Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Quoting as I buy said lottery ticket.

froome was over 100-1 for the overall this morning. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Can't work out whether I should feel immensely privileged or immensely cheated to have watched that.

Some of us like to enjoy our ignorance OK!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I feel Froome should have a 3 minute handicap before he even starts the tour. Today was something else, real or enhanced it was phenomenal.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

HappyCamperGL posted:

Why associate with such vermin?

Idk. They make good food I guess

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
Not normal, Pas normal.

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011

Smirr posted:

E: in before(?) "he'll win when Froome gets stripped of his title later this year"

He won't. Not because of his pending case, in any case, it'll have to be something else.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Turns out if you let the entire Sky team do no work on the front for a grand tour they can pick a stage and absolutely savage everyone on it.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Rojkir posted:

Not normal, Pas normal.

extra-terrestrial, you might say

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
In Froome’s extremely caveated defence, that stage was entirely Froome solo vs Dumoulin solo, and Tom voluntarily ceded a minute of time stupidly waiting for Reichenbach. Tom dragged the “group” he was riding in the entire way.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Dumoulin was probably thinking early on (like many of us) that there was no way Froome would stay away for 80km, or that at the very least Froome would not be able to get minutes-worth of advantage. So Dumoulin probably thought he would benefit from having allies to help limit his time losses.

In hindsight, should he have buried himself to stay in contact with Froome? It doesn't suit Dumoulin's style to immediately close down a gap, but unlike past his challengers, Froome can settle in to a solid TT rhythm after going into the red and also take time on descents as well.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
are grand tours back to normal yet?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

paperwind posted:

Dumoulin was probably thinking early on (like many of us) that there was no way Froome would stay away for 80km, or that at the very least Froome would not be able to get minutes-worth of advantage. So Dumoulin probably thought he would benefit from having allies to help limit his time losses.
Will it make a meaningful freshness difference for him tomorrow? If Froome is fresh, I don't see Dumoulin making an attack for 40s' gain.

Box Hill Strangler posted:

are grand tours back to normal yet?

No, the inhalers are way bigger and better now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
US Postal normal++.

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

Will it make a meaningful freshness difference for him tomorrow? If Froome is fresh, I don't see Dumoulin making an attack for 40s' gain.

Froome won't be fresh, but the rest of Sky will, having been in the grupetto for 80ish km, and Dumolin buried himself today as well for almost as long, so won't be easy to do anything. Still, have to ride the stage so there's some hope.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lmao :tif:

https://twitter.com/flobikes/status/1000111387169959937?s=21

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I've been pissed all day about Froome

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

It's going to be fun when he gets banned.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He'll keep the Giro win tho. The ban would affect the vuelta as thats where he tested positive and then start from the date its given out on.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
In other news, that Chaves tantrum story from last week seems bollocks, right? Dude seemed genuinely gutted after the stage yesterday.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

yates dropped on the first climb again. what an implosion.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is he sick or just completely burned?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'd guess he's just exhausted and has no motivation after yesterday. It turns out attacking on every single climb for the first two weeks might not have been the best idea.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

he says he's just been exhausted since the itt.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Glad it isn’t sky up front pacing it easy for Froome and letting the break go. He might not have recovered who knows

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Well at least Yates and Chaves can finally cross the finish line together again :unsmith:

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

rip yates, was he the one who won donostia-donostia klasikoa after greg van avermaet was murdered by a tv motorbike?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was Adam.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Big fan of the brass band playing in front of the Eurosport commentary box and refusing to go anywhere.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

anything that drowns out carlton kirby's inane witterings is a-ok in my book.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
A brass band makes a change from hearing the Colombian commentator lady in the background the entire time.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

RIP Thibaut. Just loving RIP

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Rips Pinot. Serves him right for being such a negative riding twat.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

HappyCamperGL posted:

anything that drowns out carlton kirby's inane witterings is a-ok in my book.

I usually watch the SBS coverage, so the Eurosport team are new for me, but God drat they are insufferable.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Mad Katter posted:

I usually watch the SBS coverage, so the Eurosport team are new for me, but God drat they are insufferable.

I get to choose between the German Eurosport feed with ad breaks and the British feed without ad breaks. I watch every single goddamn Alpecin ad with no regrets.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Smirr posted:

I get to choose between the German Eurosport feed with ad breaks and the British feed without ad breaks. I watch every single goddamn Alpecin ad with no regrets.

SBS didn't have Alpecin ads last year and I felt like I wasn't getting the full cycling broadcast experience.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

loving hell, "RIP" is just a figure of speech. Don't actually keel over and die :ohdear:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That is some A-grade road graffiti.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

goatface posted:

That is some A-grade road graffiti.

Repetitive 6/10

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was that sheer length of repetition that just starts being funny again though. Very modern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

no. bad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)