Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

100% constant chameleon was where my original playthrough got tedious... basically it was just an endless procession of one-hit kills on everything with my daedric crescent. I still dream about corpses flying off into the distance, not even realizing they're dead, screaming "Stoopid!" as they ragdoll away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Morrowind doesn't have knockback or ragdolls, those are false chim memories

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I thought you got those from caius when he got sent back to the main land for being a skooma addict

Nah he gives you a hair shirt

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ragdolls are the OpenMW killer app that will blow this thing wide open

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

drkeiscool posted:

what no no, they're travel-stained, which is much better than floating around in ancient poopy pants

m8, i dunno what u think those stains are, but...

Fake e; are there mods that let you poo poo and piss? Askinf for a friend

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Fuligin posted:

m8, i dunno what u think those stains are, but...

Fake e; are there mods that let you poo poo and piss? Askinf for a friend

Ground-in ash and corprus weepings. They're Peakstar's pants.

Also probably, I know Uvirith's Legacy has support for some kind of needs mod, though what I noticed was more focused around bathing. I imagine it's out there.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Is it true that MADD Leveler boosts your attributes with invisible magic effect boosts? Is this gonna cause problems when I get hit with damage attribute, even with the MCP?

Or is this an old version I'm reading about?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Eh gently caress it I'll just remove it and go with vanilla leveling from here on out.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Every time I see a bunch of replies I get hyped because I think a new OpenMW video was uploaded

So whats new with Tamriel Rebuilt

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Node posted:

Every time I see a bunch of replies I get hyped because I think a new OpenMW video was uploaded

So whats new with Tamriel Rebuilt

Early june because of quest testing

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Average Bear posted:

Is it true that MADD Leveler boosts your attributes with invisible magic effect boosts? Is this gonna cause problems when I get hit with damage attribute, even with the MCP?

Or is this an old version I'm reading about?

Yes and no, respectively. It used to be an issue because it would add attributes/skills as infinite duration fortify attribute/skill powers a la starting race bonuses and Morrowind had a bug where if an attribute that is being fortified also gets drained/damaged, restoring that attribute wouldn't bring it back to its original level.

However, Morrowind Code Patch fixed this bug in one of its recent iterations. And MADD Leveler has its own reset spell that fixes it too.

I like MADD leveler. It's my favorite of the leveling mods--it feels very much like vanilla+ leveling.

Edit: from the patch notes:

quote:

Restore/drain attributes fix. Restore attributes spells did not recognize Fortify effects when restoring. Restore attributes spells now restore up to your fully fortified amount.

Cantorsdust fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 26, 2018

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

fresh off the presses from yours truly
Expansion Rebalancing mods that make them not level 50 and more like level 30 because HP sponges aren't fun gameplay
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45713
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45714/

new this week (not by me)

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45694
climbing/dodging/sprinting/fatigue overhaul

Lua MWSE mods!
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45717
'npcs actually defend you'

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45710
dynamic difficulty scaling

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45712
followers warp to you when they get too far, compatible with everything

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45697
leveling/skill experience scaling mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45672
permadeath mod

morrowind modding owns, folks

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Morrowind modders are out of control

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

So I finally made it to Solstheim and holy poo poo people weren't kidding. I walk 5 steps and trip over like 10 bears.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

One thing I think Morrowind kind of lacks is fun fights with multiple enemies, you get entire flocks of cliff racers of course but that's not really cool, I want to have to deal with a giant room full of skeletons and a lich, cutting them down and finally having a good use for area of effect spells and heavy armor. The game encourages stealth and sniping and there aren't that many situations where I really got into a big rear end fight like that. Same with Skyrim, it would have been cool to just mow down like 20 skeletons at the same time with a broadsword, but that hardly ever happens.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Shibawanko posted:

One thing I think Morrowind kind of lacks is fun fights with multiple enemies, you get entire flocks of cliff racers of course but that's not really cool, I want to have to deal with a giant room full of skeletons and a lich, cutting them down and finally having a good use for area of effect spells and heavy armor. The game encourages stealth and sniping and there aren't that many situations where I really got into a big rear end fight like that. Same with Skyrim, it would have been cool to just mow down like 20 skeletons at the same time with a broadsword, but that hardly ever happens.

