Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

oldpainless posted:

Voyager was flagging in ratings so the producers remedy for this was “let’s hire a chick with big titties”

It worked, didn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It worked, didn't it?

I would say her character was better than most of the characters on the show and was kind of an interesting premise.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

7 of 9 is literally just Spock with tits

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Mu Zeta posted:

Well, that would more accurately describe T'Pol from Enterprise...

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mooseontheloose posted:

I would say her character was better than most of the characters on the show and was kind of an interesting premise.

You’re right but that’s like being the tallest midget

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mooseontheloose posted:

I think that was an accident more than anything.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mu Zeta posted:

So better Spock?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sir Lemming posted:

Of course, ultimately the real answer to "what's the deal with Quark's" is they wanted to have an old West saloon guy because it was a frontier outpost in space.

Additionally, the Justice League cartoon had several multi-parters that put the current live-action movies to shame in every way. Actually I'd say it even puts Civil War to shame; they tackled that whole "government vs. superhero group" plot in the most thrilling and cerebral way I've yet seen. Opposite of what this thread is about I suppose.

I remember the old DC cartoons being well written and having connections across the entire franchise. What the hell happened that they couldn't make that happen in movie form?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Len posted:

I remember the old DC cartoons being well written and having connections across the entire franchise. What the hell happened that they couldn't make that happen in movie form?

Christopher Nolan.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Len posted:

Executives not wanting to take time to build up the stories like Marvel did and wanted to skip directly to just making lots of money.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the animated movies DC has been producing for the past like 10 years have all been absolutely awful. Even if you hate the Snyder movies they make them look like world beaters.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
7 of 9 indirectly led to Obama being president so Voyager is alright by me.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Alaois posted:

the animated movies DC has been producing for the past like 10 years have all been absolutely awful. Even if you hate the Snyder movies they make them look like world beaters.

The animated DCU is extremely uneven. You'll get stuff that is really good/great, then you get some stuff that looks just cheap and quick. I don't think any of it ever hit the lows of the Marvel Animated Universe of the mid-00s before the movies. The couple of Ultimates movies, the Doctor Strange one, Iron Man I think had one. I can't remember a single thing about any of them other than the bit of Bruce Banner essentially telling some new coworkers at his science job, "Please don't ask me Hulk-related questions. I want to talk about my current projects."

I'd say most of the Batman animated movie stuff has been good. Red Hood, the couple of Batman/Damian ones, etc.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

PringleCreamEgg posted:

7 of 9 indirectly led to Obama being president so Voyager is alright by me.

Yeah, wasn't her husband a senator from Illinois that got smashed in the primaries or something by Obama because it came out that he (the husband, not Obama) was trying to force Jeri Ryan to gently caress random dudes at sordid sex clubs.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Preem Palver posted:

Yeah, wasn't her husband a senator from Illinois that got smashed in the primaries or something by Obama because it came out that he (the husband, not Obama) was trying to force Jeri Ryan to gently caress random dudes at sordid sex clubs.

Someone's toes got eaten by a giant lizard in this story too, right?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

JediTalentAgent posted:

The animated DCU is extremely uneven. You'll get stuff that is really good/great, then you get some stuff that looks just cheap and quick. I don't think any of it ever hit the lows of the Marvel Animated Universe of the mid-00s before the movies. The couple of Ultimates movies, the Doctor Strange one, Iron Man I think had one. I can't remember a single thing about any of them other than the bit of Bruce Banner essentially telling some new coworkers at his science job, "Please don't ask me Hulk-related questions. I want to talk about my current projects."

I'd say most of the Batman animated movie stuff has been good. Red Hood, the couple of Batman/Damian ones, etc.

I liked the part in the Red Hood where the Joker realises just how hosed both him and Batman are in the climax: "You actually did it! You found a way to win and we ALL STILL LOSE!"

