Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I don’t have a walket I’m happy enough to to share with the thread, I offer art instead.

https://twitter.com/boltertokokoro/status/1000288372852588544?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.
Yes, yes, surely all the beautiful pictures will have sated the thread’s hunger so I can sneak some list chat in.

I’ve been mulling over what I’d change from my LGT army after the event based on how things went, given I’ve got two more 2-day events coming up in the next few months. My list was:

ARMY FACTIONS: Aeldari
TOTAL COMMAND POINTS: 9
TOTAL ARMY POINTS: 2000pts

Battalion Detachment, Craftworld Mara-Nai (Alaitoc Trait) [1485pts] +5CP
HQ1: Autarch (65pts), INDEX Avenger Shuriken Catapult (4pts), INDEX Banshee Mask 0pts, Forceshield (6pts), Star Glaive (6pts), Plasma Grenade (0pts) - [81pts]
HQ2: Farseer (110pts), Witchblade (0pts), Shuriken pistol (0pts) - [110pts]
Troop1: 5 Dire Avengers (40pts), Exarch (0pts), 4 Avenger Shuriken Catapults (16pts), Two Avenger Shuriken Catapults (Exarch, 8pts), 5 Plasma Grenades (0pts) - [64pts]
Troop2: 5 Dire Avengers (40pts), Exarch (0pts), 4 Avenger Shuriken Catapults (16pts), Two Avenger Shuriken Catapults (Exarch, 8pts), 5 Plasma Grenades (0pts) - [64pts]
Troop3: 10 Guardian Defenders (80pts), 10 Shuriken Catapults (0pts), 1 Heavy Weapon Platform (5pts), 1 Shuriken Cannon (10pts), 10 Plasma Grenades (0pts) - [95pts]
Troop4: 5 Ranger (60pts), 5 Ranger Long Rifle (0pts), 5 Shuriken Pistol (0pts) - [60pts]
HS1: 1 Fire Prism (155pts), 1 Shuriken Cannon (10pts), 1 Prism Cannon (0pts) - [165pts]
HS2: 1 Fire Prism (155pts), 1 Shuriken Cannon (10pts), 1 Prism Cannon (0pts) - [165pts]
Flyer1:1 Crimson Hunter Exarch (135pts), 2 Bright Lances (40pts), 1 Pulse Laser (0pts) - [175pts]
Flyer2:1 Hemlock Wraithfighter (200pts), 2 Heavy D-Scythes (0pts), Spirit Stones (10pts) - [210pts]
DT1: Wave Serpent (107pts), Twin Shuriken cannon (17pts), Shuriken Cannon (10pts) - [134pts]
DT2: Wave Serpent (107pts), Twin Bright Lance (40pts), Shuriken Cannon (10pts), Crystal Targeting Matrix (5pts) - [162pts]

Outrider Detachment, Craftworld Mara-Nai (Alaitoc Trait) [296pts] +1CP
HQ1: Spiritseer (65pts), Witch Staff (0pts), Shuriken Pistol (0pts) - [65pts]
FA1: 3 Shining Spears (54pts), Exarch (0pts), 3 Twin Shuriken catapults (15pts), 2 Laser Lance (16pts), 1 Star Lance (Exarch, 10pts) - [95pts]
FA2: 5 Swooping Hawks (30pts), Exarch (0pts) 4 Lasblasters (28pts), 1 Hawk’s Talon (Exarch, 10pts) - [68pts]
FA3: 5 Swooping Hawks (30pts), Exarch (0pts) 4 Lasblasters (28pts), 1 Hawk’s Talon (Exarch, 10pts) - [68pts]

Patrol Detachment, Kabal of the Black Heart [219pts] +0CP
HQ1:Archon (70pts) - WARLORD - Venom Blade (2pts), Splinter pistol (0pts), Artefact of Cruelty The Parasite's Kiss (0pts) - [72pts]
Troop1: 8 Kabalite Warriors (48pts), Sybarite (0pts), 7 Splinter Rifles (0pts), 1 Blaster (17pts) - [65pts]
DT1: Raider (65pts), Disintegrator Cannon (15pts), Chain Snares (2pts) - [82pts]

You didn’t have to pre-pick powers, but in most games I picked Doom and Mind War on the farseer, Embolden on the spiritseer to set up the combo and Jinx on the Hemlock, and obviously the black heart warlord trait.

