Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
i get so many CTDs on load I don't think I'd notice if win10 was causing them :v:

well, loading a save anyway. I've got a profile I need to reboot, so to speak, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Agents are GO! posted:

If you're on SPecial Edition, I don't think anybody else has ported them to SE, but I made a combined version for SE.

Is there a mod to skip through all the dialog and poo poo when you first meet the greybeards? I find that more annoying on repeated playthroughs then going up the 7,000 steps (plus you could always coc straight to the top anyways).

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skwirl posted:

Is there a mod to skip through all the dialog and poo poo when you first meet the greybeards? I find that more annoying on repeated playthroughs then going up the 7,000 steps (plus you could always coc straight to the top anyways).

I haven't found one.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

graynull posted:

Has anyone tried out Castlevania-style Combat Cross? Looks kind of interesting, but perhaps not enough users yet for me to get a great idea of how well it works (or doesn't).

I don't think this would work. Basically, when you swing a sword in SkyrimVR, it detects the force of your swing and if it's high enough, registers an attack. It's not like Gorn which is all physics based.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Taintrunner posted:

I don't think this would work. Basically, when you swing a sword in SkyrimVR, it detects the force of your swing and if it's high enough, registers an attack. It's not like Gorn which is all physics based.

Oh, sorry I wasn't asking for VR. VR can get burned alive in Helgen for all I care :black101:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Skwirl posted:

You could do the quick save and quick load trick that speedrunners use.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ajkalan posted:

Does this include the Blackreach bypass?

It does not, because I didn't know about that one and because Blackreach owns. :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

You could do the quick save and quick load trick that speedrunners use.

I need to know this trick.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Turns out I was wrong. The quicksave/quickload speedrunning trick has to do with moving quickly. If you sprint, QS, then stop sprinting and QL at the same time you're still in "sprint mode" without burning any stamina.

I don't know how to move conversations along. I think you can rub physics objects on actors' heads to reset their AI package and force them to move to the next scene/bit of dialogue, but I'm not sure. Have you tried waiting?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Turns out I was wrong. The quicksave/quickload speedrunning trick has to do with moving quickly. If you sprint, QS, then stop sprinting and QL at the same time you're still in "sprint mode" without burning any stamina.

I don't know how to move conversations along. I think you can rub physics objects on actors' heads to reset their AI package and force them to move to the next scene/bit of dialogue, but I'm not sure. Have you tried waiting?

Tell us more about rubbing NPC's packages.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Lydia is sworn to carry your burdens.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Lydia is sworn to carry your burdens.

Speaking of Lydia. I'm assuming she shows up after you purchase the Whiterun home on Alternate Starts. Also is there any way to get the Dragonstone on those play throughs? It doesn't spawn on the Draugr in the crypt and neither the Jarl nor Court Wizard have it on their person. Am I going to have to add it via the console?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The trigger for Lydia showing up is finishing the Mirmulnir killing quest rather than purchasing Breezehome, but yeah.

The Dragonstone is in the boss chest in BFB. I think the Skip BFB mod just shortcuts you to the boss chamber so the Dragonstone should be in the chest. (Or is it just sitting on a table? Can’t remember.) Console should work fine though.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Speaking of Lydia; https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/8lxfwh/is_there_a_mod_to_let_me_turn_into_lydias_seat_in/

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've used the Breezehome start multiple times and the final draugr in Bleakfalls Barrow always had the Dragonstone.

And yeah, you get Lydia after you defeat the first dragon and return to Balgruuf.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:wtc:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I guess I should have mentioned, I'm using Skyrim Unbound. Whatever settings I used start directly with the Greybeards quest after killing your first dragon, and skips everything before that.

I'll just go look it up.

I totally thought that was going in a different direction but first post in that thread delivers.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 25, 2018

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

I guess I should have mentioned, I'm using Skyrim Unbound. Whatever settings I used start directly with the Greybeards quest after killing your first dragon, and skips everything before that.

I'll just go look it up.

Yeah, Skyrim Unbound definitely doesn't give you the Dragonstone (since you skip that quest entirely I guess). I think you just get the Breezehome (and Lydia, I don't know, I rarely use followers) by paying for it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Don't think I've ever bothered doing BFB after I started using Skyrim Unbound, but yes, you get Lydia when you purchase Breezehome.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I'm using a player home mod called Rayek's End that has a trophy room with a space for the Dragonstone, which is why I ask. Pretty cool little home mod that's fairly straight forward and quick to run through, although there's only one mannequin and it's focused on a trophy room for thieves guild loots.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I kinda hated Fallout 4's construction system in the context of Fallout 4, but I'd be all over it in Skyrim to make my own house and fill it with mannequins and stuff.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/7mqd23/are_there_any_mods_that_will_let_me_lick_a_womans/

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Can we change the title to Skyrim Modding: not sexual?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I kinda hated Fallout 4's construction system in the context of Fallout 4, but I'd be all over it in Skyrim to make my own house and fill it with mannequins and stuff.

Try the Tundra Defense mod, which FO4's settlement system is (apparently) inspired by.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

If you're not locked into the conversation and able to move around, you can sprint into whoever is talking and it'll force them into their next bit of speech.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
So I have two problems and could use some help, since my google-fu seems weak.

