Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Bale ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

EvilHawk posted:

Yeah I'm getting a bit lost between the gin and all the hot takes in here. Lovren's been fine for most of the season but he is limited, I don't think I'd ever be comfortable calling him world class but as a third or fourth choice he'd be absolutely fine.

I suppose the good news about this game is it's really highlighted what we need to improve for the summer. Another choice up front, midfield reinforcements (/replacements for Can), and two new keepers.
I mean, are there better CB's than Lovren? Ya of course, but I think its pretty clear now more than ever that there are bigger needs than CB. Truthfully I'm not sure what the status of our young CB's is, if anyone is ready to step up?

I can't stop watching the Karius howlers, there are just no words. The first one actually bothers me more, I just have no idea what the gently caress he is doing.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Ronald apparently just said in an interview he’s going to leave Madrid

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Dias posted:

I guess Liverpool is about to pay Real Madrid Money for Alisson.

Alisson and/or Butland if the rumours are to be belived

Guess which one we'll actually get

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

EvilHawk posted:

You watched the Roma legs right?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

EvilHawk posted:

Hopefully neither

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Gorn Myson posted:

I'm a Liverpool fan and we lost because our goalkeeper shat the bed
We lost because Madrid were all over us in the second half and everyone in the team lost their heads as soon as Salah went off. There were so many times between the 25th-85th minute when Liverpool could have tried to counter or compress space, except they couldn't play directly enough or with a high enough tempo to try and create chances.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Tzen posted:

Holy mother gently caress

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

an_mutt posted:

We lost because Madrid were all over us in the second half and everyone in the team lost their heads as soon as Salah went off. There were so many times between the 25th-85th minute when Liverpool could have tried to counter or compress space, except they couldn't play directly enough or with a high enough tempo to try and create chances.
Liverpool have a great starting 10 (see what I did there?) and pretty miserable bench options. Its not a deep squad. We played well for losing our Golden Boot winner 25 minutes in.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Somehow Karius turned in a worse CL performance than Jens Lehmann.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

cheese posted:

I mean, are there better CB's than Lovren? Ya of course, but I think its pretty clear now more than ever that there are bigger needs than CB. Truthfully I'm not sure what the status of our young CB's is, if anyone is ready to step up?

It's something I've been thinking about a lot recently (because I have a lot of free time at work). One of the Liverpool Echo journos (can't remember which, not Pearcey) is absolutely convinced that we'll go in to next season with VVD and Gomez as our first choice which I don't really believe. There is also rumours that Klavan has some serious injury problem that is going to force his retirement from the international team in the summer and possibly end his career. Currently our depth is:

VVD-Lovren
Matip-Klavan
Gomez

Matip hasn't looked good this season so I wouldn't be surprised if we sold him tbh. If him and Klavan go then we need at least one, probably two defenders and I don't think there's another kid that can step up. By the sounds of it we're interested in Lascelles and Tarkowski so maybe we'll get both and see if either are better than Lovren?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

poty posted:

Ronald apparently just said in an interview he’s going to leave Madrid

where did you see this

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Alisson is pretty whatever, yeah. Never really understood the hype, but all of a sudden he became first choice keeper for Brazil and well, here we are now.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

where did you see this

https://twitter.com/dermotmcorrigan/status/1000478780400562177

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Actually thinking about did I read recently that Alisson was signing a new contract and upping his release clause?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Dias posted:

Alisson is pretty whatever, yeah. Never really understood the hype, but all of a sudden he became first choice keeper for Brazil and well, here we are now.
If we are going to spend 50m on a "next 8+ years" keeper then I'd rather it not be the guy we put 7 goals past over a CL tie. That was the most I've watched of him this season and nothing he did screamed world class.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

EvilHawk posted:

butland is not good lol

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

sorry does ramos have an actual fash eagle on his neck

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

if ronald has decided to elave european football while he's still at the peak of his game thats extremely respectable just imo

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Jose posted:

butland is not good lol

No he's not and I don't want to have an England keeper either

Also lol at Ronaldo still somehow making this final about him if he does leave, despite doing nothing

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

an_mutt posted:

I miswrote most of what I was trying to say because I was phone typing, but I was attempting to say that even as a Liverpool fan, I thought it was hilarious because of Karius' well overdue gently caress ups and because Big Ron's Big Moment was stopped by a very lame pitch invasion that ended the match.

So like whatever you said might be true but that stuff wasn't funny, it was just standard football.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

alisson is a girls name

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Dias posted:

Unless I'm forgetting someone good, I think "first choice keeper for Brazil" has not been very impressive since Taffarel.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

alisson is a girls name

:chloe:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

where did you see this

https://en.as.com/en/2018/05/26/football/1527368223_120913.html

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Antares posted:

sorry does ramos have an actual fash eagle on his neck

I think this every time I see it, too.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Ronaldo is old and washed up and someone is going to vastly over pay for Bale considering the performance before he breaks again and turns into a pumpkin

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 26, 2018

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Well, that sucked a lot. I can't even be mad because I feel like I watched an otherwise inoffensive man have a mental breakdown in front of millions of people.

I don't know what happens to Karius now, but I can't see anything good.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Waroduce posted:

Ronaldo is old and washed up and someone is going to fastly over pay for Bale considering the performance before he breaks again and turns into a pumpkin

He was poo poo all game. Alexander-Arnold should have been marking Karius instead.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Liverpool should loan Fabianski for a year.

We can borrow Harry Wilson in return.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

sassassin posted:

Liverpool should loan Fabianski for a year.

We can borrow Harry Wilson in return.

Wasnt he already going to Dortmund?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Liverpool should put in an offer for Ronaldo, I think he’s available

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Liverpool should put in an offer for Ronaldo, I think he’s available

He is going to the better Real

Real Salt Lake

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I didn't care for either team but what Ramos did to Salah was unbelievable

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Ronaldo's best two pieces of work tonight chasing the ball down the left wing and then laying it off to somebody in the middle. I'm pretty sure you don't need to pay his wages to find somebody who can do that for you. He looks a step too slow and over the hill.

Apart from the single attacking run and cut in with shot from the right-wing in the first half he did not look like anything special

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 44 goals this season.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

peanut- posted:

Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 44 goals this season.

Ronaldo scored 44 goals in a league full of jokes and has literally exactly 4 games on the yearly Liga schedule he needs to put effort into Atleti and Barca. I'd like to see him do it on a cold rainy windy Tuesday night in Stoke again op

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Liverpoo :negative:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Lol at the two goal keeping errors, just knew everyone was waiting for my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Turns out Ramos had it all planned out

https://twitter.com/68Bor/status/1000484828662427648

• Locked thread