Things that worked well
  • The army basically seemed to have game against everything. No game that I played did I feel like I couldn’t win.
  • Dark Eldar detachment was definitely a good choice. I used “Agents of Vect” less than I was expecting, but the warlord trait gained me a tonne of CP over the weekend, and the warriors in their boat did plenty of good objective grabbing/harrassment charging. Blaster warrior did keep embarrassingly missing, but that’s variance.
  • Planes are great, with the caveat that they are a bit vulnerable to hammer bois, and the UK meta has a lot of hammer bois and shield captains. I often only got one turn of goodness out of the Hemlock, but it usually was a *lot* of goodness, and took a lot of killing.
  • Two fire prisms seems like a good sweet spot - they sit at the back and punish anyone who brought a tank, while being able to change gears and go after infantry if needed.
  • Swooping hawks are exceptional in the meta right now, there’s a lot of T3 infantry around, and in the games where there isn’t any, there are often other at least somewhat decent targets like SM scouts and T5 vehicles. I often deployed them in table behind LOS blockers so i could use them from the off or to grab a T1 objective.

Things that worked less well
  • The Mind War combo is very high variance, and I’m not convinced I’d go for it in an event with pre-picking. It outright won me one game, but in others didn’t do the business and stopped me from probably doing more work by just casting smite. It also probably encourages over aggressive Hemlock play. This opinion may be skewed by the fact that I couldn’t roll psychic tests to save my life in several games.
  • Foot Autarch is underwhelming. I knew he was a weak link going into the event, and made sure to get the best use of him I could, and he did some work but not enough to justify his price.
  • Dire Avengers are just a bit overpriced, which is a shame because I love my blue bois, but recent infantry power creep has left them in the dust - they don’t look great in a world of 6pt Kabalites and 7pt fire warriors. Hoping for a price drop in this year’s CA.
  • The Wave Serpents did less work than usual - they’re at their best when bullying a tank line, and in the meta there aren’t many of those, and too much stuff that can trash them in melee.
  • In general I felt like I wanted slighty more anti-horde - horde is big right now, and I found myself looking at things like heavy 20 guns with lustful envy.

Based on that, and having done some numbers in battlescribe, i believe I would change the following:

Out
Foot autarch
One squad dire avengers
Lance wave serpent

In
Bike autarch with a lance (one of the big TOs in the UK doesn’t appear to allow index datasheets where there’s a codex one, so can’t get a fusion as well in that).
+10 guardians to their squad, who then deep strike.
+2 kabalites in their squad, with shredder and splinter cannon
Squad of five howling banshees
+ some vehicle upgrades with remaining points (or fusion gun on autarch where allowed).

Bike autarch is a no brainer - he’s much more mobile and thus able to character hunt as well as buff aura where needed.

I basically never got to shoot the guardians t1 anyway, bringing them in t2 in greater numbers should give me the ability to just delete something like a conscript blob when combined with doom.

Kabalites were great, adding the two extra weapons gives them spicy additional anti-horde punch.

Banshees help mitigate the loss of the wave serpent by being able to bully charge, and are better at it against Tau due to no overwatch.

The only matchup this feels like it weakens me against is Custodes - wave serpent charges locking down three bike units is critical in the matchup, and the serpent shields do incredible work. However, I think that’s a price I’m willing to pay for the better matchups elsewhere.

Sigh. Time to repaint some more guardians.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

One_Wing posted:

Things that worked well
[list]
[*] Planes are great, with the caveat that they are a bit vulnerable to hammer bois, and the UK meta has a lot of hammer bois and shield captains. I often only got one turn of goodness out of the Hemlock, but it usually was a *lot* of goodness, and took a lot of killing.

