Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Cleaned out a buncha people who were hundreds of days not played, so here ya go, add if you need!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I can’t believe you leveled an Ulrica

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
6* Ulrica is a "if you didn't Stop me or kill me god help you" unit for the arena. I had one survive without stop and she killed everyone on my party, except for Ayaka, with her AOE counter spam.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Scrublord Prime posted:

Dunked on 3* Shiva :toot: Trick was to bring Bedile!

Ulrica was 100% dodge, 30% ice resist, and Odin. Counter spam did 99% of the damage in the fight. Minfilia was 100% ice resist with Mirage Vest, Ankh of the Goddess, Great Raven Cape, and >=22 MP per turn regen and responsible for keeping Ulrica ice resist up. Bedile held onto Ifrit and Concealing Cloth and hid until the summon gauge was full, summoned Ifrit, then took a dirt nap.

Turn 1 is the double Shooting Hail and Osmose. No ice damage so Minfilia would use Mirage so she'd dodge the attack. Ulrica has 100% dodge and does w/e. Bedile hides forever. Osmose didn't drain either's MP but I brought Ethers so Ulrica could refill Minfilia's MP just in case.

Turn 2 Minfilia uses her +70% ice resist so Ulrica wouldn't eat blizzajas. Since Minfilia has the Great Raven Cape on Ulrica ate 99.9% of the regular attacks without an issue. Turn 3 is the next Shooting Hail so Minfilia uses Mirage again. Minfilia's rotation was simple: If it wasn't Diamond Dust time but Shooting Hail time use Mirage. Otherwise use her Frozen Guard every turn to make sure it wouldn't fall off during the threshold.

Once Shiva hit the threshold to use Diamond Dust Minfilia would use the Reraise ability. She wouldn't die via DD but the goal was for her to die on the following turn. Ulrica would Fingersnap herself to remove the Ice Imperil and Minfilia would refresh Frozen Guard. Shiva attacks and kills Minfilia due to her Ice Imperil and reraise during Blizzaja and regular attacks. Blizzaja bounces off due to 100% ice resist and Ulrica takes the regular attacks. Resume rotation.

Once all three thresholds were passed Ulrica used her LB and got her huge ATK buff and wrecked Shiva. Minfilia shifted to Mirage/Mirage/Frozen Guard at that point. Why Mirage when Shooting Hail wasn't going to be used? Because even with the Great Raven Cape Minfilia ate two regular attacks in my battle. One popped her for 11k damage but due to Frozen Guard spamming I got her back up before Frozen Guard had to be refreshed. She dodges the other due to Mirage stacks.

Took two tries, first one I had Minfilia at 30% ice resist with Ifrit but things relied on turns falling in the right order to work out so I added Bedile and that fixed everything. I did have >100% ice reist with a "what harm could it do?" until Minfilia survived the follow up DD turn and her Reraise fell off. Thankfully I again had enough time to raise her and get Frozen Guard refreshed before it became an issue.

tl;dr Brave Exvius has Pokemon Gen 1 misses but in target chance form :confuoot:

That Ulrica has Lucii Rings, I assume? I'm jelly.

Was able to clear Shiva and first mission with a doggo friend, need to go back for the Esper summon and 5-Man.

You can, um, put that Ulrica up as a friend for a while if you want. I'm sure multiple people wouldn't mind as long as they know the strategy and have a good green mage...

hagie posted:

I can’t believe you leveled an Ulrica

Evil Fluffy posted:

6* Ulrica is a "if you didn't Stop me or kill me god help you" unit for the arena. I had one survive without stop and she killed everyone on my party, except for Ayaka, with her AOE counter spam.

Gotta game that system and be creative, you know?

Speaking of that, Ukiyo.

She's got:

A skill that's 20% AOE damage mitigation with 50% AOE resistance both light and dark.

80% light or dark AOE resistance.

+90% MAG in passives with a decent base stat.

Autofilling LB with a decent 13.8x light and dark damage and 30% stop limit break.

50% light and air breaks.

50% single target SPR and DEF breaks.

What looks like four(?) chaining moves (one is light) I don't know the frames for yet, one locked behind a power-up ability. Could be good, depending on the frames.

And four -aga spells, one of which is air, so she can use all her own elemental breaks.

Looks like a decent support unit with some damage spikes when she's not supporting.

If you don't have a damage mitigation unit, those kinds of breakers or are a new player, make sure you get at least one of her. She's no CG Lid, for sure.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 26, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That Ulrica has Lucii Rings, I assume? I'm jelly.

Was able to clear Shiva and first mission with a doggo friend, need to go back for the Esper summon and 5-Man.

You can, um, put that Ulrica up as a friend for a while if you want. I'm sure multiple people wouldn't mind as long as they know the strategy and have a good green mage...

Oh yeah, it's a tight build. Ulrica needs almost every slot for the build.

