one gun, so you can pick. It's a good way to fill in some gaps. You can also upgrade rarity on schematics now like you can with heroes. It requires flux from the event store so it's not cheap, but it is possible.

As mentioned in the thread earlier it can be worthwhile to use transforms to turn greens into blues and blues into epics (if you have those transforms) because it lets you double dip on the rewards. You gain XP similar to recycling them but also get the resulting item. It does use research points or people resources, however.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Anyone into competitive Fortnite, Keemstar's Friday Fortnite started an hour ago. Brackets, rules, etc. here https://umggaming.com/friday-fortnite/brackets

[edit] Will say I watched last week, and while I'm not super fond of the format they use, it is still more entertaining to see top streamers try to outfrag one another than just regular standard Fortnite play. Think Epic can do something better though, for whenever they settle on a standardized tournament format.

teagone fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 25, 2018

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.
For anyone who is jumping back into StW (or has been playing for a while, or just started, we ain't picky) you can feel free to send me (CarolChanning on PS4 and Epic) an invite/friend request. Father Wendigo and I play frequently and we are trying to work our way through the rest of Plankerton right now. We are both non-rear end in a top hat adults who won't edit your walls to half walls or build a trillion and half walls around an objective so that you have to jump around like an idiot to defend anything. We also use traps and sometimes actually manage to put them in useful places (and we also call out storm chests and wait for everyone to get there before we start the poo poo up).

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I'm IAteDaSandwich on STW.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Rexxed posted:

Yeah, epic and legendary are the only things to really worry about beyond a point. If you're missing a trap then whatever your best version of it will be fine until higher levels. The weekly event store usually has one legendary trap available for 700 daily quest coins and one gun, so you can pick. It's a good way to fill in some gaps. You can also upgrade rarity on schematics now like you can with heroes. It requires flux from the event store so it's not cheap, but it is possible.

As mentioned in the thread earlier it can be worthwhile to use transforms to turn greens into blues and blues into epics (if you have those transforms) because it lets you double dip on the rewards. You gain XP similar to recycling them but also get the resulting item. It does use research points or people resources, however.

Thanks. I only have reusable transformations for blues, but I've been doing the gray > green > blue > retire for XP/manuals for my dupes. I'll probably do the same to a bunch of the non-dupe stuff that I don't care about.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I bought that legendary hero soldier dude with magic egold.

Am I a sucker y/n?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

John Murdoch posted:

Also mysteriously the entire late game meta seems to almost inevitably hinge on aggressively building or using jump pads to get up close to your enemy, preferably with a height advantage, almost as if the point is to maximize the effectiveness of a particular weapon.... :thunk:

There is nothing wrong with clingers.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

spamhead80 posted:

Father Wendigo and I play frequently and we are trying to work our way through the rest of Plankerton right now.
This is true.

quote:

We are both non-rear end in a top hat adults
This is bullshit and you know it. :colbert:

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

Father Wendigo posted:

This is true.
This is bullshit and you know it. :colbert:

I feel like being an rear end in a top hat personally and being one in game are separate things, so my point still stands :smuggo:.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

mrmcd posted:

I bought that legendary hero soldier dude with magic egold.

Am I a sucker y/n?

Raven? He's alright. I haven't really dumped any experience into him to see if the kit is particularly great but at-a-glance he's one of the better Soldiers.

If you mean Jonesy he's like the default best Soldier everyone uses.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

teagone posted:

Anyone into competitive Fortnite, Keemstar's Friday Fortnite started an hour ago. Brackets, rules, etc. here https://umggaming.com/friday-fortnite/brackets

[edit] Will say I watched last week, and while I'm not super fond of the format they use, it is still more entertaining to see top streamers try to outfrag one another than just regular standard Fortnite play. Think Epic can do something better though, for whenever they settle on a standardized tournament format.

this tourney owns. I've have been watching select matches here and there last week and the week before. Glad that now there's funny streamer drama introduced this week lmao

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
My buddies pay more attention to it than I, and we're all big Nick Merks fans. I heard Myth was being a little bitch today.

Good game between merks/sypher and ninja/Richard

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

el B posted:

My buddies pay more attention to it than I, and we're all big Nick Merks fans. I heard Myth was being a little bitch today.

Good game between merks/sypher and ninja/Richard

yeah apparently sypher had his stream delay set to 100 seconds instead of the tourney regulated 120 since he generally also gets a 20 second delay due to latency. The rest of the field set their OBS settings to the flat 120 instead of counting latency. Myth said he got owned off the drop by a stream sniper and made a HUGE fuss about it in some side chat with Keemstar & the rest of the participants.

Either way, they replayed the match and Myth still lost.

There have been some HUGE pulls/carries as well. Lupo and TimTheTatMan just barely lost to Courage & TP by 1 after not getting any kills their first match. Plus Ninja and Richard doing their usual insane poo poo. Watching certain streamers instead of the general UMG feed has been a bit more entertaining too. But some of these folks are really skilled and equally dry

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Why build 3 pyramids for 3 atlases when you can build one?
And then put an inverted pyramid ontop for style points of course..

We then added railgun level launch ramps to shoot people into the next map:

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 26, 2018

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

DarkDobe posted:

Why build 3 pyramids for 3 atlases when you can build one?
And then put an inverted pyramid ontop for style points of course..

turn it into a giant toilet

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AAB posted:

this tourney owns. I've have been watching select matches here and there last week and the week before. Glad that now there's funny streamer drama introduced this week lmao

You referring to Myth being a salty baby about Sypher's delay not being 2min? Myth looked like he was gonna cry during the discussion of what to do lmao. And yeah, the tourney is pretty cool. The Ninja/KingRichard vs SypherPK/Nickmercs match was insane. Both matches they had over 30+ kills as a squad, in favor of Ninja/KingRichard. Seeing a third of the server get shredded by one squad was really fun.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

ahahahaa Myth + Hamlins are meetting back up with Sypher and NickMercs in the loser bracket semi finals but NickMercs's PS4 seems to have exploded and he's running to the store to get a new one between matches

https://twitter.com/KEEMSTAR/status/1000187853698035712

oh poo poo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sypher gonna go MVP mode.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

was mercs capture card that died apparently. he's not happy lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

AAB posted:

ahahahaa Myth + Hamlins are meetting back up with Sypher and NickMercs in the loser bracket semi finals but NickMercs's PS4 seems to have exploded and he's running to the store to get a new one between matches

https://twitter.com/KEEMSTAR/status/1000187853698035712

oh poo poo

gently caress, what did this say? I followed most of the drama. gently caress myth for letting 300k+ people wait for nearly an hour. His chat was amazing, his minimum bit amount was 2 and it was sub-only. Of course the average regular drooler in his chat didn't understand it was in sub mode already. Non-stop flaming, but at least he made like 100 bucks. :v:

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 09:33 on May 26, 2018