This is awesome and I love the mental image of a marine flying up and hammering planes into the ground.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

SteelMentor posted:

I don’t have a walket I’m happy enough to to share with the thread, I offer art instead.

https://twitter.com/boltertokokoro/status/1000288372852588544?s=21

I would play the MGS universe PMC marines.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

JBP posted:

I would play the MGS universe PMC marines.

We already have Ocelot in the form of Cypher, he just needs a stache and balding-with-length cut.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Rushing to finish my robots so I can do walker weekend too

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Apologies for the lack of walkers but I just finished my 2nd squad of intercessors for my Crimson Fists (pictured left) and am pretty happy about it.

For more shots of the new squad: https://imgur.com/a/j7AHn

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

bonds0097 posted:

Apologies for the lack of walkers but I just finished my 2nd squad of intercessors for my Crimson Fists (pictured left) and am pretty happy about it.

For more shots of the new squad: https://imgur.com/a/j7AHn

Very nice. I like the muted tones.

For this bank holiday walker weekend/ Here is the JackMack Dreadmob.

Goonpocalypse walker faceoff in the riverbed. The ork walkers are the creations of mekaniak -in -chief Raphus C. The knight constructed from C4 was Lord Twisted's. The G(M?)orkanaught in the distance is Zark the Damned's

Dreadmob in the swamp. About to receive a daemonic kicking from ZtD

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Walker Weekend:
1996 me was pretty damned proud of my amazing Black Legion Dreadnought with Power Scourge, Heavy Flamer, Plasma Cannon and a missile launcher that I can't remember.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I really hope the exorcist gets buffed/penitent engines become better solo when sisters get their codex in the far flung future, so that I may provide my own examples of mini mechs.

Elam Corbray lets hawks reroll hits of 1, are there any plasma marine mechs that could be hecka spooky with this?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I love primaris marines and I can't wait to paint more

TIMEWIZARD
May 18, 2018
Think there's any hope that all the new Imperial Knight stuff will have any chaos equivalent?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TIMEWIZARD posted:

Think there's any hope that all the new Imperial Knight stuff will have any chaos equivalent?

Rumours say not at this time no.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Serotonin posted:

Rushing to finish my robots so I can do walker weekend too

Do it!

Fuegan posted:

Whole lot of awesome walkers being posted. Keep it up!

Bonus can't walk content (Slithering Saturday?)

Save the xenos filth for Monster Monday! Great walker dudes.

JackMack posted:

Very nice. I like the muted tones.

For this bank holiday walker weekend/ Here is the JackMack Dreadmob.

Goonpocalypse walker faceoff in the riverbed. The ork walkers are the creations of mekaniak -in -chief Raphus C. The knight constructed from C4 was Lord Twisted's. The G(M?)orkanaught in the distance is Zark the Damned's

Dreadmob in the swamp. About to receive a daemonic kicking from ZtD

Love these on the WHW boards. I wish I had a board set-up here to take some pictures of stuff on terrain.

One_Wing posted:

Things that worked well
  • The army basically seemed to have game against everything. No game that I played did I feel like I couldn’t win.
  • Dark Eldar detachment was definitely a good choice. I used “Agents of Vect” less than I was expecting, but the warlord trait gained me a tonne of CP over the weekend, and the warriors in their boat did plenty of good objective grabbing/harrassment charging. Blaster warrior did keep embarrassingly missing, but that’s variance.
  • Planes are great, with the caveat that they are a bit vulnerable to hammer bois, and the UK meta has a lot of hammer bois and shield captains. I often only got one turn of goodness out of the Hemlock, but it usually was a *lot* of goodness, and took a lot of killing.
  • Two fire prisms seems like a good sweet spot - they sit at the back and punish anyone who brought a tank, while being able to change gears and go after infantry if needed.
  • Swooping hawks are exceptional in the meta right now, there’s a lot of T3 infantry around, and in the games where there isn’t any, there are often other at least somewhat decent targets like SM scouts and T5 vehicles. I often deployed them in table behind LOS blockers so i could use them from the off or to grab a T1 objective.

