Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Are you okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Jenny Agutter posted:

*proceeds to describe himself doing exactly the behavior the previous poster was worried about*
That's not the same thing, though. The poster was referring to 'sealclubbing', where vets cruise through starter zones on a warship and harass the new guys. But you've got more to worry about from other new guys.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 23, 2018

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Think I'm gunna pass. That "Raft" game looks more my speed.

Kopitar
May 21, 2009
Trying this out, there's no US East server though, where is everyone at?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Kopitar posted:

Trying this out, there's no US East server though, where is everyone at?

Capitula or something?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

US01: Capulca

https://wa.glitch.me/

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So just going to throw this post out there..

Looks like there won't be a wipe for at least 4 or more months now maybe longer. If there was ever a time to play it's now. Couple reasons for this.

1) First round of alliance grouping goes in the game in about 2 weeks. This means we have guild tags, etc.
2) They have a major fix for reducing rubber banding which is going in probably around the same time.
3) All the stupid die over and over stuff will get fixed soon with the reviver charge change.
4) MAJOR ONE, with the release of EA, for whatever reason people see it as more done or whatever. What this means for us is that even late at night there are 1200 people playing. Capulca is listed as HIGH population and you literally can't not run into multiple ships every 5 minutes. We've been in fight after fight after fight. Population for WA on steam is over 1500 at peak times now.

Here is where you come in. We need more people to crew up with. You don't really need to start and farm though you should progress a main character being that the next wipe won't be for months. Basically we can make ships and go fight people. This game is ripe for griefing more so than any other salt inducing game for pubbies. It's full PvP from the start.. and the devs don't seem like they have any intention to change this. The best pvpers are basically not very good. At the top of the "Coming Soon" list is territory control. We need to start making a name for ourselves now.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Also the game gives you three characters per account. They havent added crew respawners yet, but there are no levels in the game, so you can throw your extra characters on someone elses ship and log in when they do to crew just as effectively as a main.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Amazon still has founders keys available if you like having exclusive cosmetics when you grief pubbies: https://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Adrift-Wanderer-Founders-Online/dp/B076H25XBR

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I own a founders pack (I won it in a giveaway), but I never played the game. Did I miss out on any cool cosmetics or rewards or whatever?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I keep saying this was amusing in the alpha but more as a physics toy, not something t on plonk $25 on.

So what I'm saying is, I'll take that pack off your hands. :-)

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Me and a buddy just tried our first storm wall, tried making a big submarine but ran out of weight capacity for metal plates so it had quite a few holes, but we covered the engines at least. He got blown off while we were flying and the core was damaged. He had all the repair materials but I managed to sink the boat just on the other side so when I tried spawning to the nearest I made it through. He didn't though, and I guess you can't use a crew beacon to get to a zone past the storm walls which really suck.

Anyone have any tips for flying through that thing? We had to try 3 times cause it kept flipping us back around where we came from. We don't have a compass yet either.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
try again mostly, you seem to have the right idea in general. just build a compact shielded bullet of a ship w beefy engines (and engine casings lmao) and try punch through

try finding a compass and other instruments first tho, they should be in tier 2 areas iirc

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Anyone have any tips for flying through that thing?
Which parts are struck by lightning is purely random so if you put a ton of bar pipes anywhere on your ship they will act as lightning rods.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Jackard posted:

Which parts are struck by lightning is purely random so if you put a ton of bar pipes anywhere on your ship they will act as lightning rods.

I suggest the top or bottom so that they fall off without getting caught in your ship. Although now that I think of it, they may have changed it so they only take out panels or something instead of causing a chain reaction of death.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Took me way too long to get through the first wind wall because I was attempting the storm wall. FML. 18 hours in and I was like, fuuuuck. Strapped 4 engines, 4 wings, lightweight and the first wind wall was child's play.

I'm assuming I need not "scrub level" engines to get through the storm wall right? Atlas core upgrades necessary? Because I'm a long way off.

I assume the OP is outdated, any groups happening? I'm on the Calpulca server FFIW.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I assume the OP is outdated, any groups happening? I'm on the Calpulca server FFIW.
Still has the right discord. You chose the right server.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Each wall seems to have a general weight area which makes it easier. If you are below this even with high power engines and wings you will still get thrown around horribly. Weights above the ones below make it easier and the heavier you are the less you get thrown around.

From experience:
Wind - 1000+
Storm - 1800+
Sand - 2500+

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Jackard posted:

Still has the right discord. You chose the right server.

Good news. I'll be on in a day or so. I met a nice dude who upgraded my sky core to the max and gave me some wings. Too bad it was on my throw away ship. Now I gotta keep it around. Or.... is there a way to just dump the frame and strip the parts and throw them on a new frame? I'm guessing parts ownership doesn't matter if I toss everything on the floor?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Yea you can do exactly that when docked, there is a salvage deck/frame option once all parts are removed. Throw the parts midair so there is less chance of them glitching through the island surface.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
Is there any actual content in this game yet?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Yes there’s more now like jump puzzles and other goofy poo poo.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Hasselblad posted:

Is there any actual content in this game yet?

