Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Battletech is the kinda game that benefits from doing a "i don't know what the gently caress im doing" tutorial playthrough then starting over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

incel simulator 2018

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Vasudus posted:

It was probably not the wisest thing to delete my campaign file. Whoops.

edit: my builds were all hosed anyway, at least now I know what I'm doing.

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/34

This is a good mod to skip some of the intro stuff with.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah I'm modding the game now. Just going with the mod that shows real hit chances, a tutorial skipper, less head injuries (meaning that getting hit for 3 damage from an MG when your armor is 100% doesn't injure your pilot) and the one that opens up the whole map after getting the Argo. I'm not touching anything balance related.

I didn't realize how the character skills worked, or that the Argo had a passive xp module you should build immediately (I lost out on an obscene amount of xp by now) and other poo poo. Like I had intended my PC to be a fire support duder, so I figured oh cool Tactics! Except I got the sensor lock ability, which I don't really want to use on my indirect fire guy, and ended up locking myself out of more useful things. It's not quite as bad as Oblivion where you never wanted to use the skills you actually planned for, but it's close. But now I know.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Modding feels like gamegenie poo poo to me but I don't begrudge anyone not willing to wait for updates

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah I was hesitant to do anything and the modding scene is still very young, but there's a quick and easy way to do it right now. It's not quite Steam Workshop level drag and drop, but it's good enough. The game is extremely, extremely mod friendly under the hood so in a few months poo poo is gonna get crazy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I just figure that you have a game, play it your way, it is your game, mod big tits on mechs if you want.

That probably exists and I don't want to go look for it.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Im ok with like, quality of life and skipping the tutorial poo poo, stuff like that, but people be like "oh yeah i doubled the damage of med lasers and gave them zero heat" or whatever seems a bit much. I mean who cares you make your own fun but it's not me

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I train all of my dudes bullwark first, then the first tactic skill, gunnery to 6 or so then get the second tactics skill. Being able to control initiative + bulwark is prolly the best skill combo in the game.

edit : ya all i've done is that tutorial skipper. i downloaded a lostech mod that gives a small chance for the base stuff from that one mission to appear but haven't bothered to install it yet. lot of lines to add to files.

ded fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 26, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's a mod that lets you pick custom portraits for your commander with a PNG of your choice so tits on a mech is just a few keystrokes away!

I don't bother with mods that don't work with MekTek and BTLM, which is mostly old ones made last month. The new mods that support them are just a JSON file + files you want to add/amend, so you can add/remove mods super easy without keeping track of what files you're modifying. Directly replacing game files is so launch day.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I'd do lostech poo poo. Idk just messing with weapon values seems like incredibly cheaty to me basically i guess is it. I trust hbs will do good poo poo regardless im in no rush. I have like uhh 200hrs into the game and haven't even finished it. Brilliant game really

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Here is a dumb stupid thing.

Monster hunter is a good game. There is a game like that called Dauntless that happens to be f2p and recently entered opened beta.

The queue to enter are like 90,000 people in front of you, check back whenever.

So someone modded the launcher to skip the queue.

All it took is bypass_queue = True

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What's the latest year any of you have played to in Stellaris?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I took over the entire galaxy as a Fanatical Purifier around 2590.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Whatever year I get to until i piss someone off with like 10x more fleet points than me but I always play space hippies. I don't like being aggressive space jerks and like to explore :unsmith:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
oh hey catapults come in a dual ppc version

who knew

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Switch em out for auto cannons :twisted:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

What's the latest year any of you have played to in Stellaris?

Whenever it was that I got flattened by the not-zerg the first game I played back in v1.00

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Vasudus posted:

oh hey catapults come in a dual ppc version

who knew

I'm rolling twin ppc and twin m lasers on one of my thunderbolts

It's pretty dope

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

mods change my name posted:

This. I get more usage from auto cannons than PPC's due to heat

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
unfortunately it was a bad ending for 'who knew'

had one pop up unidentified, saw it was a catapult, tried to get close, whoopsie those aren't LRM racks

ole' behemoth lost an arm for that one

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

I don't like being aggressive space jerks and like to explore :unsmith:

ladies and gentlemens, i present to you

the duality of man

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the duality of man

This is a good post

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The experimental subspace navigation thing they added in the most-recent Stellaris patch is extremely good.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is there a failure rate to it? I'm surprised I've had no accidents yet.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Maybe? I haven't had one. All I know is that it's addressed one of my major gripes about going to a hyperlane only FTL system.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

the duality of man

If i could just make all the robots be friends I would but they keep shooting me i try to hug them and blow them kisses but they go boom :(

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ive been running 1vsquad in like 95% of my matches for the last couple months since the group i played with on the reg lost interest. ive managed to get myself ~1900 rank by being a complete coward while working towards a top 10 spot and occasionally killing afkers or bad/weak teams

tonight wasnt much different, until i decided to run with a vss/vector comedy option combo. the pubg gods finally smiled upon me as the final circle was in the woods north of mansion, which is where i began, and finished, my dark task

final firefight was 2v1 and i did some real highspeed poo poo to come out on top

this is the high water mark for me fellas

ps i play on a 50" lcd tv using wireless k&m on a lapboard :pcgaming:

:getin:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Godamnit I love you Haji

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

i usually dont like posting long gameplay clips, but i feel the slow first half really builds some good tension that pays off when i start doing gangster poo poo*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCKWUZKlN60

* gangster poo poo for me, this is usually the kind of boner move i pull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j44lhKd3-I

:peanut:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am doing considerably better despite having worse mechs by quite a bit in my new playthrough. Running a Centurion w/ an AC5 and two SRM6s, a Vindicator, a Shadow Hawk, and a Wolverine. Now that my pilots aren't built horribly and I'm building mechs differently things are pretty good. Hopefully I can break into the Heavy range in a few hours.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

sen's fortress can eat my entire rear end in a top hat

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

sen's fortress can eat my entire rear end in a top hat

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Realized that I had the map unlocked so I've been jumping around exploring. Realized I was going hella broke, settled on some rando Restoration world I haven't been at yet.

2.5 skulls! I've only got one heavy but sure!

Maximum salvage: 5/22

:thunk:

Game trying to kill me.

edit: or it could be a Hunchback, a Shadow Hawk and some tanks. But hey, at least I got 2 Hunchback parts and a DFA damage reducer mod!

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 28, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GIANTS

GIANTS

GIANTS

BECOME UNSTOPPABLE

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

what rings you got bicth

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Running Glitch in a Cataphract with two PPC+ (+2 accuracy), jumpjets, max armor, and a boatload of heatsinks.

Encounter two pirate Hunchbacks.

Do a multishot because the PPC can punch through the lovely armor, target right torso.

Glitch yells "two targets, two headshots!"

Proceeds to get two headshots.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Running Glitch in a Cataphract with two PPC+ (+2 accuracy), jumpjets, max armor, and a boatload of heatsinks.

Encounter two pirate Hunchbacks.

Do a multishot because the PPC can punch through the lovely armor, target right torso.

Glitch yells "two targets, two headshots!"

Proceeds to get two headshots.

:stare:

there is nothing abnormal about this FYI