Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Well nice to see John Titor is still keeping busy these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

quote:

Tippy Top was yuge. Some others: the #17 Jerseys presented at the White House, where Q = 17th letter of alphabet; The Saudi round up of corrupt princes after Vegas assassination attempt; the secret meetings with NK at China's forbidden city; Q's Air Force One photos over NK; Mark Taylor's Trump Prophecies; Kim Clement's Trump Prophecies; The massive round up of pedophiles and human traffickers in the first month after inauguration continuing to today; the 1000's of CEO resignations; 40+ congressmen not returning; Parallel Construction for entering evidence; There's so many!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Man my eyes are crossing on that entire thread, but it's good that I know about this now because I think one of our family friends has been hinting at it

here's some good logic too since we're at at

quote:

The deep State is everywhere, and nowhere. What matters most, is that our leaders are not a part of it. DS are those working against our common good. For evil purposes. Tools are only good or bad, depending on who's using them, and using them for their intended purposes. Anything can be corrupted by bad actors.

Who's the deep state? Simple, it's anyone who doesn't agree with me

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
qanon is what happens when Chuds try to square the idea that Trump is Strong Daddy President yet hasn’t accomplished anything of note policy-wise.

He can’t make America great again because he’s in a secret shadow war with the Illuminati and Deep State lol.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/27/rudy-giuliani-spygate-robert-mueller-donald-trump

Oh, Rudy...

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1000719778217058304?s=19

I refuse to believe anyone outside Me Smith Goes to Washington is going with stars in their eyes. Only ice chewing sociopaths in DC.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

qanon is what happens when Chuds try to square the idea that Trump is Strong Daddy President yet hasn’t accomplished anything of note policy-wise.

He can’t make America great again because he’s in a secret shadow war with the Illuminati and Deep State lol.

Hate to tell you but I've talked to an unfortunate amount of people who believe Trump has accomplished more in the last year then any president in history. The usual propaganda networks push that narrative.

You are right though that they blame anything that doesn't get done on some combo of the Democrats and deep state.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

sharknado slashfic posted:

Hate to tell you but I've talked to an unfortunate amount of people who believe Trump has accomplished more in the last year then any president in history. The usual propaganda networks push that narrative.

You are right though that they blame anything that doesn't get done on some combo of the Democrats and deep state.

Like, this is just insane to me. How can loving anyone look at what Trump's done and compare that to loving LBJ or FDR? :psyduck:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Like, this is just insane to me. How can loving anyone look at what Trump's done and compare that to loving LBJ or FDR? :psyduck:

"That's dumb as gently caress, what kind of loving id-"

"HURRRRRR TRIGGERED LIB UHUHUHUHURRR"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

^that too yeah

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's just propaganda. It's real easy when Fox only trumpets your successes and minimizes or just flat out doesn't report your failures and gently caress ups. We see all his idiotic tweets and whatnot but none of that stuff ever gets reported on unless it becomes politically relevant, and the corrections from other people calling out his lies and flat out making poo poo up NEVER gets reported. All they hear about is all the wonderful things he's trying to do to Make America Great Again and those evil democrats won't let him. I've watched my family go from kind, empathetic people to moderately racist over 9 years because their only source of information is Fox News/One America News and right wing radio which has convinced them that minorities are the cause of everyone's problems. It's been really disheartening to watch their critical thinking skills melt away before my eyes.

The people who have come around to Trump being an idiot are in "yeah he's an idiot but he's our idiot" mode.

Also those Presidents were Democrats and the things they got done were bad for the country.

Sorry for the rant but I'm exposed to this every day and it's like nails being driven into my brain.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 27, 2018

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Here go the Democrats, trying really hard not to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory out in California:

quote:

With so many Democrats running, the party’s fear is that the vote will be splintered, allowing Republicans — who have fewer candidates — to dominate some primaries. The party and allied groups are spending more than $4 million on just three campaigns, intervening in one contest to prop up a favored candidate; attacking a Republican from the right in another; and even reminding people not to waste their votes on “ghost candidates” who have dropped out yet remain on the ballot.

As any progressive activist will explain through gnashed teeth, the head-snapping scramble is because of the state’s “top two” open primary system, which allows the two leading vote-getters — regardless of political parties — to advance to the general election.

Basically, there are so many aspiring Democratic candidates preparing to run that it may dilute the votes individual candidates would have gotten, therefore allowing Republicans greater inroads than they might have already had. California's political system is so loving dumb, and it's giving me serious pause about my plans to move back within the next few years.

And here's what's coming to California if the Democrats gently caress it up.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

mods change my name posted:

Why didn’t the 13 Angry Democrats investigate the campaign of Crooked Hillary Clinton, many crimes, much Collusion with Russia? Why didn’t the FBI take the Server from the DNC? Rigged Investigation!

Dude's mad as hell about something.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1000391997969092608

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1000396430371106817

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1000458567147839488

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1000462031500099584

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1000465814192099330

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1000718611688943616

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

There is no historical revision I dream of more than for Richard Nixon to have had twitter.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

There is no historical revision I dream of more than for Richard Nixon to have had twitter.

Kennedy and Tinder maybe

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Kennedy and Tinder maybe

That's different how?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Here go the Democrats, trying really hard not to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory out in California:

Basically, there are so many aspiring Democratic candidates preparing to run that it may dilute the votes individual candidates would have gotten, therefore allowing Republicans greater inroads than they might have already had. California's political system is so loving dumb, and it's giving me serious pause about my plans to move back within the next few years.

