Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting
The second debate is on right now and watching it is torture. None of them answer anything they're asked, and they're attacking AMLO again.

Can't wait for all the glorious memes tho.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

PhantomPayne posted:

The second debate is on right now and watching it is torture. None of them answer anything they're asked, and they're attacking AMLO again.

Can't wait for all the glorious memes tho.

i had to stop watching cuz meade was pissing me off so much

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

pretty much the same thing as the first, no one said anything of substance

though i did get a hearty lmbo when the loving PRI/PVEM candidate had the gall to lecture someone else about using party funds to enrich themselves and their families

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

babypolis posted:

i had to stop watching cuz meade was pissing me off so much

yeah I can't loving stand Meade.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

yeah I can't loving stand Meade.

hes such a preachy, sanctimonious rear end in a top hat. meanwhile hes defending and enabling some of the most corrupt shitheads in the world and running a blatantly dishonest and fearmongering campaign. hes absolute dogshit

babypolis has issued a correction as of 20:27 on May 21, 2018

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I love this meme

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't watch the debate, but holy poo poo it looks like the dumbest loving poo poo ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFGmLBrihig

I got glaucoma watching this clip

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

I love this meme
:same:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i have no reason to post this, yet i must

https://www.facebook.com/CoosasTristes/videos/2264912703754000/?hc_ref=ARSoIm-Y9lgM-2vvDTCdFGKgK8DlzgHj7bsRB4YRK0Sge1nydC-dy5UXGZeISs0CFxo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Please call me Cartens, Mr. Supergordita is my father's name

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

thats an anti amlo meme, somehow

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

according to pollsters, amlo has:

92% to win the presidency

80% to have full control of the house

34% to have full control of the senate

if amlo wins with all houses of congress im gonna lose my poo poo

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
So how long until full communism

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

rudatron posted:

So how long until full communism

Never.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

babypolis posted:

thats an anti amlo meme, somehow
i think that's supposed to be making fun of the anti-amlo hysteria in mexico. El Perrito Super Gordito is pro-amlo

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

i think that's supposed to be making fun of the anti-amlo hysteria in mexico. El Perrito Super Gordito is pro-amlo

it says at the bottom "that awkward moment when you realize some memes are a better government than the one we have and the one we are getting"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

babypolis posted:

it says at the bottom "that awkward moment when you realize some memes are a better government than the one we have and the one we are getting"
thanks, my spanish is extremely rusty

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 02:52 on Oct 24, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Metal Cat posted:

So hey, I've read that AMLO has written something like 16 books (Amazon lists 9 of them), including a few about Mexico's elite and the state of the country. Have you guys read them? I feel like picking up one of those once I get the chance.

"well i know AMLO hasn't read them!! got'em"

my facebook feed right now

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kinda worried about AMLOs rhetoric now.

He keeps pinning everything on corruption. And while he's right that it's a huge problem at every level, you can't lead a real transformation without wealth redistribution.

Maybe he's shunning the economically leftist talk to not raise too much opposition, but his moderation is worrisome. I'm glad he's not a fringe candidate anymore, but it seems like it's coming at the great cost of keeping the status quo.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Frijolero posted:

Kinda worried about AMLOs rhetoric now.

He keeps pinning everything on corruption. And while he's right that it's a huge problem at every level, you can't lead a real transformation without wealth redistribution.

Maybe he's shunning the economically leftist talk to not raise too much opposition, but his moderation is worrisome. I'm glad he's not a fringe candidate anymore, but it seems like it's coming at the great cost of keeping the status quo.

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/AMLO-Privatization-Will-Go-To-The-Dust-Bin-Of-History-20180529-0015.html

he rejected nationalization of industry lol

that's the major reason why i supported him

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cardenism my fuckin' rear end

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

counterpoint

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 18:18 on May 30, 2018

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

toma picante

https://www.facebook.com/EvaluemosG...YfkP-Ww-rjfrltU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

lmao if you thought AMLO was going to nationalize anything, he'd get loving deposed or assassinated if he tried

as much as I'd like ~FULL COMMUNISM NOW~, AMLO getting elected is not going to achieve anything close to that

but hopefully his election will pull politics left-ward so that future governments can actually do some good for once in this hellhole of a country

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This worked greatly for Lula and Dilma here lol. Even if AMLO pussies out and compromises the oligarchy will still go out for his blood

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Plutonis posted:

This worked greatly for Lula and Dilma here lol. Even if AMLO pussies out and compromises the oligarchy will still go out for his blood
lula was pretty neoliberal in his own right, as well. i can't help but think obrador will disappoint

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Got my absentee package a couple days ago. Voting AMLO and PT all the way.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haha the founder and leader of the PT is my kind of guy

Wikipedia posted:

On 29 March 2009, the North Korean government's Korean Central News Agency reported Alberto Anaya's declaration of support for the North Korean regime.[1] On 12 September 2017, nine days after North Korea tested its first Hydrogen bomb[2] the North Korean government's Korean Central News Agency reported Alberto Anaya had sent greetings to Kim Jong Un claiming "The Korean people's heroic struggle for the country's sovereignty and the dignity of the nation and peace of the Korean Peninsula and the rest of the world serves as a model of all the revolutionaries and the progressive peoples struggling for global independence."

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Yeah that ballot sure ain't gonna be confusing at all, no siree :zenpop:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol i had already forgotten that encuentro social is in electoral alliance with the left

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao look at the WSJ crying crocodile tears over AMLO winning

Bad Mean Trump is causing latin american countries to pick leader who are not "aligned" with US interests.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-mexico-problem-1528054201

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

babypolis posted:

legit question: how is memes pronounced in Spanish? “Meh-mehs”?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think a lot of words are anglicized directly

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Frijolero posted:

Haha the founder and leader of the PT is my kind of guy

i know that dudes family as a friend of a friend of a friend kind of thing and they are obscenely rich off the party, so not exactly the best people

otoh the federal goverment basically set them a trap and now they could all go to jail unless amlo wins lol

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

legit question: how is memes pronounced in Spanish? “Meh-mehs”?

yeah like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

babypolis posted:

i know that dudes family as a friend of a friend of a friend kind of thing and they are obscenely rich off the party, so not exactly the best people

otoh the federal goverment basically set them a trap and now they could all go to jail unless amlo wins lol

literally every single mexican politician is a corrupt shithead

my dad had a couple of highschool friends who became bureaucrats

one of them went whole hog into the local PRI establishment and is obscenely rich now, even though he's only ever had bullshit administrative party jobs that aren't supposed to pay much. he could somehow afford a private plane on his party salary. truly mysterious where that money came from
:thunk:

the other is more of a bureaucrat type, he worked at a government agency for decades until he became director and spent most of his time refusing bribes and returning "gifts". the businessmen who wanted to get on his good side would literally deliver poo poo like TVs and thousand dollar wine bottles to his government office, openly, not even trying to hide it. once they figured out he wouldn't bend, they started threatening him and his family, until he loving had enough and quit his job and emigrated to the US

what im saying is everyone who goes into Mexican government or politics will be either consumed by corruption or driven out as soon as they get any real power