"Content" in WA has always been a sufficient quantity of other players with which to engage in "emergent game play" as the rest of the game is and will likely remain nothing more than a box hunt to pull schematics out and pray that they aren't complete trash - which they almost always are.

As long as a sufficient number of people are playing and PvP is easy to find, the game is fun, but if you spend a night looking for a fight and not getting it - the game loses all purpose.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

http://steamcharts.com/app/322780

Population has never been better. Our discord doesn't have a regular crew yet so in the meantime I've been linking people to an allied discord to fill the gaps.

My main learned some important schematics last night, including gliders. Almost ready to leave this endgame sector.

In-game guilds should be coming in about two weeks.

Mapping guild has almost finished the new world https://jerodar.github.io/WAMap/

Jackard fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 31, 2018

Spartehcus
Sep 18, 2007
I'm Spartehcus!
I'm really excited to play this game with other people who like to make pubbies cry.

Discord name: BOSS

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Jackard posted:

Yea you can do exactly that when docked, there is a salvage deck/frame option once all parts are removed. Throw the parts midair so there is less chance of them glitching through the island surface.

Cool. I totally forgot that the bubble would disappear, so I slightly freaked when I didn't have enough mats for what I wanted to build and a dude rolled up and sat down watching me while a nearby bubble started encompassing half of my crap. Luckily I was able to pop up a smaller ship and move my stuff over, and everyone was friendly and cool anyway. Someone drug a gun over that they couldn't fit and told me to take it, so that was cool and good. Yesterday someone gave me a ton of core upgrades. I must say, once you get out of the new area people are way chill.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Will be pvping tonight at 8pm EST. Get in discord if you are interested.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

forge posted:

Will be pvping tonight at 8pm EST. Get in discord if you are interested.

Where is your main hang out place? I'm ill equipped to transverse the storm walls at the moment but I need a goal so I can join up in the future. Also, what's the quickest way to gain knowledge? I seem to be moving at a slow pace. 22-24 hours and I finally got enough for my first atlas core upgrade.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
No reason to speed anything along.. You just go island to island and get chests and hopefully loot the cores instead of spending time. But me and Jackard built a sail boat and flew into T4 in the second day I think. So our knowledge and schematic gains were not exactly normal.

I had several characters all over, but I've currently brought them all back into a T2 area so people can beacon to us for pvp. I would imagine living in T2 for a while since there is more action to be had there. I'm also going to possibly build a ship with like 10 100+ power engines over the weekend and test hit and run stuff and designs.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
Hi i posted, also i am gay and adadad is my dad and ish brosef is my mom and i like tranny's also invite me to LLJK in GTAV tia

***BUMP***

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Game still has plenty of good content.

Best part:

This is pubbies fighting among each other after after a goon made one of their ships ram the other.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Joined up with the rest of youzzz. Pretty chill.
Get on that discord tonight yall.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
More action, more dead. Really cant even avoid people, which is odd now. We go to most islands and there are 1-2 ships around them.. Pretty crazy. So far alot of ships sunk plenty of dumb people attack us because wood paneling gets them everytime. BAITSHIP.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

forge posted:

More action, more dead. Really cant even avoid people, which is odd now. We go to most islands and there are 1-2 ships around them.. Pretty crazy. So far alot of ships sunk plenty of dumb people attack us because wood paneling gets them everytime. BAITSHIP.

Yeah man. Right after you left some dude started taking off with our ship, and he was driving it straight down into the abyss. Adadad and I were able to kill him and take the ship back. For whatever reason it took forever since our bullets were not working correctly.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

This game has definitely had a change of pace from previous alphas. In the past we could maybe get a fight or two a night - yesterday we tried to remember how many ships we had killed.....and we had lost track.

Plus we're actually being "nice" and letting newb ships go...

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 4, 2018

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

FileNotFound posted:

This game has definitely had a change of pace from previous alphas. In the past we could maybe get a fight or two a night - yesterday we tried to remember how many ships we had killed.....and we had lost track.

Plus we're actually being "nice" and letting newb ships go...

Aww man, I wasn't able to get on yesterday. Saturday was pretty good with all the killin too. Its ridiculous.
Which one of you is Adadad? I assume you?

Also if I sound a bit out of it or dopey on Discord its because I'm dealing with some medial issues where I'm dizzy and have a hard time focusing and the doctors don't know WTF right at this moment. They just think its stress and a need of a change of diet. I've done what I can on my end and got another appt this weekend. Anyway, more killing to be had. Anyone going to be on tonight?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
You need to lay off the cheetos and mountain dew. Obviously...

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
loving up that one boat was good then the surprise attack from the other boat signaled our doom. Was fun but we need some more organization since no one seemed to know what was going on like protecting the bank boat

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

barkbell posted:

loving up that one boat was good then the surprise attack from the other boat signaled our doom. Was fun but we need some more organization since no one seemed to know what was going on like protecting the bank boat

Yeah organization could be better - like not flying away with the boat with all the respawners after people crew-beaconed over and leaving the group split up across islands...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Shotgun ship was funny.

xanif fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 5, 2018