Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
I'm the grumpy fist-fighting toad with a pipe, just left of bottom center.

E: Referring to this panel, for reference. https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-130-133-siege-of-yre/ And I would also accept the giant golden baby squinting at a dude levelling a chain-glaive at it, or the gentleman at the baby's feet with the throwing swords. There is no wrong answer here.

darthbob88 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Doc Hawkins posted:

Literally turn on your monitor.

e: tag yourself, I'm either the 8-foot-tall thurible-swinger who is also wearing one on his head, or the four-armed demon stealing three bags of gold and one grey housecat.

here did the thing

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm the massive lich fighting the chainsaw-poleaxe monks near bob's choices.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I am the grandpa dragon that clearly has no idea what the sam hill is going on.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Pureauthor posted:

I am the grandpa dragon that clearly has no idea what the sam hill is going on.

In a joke that no-one has ever made before, yeah, but where's Wally?

Seriously though, the amount of work that goes into a k6bd panel is amazing. Makes webcomic hacks like Diaz and the QC guy really look like the lazy hacks that they are.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I am the giant baby squeezing puny priest men

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Doc Hawkins posted:

e: tag yourself, I'm either the 8-foot-tall thurible-swinger who is also wearing one on his head, or the four-armed demon stealing three bags of gold and one grey housecat.

I am the rocks of the eternal shore; crash upon me and be broken.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Angrymog posted:

the QC guy

Who?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Jeff Jacks, the talentless hack behind Questionable Content. He does not belong in this thread.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Flesh Forge posted:

I am the giant baby squeezing puny priest men

Take better care of your warhams.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I am one of the foot soldiers getting murdered by demons. I have kids, I need this job.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Grendels Dad posted:

I am one of the foot soldiers getting murdered by demons. I have kids, I need this job.

I'm one of the battle tortoises. I don't know what's going on and why everything is so loud, but master wants me to go in that direction. Maybe I'll get some lettuce later. I like lettuce.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Jeff Jacks, the talentless hack behind Questionable Content. He does not belong in this thread.

lol, just lol if you think the inoffensive pablum that is QC is worth gettin’ mad about.

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
I'm Waldo

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

VanSandman posted:

lol, just lol if you think the inoffensive pablum that is QC is worth gettin’ mad about.

If I can't get mad about inoffensive froth, what am I even doing on the Internet?

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

VanSandman posted:

some guy posted:

Questionable Content is for people who fantasize about being quirky hipsters with problems.

“Wait, what? That’s a funny thing to fantasise about.” Well, it is and it isn’t – and in any case, the fantasising isn’t necessarily active. Questionable Content is such an appealing fantasy for, I think, two reasons: Firstly, it’s so loving mundane – meaning, it seems within reach; it’s close enough to reality that it’s easy for its readers to pretend it’s not a fantasy. “Oh my god,” they can say, “my friends and I are just like that.” But they’re not, of course – they’re not quite as cool, not quite as clever, and their problems are a lot more real.

Which leads us to reason number two: The characters in Questionable Content are so two-dimensional that their problems are not problems; their problems are loving meaningless – they have no weight; they are only burdens because the characters tell us so: we are told but we never observe. The point is: How nice, how appealing, to live in a world where problems are not problems. Instead, they are markings, like our hair or eye colour, or like a cool tattoo, that serve to make us identifiable in a crowd. Who wouldn’t want to live in a world where the worst you can expect from your serious mental illness is that it makes you kinda adorable."

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Herr Tog posted:

here did the thing

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Somebody's Mad on the Internet.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's me, I'm mad on the internet.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

your velcome

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is it much further, Papa Smurf?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's honestly a pretty weird comparison, they're completely different comics with completely different goals and audiences aside from being on the internet

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
But I personally do not like it, therefore it is complete and utter garbage that no one should ever enjoy!!! My tastes are the only correct tastes!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

But I personally do not like it, therefore it is complete and utter garbage that no one should ever enjoy!!! My tastes are the only correct tastes!

This, but unironically.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Lurdiak posted:

It's me, I'm mad on the internet.

Well yeah but that's just your gimmick.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Oh, the webcomic where the primary character is a "Nice Guy" that spent the first two years of the comic's run pining over some woman until he found out she'd attempted suicide because her dad committed suicide, so she was henceforth damaged goods and he started dating her boss and every other non-AI character in the comic is loving an AI?

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 1, 2018

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

I mean to be fair, every other character in the comic is a loving AI.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I figured saying "all of the characters are loving each other" didn't actually need to be said.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Jacques seems to have some serious transhumanist futurism stuff going on.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Discendo Vox posted:

Jacques seems to have some serious transhumanist futurism stuff going on.

In the sense that it gives him a boner.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hell, same.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Aging nerds terrified of their mortality, reality

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this is challenging, because every page of mister miracle #9 could go in one of the funny, badass, or touching threads. i think this requires the least context though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I couldn't put that in any of those threads because you know the very real place that the issue comes from. King probably sat around some hosed up tables in Iraq.

EDIT: It is pretty funny/bad rear end though. No loving doubt.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Honestly, to me, the most badass part of that sequence is the next page, with Scott curled up in a ball and shuddering because he just had to watch a dude get brutally murdered but couldn't afford to show any natural reaction in front of Kalibak.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Who was it that was killed? One of the prisoners being negotiated over?

...were they holding up the table or something?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Discendo Vox posted:

Who was it that was killed? One of the prisoners being negotiated over?

...were they holding up the table or something?

They were in fact table legs, yes.

Apokalips is not a nice place.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I really love the brief Kirby face panel.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
knowing they were the table legs why is the leg that was missing higher than it was before it was missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

They were in fact table legs, yes.

Apokalips is not a nice place.

OK, then what were the three panels immediately after the kill, especially the third with its visual errata?