Ulrica w/ Odin
Gaia Hammer (fire element weapon basically)
Raven Beret, Minerva Bustier
2x Ring of the Lucii
2x Quick Assualt, Spirit of Freedom, True Spirit of Freedom

Frozen Crown and Assassin's Vest should be just as good and not require a True Spirit of Freedom, I just needed the crown for Minfilia when I was trying to two man it with Ifrit on Minfilia. But yeah, 2x RotL are the gacha gatekeepers here. Going Frozen Crown, Assassin's Vest, and TSoF would give a 5% evade play to drop a RotL for 20 sided dice at least.

I put her up if you want to try huge counter strats for Shiva 3*. Hopefully your support doesn't get sniped! :gumi:

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 26, 2018

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I'm pretty surprised how much trouble people are having with Shiva considering how simple it is to straight up shut her down.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BDawg posted:

I took a lap and got the following.

Basch 2
Aranea
Yuna
Elfreeda 2

Pretty happy with the results. I’d love a Willy, but for 7* tanks have Basch and Merc Ramza.

Merc Ramza is getting a global exclusive buff to the enhancements that gives him a damage mitigating provoke. If it’s a 100 taunt then he’s very comparable to willhelm. Probably better than him at 6*, pretty interchangeable at 7*

Zyrus enhancements all involve building his limit break and smoothening his damage his damage by not having to precast certain abilities to get max damage. It seems pretty interesting, remains to be seen if his damage is good enough to bring on non dragon fights

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 26, 2018

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Merc Ramza is getting a global exclusive buff to the enhancements that gives him a damage mitigating provoke. If it’s a 100 taunt then he’s very comparable to willhelm. Probably better than him at 6*, pretty interchangeable at 7*

Zyrus enhancements all involve building his limit break and smoothening his damage his damage by not having to precast certain abilities to get max damage. It seems pretty interesting, remains to be seen if his damage is good enough to bring on non dragon fights

M.Ramza's passive cover is still a major hurdle. You have to work around it but it can cause SERIOUS problems.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I'm still terrible at this game, but the RNG has been pretty kind to me of late. I have two Onion Knights at 100% TMR, got a Tidus on a 1/2 daily, got Cloud on one of the freebie days a couple weeks ago, and Heavenly Technician Lid on another 1/2 daily. Got 4 Liquid Metal Slimes during the DQ event and even randomly pulled a Barbariccia at some point. Haven't spent a penny, either, which is nice. Kinda disgusting that the 'featured' bundle is $75 for 47 pulls, and you're only guaranteed a single 5* if you go 3 steps into the Step Up.

I spent nearly all my lapis before the Step Up feature went live (I chased Olive, and didn't get her, of course), so I haven't been able to 'take advantage' of it, but I've never had 25k lapis to begin with.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

A good in discord wanted a 3* Ifrit carry, if anyone else needs it, send me a request:

I'll switch back to Onion Knight or Sephiroth after goons are done with this one.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Scrublord Prime posted:

I put her up if you want to try huge counter strats for Shiva 3*. Hopefully your support doesn't get sniped! :gumi:

Tried once already, I think I screwed up at around the 60% threshold.

From what I understand, It's supposed to go:

During turns divisible by three (and the first) Marie/Minfilia/Cerius uses Mirage from the Mirage Vest, otherwise they use Barblizzaga.

If a threshold (80%/60%/40%) is crossed, that turn the green mage uses Blessing of the Lifegiver, and the next turn Ulrica Fingersnaps herself and green mage casts Barblizzaga.

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I sure did it.

\/\/\/ I sure am lucky, huh?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 27, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, that should be how it goes. The threshold crossing should be something like this:

Shiva goes below 80% on counters but DD hasn't been used yet
Ulrica can do w/e (but Barblizzaga should be up so she has 100% ice resistance and have enough duration to last through Diamond Dust)
Green Mage uses Blessings of the Life Giver

Shiva acts and performs threshold attack: Uses Diamond Dust. Nobody takes damage due to 100% ice resistance but take the ice imperil.

Ulrica fingersnaps herself to remove imperil.
Green Mage uses Barblizzaga so Ulrica has +70% ice resist buff again but no imperil. Green Mage still has imperil.

Shiva acts, Blizzaja or Shooting Hail kills Green Mage and regular attacks Ulrica. Green Mage reraise kicks in, 100% ice resistance means if Shooting Hail killed them they don't take damage from Blizzaja. Great Raven Cape means barring Pokemon Gen1 misses Shiva will only attack Ulrica.

Ulrica does w/e
Green Mage uses Mirage if it's a Shooting Hail turn, keeps barblizzaga up, or refreshes Mirage.

If the green mage got killed after the reraise because Shiva punched them then you got the 0.1% chance of getting hit with Great Raven Cape!

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 27, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
With Ramuh's exp gain trait and the event hat, combined with my growth eggs and x4 Action; we're up to x4.55 bonus exp.

