Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fruit Smoothies posted:

Where's the idiot here? I love it.

I actually meant to post it in funny graphs/charts, so I guess it’s me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fruit Smoothies posted:

Where's the idiot here? I love it.

The Christians :smuggo:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

We had some protests here at Publix, who are generally well liked but have some dirt on their hands like most big companies. “The Hogg Child” was involved, so naturally the right wingers are all incensed. They’re now arguing on the local news comments section with each other about who the leftist is, despite all probably being Trumpers.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

We had some protests here at Publix, who are generally well liked but have some dirt on their hands like most big companies. “The Hogg Child” was involved, so naturally the right wingers are all incensed. They’re now arguing on the local news comments section with each other about who the leftist is, despite all probably being Trumpers.

That's the problem with echo chambers. At some point without a target you turn on each other. Even happens here on SA.

I feel a bit disappointed. After the Santa Fe shooting I figured at least a few more pundits or news personalities would destroy their careers by slamming up against that irresistible Hogg. But so far they've been mostly quiet.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Eat your own, assholes.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
What's going on with Publix?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Fathis Munk posted:

Eat your own assholes, assholes.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

anonumos posted:

What's going on with Publix?

The corp publicly donated money to the political campaign of a right-wing rear end in a top hat here in Florida with strong ties to the NRA who's been less than kind to gun control advocates in the wake of the last school shooting down here.

A number of people have been using this weekend to boycott and protest. Publix is otherwise pretty highly thought of for a big company, so this is a bit of a rude surprise.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Krispy Wafer posted:

That's the problem with echo chambers. At some point without a target you turn on each other. Even happens here on SA.

I feel a bit disappointed. After the Santa Fe shooting I figured at least a few more pundits or news personalities would destroy their careers by slamming up against that irresistible Hogg. But so far they've been mostly quiet.

The NRA's current solution to school shootings is to make it illegal for news shows to talk about news

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah they’re mostly good, but every so often ugliness rears it’s head. We have a big gay community here, and there’s a lot of upset people that they don’t cover certain HIV medicines. They also helped head up a group that thwarted the overturn of the state rule saying spirits can’t be sold in normal stores. They felt because they had to spend the money making separate liquor stores, they should reap the benefit.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Skwirl posted:

The NRA's current solution to school shootings is to make it illegal for news shows to talk about news

There's some truth to this, in that there have been studies showing that both mass shootings and suicides cluster based on news coverage, but lol at that being the proximate cause that we should legislate.

2nd amendment jerks would take every other freedom from others to cling to their guns.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

anonumos posted:

There's some truth to this, in that there have been studies showing that both mass shootings and suicides cluster based on news coverage, but lol at that being the proximate cause that we should legislate.

2nd amendment jerks would take every other freedom from others to cling to their guns.

Honestly those guys are the most infuriating and hilarious parts of these shootings.

"Oh the school had too many doors. That was the problem."

"Well if that girl would have just let the creep stick his dick in her he wouldn't have shot up the building."

They just keep stretching for more and more outlandish excuses because murdersticks can't possible be the cause.

I'm waiting for the school that does hire the shell shocked vet who would have no problem putting a bullet in a kid because when that backfires spectacularly the Facebook posts will be glorious to read.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/sbanypd/status/1000369547633922053?s=21

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

NRA: "Government censorship is cool and good."

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Len posted:

Honestly those guys are the most infuriating and hilarious parts of these shootings.

"Oh the school had too many doors. That was the problem."

"Well if that girl would have just let the creep stick his dick in her he wouldn't have shot up the building."

They just keep stretching for more and more outlandish excuses because murdersticks can't possible be the cause.

I'm waiting for the school that does hire the shell shocked vet who would have no problem putting a bullet in a kid because when that backfires spectacularly the Facebook posts will be glorious to read.

HuffPo yesterday had a list of excuses the NRA has made for the school shootings in Texas last week.

Which one is Landerig?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Is it not insanely obvious why the NRA and other pro-gun folks would be for less media coverage of shootings?

Like holy poo poo of course they don't want them covered as much because then they can just act like the problem is better/non-existent. It's just like "don't talk about race" supposedly helping with race relations. With guns it's being put under the clever guise of "well it's giving them notoriety when we talk about it!"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

“My dogs are dead. Illegal immigration is to blame.”

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

chitoryu12 posted:

“My dogs are dead. Illegal immigration is to blame.”