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

hard counter posted:

the machine doing it is still a room-sized thing with a technician monitoring it

the only difference is that in voyager you don't have to directly talk to o'brien if you don't want to

Fun Fact: O'Brien was on Voyager the whole time, but nobody ever talked to him or looked at him, so even we the viewers never realized it.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

The New Frontier animated movie was pretty drat good. The rest I've seen have been hit or miss. The Killing Joke was loving awful.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Len posted:

Dwayne McDuffie, the guy most responsible for the good parts of the JLU and other DC animated properties, died.

Without him producing you get stuff like Killing Joke because, as talented as they might be, Bruce Timm and Paul Dini still need good oversight.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Slime posted:

Fun Fact: O'Brien was on Voyager the whole time, but nobody ever talked to him or looked at him, so even we the viewers never realized it.

O'Brien would have got them home inside a season and a half.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BgRdMchne posted:

The Killing Joke was loving awful.
I was all "Oh man, Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill in the Killing Joke!!" but then I almost immediately thought "Oh but it's such a good and iconic comic they're guaranteed to gently caress it up." And low and behold, they did.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sassassin posted:

What and get back to Keiko? No hes the reason they were lost so long

BlockChainNetflix
Sep 2, 2011
I was looking for a picture of Quark I could paste Trumps head on, and found something so much better.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

sassassin posted:

He could have gotten them home, but he didn't want to. If he went home, he'd have to see his wife.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

BLT Clobbers posted:

I was looking for a picture of Quark I could paste Trumps head on, and found something so much better.

That is just straight up a scrotum on that poor kids head

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Hattie Masters posted:

That is just straight up a scrotum on that poor kids head

His name is T'Bahg.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
A friend's status today made me realize that the Seinfeld episode where Sue Ellen is taken to court because her top was a bra, which made Kramer crash his car from looking at her, has really aged badly. How much of a snowflake is Kramer that he gets worked up over a bra and Sue has to pay for that?

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
Not to mention that New York State has and had topfree equality

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Araenna posted:

I was all "Oh man, Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill in the Killing Joke!!" but then I almost immediately thought "Oh but it's such a good and iconic comic they're guaranteed to gently caress it up." And low and behold, they did.

"Batgirl didn't have anything to do in the original story before she got shot, so let's add some new scenes for her!"

"What should we do?"

"Let's have her gently caress Batman!"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Sounds like a Bruce Timm joint all right.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

BLT Clobbers posted:

That kid is gonna need a ton of orthodonture.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

bean_shadow posted:

A friend's status today made me realize that the Seinfeld episode where Sue Ellen is taken to court because her top was a bra, which made Kramer crash his car from looking at her, has really aged badly. How much of a snowflake is Kramer that he gets worked up over a bra and Sue has to pay for that?

Can't believe this. Its like the main characters of Seinfeld are bad people.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Can't believe this. Its like the main characters of Seinfeld are bad people.

Yeah. They were pretty much scamming Sue Ellen in the episode, the only reason they sued is because she was rich and Elaine didn't like her.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
When will the Seinfelds finally pay for their many crimes?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Volcott posted:

When will the Seinfelds finally pay for their many crimes?

Whenever he gets side swipped while getting coffee in his car

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

George Costanza apparently reformed after his year in prison and later developed a popular app.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

George Costanza apparently reformed after his year in prison and later developed a popular app.

GEORGE IS GETTIN REHABILITATED!!!

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

BgRdMchne posted:

The New Frontier animated movie was pretty drat good.
Hell yeah! That's one of my favorite books, and they did a good job adapting it as best they could.

quote:

The Killing Joke was loving awful.

Really? How could they screw---

Veotax posted:

"Batgirl didn't have anything to do in the original story before she got shot, so let's add some new scenes for her!"

"What should we do?"

"Let's have her gently caress Batman!"

:stare: Nevermind.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BLT Clobbers posted:

except donald trump actually did become nagus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

But he lost all of his money to his ex-wife and Bernie Madoff.