I figured I would have maxed it with the Growth Eggs and Actions but apparently EXP is not on the usual 300% cap.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

With Ramuh's exp gain trait and the event hat, combined with my growth eggs and x4 Action; we're up to x4.55 bonus exp.

I figured I would have maxed it with the Growth Eggs and Actions but apparently EXP is not on the usual 300% cap.

Now if only anything but cactuars mattered fit XP you'd be on to something

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

WebDO posted:

Now if only anything but cactuars mattered fit XP you'd be on to something

Dunes is an average of 9666.67 xp/energy

Chamber of xp pro is 4425

You only need 2.2x increased exp to make chamber of xp equal dunes runs. A fully kitted out character is more than twice as efficient when running chamber of exp, now.

And we’re running into 7* where xp/level is a massive undertaking.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 27, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They say that the majority of the unit’s “boost” in power and skills comes 5-10 levels beyond 100, and that it’s not necessary to power level most 7* units to max immediately.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I switched my friend unit to a Shiva carry.

You do need to pay attention and use Bushido - Freedom on yourself on the threshold turns (80/60/40, aka the turns she heals). Long press on Noctis, choose target, then select freedom and clear the ice debuff. Bring along a Hide unit with Ifrit,and keep hiding until the esper gauge gets filled, then summon Ifrit for the moogle achievement.

Standard damage rotation of LB, Point Blank Warp Strike, and Warp Strike for him. With some Point Warps to recover mana when you get close to 100. After the 3rd threshold, you can auto and afk if you really want to.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

They say that the majority of the unit’s “boost” in power and skills comes 5-10 levels beyond 100, and that it’s not necessary to power level most 7* units to max immediately.

115 is usually a passive 20% increase to a stat with 120 being a bigger boost, usually of the equipment attack variety. Sometimes a boost to damage from an older skill, rarely something super important like Aileen getting true dual wield at 120

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cartoon Man posted:

Agreed, but unless you’re going to do it entirely through passive cactuar acquisition - which, considering the numbers involved is basically impossible - it’s going to come up at some point.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

jetz0r posted:

I switched my friend unit to a Shiva carry.

You do need to pay attention and use Bushido - Freedom on yourself on the threshold turns (80/60/40, aka the turns she heals). Long press on Noctis, choose target, then select freedom and clear the ice debuff. Bring along a Hide unit with Ifrit,and keep hiding until the esper gauge gets filled, then summon Ifrit for the moogle achievement.

Standard damage rotation of LB, Point Blank Warp Strike, and Warp Strike for him. With some Point Warps to recover mana when you get close to 100. After the 3rd threshold, you can auto and afk if you really want to.

If I ever draw a Noctis, I'll be so useful...

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Much appreciation for the carry Jetz

Im always reminded how freakishly good Noctis really is

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Speaking of him, my 5* EX went Noctis this morning.

:toot: That’s number two for me. :toot:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So my 5* of disappointment surprisingly gave me a Basch instead of total garbage, but I already have a good Doggo. So uh, which one is better at face tanking magic?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

WebDO posted:

So my 5* of disappointment surprisingly gave me a Basch instead of total garbage, but I already have a good Doggo. So uh, which one is better at face tanking magic?

My ticket also was basch, but no doggo for me so I'm happy with it. Poor miss T, time to be benched

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

WebDO posted:

The both have the same AOE cover skill and comparable SPR values. It basically comes down to if you need Basch's breaks or Chow's LB damage mitigation and curative ability.

Basch is definitely someone you'll want to look at getting a second one of because he's got both AOE covers and having both on a 7* tank is good. His enhancements are also fantastic because his two AOE cover skills both get an added Break resist buff for that attribute(DEF or SPR debuff resistance).

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I just pulled elfreeda #2 with my 100%

Now to just have more TM moogles drop from the raid and I’ll be set.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
My ticket got me Queen #5.

That, and 50x regular tickets and 25x 4* tickets getting me zero rainbows on this banner sure have made it very hard to be very excited by the game.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
My 5* was Balthier. Not sure how I feel about that exactly.

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015
My ticket was Knight Delita and I know exactly how I feel about it

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

CG Fina. I'm OK with this

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My ticket was Roy #1. I can finally really get into the "don't take a healer" strategies now, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Still, I'd really like a Noctis.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I got a Merc ramza which I probably will never use not even for tm farming.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Noctis #2 I'll take it

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Nyx #2

My account loves dupes.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I now can get a 7* Knight Delita whoopdie doo

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Lightning #3, boo.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Now I have 4 PG Lasswells. :confuoot:

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
Loren #1

if we ever get the UoC tickets i now know will to sprint for a dupe of.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Beatrix #1.

Eh, could be worse I guess. I'll get that sword eventually.

I'd probably be more excited if I didn't already pull Sephiroth and got his Masamune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Got cloud #2 on half price. 5* gave me ramza #3. How's his stmr?

• Locked thread