Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Can you take a picture of them after priming, before painting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
My 1250 point tournament Guard army:

More pics in the 40k thread.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Got done one leg. Oh boy, this is gonna take forever.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zuul the Cat posted:

Got done one leg. Oh boy, this is gonna take forever.

Woah that gold is phenomenal. Did you post the recipe already?

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Booyah- posted:

Those look great! Can you link the shapeways helmets?

Thanks.

Heads

I also got a wee pile of Blaster alternatives too though I ended up kitbashing so many out of pistols/reaver blasters that I haven’t needed to use any yet.

dexefiend posted:

Can you take a picture of them after priming, before painting?

Planning on it. But I certainly don’t see any obvious 3d printing lines yet.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Woah that gold is phenomenal. Did you post the recipe already?

Thanks! It's just the normal Spray Retributor Armor, Reikland Fleshshade Wash, Retributor Armor Drybrush, Auric Armor Gold highlight and Liberator Gold edge highlight.

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 25, 2018

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch in Terminator Armour

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Two Beans posted:

Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch in Terminator Armour

This is really cool. Love the cloak.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

This took me so long but my test wolf is killing it. Feels good.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Slowly but surely these Skitarii are coming together. Goal for the weekend is to finish them up: blue/green highlights, purity seals, finishing the bases, putting the white in the Admech logos, pinning, then varnishing!

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Finally finished my second squad of intercessors!

Onto more Intercessors, but in black!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Daaaaaamn.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Those are some sweet rear end big marines.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

bonds0097 posted:

drat fine fists.

Your pics of these have always made me double take since those clamps you hold bits in caught black undercoat so that they always look like they're red hot.

Artum fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 26, 2018

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

bonds0097 posted:

Love these Intercessors. Your Fists are great.

Duct Tape posted:

Slowly but surely these Skitarii are coming together. Goal for the weekend is to finish them up: blue/green highlights, purity seals, finishing the bases, putting the white in the Admech logos, pinning, then varnishing!

The blue on the arc rifle here is excellent.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

JBP posted:

This took me so long but my test wolf is killing it. Feels good.

Very nice, I like the very light grey here instead of the darker blue space wolves.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Built my Sorcerer for my Emperor's Children 40k stuff. Guess my 30k Librarian gets some helpful blessings at some point.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Just finished fist leviathan and contemptor #2. All the arms are magnetized of course.

All my big yellow bois:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So. Many. Edges.

Got this lad built, primed and mostly painted today.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

Just finished fist leviathan and contemptor #2. All the arms are magnetized of course.

All my big yellow bois:

Goddamn, man. This is great stuff!

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
My first Primaris Lamenters! My goal is to make a little battleforce of them before the Wolves codex comes out and I inevitably lose focus.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Kore_Fero posted:

My first Primaris Lamenters! My goal is to make a little battleforce of them before the Wolves codex comes out and I inevitably lose focus.

These are really, really cool. Nice clean paintjob.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Kore_Fero posted:

These guys look fantastic. Very effective and simple battle damage. And nice work on the shoulder pads!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kore_Fero posted:

These are gorgeous. Did you freehand that Chapter symbol? How long did it take you to paint that Aggressor?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kore_Fero posted:

Holy poo poo dude, great job!

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

These are gorgeous. Did you freehand that Chapter symbol? How long did it take you to paint that Aggressor?

Thanks for the complements everyone :) Gave me the kick to start on the second Intercessor squad and a Lieutenant. The Aggressor probably took about 6-8 hours of sitting down to do with most of the time spent on the yellow. He was the prototype for the paint scheme and the Intercessors where the first batch job. I have a little station set up so I can sit and spend 30m to 1hr painting when I have time (wet palette is amazing for being able to pick up where you left off). Eventually all the small sessions add up and produces a finished model.

The chapter symbols and squad markings are freehand (apart from the numerals which are transfers). I've had plenty of practice of painting chequered shoulder pads now. I wasn't sure I'd be able to paint the circle and heart and make them look consistent across the squad but it worked out. I made a lot of little corrections while painting the shoulders (again, wet palette is great for this!).

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

I loving love Badger stynylrez primers. they down so flat and dries so goddamn matte! some robobois before i do a zenithal pass on them because they're destined to be orange.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kore_Fero posted:

Thanks for the complements everyone :) Gave me the kick to start on the second Intercessor squad and a Lieutenant. The Aggressor probably took about 6-8 hours of sitting down to do with most of the time spent on the yellow. He was the prototype for the paint scheme and the Intercessors where the first batch job. I have a little station set up so I can sit and spend 30m to 1hr painting when I have time (wet palette is amazing for being able to pick up where you left off). Eventually all the small sessions add up and produces a finished model.

The chapter symbols and squad markings are freehand (apart from the numerals which are transfers). I've had plenty of practice of painting chequered shoulder pads now. I wasn't sure I'd be able to paint the circle and heart and make them look consistent across the squad but it worked out. I made a lot of little corrections while painting the shoulders (again, wet palette is great for this!).

That's awesome and amazing.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Why didnt i prime these grey and preshade white? whyyyy

after so many layers...

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I dunno man, that's a pretty neat look for them.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Got a Datasmith finished today:

Part of trying to knuckle down and clear out my backlog before going full ham on Necrons. As you can see, that's gone well:

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
It begins!

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bonds0097 posted:

It begins!

oh hell yeah, can't wait to see those

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The 2016 DOOM soundtrack has been particularly helpful in keeping me going. "The vegetables" (5 Intercessors) have had 14 hours of work put in them since I started 10 days ago, and right now the bone pieces are done while the purple pieces have been edge highlighted and had their first wash applied. After the second wash I can start to do detail work. The part that makes particularly happy is my speed; I'm a few hours ahead of where I was in previous builds. With the Knight codex coming in a few weeks my goal is to have these guys and a second HQ done before the codex releases.

Vegetables: Intercessor
Meat: Watch Master
Pudding: Stompy Robots

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Broke my fingers a month or so back. Finally getting back into painting.

Grendl Grendlsen, the new squat mercenary for Necromunda. Going pretty close to the official paintjob, but making him a redhead and changing the trim of his jacket to blue instead of red. Not sure if I'll do the hazard stripes on the hammer or not. My freehand tends to be around stinky baby level.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Cross posting:

Pendent posted:

I was struck by inspiration tonight and painted an entire new Captain model in a single sitting. The spear will be a "counts-as" thunderhammer in game. Looking at the pictures there's a bit of touchup work to do on the left shoulder but overall this is the best miniature I've ever painted. I just wish I had a better lighting setup for pictures.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
my beautiful orange robois

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

Cross posting:

What did you do for the spear blade? Looks great.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

What did you do for the spear blade? Looks great.

It's just Kantor Blue with a little Nuln Oil in the recesses and then a heavy drybrush of Praxeti White. I struggled for years to do power weapons before realizing this looks pretty decent for how little effort it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

Made it for the weekend. Even finished up my Tech-Priest Dominus! The weapons on the TPD and Skitarii Alpha are magnetized, as well as all the heads on all the Skitarii.