Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

its not so much turning the black off, as turning the 'skin' off and making it clear he's an android, since they're passably human once they've awoken, i dont think it's anything worth getting worked up over

then again americans love to get worked up over the bullshit that doesn't matter and ignore the stuff that does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
are you american and a minority

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Indecisive posted:

then again americans love to get worked up over the bullshit that doesn't matter and ignore the stuff that does

Please do go on about how people are getting 'worked up wrong' over co-opting of minority struggles dickhead :allears:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

if you havent even seen the scene yet dont even loving talk cuz seriously it's not a thing

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
EPISODE ZERO :stare:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Indecisive posted:

if you havent even seen the scene yet dont even loving talk cuz seriously it's not a thing

having your black character turn off his skin color so he's blank (re: white) before giving a civil rights speech is not a good look regardless of context

like there is no possible set-up that makes that not bad, it's the most obvious tone-deaf thing imaginable.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

I'm super ready for this poo poo. Been watching someone else play it too but can't wait for these fuckers to do it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:five:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Indecisive posted:

It's less insane in context but it's still the analog to black revolutionaries in the story literally de-blacking themselves to give their big speech.

Like, just off the dome I can asspull a couple better options than 'BLACKNESS, DEACTIVATE'. He could do some dramatic cut to himself or something to show his robo-bits, he could just say 'the point is if you didn't actively know I was an android would you just assume I'm less than you if you passed me on the street' and not bother, he could do literally anything else but have a major black character un-black themselves to give a civil rights speech!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's very much the type of thing a white dude who dismisses any accusations of racism with "I don't see color, maaaan" would write

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Tae posted:

They're releasing two vids before Detroit LP comes out.

Monathin posted:

They mentioned it on the podcast, they did. They'll probably be out over the weekend, with Detroit Episode 1 hitting on Monday.

That's great!!

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Big Scary Owl posted:

I'm super ready for this poo poo. Been watching someone else play it too but can't wait for these fuckers to do it.

are we even going to make it through one episode without a bingo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

It's very much the type of thing a white dude who dismisses any accusations of racism with "I don't see color, maaaan" would write

Yeah, this is what I was driving at.

Like it's not going to be anywhere near Racist Moment Of The Year or Worst Thing David Cage Ever Did or anything, but it's extremely tone-deaf at best.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 26, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Wallrod posted:

are we even going to make it through one episode without a bingo

Yes

some of these things are not actually in the game!

some of these very much are

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm sure you can get AT LEAST a double bingo card with those options.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm watching episode zero of Detroit and it feels like they recorded a second Minit video right before they did this.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Krazyface posted:

I'm watching episode zero of Detroit and it feels like they recorded a second Minit video right before they did this.

This was right after they did a Podcast Recording so, I mean, you're not -entirely- wrong.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Space.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Is Detroit: Become Human a retelling of Second Renaissance?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

My friend was the one who put together the bingo card with PITY THE SEXBOTS on it, I was super thrilled with their reactions to it on their behalf. :allears:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Did anyone ever leak a picture of the farting dick drawing from the Quantic Dream office?

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Yes, but it was labeled 'farting dick leak' so nobody wanted to click it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Big Scary Owl posted:

Can someone mark what of these happen and spoiler tag it, I'd love to see how many bingos on this card it makes

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Can I watch episode zero of herizon zero dawn: detroit without being spoiled on the game itself?

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
They mention some things that were in promotional materials but otherwise no because they filmed it last monday.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
HOLY gently caress!!! Story progression in God of War!!! :stare:

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Big Scary Owl posted:

I don’t think it’ll actually happen, but after hearing them talk about the possibility of ROBIRTH, I really really hope it will. I wanna see robaby jesus!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You guys are getting your hopes up way too high. There's nothing outright as narratively broken in this game as Indigo Prophecy or Beyond. Think less sudden genre changes or underwater chinese ghost bases and more Heavy Rain.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Heavy Rain had the really terrible unreliable narrator though.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
played a few hours with my friends and theres a lot of stuff that feels like its foreshadowing aliens. literal life found on mercury i think, russia wants to annex the north pole for some reason, and a new supercomputer being used to measure the probability of an invasion

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McDonalds sucks

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Robirth, and then the last 114 minutes are just a shot-for-shot remake of Children of Men. I want to see what it does to Woolie.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We're FINALLY getting to my favorite bit in God of War

Taking up the Blades of Chaos once more.

Now let's see if Pat can find enough side missions to derail us from that for another ten episodes

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I don't know why people don't like straying away from the main path. Sidequests in this game actually have content and lore and bonding moments between Kratos and Boy. I'm guessing it's just their LP blindness having them backtrack and miss stuff that people are actually complaining about.

I dunno, I like the side stuff.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

I don't know why people don't like straying away from the main path. Sidequests in this game actually have content and lore and bonding moments between Kratos and Boy. I'm guessing it's just their LP blindness having them backtrack and miss stuff that people are actually complaining about.

The hype poo poo is in the story, and the sidequests just get you bad animation spirit gesturing. It's a lot like Evil Within 2 in that way. All the cool mindscape fuckery comes from doing the story, since they're not going to radically change the environment in some way that might be overlooked because the player didn't find that sidequest.

Plus, the sooner they tunnel-vision on the story, the sooner their fast travel upgrades to be better but not perfect.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I only wish they'd BALANCE it a bit better.

The next bit they're about to get to should not be coming 30 parts in. It should have been maybe 25, preferably 20 parts in.

Like it's giving them a skewed view of the game because they keep talking about a lack of boss fights, or at least Matt and Woolie are, when there are plenty...Pat is just actively avoiding them for as long as he actually can

Doing stuff like that last ghost mission is great, as well, when the ghost just tries to gently caress with them but otherwise it's a bunch of running around the same area a lot

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The side content is really boring to watch, that's why. Like sure there's lore and bonding but there's no big cool fights, plus you inevitably run into 'you can't do this yet' poo poo because the game is designed around doing the main story first, as evidenced by the levels of enemies plummeting the second he gets back on the main path.

As someone who has already watched other LP's but wants to see their reaction to the actual interesting story stuff it just drags stuff out for no reason. Especially since they insist on 30 minute videos so you're talking about weeks/months passing and you barely remember the beginning of the game by the end.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Indecisive posted:

The side content is really boring to watch, that's why. Like sure there's lore and bonding but there's no big cool fights, plus you inevitably run into 'you can't do this yet' poo poo because the game is designed around doing the main story first, as evidenced by the levels of enemies plummeting the second he gets back on the main path.

That's not really true since if you do the main story first 90% of the side content is absolutely trivial.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ApeHawk posted:

The side-stuff is fine when you're PLAYING it, not when you have to watch it and two of the commentators are bored as gently caress in the process. The story is where all the set pieces that the guys are actually gonna enjoy are.

Burkion posted:

We're FINALLY getting to my favorite bit in God of War

Taking up the Blades of Chaos once more.

That whole section is a masterpiece of game storytelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Part 3 of Woolie and Liam play Nier Automata