Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

Can't wait for EVIL to win the ROH title and save this company.

Hopefully I'll be there to see it live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

coconono posted:

is any of that on ROH's network?

No idea, I don't subscribe, I just have a poo poo ton of old DVDs

PS: MRT I don't have that show but if I can find that match I'll watch it gladly

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1000475619619205120?s=21

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
An Aldis/Cody 60 minute draw would be exceptional.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if there is any wrestler i cant stand less than bj whitmer its probably nick aldis

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

if there is any wrestler i cant stand less than bj whitmer its probably nick aldis

At least BJ occasionally takes crazy risks. I can respect being willing to take Psycho Drivers through tables and trying to murder Steve Corino and Jimmy Jacobs.

The gently caress has Aldis ever done that we should care about?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

lol Dalton

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The gently caress has Aldis ever done that we should care about?

Mickie James? His TNA tag team with Samoa Joe?

Cody is still causing Flip problems

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1000472159515480064

He really hasn't worked out as Champ. Due to injuries, lack of quality opponents and the sad reality he's an upper midcarder at best.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Joe/Magnus team owned because it led to takes about how the team being good was a sign Magnus was good, and then takes that since their matches against each other weren't so great it was a sign Joe was no longer good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dalton got hosed when WWE cut off ROH. The Dalton+Boys act is something that the NXT faithful would gobble up. I think he's overstayed in ROH and should move on. But that puts ROH in a weird spot because he's the most over ROH-only act. Or maybe its Beer City Bruiser's time to shine, I dunno.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I maintain that if ROH hadn't ROH'd and had given Dalton his reign a year earlier when fans actually wanted it, it wouldn't have been this mediocre, though admittedly it still probably wouldn't have helped make the company a must-watch

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

I maintain that if ROH hadn't ROH'd and had given Dalton his reign a year earlier when fans actually wanted it, it wouldn't have been this mediocre, though admittedly it still probably wouldn't have helped make the company a must-watch

With both WWN and NXT essentially cutting them off from talent lines and that's really hit ROH hard. The new faces they have aren't loud enough on the indies to really turn heads. What's weird is that many of the top guys are mainstays in NJPW but the crossover doesn't carry as much. You get people that watch the big shows but don't stick with the TV product. This is a shift from when Japanese wrestling was harder to come by.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
roh is on TV back in my hometown so i'm watching it for once and why is matt taven a thing

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I wouldn't trust WWE with Dalton's gimmick

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

rovert posted:

His TNA tag team with Samoa Joe?

poo poo, I liked that team up.

EDIT: Also, to not be completely off-topic, I would pay for a service with the early years of ROH streaming but from what I'm getting Sinclair doesn't have the rights to that? Who does and why don't they like money?

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 27, 2018

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

J-Ro posted:

poo poo, I liked that team up.

EDIT: Also, to not be completely off-topic, I would pay for a service with the early years of ROH streaming but from what I'm getting Sinclair doesn't have the rights to that? Who does and why don't they like money?

They have the rights to the footage but they'd need to edit it to remove all the music they never licensed. And for whatever reason Sinclair have decided that isn't worth their while.

Which means that to watch ROHs best and most iconic stuff you either have to buy 2nd hand DVD's or :filez:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I’m ready for ROH champion Magnus.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Can't be worse so :same:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

With both WWN and NXT essentially cutting them off from talent lines and that's really hit ROH hard. The new faces they have aren't loud enough on the indies to really turn heads. What's weird is that many of the top guys are mainstays in NJPW but the crossover doesn't carry as much. You get people that watch the big shows but don't stick with the TV product. This is a shift from when Japanese wrestling was harder to come by.

did WWN cut off ROH, or was that in response to ROH cutting off FloSlam

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

forkboy84 posted:

They have the rights to the footage but they'd need to edit it to remove all the music they never licensed. And for whatever reason Sinclair have decided that isn't worth their while.

Which means that to watch ROHs best and most iconic stuff you either have to buy 2nd hand DVD's or :filez:

Didn't ROH do in-ring introductions for Gabe's entire run anyway - they could just mute the entrances and raise the audio for the matches

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you're gonna mute The Final Countdown what's even the point

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

If you're gonna mute The Final Countdown what's even the point

didn't ROH make that generic version towards the end of Danielson's run - just use that to overdub it

I remember Generico's generic music was really bad

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

To whoever in ROH who thought that booking Crystal Palace sport centre was a good idea, please tell me why it was a good idea to put a couple hundred people on a hot day in late May NEXT TO AN INDOOR SWIMMING POOL WITH NO AIR CON. loving hell, show was enjoyable but everyone was wilting before the meet and greet finished.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

forkboy84 posted:

Well that's loving dumb.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

To whoever in ROH who thought that booking Crystal Palace sport centre was a good idea, please tell me why it was a good idea to put a couple hundred people on a hot day in late May NEXT TO AN INDOOR SWIMMING POOL WITH NO AIR CON. loving hell, show was enjoyable but everyone was wilting before the meet and greet finished.

I've got a dispatch from the Sinclair Broadcasting news offices and it reads "Because gently caress you"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

ah, the well-known PROGRESS EVOLVE strategy

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

I wouldn't trust WWE with Dalton's gimmick

They'd either

A) Bring in Dalton without his boys, because "stars need to be over on their own"

or

B) Bring him in with his boys, but split them up 3 months later with Dalton abusing them and turning heel (or splitting via brand split) and then the boys become a tag team that's only on Main Event or pre-shows, and goes by the name "The Team" or whatever.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when did roh drop the #1 contenders trophy (it was a good thing to drop)

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Low Desert Punk posted:

roh is on TV back in my hometown so i'm watching it for once and why is matt taven a thing

He is the NWA World Historic Welterweight Champion, show some respect.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Love him or hate him, you’ve gotta respect Matt Taven.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

He made Volador Jr into a Melvin

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Go jump in the pool, idiot

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
All of the UK shows sold out and they're returning in August. Haters continue to take their losses.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Roque11 posted:

All of the UK shows sold out and they're returning in August. Haters continue to take their losses.

ROH fan in 2018 or TNA fan in 2011?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

Lower triple figure attendances for lower triple figure star rating matches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

ROH fan in 2018 or TNA fan in 2011?

If Roque had an account here in 2011, he'd have absolutely been saying TNA won the new monday night wars and only moved to a different night and time out of respect/to stop embarrassing wwe

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Lower triple figure attendances for lower triple figure star rating matches.

*mouths machinegun noises*

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Not fair to lay this at the feet of the MCMG. Haven’t they gone away, anyway?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i watched those shows and i saw a bunch of empty seats. I guess if a scalper buys them it still counts a sell out though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Not fair to lay this at the feet of the MCMG. Haven’t they gone away, anyway?

I think Shelley's hurt? And Sabin's in the BOSJ. But they were in the ROH tag title picture recently.

• Locked thread