1) In the Hired Muscle quests for the Companions, I can't initiate dialogue with some of the targets, and thus can't brawl them properly and complete the quest. The targets aren't in restricted areas, so it's not trespassing issue.

2) I met a Vigilant of Stendarr patrol who confronted me about having Daedric items and attacked me. One of them is unkilllable, he just goes down into the recovery state and gets back up. I've tried finding his BaseID to use the kill command in console, but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm guessing both of these issues are being caused a mod, and while they're not big right now, I'm worried about something worse happening later; I've also been playing with this one character for a while already.

Here's my mod list and load order, let me know if more info is needed:

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp=1
Campfire.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=0
HighResTexturePack02.esp=0
HighResTexturePack03.esp=0
Cutting Room Floor.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Thieves Guild Redone.esp=1
OwnCivilWar.esp=1
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp=1
1nivWICCloaks.esp=1
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1
Run For Your Lives.esp=1
Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp=1
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp=1
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp=1
Dr_Bandolier.esp=1
VioLens.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux.esp=1
Rayg_ShutUpMirmulnir.esp=1
Wildcat - Realistic Damage Plugin.esp=1
Lenhador.esp=1
UFO - Dragonborn AddOn - Unofficial.esp=1
UFO - Dragonborn AddOn.esp=1
UFO - Unofficial Serana Patch.esp=1
Customizable Camera.esp=1
Horse Whisper.esp=1
HorseEndurance.esp=1
WetandCold.esp=1
WetandCold - Ashes.esp=1
InigoPerkPointGiver.esp=1
dawnguard sentries.esp=1
Immersive Patrols II.esp=1
Provincial Courier Service.esp=1
Storefront.esp=1
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp=1
UFO - AllwaysDrawWeapons.esp=1
Balanced_Magic.esp=1
Balanced_Magic_Dawnguard.esp=1
LPBards.esp=1
College of Winterhold Entry Requirements (Khajiit Speak).esp=1
College of Winterhold Entry Requirements (Normal).esp=1
ESFCompanions.esp=1
Sleeved Guards.esp=1
TrueDragonblood-DragonboornV001.esp=1
TrueDragonblood-DawnguardV001.esp=1
ShoutCD.esp=1
SolitudeHeavyArmorGuards.esp=1
AllThievesGuildJobsConcurrently.esp=1
InstantMining.esp=1
imp_helm_legend.esp=1
FNIS.esp=1
SmartTraining.esp=1
ChargeOrFill.esp=1
100XCarryWeight.esp=1
JehennianLeather.esp=1
Brigandage.esp=1
HearthFire Display Case Fix.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp=1

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I don't have any really good help for the first problem, but for the second just open the console, click on the Vigilant, and use the disable command.

Or click on him, use GetBaseObject, and then SetEssential 0 on him.

Disabling is probably a better bet.

Also, if your target in the hired muscle moves around (From home to a job or such) try talking to them in different locations, or advance the quest with setstage.

Edit: What is OwnCivilWar.esp?

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 26, 2018

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Agents are GO! posted:

I don't have any really good help for the first problem, but for the second just open the console, click on the Vigilant, and use the disable command.

Or click on him, use GetBaseObject, and then SetEssential 0 on him.

Disabling is probably a better bet.

Also, if your target in the hired muscle moves around (From home to a job or such) try talking to them in different locations, or advance the quest with setstage.

Edit: What is OwnCivilWar.esp?

OwnCivilWar.esp is from Open Civil War.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Why di you have an esp for 100xcarryweight when you can do that as a simple console command?

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Dameius posted:

Why di you have an esp for 100xcarryweight when you can do that as a simple console command?

Because I have a very specific level of laziness. Also, I didn't even think about using a console command until you just brought it up, haha.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oh wow I just noticed the OP's name. :catstare:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a good list of mods that are ported to SSE? Sort of the a new version of G.E.M.S, but is specific to the Special Edition.

Dumbfire Rocketman
Jul 30, 2009

a drunk european baby
is putting u in ur place

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I would have responded "I was about to link you this really hot foot-licking mod that's all the rage among the skyrim foot fetish community but then I realized you wanted to lick women's feet in a non-sexy way so nevermind" and then when he went "well I guess I can make it work where is it" not responded back to him

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just sorta assume they mean they don't want mods that include nudity or loving.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
racial slurs mod skyrim special edition download

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Every time I think "skyrim has to have gotten better by now." I see this thread and it makes me sad. I weep for humanity's future. Skyrimvr will have all the fetish mods soon I bet.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

grimcreaper posted:

Every time I think "skyrim has to have gotten better by now." I see this thread and it makes me sad. I weep for humanity's future. Skyrimvr will have all the fetish mods soon I bet.

I can't imagine it is easy to program with one hand.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
If I had Skyrim VR, I'd want a mod that puts your FOV at your head instead of the middle of your chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Nasgate posted:

If I had Skyrim VR, I'd want a mod that puts your FOV at your head instead of the middle of your chest.

There is an ini tweak to do that.