Things that worked less well
  • The Mind War combo is very high variance, and I’m not convinced I’d go for it in an event with pre-picking. It outright won me one game, but in others didn’t do the business and stopped me from probably doing more work by just casting smite. It also probably encourages over aggressive Hemlock play. This opinion may be skewed by the fact that I couldn’t roll psychic tests to save my life in several games.
  • Foot Autarch is underwhelming. I knew he was a weak link going into the event, and made sure to get the best use of him I could, and he did some work but not enough to justify his price.
  • Dire Avengers are just a bit overpriced, which is a shame because I love my blue bois, but recent infantry power creep has left them in the dust - they don’t look great in a world of 6pt Kabalites and 7pt fire warriors. Hoping for a price drop in this year’s CA.
  • The Wave Serpents did less work than usual - they’re at their best when bullying a tank line, and in the meta there aren’t many of those, and too much stuff that can trash them in melee.
  • In general I felt like I wanted slighty more anti-horde - horde is big right now, and I found myself looking at things like heavy 20 guns with lustful envy.

Based on that, and having done some numbers in battlescribe, i believe I would change the following:

Out
Foot autarch
One squad dire avengers
Lance wave serpent

In
Bike autarch with a lance (one of the big TOs in the UK doesn’t appear to allow index datasheets where there’s a codex one, so can’t get a fusion as well in that).
+10 guardians to their squad, who then deep strike.
+2 kabalites in their squad, with shredder and splinter cannon
Squad of five howling banshees
+ some vehicle upgrades with remaining points (or fusion gun on autarch where allowed).

Bike autarch is a no brainer - he’s much more mobile and thus able to character hunt as well as buff aura where needed.

I basically never got to shoot the guardians t1 anyway, bringing them in t2 in greater numbers should give me the ability to just delete something like a conscript blob when combined with doom.

Kabalites were great, adding the two extra weapons gives them spicy additional anti-horde punch.

Banshees help mitigate the loss of the wave serpent by being able to bully charge, and are better at it against Tau due to no overwatch.

The only matchup this feels like it weakens me against is Custodes - wave serpent charges locking down three bike units is critical in the matchup, and the serpent shields do incredible work. However, I think that’s a price I’m willing to pay for the better matchups elsewhere.

Sigh. Time to repaint some more guardians.

Good assessment. For my part my next two 2-dayers (excluding the doubles where I'm taking Ad Mech for a laff) are Battlefield Birmingham and GW Heat 3. Birmingham is using similar scoring to GT and I'm thinking of taking an Imperial list with hammer captains and a Guard brigade, to have a good answer to flyers and more ability to put a ton of obsec bodies on the board. I think DE struggle in that format. Conversely the GW event runs using the standard Eternal War missions where Drukhari excel.

Some more walkers for the walker god:

My regular Crimson Fists Dreads, including my oldest Dreadnought (right) and my ancient metal Dread:

The two plastic Dreads:

A Venerable Dreadnought. I really like the plasma cannon on this dude:

TIMEWIZARD
May 18, 2018

Artum posted:

Rumours say not at this time no.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'm loving all the Walker Weekend pics! Here are mine:

My earliest ones (that I still have anyway), Hellbats Marines including the Timberwolf class Venerable (may get used as a Contemptor variant if I ever play with these guys again)

Old timey Salamanders! I love these stubby little bastards. If I ever get around to it I have some RT Era Robots to add to the force (probably as Agressors given the scale...)

Lesser and Greater Idols of Gork from my Heretic Orkstartes. Hellbrute and Defiler in game. Lesser Idol is a Stonehaven Minis Stone Elemental.

Already posted recently but have another pic of my Looted Knight. Sorely tempted to make an army of these guys when the Knights book drops but for now it's a sole Renegade to ally with the above guys.

Babby Walkers! Now may actually useful again since their heavy nerfing in 7th, I haven't used them in 8th yet...

