Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Wait is this the first time we've seen senshi with his helmet off? What a low-key reveal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Black Mage Knight posted:

Izutsumi continuing trend of providing best faces.

Also Laius you can't just try and count someones nipples. That's rude.

Ive got nipples Laius. Can you milk me?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Meme Emulator posted:

Ive got nipples Laius. Can you milk me?

that's a dangerous road, he would try.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Wait is this the first time we've seen senshi with his helmet off? What a low-key reveal

It happened before - he took it off when Laius borrowed it to block the stinging vines, but Chilchack wasn't there to see him without it

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Hahaha, "No one would get excited seeing a naked beastfolk anyway" - Marcille covers her up immediately, and then blindfolds Laius :allears:

I love the characters in this manga :allears:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, he's not excited in the usual way so she's mostly right.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
So... how many nipples DOES she have?

She looks like she was crossed with a standard piebald cat, but looking it up it seems domestic cats can have between four to ten nipples. I didn't know that was something that could vary so much within a species. Rule of Two says she should have two nipples per standard litter but magic means that might not reliable. Her body shape is mostly human, so that suggests two. Really, they should have just let him count.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

7c Nickel posted:

She looks like she was crossed with a standard piebald cat, but looking it up it seems domestic cats can have between four to ten nipples. I didn't know that was something that could vary so much within a species. Rule of Two says she should have two nipples per standard litter but magic means that might not reliable. Her body shape is mostly human, so that suggests two. Really, they should have just let him count.

I think we found Laius' forum account

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

He doesnt even have to count, he could just ask.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Guess you'll have to wait for the next Daydream Hour when Kui draws all the characters in Swimsuits and you can count the cats bikini tops.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Meme Emulator posted:

He doesnt even have to count, he could just ask.

you can not just ask someone how many nipples they have!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Brought To You By posted:

Guess you'll have to wait for the next Daydream Hour when Kui draws all the characters in Swimsuits and you can count the cats bikini tops.
She'll wear a competition swimsuit just to confound the issue.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Brought To You By posted:

Please, their swimsuits are the frog suits.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I am bumping this, the thread that gets bumped when a new Dungeon Meshi chapter is released.

44: Sheep berries! The new girl continues to be an rear end, but not enough of one to justify her last party strapping a magic time-bomb to her - I wonder what she did.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That’s definitely one of the most :stonk: food items so far.

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

I wish big oni girl stayed behind too because she is extremely good but also because I bet she'd be pretty down to eat crazy monster detritus with Laius and Senshi.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Shes cute.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well she's certainly adopted the attitude attributes of a cat, at least.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Having played Odin Sphere I was wondering when this would show up.

Barometz are just too perfect for the weird cuisine these guys get into to NOT happen.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Laius continues his trend of being the best at dog.

I am getting the impression that the non-human members of Team Japan weren't really there because they wanted to be, and it is more that they were kept as indentured servants.

I would guess that the curse Izutsumi had placed on her was due to trying to run and escape too much.

EDIT:

I think this might be my new favorite panel.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 18, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
izutsumi is not terribly trustworthy. she is a lazy, violent liar. if the goal was to make her useful rather than befriend her, a magic collar is kind of understandable. it's still pretty nasty though.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
https://twitter.com/bkub_comic/status/999997435609890816?s=19

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
bkub is the fuckin best

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
That's it. We've reached Peak Isekai. This is a manga where Vladimir PutinAlexander Purchinov is sick of riding on all manner of beasts and machines in our world, so he is overjoyed when he goes to another world and is able to ride on fantasy creatures.

rvm
May 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

That's it. We've reached Peak Isekai. This is a manga where Vladimir PutinAlexander Purchinov is sick of riding on all manner of beasts and machines in our world, so he is overjoyed when he goes to another world and is able to ride on fantasy creatures.

isekai.jpg

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dungeon Meshi!

Featuring the sudden appearance of ELVES!! God, they're kind of creepy! I like the one who looks a bit like Marcille but with a funny nose.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Yay, another chapter! Yay, more worldbuilding! Yay, backstories! Yay... elves...

I do like Sureau being relatively levelheaded about things and showing some reasonable suspicion. One of my favourite things about this manga is that it has remarkably little artificial stupidity or unlikeability. You might dislike or disagree with what some characters do, but they and their actions all feel believable and understandable on some level. Same with Kabru. He could've just been a snide, manipulative sociopath but there is clearly more to him.

Also polite smug black elf best elf.

And the flashbacks about Laius and his party's reputation were hilarious. Senshi<-??

And Laius is still pure gold.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

advokat posted:

Same with Kabru. He could've just been a snide, manipulative sociopath but there is clearly more to him.
He still kind of is considering the elaborate shadow game he's playing and his assassin-like skills. But of course now we have an explanation: he was partially raised by Elves :v:

It was also funny how most of them started goofing off/babying him once they knew who he was and how he immediately picked out their boss from that. Completely naturally even.

I appreciate how consistent his intelligence has been portrayed. He makes observations, tells us (via thought bubbles) what his deduction is, and his deductions are pretty accurate but not 100% accurate, IE Laius' party's motivations with 'mugging' them while giving them spirit charms and Falin's Chimera weakpoints.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I love the elf who was like "lol how are you an adult now when you were a kid just 15 years ago"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like Kabru a lot, he is a great foil to Laius. Like, his people oriented thinking isn't that far from the way Laius and his monster oriented thinking. Ryoko Kui does a good job showing how they think different from other's, like she never takes a shortcut when like showing their chains of logic. He just doesn't act like a weirdo as much as Laius, because he knows how to make people like him.

The new elves look pretty cool.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Man, Kui Ryoko is just killing it. This panel:

- Introduces a new adventuring party of high-minded elves, being interrupted by a rude arrival.
- Shows their internal group dynamic
- Shows how they relate to the world ( see how frightened and angry the locals are )
- Shows the character of each party member
- Hints at new worldbuilding through torn ears, fashion and tattoos
- Reinforces existing worldbuilding with monster trophies and fine food that the protagonists don't have
- Establishes location and moves the story forward.

All in one shot. That is some economical, gorgeous storytelling.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Remember when she gave us a taste of Kabru's horrific backstory and it was a single small panel with no text that was mostly just used as a punchline to a joke. She is the best.

I wish she had like a blog or a twitter or something, I could work at her designs of like different fantasy races all day.

Anyway tag yourself in that panel, I am the elf laying their head on the table.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

I wish she had like a blog or a twitter or something, I could work at her designs of like different fantasy races all day.

If you haven't read her short story collections, this is a reminder that you should do so.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Nipponophile posted:

If you haven't read her short story collections, this is a reminder that you should do so.

I read them all and yes, they are the best, everyone should check them out.
I love the one where they kids come up with the two different animal countries and their dark history.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm the elf that scoffs at your primitive human concept of modesty

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

I'm the scroll on the right. Single roll baby, that's all me.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

EponymousMrYar posted:

I'm the scroll on the right. Single roll baby, that's all me.

Im the dark elfs husband (off panel)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
im the cup that table-lying elf has knocked over

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I'm the chair the pixie haircut elf is sitting on, twice her size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Im the fairy crying after being cruelly snatched out of the air by the commander