Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Sometimes it makes him sound like James Earl Jones, other times it makes him sound like Richard Epcar. Really, he's just testing out which voice makes him sound the most intimidating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Sssavages.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cythereal posted:

We also know that primals were a serious issue during Allag's time, and I think it's been strongly implied that the Garleans encountered a lot of Allagan magitek early on so they presumably know all about Allag's experiences with primals.

For that matter, I think it's likely that the Empire fought primals when securing its own continent. I don't recall hearing much about Garlemald itself, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Garleans encountered and fought primals summoned by locals on their home continent before the Garleans sought out other lands to conquer.

It’s not just implied - it’s how they went from being the most pathetic humanoid race on Hydaelyn to an unstoppable military juggernaut. Solus zos Galvus was really, really good at reverse-engineering Allagan magitek.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
They probably had help from the Ascians to accomplish reverse-engineering Allagan tech anyway, if we're being honest. For instance, maybe a hundred years gamble by them to teach about Allag in the hopes that Garlemald will cause a Calamity just like Allag. And, well, Garlemald did with Nael van Darnus. A century is a drop in the bucket for them, after all.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Ither posted:

What is with "my power, my pleasure, my pain"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMCR66zjZo

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Gfdi i'm so mad i didn't get this.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I feel embarrassed to know that someone had to write this chart.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
It would be funny if the main reason My Power, My Pleasure, My Pain even exists is to sneak in the confirmation that Lea Monde was in fact a thing in the FFXIV world.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

MechaX posted:

It would be funny if the main reason My Power, My Pleasure, My Pain even exists is to sneak in the confirmation that Lea Monde was in fact a thing in the FFXIV world.

lol if it's not the 3rd tier raid

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Presuming the raid would include these two as bosses, the achievement for completing Lea Monde could be Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cancel the FFVII remake and spend all funds to make Vagrant Story 2, also prohibit Nomura from touching it.

isk posted:

Presuming the raid would include these two as bosses, the achievement for completing Lea Monde could be Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead

Müllenkamp for the next Primal.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 26, 2018

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Elentor posted:

Cancel the FFVII remake and spend all funds to make Vagrant Story 2, also prohibit Nomura from touching it.

If you want to make it good you would have to prohibit Matsuno from touching it, too.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I saw them mention the IVth legion, I hope that means we do a hard swerve and it's Tower of Zot.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ither posted:

What is with "my power, my pleasure, my pain"?

Why is it needed to unlock the Ridorana Lighthouse?

After 3.0, it seems like all the bad writers got shuffled off to the 24 raid content.

It'sa goofy (and much faster) redo of the Titan questline in a bit of self deprecating humor and it ends early because Hancock shows up and just tells you the loving lie cause it's easier and faster. and it kind of owns.

It's also named after the best Seal song so 10/10 quests IMO.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Elentor posted:

:yeah:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It'sa goofy (and much faster) redo of the Titan questline in a bit of self deprecating humor and it ends early because Hancock shows up and just tells you the loving lie cause it's easier and faster. and it kind of owns.

Hancock is pretty great and I am dying to know what he is like on the Japanese side.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Hancock is pretty great and I am dying to know what he is like on the Japanese side.

Same. I hope he's literally Rawhide Kobayashi.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

During PAX last year, Koji went into Hancock's character. I believe he said something to the effect of him being "the foreigner" in Japan at first, saying and doing things foreigners would do that make indigenous peoples uncomfortable. But, since the localization team relates with the idea of people like Hancock, they didn't feel comfortable with Hancock being portrayed like that and asked if he could be a little less stereotypical in that respect. I don't know, I'll see if I can find the video.

Elentor posted:

Müllenkamp for the next Primal.

Yes, please.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What do you mean "not tanky enough"?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODQKPa6WQA

Here we go. Watch the rest of the video too if you get bored, I always find the lore panels awesome.

edit: there, embed fixed.

The Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 26, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Literally everybody comes out of that quest looking like an idiot. Except Hancock.

I also like how the game lets you attempt to ignore the quest and then pulls a "but thou must" and you have to talk to the historian anyway.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Hancock is amazing in that quest. Make sure you talk to Gegeruju again once you actually get the item you're looking for. Hancock set up this elaborate ruse just to sell Hingashi wines using you as a go-between. Sure, you got what you wanted, but he was just using you to eventually hock his own wares to Gegeruju.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

The Grimace posted:

Hancock is amazing in that quest. Make sure you talk to Gegeruju again once you actually get the item you're looking for. Hancock set up this elaborate ruse just to sell Hingashi wines using you as a go-between. Sure, you got what you wanted, but he was just using you to eventually hock his own wares to Gegeruju.

Also, for anyone feeling bad about conning Gegeruju: he freely admits he intends to do the exact same ploy to someone else, using the same kind of wine no less. Hancock really knows the score.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

This dude is still at it. And still using two exclamation marks.

maybe i shouldn't loiter around the Limsa aftcastle anymore

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Is there a cross-world linkshell for the thread I could join?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

HenryEx posted:

Why not block or report them for harassment?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Low level arcanist is some dire poo poo. Summoner cant come fast enough.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Grimace posted:

During PAX last year, Koji went into Hancock's character. I believe he said something to the effect of him being "the foreigner" in Japan at first, saying and doing things foreigners would do that make indigenous peoples uncomfortable. But, since the localization team relates with the idea of people like Hancock, they didn't feel comfortable with Hancock being portrayed like that and asked if he could be a little less stereotypical in that respect. I don't know, I'll see if I can find the video.

I think they did a good job with him. He's not some touristy klutz constantly breaking rules of etiquette, but he is a huge dweeb who's collecting Far Eastern gewgaws and who waxes poetic about the various subtleties of Othardian languages.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

HenryEx posted:

Blacklist them.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

HenryEx posted:

Have you tried getting to know him?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Have you tried not being a lalafell?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I once had someone /em touches your tail me. It was terrible.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Cabbit posted:

Let's not go crazy here.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Butt Discussin posted:

Is there a cross-world linkshell for the thread I could join?

There's one for the EU, I don't think there is an "official" one for NA as the linkshells themselves only hold 64 people and there's already a 3 FC split on there.

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 26, 2018

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Cabbit posted:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

HenryEx posted:

Someday, years after you two are Eternal Bonded, you're gonna look back on these weird messages and laugh.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

i have, and it was so miserable i changed to a lalafell immediately

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Cabbit posted:

Alternatively have you tried being too lalafell?

Someone's gotta feed those morbols/giant catfish/host of other giant eorzean predators.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

EponymousMrYar posted:

Alternatively have you tried being too lalafell?

Someone's gotta feed those morbols/giant catfish/host of other giant eorzean predators.

I think you mean two lalafell, which should account for one mouthful for one of those monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Third time now I had to abandon a 24 man because they just couldn't clear the 3rd boss.

It's not even that they fail simple math (although half the raid reliably does) , but they die by droves to the other mechanics too, so either the whole raid wipes on the 3 minibosses or its just a slow death by attrition with the boss at 70% hp.

Guess I'll just give up on getting a 370 upgrade token for a week or two, so the thickies can slowly get used to simple questions like 'what is 2+2' .