Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

catlord posted:

I have a feeling this is going to be our own little Alamo. No matter how this goes, people are going to be talking about this one for years.

Poor al-Andalus, so far from Allah, so close to Morocco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
There’s no way russia could realistically march an army all the way to Iberia

Right?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Slaan posted:

Should have taken the peace while we could :smithicide:

We'll still have the opportunity to peace, our campaign across north Africa really ramped up Morocco's war exhaustion, so they're hurting a lot more than us right now and will definitely be more open to peace talks.

Rodyle posted:

We capture the hitherto untouched capital of this globe-spanning empire and all we get is a lousy war exhaustion bonus? We should have the Sultan in-hand!

Yeah, that was never gonna happen. Both because its the 19th century and I imagine the Sultan of the world's largest empire would be smart enough to leave a city about to be besieged, and because the event options in MotE are really limited.

That said, I think people might appreciate the prestige bonus a bit more once we get to vicky.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

MinistryofLard posted:

Morocco's got to be running low on Manpower at this point. Iberia is probably safe but still what a run of bad luck.

I haven't checked in a while, but that Great Gharbian Revolt would've really hit their economy hard, so I doubt they'll be able to raise many more armies even if they've got the manpower.

Innocent_Bystander
May 17, 2012

Wait, missile production is my responsibility?

Oh.
Guys, we kicked loving Gharbia out of the war. The Berbers just lost a huge swath of their economy and manpower. Sure, Russia is a problem, but it's Tirunni's problem. We just dealt a massive blow.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Also worth pointing out that the Almoravids started recruiting Indians into their armies 10 years ago now. And that a certain Orissan Empire might look at Almoravid India as it would look at juicy, weak prey.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Patter Song posted:

Napoleon: "What do you mean, the Tsar and his army were willing to retreat to the middle of nowhere? The war should be over!"

The Moroccan Sultan must've just played at Alexander I and just retreated into the Sahara, waiting.

Never start a land war in North Africa.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Dance Officer posted:

Also worth pointing out that the Almoravids started recruiting Indians into their armies 10 years ago now. And that a certain Orissan Empire might look at Almoravid India as it would look at juicy, weak prey.

This is why I’m more surprised that there was an event for American independence instead of something like the Sepoy Mutiny. How is their holdings in India not completely falling apart right now?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I really think that the goal now should be to peace out for that strip of Iberian land Morocco holds and just bow out of the war. (Morocco is war leader, right?) Let Tirruni have fun with Russia, but we don't need to be in that fight. We've done our part.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Snipee posted:

This is why I’m more surprised that there was an event for American independence instead of something like the Sepoy Mutiny. How is their holdings in India not completely falling apart right now?

There is an event for an Indian revolt, which like the Gharbian event is triggered by Moroccan cores being lost to the enemy, it just didn't fire. When events are based on MTTH, as they are in all Paradox games, some just won't fire in the span of a single game.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Clearly we need to invade again so that event fires.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
So I'm sure some revanchists in the Majlis are considering peacing out with Morocco and backstabbing Tirunni. While this would clearly be an awful idea caused by some form of pox, what's the chances that we could retake the Iberian peninsula in the whole if we were to do so?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

habeasdorkus posted:

So I'm sure some revanchists in the Majlis are considering peacing out with Morocco and backstabbing Tirunni. While this would clearly be an awful idea caused by some form of pox, what's the chances that we could retake the Iberian peninsula in the whole if we were to do so?

If we get a good timing on the Russian sandwich, I'd say pretty decent. But then there would also be pretty good odds of Tirruni beating back Russia.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

habeasdorkus posted:

I've already played into the next update, so with about a year and half left in the game, we probably won't be able to retake the whole Iberian peninsula. We could get a solid start going into vic2 though, especially if the post-war conference goes our way.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hashim posted:

I've already played into the next update, so with about a year and half left in the game, we probably won't be able to retake the whole Iberian peninsula. We could get a solid start going into vic2 though, especially if the post-war conference goes our way.

*Hysterical laughter quickly followed by uncontrollable sobbing*

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcrb6365GsQ

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Ikasuhito posted:

*Hysterical laughter quickly followed by uncontrollable sobbing*

Job Opening just announced for an Andalusian Talleyrand

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Alikchi posted:

Job Opening just announced for an Andalusian Talleyrand

More like... uh, who was the foreign minister of the Duchy of Warsaw

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Hashim posted:

[Hohenzollern Flashbacks intensifies]

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Luhood posted:

As long as we aren’t given the right to vote for our own destruction, things will be fine. Maybe.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I keep trying to imagine a way that Al Andalus somehow both betrays Tirruni and squeezes territorial concessions out of Morocco, because that's the only way I can see us coming out ahead at the end of March of Eagles.

Luhood posted:

I don't remember much going bad for Swabia aside from goons being dedicated to crushing democracy until the Reichstag was blown up.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Yeah, the post-war conference will be very OTL-Vienna and Hohenzollern-like if Morocco ends up winning (which is looking increasingly likely), where we basically aim to reshape Europe and strike a balance between the great powers. If Tirruni pulls something remarkable out the bag, though, we'll end up with a status quo of endgame borders going into vicky.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SlothfulCobra posted:

I keep trying to imagine a way that Al Andalus somehow both betrays Tirruni and squeezes territorial concessions out of Morocco, because that's the only way I can see us coming out ahead at the end of March of Eagles.