I got something like that going on in the UL 4 tomb battle, but only like 7 enemies. Want me to increase the low-level skeleton count?

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

I want to have to deal with a giant room full of skeletons and a lich

That's exactly what siege at firemoth is

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Stuporstar posted:

I got something like that going on in the UL 4 tomb battle, but only like 7 enemies. Want me to increase the low-level skeleton count?

Yeah that'd be cool. Skeletons are fun enemies. Are there any engine limitations to how big fights can be? It'd at least give you a good reason to have a couple of good destruction spells.

Flinger posted:

Oh poo poo I never tried that.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

fresh off the presses from yours truly
Expansion Rebalancing mods that make them not level 50 and more like level 30 because HP sponges aren't fun gameplay
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45713
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45714/

these sound really good and ill be giving them a shot my next playthrough, ty

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Flinger posted:

Beaten.

Shibawanko posted:

Oh poo poo I never tried that.
It's pretty bananas. You and some random bozos are taken to an island to fight off an entire undead army. I think I had to run away to get back to the mainland for more repair hammers because I'd worn my sword dull on their bones and they just kept coming.

edit: vvv Oh yeah, I forgot about the rat meat room!

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jun 1, 2018

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
A perfect place to refill on arrows and bonemeal. Oh, and rat meat, too. There's a room that's full of rat meat. Bring some cure disease potion.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I think I'm gonna illegally compile a bunch of morrowind texture and mesh mods to make a modern MGSO replacer

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What mod causes this greeting dialogue with EVERY CAT IN THE GAME

Vampire is my class name btw because that's what this playthrough is and I couldn't think of a name. Also my PC is male

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

On the upside this allowed a stoner co-worker of mine to spend months stealing every single pillow in the game to build a giant castle out of pillows.

It was truly impressive, more so because he wasn't cheating.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Way back in my original playthrough on the Xbox I did the same thing inside the abandoned manor in Mournhold. Pillows and candles.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I made my pillow house too.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Really who hasn't?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Average Bear posted:

What mod causes this greeting dialogue with EVERY CAT IN THE GAME

Vampire is my class name btw because that's what this playthrough is and I couldn't think of a name. Also my PC is male

What mods do you have active in your load order? That might help others narrow it down.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
https://youtu.be/gH8xzJcbgyo

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

:perfect:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

remove kejiit

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
What's the difference between "Morrowind Patch Project" and "Morrowind Code Patch?"
I ran into a quest where I did the thing right but it acted as if I had failed the quest and according to UESP MPP fixes it.

I'm not real interested in getting a shitload of mods but I want this to work correctly.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SniperWoreConverse posted:

What's the difference between "Morrowind Patch Project" and "Morrowind Code Patch?"
I ran into a quest where I did the thing right but it acted as if I had failed the quest and according to UESP MPP fixes it.

I'm not real interested in getting a shitload of mods but I want this to work correctly.

The Patch Project is focused on fixing issues with the Morrowind data files -- broken quests, floating objects, spelling mistakes, this kind of stuff.

The Core Patch, on the other hand, is about fixing issues in the Morrowind engine. Bugs and glitches in the code, rather than in the game data.

So they are different and complementary. Another way to look at it is that if you're using OpenMW, then you still need the Patch Project, but the Code Patch becomes moot (don't need it and can't use it).