"I miss them. build wall"

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
ISOM: fancy feast is unisex

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

My god, they've started imitating how trump tweets. We

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mouse Dresser posted:

ISOM: fancy feast is unisex

Definitely my favorite part.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean it's so Ken M in its setup and payoff

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Data Graham posted:

I mean it's so Ken M in its setup and payoff

agreed but it made me laugh a lot regardless. build wall

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
it's a Heartfelt emotional Moment. give him a break people. witchhunt.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Krispy Wafer posted:

it's a Heartfelt emotional Moment. give him a break people. witchhunt.

build wall

IOSM: build wall

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

This guy is trying to take on Eric Swalwell in the 15th District of CA and is visiting each city in the District today to record a short clip and ask for votes. One problem with his map: San Leandro is in the 13th District.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

"Unwillingly chaste" is brilliant.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tiggum posted:

"Unwillingly chaste" is brilliant.

Sad thing is, 'involuntarily celibate' started as a queer term, coined by a Canadian lesbian about living in a heterosexual world where there just plain aren't any other queer women.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

https://youtu.be/3P-K4LnGmUo

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Sad thing is, 'involuntarily celibate' started as a queer term, coined by a Canadian lesbian about living in a heterosexual world where there just plain aren't any other queer women.

This is literally why I'm eternally single and rarely date. There aren't enough appropriately-aged lesbians around me.

I have never thought about murdering all the sex havers, though.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm involuntarily celebrate because the thought of someone touching my genitals without sex reassignment surgery makes me want to cry. Let's reclaim incel from cishet men.

Also it feels like feeding a dog enough cat food to get full would be a lot more expensive than giving it mid-tier dog food. Isn't fancy feast pretty pricey for cat food, too?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

This is literally why I'm eternally single and rarely date. There aren't enough appropriately-aged lesbians around me.

I have never thought about murdering all the sex havers, though.

That's because you're not disgusting, entitled and violent.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

That cannot possibly be real.

We call them "heroes."

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I feel like putting TAG SOMEONE AND SAY NOTHING on the video itself reduces the impact of doing such a thing.

Also, I now know where to go in case I want to know if something has officially gone viral.

Korremar
Mar 1, 2010

You are so big!
So absolutely HUGE!

T-man posted:

Also it feels like feeding a dog enough cat food to get full would be a lot more expensive than giving it mid-tier dog food. Isn't fancy feast pretty pricey for cat food, too?

Fancy Feast is relatively cheap, and is basically garbage food - it's more filler than meat, and the animal protein that is in it is pretty low quality. Your point probably stands though, that buying large cans of like, Alpo or Pedigree (comparable quality to FF) is almost certainly cheaper than the equivalent amount of catstuff.

That being said, on occasion, if a dog is sick and won't eat because it can't smell that the food you're giving it is food, cat food can do the trick since it's usually quite a bit more powerful of a smell. It's not quite the same nutritionally, but if they're not eating at all, some food is better than none.

That has basically nothing to do with this though and is just a useful animal care fact? The dude is more than likely a poo poo pet owner.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I know "don't read the comments" exists for a reason but this is an entirely non-political video, just an interesting thing NPR did and I still don't understand how people can be so stupid as to miss the point of a 7 minute video with zero complexity to it. Everything is literally as dumbed down as it can possibly be.

Watching this NPR video about a horse vs man marathon race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS2YVN0OAdc

Literally the entire purpose of the video is talking about how people may run slower than most animals but the human body's endurance allowed us to track and catch quicker animals over very long distances and yet there's still a bunch of comments talking about how it was unfair because the horses only went at a trot instead of sprinting the entire 22 loving miles or one comment about how the horses would have won if the race was only over 4 miles or something.

:psyduck:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It never fails, every roast attempted towards a woman without any solid ammo like buck teeth or a hunchback is the worst thing and just so sad.

Garrand posted:

I know "don't read the comments" exists for a reason but this is an entirely non-political video, just an interesting thing NPR did and I still don't understand how people can be so stupid as to miss the point of a 7 minute video with zero complexity to it. Everything is literally as dumbed down as it can possibly be.

:psyduck:

Horse people are weird.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

RareAcumen posted:

It never fails, every roast attempted towards a woman without any solid ammo like buck teeth or a hunchback is the worst thing and just so sad.
FTFY.