I don't remember much going bad for Swabia aside from goons being dedicated to crushing democracy until the Reichstag was blown up.

Looking through the Stuttgart Congress posts in that thread, after winning their equivalent of the Napoleonic Wars, goons opted to go for the most extreme and punishing peace against the losers, but in most cases they were voted down by their more moderate allies. So in effect, they got little that they wanted and created a lot of bad blood in Europe.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Is there any way to negotiate Al-Anadalus switching alliances on the condition that Morrocco gives us back our land in Iberia?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Chatrapati posted:

Is there any way to negotiate Al-Anadalus switching alliances on the condition that Morrocco gives us back our land in Iberia?

Only through custom events, which means we'd need a good in-universe justification which... I'm not seeing Morocco being too friendly towards us after we've ransacked all their major cities.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
I dont see why everyone's so afraid, it's just Russians! We've managed to gently caress over Morocco royally already, and now we just need to keep the Iberian pieces. With any luck we can manage to keep hold of the rear why Tirruni gets stalemated.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Pakled posted:

I'm not seeing Morocco being too friendly towards us after we've ransacked all their major cities.

Why not? They did it to us and still had the audacity to try to form an alliance.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Chatrapati posted:

We had an event doing exactly that

and it only fires once. So the only way we can do that now is by manually peacing Morocco out for their Iberian holdings (which we control right now anyways), and then turning around and declaring war on Tirruni. It won't mean Morocco are suddenly gonna be our best buds, and we'll definitely be starting vicky at -200 relations with them, but that's the best we can really do.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Argh, I didn't realise that event would have given us the Iberian provinces. I would have definitely voted against Tirruni had I known. I can't believe that guy just set up an 'Iberian Kingdom' in Al-Andusia.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Why not? They did it to us and still had the audacity to try to form an alliance.

They never got Qadis! I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think we've ever lost Qadis to anyone at all. Except to rebels that one time, but they were Andalusi too, so it doesn't really count.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

We had an event doing exactly that

and it only fires once. So the only way we can do that now is by manually peacing Morocco out for their Iberian holdings (which we control right now anyways), and then turning around and declaring war on Tirruni. It won't mean Morocco are suddenly gonna be our best buds, and we'll definitely be starting vicky at -200 relations with them, but that's the best we can really do.

In your opinion, do you think that would have been a suicidal decision? I didn’t trust the Moroccans to commit enough troops to save us from Tirruni back then, but I have been pretty surprised by Morocco’s ability to raise so many armies this game.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Snipee posted:

In your opinion, do you think that would have been a suicidal decision? I didn’t trust the Moroccans to commit enough troops to save us from Tirruni back then, but I have been pretty surprised by Morocco’s ability to raise so many armies this game.

I genuinely don't know. It would've depended completely on the Moroccans backing us up with a ton of troops, which could go either way with Paradox AI, and even then it's very possible that Tirruni would've beaten us. But then again, if we had gone down the other route, us and Morocco wouldn't have bled each other dry fighting over the straits, and we could've used all that money and manpower against Tirruni instead. Morocco might have actually given us subsidies too.

The downside of that is, obviously, that if we defeated Tirruni then Morocco would've went into vicky with their entire empire intact.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
The Chronicles of Al-Andalus: A Tragedy

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016

Luhood posted:

I dont see why everyone's so afraid, it's just Russians! We've managed to gently caress over Morocco royally already, and now we just need to keep the Iberian pieces. With any luck we can manage to keep hold of the rear why Tirruni gets stalemated.

I wish I had this sort of unrelenting optimism in my everyday life.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
It's not such a big deal, we've already found a winning strategy.

Just sail an army to Russia and take Moscow.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i'm guessing the invasion of africa will be worth it in the next game, we bled the moroccans until they lost america and surely we've weakened them in india even though the event didn't fire. that could possibly keep them from just UKing it up for a century and being an unassailable monster that hates us right next door (i will admit that the UK did kinda lose america irl, so there's that)

i'm assuming that even if we get embarrassed for the rest of this war we've at least kept it from being an existential crisis for us. maybe i shouldn't assume that? we'll find out soon

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't know anything about Vicky 2, is re-colonization after colonies have gone independent feasible at all?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Technically you could fabricate CB's on them and go through a bunch of wars but it's really not worth it when there's a whole untouched Africa you could be raping instead for much cheaper.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

I was actually thinking about giving Morocco some Conquest CBs on their breakaway colonies for the first 10 or so years of vic2, since that would make sense narratively, but they shouldn't end up unassailably powerful throughout the next 100 years after being found out in these wars, so I'll see how they perform in test games and decide then. Also that would be very OP if they accomplished it every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't know anything about Vicky 2, is re-colonization after colonies have gone independent feasible at all?

Assuming Morocco has cores on these rebel countries (without them, AI would never go for it because of infamy concerns...V2's infamy ceiling is super-low), it depends on a few things. Are the Indian or American Moroccan break-off states civs or uncivs? The Americas are super-low population at game start, so Gharbia probably will only have a token army, and it might be possible to overpower them if Morocco really wants to. Moroccan India, though, might be borderline impossible to take if it's a civ, even if Morocco has a small tech advantage at game start, because that area has a gigantic population and could easily raise a 100+ brigade army. It'd only be something Morocco could invade and conquer if it were an unciv, and even then, it'd be tricky prior to 1850ish.