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 5, 2018

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

don't use morrowind patch project

use patch for purists
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45096/

MPP has some questionable changes and doesn't fix nearly as many things as PfP, also its almost a decade old, PfP is still updated constantly

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
poo poo I installed the other one, will it be safe to dump it and put in p4p? When I loaded the other patch it gave a shitload of errors irt sleeper counts but I figured it'd work itself out

e: I was gonna just do it but now I guess I gotta log into nexus?
e2: after I installed it, it threw a shitload of errors, probably I'll just start over if I keep playing
e3: I turned off the steam cloud thing, uninstalled, and then reinstalled everything, and it seems like it breaks madd leveler so gently caress this

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 5, 2018

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Today, I finally got to experience the pleasure of running Morrowind on a deprecated MacOS system, through OpenMW. But, it was at work, so I got about as far as farming all the loot in and around Seyda Neen and blasting a couple mudcrabs with fireballs. Still, there's something strangely satisfying about using a Macbook interface to play. I could definitely get used to this.

If anyone has any big recommendations for addons or mods, let me know, but I may just end up doing a vanilla run with the OpenMW engine, to start.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Muffinwind is the true third expansion pack.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What mods do you have active in your load order? That might help others narrow it down.

For anyone who wants to help:

_001_ Morrowind.esm
    _002_ Tribunal.esm
    _003_ Bloodmoon.esm
    _004_ GDR_MasterFile.esm
    _005_ Rise of House Telvanni.esm
    _006_ Tamriel_Data.esm
    _007_ TR_Mainland.esm
    _008_ DN_Dwemer_Tileset.esm
    _009_ Patch for Purists.esm
    _010_ Better Robes.ESP
    _011_ DaedricArmor.esp
    _012_ DaedricArmorGod.ESP
    _013_ gr_ScriptImprovements.esp
    _014_ LGNPC_NoLore.esp
    _015_ Nasty Camonna Tong.esp
    _016_ Blasphemous Revenants.esp
    _017_ Magical Missions.ESP
    _018_ Holidays Across Tamriel - Vvardenfell.esp
    _019_ Antares Big Mod 7.63 .esp
    _020_ DD_Caldera_Expansion.esp
    _021_ The Key Mod.esp
    _022_ Lore Fix.esp
    _023_ Building Up Uvirith's Legacy1.1.ESP
    _024_ A Hermit's Request.esp
    _025_ Djangos Dialogue.ESP
    _026_ The Neverhalls.esp
    _027_ sm_ForgottenHalls.esp
    _028_ Face of the Hortator.esp
    _029_ XE Sky Variations.esp
    _030_ LowerFirstPersonSneak.ESP
    _031_ SpeechcraftBalance.ESP
    _032_ Books of Vvardenfell.esp
    _033_ Graphic Herbalism Tamriel_Data.esp
    _034_ Graphic Herbalism Tamriel_Data Extra.esp
    _035_ Vampire_Embrace.esp
    _036_ LGNPC_SeydaNeen.esp
    _037_ LGNPC_GnaarMok_v1_20.esp
    _038_ LGNPC_AldVelothi_v1_20.esp
    _039_ LGNPC_MaarGan.esp
    _040_ LGNPC_HlaOad.esp
    _041_ LGNPC_Aldruhn.esp
    _042_ LGNPC_Aldruhn_suppl.esp
    _043_ LGNPC_TelMora_v1_30.esp
    _044_ LGNPC_Khuul_v2_21.esp
    _045_ LGNPC_VivecFQ.esp
    _046_ LGNPC_TelUvirith.esp
    _047_ LGNPC_SecretMasters_v1_30.esp
    _048_ LGNPC_IndarysManor_v1_51.esp
    _049_ LGNPC_VivecRedoran.esp
    _050_ Khajiit Redone.esp