Sounds more like it's California's fault than the Democrats', but please feel free to continue to buy into the notion that everything is their fault.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

I wish Tom Clancy and Hunter S Thompson lived long enough to see this

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Waroduce posted:

I wish Tom Clancy and Hunter S Thompson lived long enough to see this

Tom Clancy couldn't have dreamed up a plot crazier then this, and he had Russia join NATO.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

He flipped the economy switch to "good".

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Kennedy and Tinder maybe

*in Kennedy accent*
"Right...right...right...right...right...right...

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

psydude posted:

Sounds more like it's California's fault than the Democrats', but please feel free to continue to buy into the notion that everything is their fault.

Can't it be both? Trump is certainly inspiring a lot of people to run, but I also think that there are unhealed wounds from 2016 that are also driving progressive attempts to flank establishment Dems from the left, even in California. I don't think that the party has reconciled its centrist leadership with its progressive wing, and going forward, that could continue to be a serious liability for them in 2018 and 2020.

I'm just nervous that the Democrats are going to mishandle what seems to be a potentially winning hand and fail to retake the legislature.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

That is a dumb as gently caress system lmao

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Can't it be both? Trump is certainly inspiring a lot of people to run, but I also think that there are unhealed wounds from 2016 that are also driving progressive attempts to flank establishment Dems from the left, even in California. I don't think that the party has reconciled its centrist leadership with its progressive wing, and going forward, that could continue to be a serious liability for them in 2018 and 2020.

I'm just nervous that the Democrats are going to mishandle what seems to be a potentially winning hand and fail to retake the legislature.

Maybe in other states you'd be right, but California's dumb election system means that candidate selection comes down to simple game theory. If Democrats have 6 viable candidates that partition the vote fairly equally, and Republicans have two viable candidates who partition the vote fairly equally, then there's a high probability that both Republican candidates will advance to the general election, completely locking Democrats out.

So in that sense, it's perfectly reasonable for Democrats to try to narrow their own field down to 2-3 candidates, because if they don't, there's a good chance that they won't have a candidate in the general election at all. This is really the only way that Republicans can win in California; the Democratic electorate is too strong otherwise. The way Democrats would throw away an easy win in California is by not visibly and strongly backing candidates that can get a majority of the Democratic primary vote.

If anything is the Democrats' fault, it's that too many people want to run this year. In every other state that's good, because it increases the chances of the field containing quality candidates. In the specific case of California, though, it's very bad.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Of course they're going to gently caress it up. The Democrat establishment is a bunch of rich fucks for whom the Trump administration is just an embarassing accident. They don't feel any pressure because they're rich enough to be untouchable and ride out the wave of populism that fucks up the rest of the country.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

my kinda ape posted:

That is a dumb as gently caress system lmao

The primary system is a hosed up system that disenfranchise's over half the electorate and leads to adverse outcomes. The intention is good but the implementation is dumb. They should go off a ranking system where people vote for their first two choices and the top names are put on the ballot.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
pretty much any sane changes made to election in this country would massively hurt incumbents so lol

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Losing elections to own the chuds

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

...they hate those guys, for a start

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Attention the 30 Maryland goons itt...rip Ellicott City again

https://twitter.com/JeremyHarrisTV/status/1000837414288420864

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Never ending climate crisis is here.

:stoked:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Jesus. We've gotten a ton of rain over the past couple of weeks. It probably didn't take much.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Never ending climate crisis is here.

:stoked:

its 107' here, previous record was 106. mean is 92.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

TBF this is Ellicott City:

Building your downtown in a gully with multiple converging streams and paved roadways is not great for keeping the water out.

That said jfc :stare:

https://twitter.com/DieRobinsonDie/status/1000860627894718464

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1000869811574976518

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Terrifying Effigies posted:

TBF this is Ellicott City:

Building your downtown in a gully with multiple converging streams and paved roadways is not great for keeping the water out.

That said jfc :stare:

https://twitter.com/DieRobinsonDie/status/1000860627894718464

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1000869811574976518

Still rainin' too

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Fake news, Chinese conspiracy, liberal main stream media lies. Climate is fine. Just a few people that need to boot strap themselves into a new home.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Yeah, I'm incredibly close to all of that. Thankfully the MML clan is all safe, but I've been hearing all of the sirens in Maryland come converge on us for the last few hours.

Local authorities are reporting a couple of building collapses already so this is going to get worse before it gets better.

I'm going to call the county EOC after the storm breaks tonight and see if they need clean out volunteers.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
God’s Plan

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ManMythLegend posted:

Yeah, I'm incredibly close to all of that. Thankfully the MML clan is all safe, but I've been hearing all of the sirens in Maryland come converge on us for the last few hours.

Local authorities are reporting a couple of building collapses already so this is going to get worse before it gets better.

I'm going to call the county EOC after the storm breaks tonight and see if they need clean out volunteers.

Yeah I'm nearby as well, glad everyone is safe. My gutters have pretty much given up at this point and my basement carpet is wet but that doesn't seem like such a big deal in the scheme of things.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Yeah I'm nearby as well, glad everyone is safe. My gutters have pretty much given up at this point and my basement carpet is wet but that doesn't seem like such a big deal in the scheme of things.

Glad to hear that you're no worse for the wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My house is about 3 miles south of EC, but fortunately I'm on a hill and we have pretty good drainage in the area. I'm also in Argentina right now so I'm assuming my house isn't under a foot of water.

• Locked thread