Deff Dreads bringing choppy and dakka

Mega Dread with kustom arms ('cause at the time I bought this I didn't like any of the official FW arms). Waiting for FW to remember these things exist so I can use it in a game sometime.

Kustom Meka Dread from a Dreadknight. Gun on the left arm is magnetised and can be swapped for a couple of other options.

Morkanaut. Biggest Orky thing I got pics of today (I have some Stompas but they are buried behind other stuff I couldn't be bother moving)

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Zark the Damned posted:

Kustom Meka Dread from a Dreadknight. Gun on the left arm is magnetised and can be swapped for a couple of other options.

That Meka Dread rocks! Your orkified imperial stuff is so cool.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
The Templars answer the call for Walker Weekend!

One of the first models I ever bought - probably when the plastic dread first came out. He's been in almost every game since. :3:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Hamshot posted:

A lot of good robots on this page, made me realize I never posted my helbrute! So, here he is!

Hellbrute's good, but you're letting yourself down with that unpainted Blight Drone.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm surprised by the lack of T'au suits. I mean, a lot of them are jumpy walkers but they have stompy walkers, too.

Here's a pair that I still have yet to finish.

Irate Tree fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 26, 2018

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

dexefiend posted:

More Walker Weekend

This is all I got that looks good.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Walker Weekend? Since I play White Scars I’m sorta lacking in that department, so I’ll post my son’s lobster instead.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Meet 8E-NN1 and 8J-0RN, from the ancient forge world of Ikea

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Hellbrute's good, but you're letting yourself down with that unpainted Blight Drone.

You should see what I moved off that shelf to take that photo! :eyepop:

OhDearGodNo posted:

Walker Weekend? Since I play White Scars I’m sorta lacking in that department, so I’ll post my son’s lobster instead.

That purple is ace! I'm always a fan of khorne stuff not done in default red'n'brass. Part of a custom warband/hellforge?

Hamshot fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 26, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Serotonin posted:

Now I really want there to be a Forge World Ikea.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Serotonin posted:

It's very bloody muddy in Ikea. I love these, nice work (also high five orange robot buddy).

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Walker weekend looks fun!

Armiger

Riptide

And this guy (still a Warham!)

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Sgt. Chronus as Warlord with Iron Resolve: Does the +1W and the 6+ FNP apply to him in a Predator or only as an infantry model?

I’m assuming it’s the latter?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Z the IVth posted:

Walker weekend looks fun!

Armiger

Riptide

These are awesome.

Procrastinating on the painting I'm meant to be doing to build some Necrons instead. God drat Necron Warrior legs are just one giant mould line.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

bonds0097 posted:

That Meka Dread rocks! Your orkified imperial stuff is so cool.

Cheers! I have a few more plans for looted things if I ever get around to them, plus some proper Blood Axes to crew them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Are there any cards for the stratagems in the rulebook?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Z the IVth posted:

🤔

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

It's literally a Warhammer ya goof.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Are there any cards for the stratagems in the rulebook?

All the racial datacard packs include the rulebook stratagems along with the codex specific ones.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That Warhammer is loving gorgeous.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

:orks101: Heresy!

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
I don't suppose there's any chance the knight codex is going to update the Forgeworld knights, or that they'll do their own re-balancing?

I've always loved the look of the lance and shield one.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Giant Isopod posted:

I don't suppose there's any chance the knight codex is going to update the Forgeworld knights, or that they'll do their own re-balancing?

It’s possible. They have rolled Forgeworld models into official Citadel kits/rules before (like the Trygon). Since they show a up-to-now Forgeworld-only weapon on their character model my guess is we’ll at least get a few translations.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Giant Isopod posted:

This is coming from a major heresy and forgeworld fan who has way more resin than sense.

Hahahahahahaha.

We havnt seen a single thing from FW since 8th started besides one FAQ and a points re balancing in chapter approved that wasnt even them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I'm sure the FW knights will be able to use the new stratagems, warlord traits, etc. That will probably add more depth than any points tweaks.

edit: supposedly this is a knight support structure for repairing and rearming:

and the other Armiger weapon:

xtothez fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 26, 2018