    _051_ LGNPC_PaxRedoran_v1_20.esp
    _052_ LGNPC_SoulSicknessPatch_v1_00.esp
    _053_ Uvirith's Legacy_3.53.esp
    _054_ Illuminated Order v1.0.esp
    _055_ UL_MWSE_Companions_v2.esp
    _056_ UL_3.5_RoHT_1.52_Add-on.esp
    _057_ UL_3.5_MWSE_Add-on.esp
    _058_ SN_Gold_v.3.0.esp
    _059_ TR_Factions.esp
    _060_ TR_Preview.esp
    _061_ TR_Travels.esp
    _062_ TR_Mainland_1709_hotfix4.esp
    _063_ TR_Mainland_1709_hotfix5.esp
    _064_ Fair Magicka Regen 2.0b.esp
    _065_ frostmoth_repaired_v0_31.esp
    _066_ KS_Julan_Ashlander Companion_2.0.esp
    *068* Vampiric Hunger Base.esp
    _067_ Vampire Auto-Blood Injector.esp
    _069_ Vampiric Hunger Extended.esp
    _070_ Vampiric Hunger MGE Addon for MGE 1.11+.esp
    _071_ Illuminated Order v1.0 - Bloodmoon Compatibility Extras.esp
    _072_ VGreetings-Flee.esp
    _073_ VGreetings-Idle.esp
    _074_ VGreetings-Attack.esp
    _075_ VGreetings.esp
    _076_ abotGuars.esp
    _077_ Illy's Solsteim Rumour Fix.esp
    _078_ DN-GDRv1.2.1.esp
    _079_ DN_Dwemer_Tileset_TR.esp
    _080_ Live Free.esp
    _081_ UL_3.5_TR_17.09_Add-on_DataV05.1.esp
    _082_ Official Add-Ons Patched 1.3.ESP
    _083_ Argonian Redone.esp
    _084_ DN_Adamantium.esp
    _085_ THTWG - Harder Version.esp
    _086_ Less_Generic_Tribunal.esp
    _087_ Better Clothes_v1.1_nac.esp
    _088_ More Better Clothes.ESP
    _089_ VoicedVivec.ESP
    _090_ YaketyYagrum.ESP
    _091_ veg-TotW-books-MSrestored.esp
    _092_ Vurt's BC Tree Replacer II.ESP
    _093_ aru_signs_en.esp
    _094_ PB_IngredientWeight.esp
    _095_ Dagoth Ur Fix-Tougher.esp
    _096_ PB_GondolierDestinations.esp
    _097_ PB_LegionUniforms.esp
    _098_ Syc_AtHomeAlchemy.esp
    _099_ Passive_Healthy_Wildlife.esp
    _100_ LeFemmArmor.esp
    _101_ VGreetings-Hit.esp
    _102_ VGreetings-Thief.esp
    _103_ Projectile Overhaul - All Modules.esp
    _104_ Flee AI Tweaks.esp
    _105_ DagonFel_Well_v2.esp
    _106_ Graphic Herbalism.esp
    _107_ DB_Attack_Mod.esp
    _108_ Robert's Bodies.ESP
    _109_ TotW_Completed.esp
    _110_ Graphic Herbalism Extra.esp
    _111_ Of Justice and Innocence.esp
    _112_ OJAI - Framerate Version.esp
    _113_ Sotha Sil Expanded.ESP
    _114_ shut up! v2.0.esp
    _115_ Nevena's Twin Lamps & Slave Hunters 1.5.esp
    _116_ Well.esp
    _117_ NighttimeDoorLocks-LD 1.1a.esp
    _118_ if_ashmelech.ESP
    _119_ mel_teleportPlugin_1_3.esp
    _120_ Talrivian's State-Based HP Mod v.2.2.esp
    _121_ UFR_v3dot2.esp

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Vavrek posted:

Muffinwind is the true third expansion pack.

I was seriously about to reinstall this. Is it still as fun as I remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Today, I finally got to experience the pleasure of running Morrowind on a deprecated MacOS system, through OpenMW. But, it was at work, so I got about as far as farming all the loot in and around Seyda Neen and blasting a couple mudcrabs with fireballs. Still, there's something strangely satisfying about using a Macbook interface to play. I could definitely get used to this.

If anyone has any big recommendations for addons or mods, let me know, but I may just end up doing a vanilla run with the OpenMW engine, to start.

Any of the mods that makes running not drain stamina is super nifty, and probably the only one I absolutely wouldn't go without.

MADD leveler or similar if you don't want to deal with vanilla leveling, though trying to max level gains is absolutely pointless.