Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

hey someone roast me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Scholtz posted:

hey someone roast me

Scholtz? Tastes more like Schlitz.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/halaljew/status/1000622287350099968?s=21

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Scholtz posted:

hey someone roast me

your bad, and you're posts are bad.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Weatherman posted:

He said roast, this is more of a deep fry.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Weatherman posted:

Oh I get it. It’s like when Gilbert gottfried says someone has an annoying voice right?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

It never fails, every roast attempted towards a woman without any solid ammo like buck teeth or a hunchback is the worst thing and just so sad.

Every commenter in that sub uses the same generic "I bet you're really sad on the inside" insult while imagining they are Hannibal Lecter cracking the OP's psyche wide open.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Scholtz posted:

hey someone roast me

ladies and gentlemen, this man is for the birds!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

It never fails, every roast attempted towards a woman without any solid ammo like buck teeth or a hunchback is the worst thing and just so sad.

I admit I'm not a roast fan, but aren't they supposed to be funny?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Puppy Time posted:

At least funny to other people. That roast was just sad. There were other things they could have said.

Her eyebrows look like background characters in a Bug's Life.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Puppy Time posted:

I'd heard of r/roastme before but never really looked so I took a moment to check out a few of them.

The answer appears to be no.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dienes posted:

Every commenter in that sub uses the same generic "I bet you're really sad on the inside" insult while imagining they are Hannibal Lecter cracking the OP's psyche wide open.

Yeah. I've had guys use that on me before. They can't respond when you're like "Yeah, no poo poo. Tell me something I didn't know. " Like, the idea a woman could be well-aware of the fact she's looking for validation and has the brokebrains just seems to shock them every time.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Garrand posted:

I'd heard of r/roastme before but never really looked so I took a moment to check out a few of them.

The answer appears to be no.

What made roasts funny in the past is that they were generally specific jokes about a persons flaws and features. The jokes were personal, the people knew each other, and there was a sense of camaraderie.

The reddit ones are strangers so they are just generic one liners trying to out edge each other.

I’m a little depressed. I signed up for next door after hearing so much about it in this thread, and pretty much this is all I’ve seen.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Dienes posted:

Lazy misogyny is actually deep truth about the world than must be presented seriously, with as many words as possible else people might not understand that a conventionally attractive woman putting out a picture of herself and asking for commentary on an internet forum wants attention.

Has anyone ever tried to do a meta-roast, insulting the poor joke skills and general misunderstanding of what a roast is on one of these things?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

hanales posted:

What made roasts funny in the past is that they were generally specific jokes about a persons flaws and features. The jokes were personal, the people knew each other, and there was a sense of camaraderie.

The reddit ones are strangers so they are just generic one liners trying to out edge each other.

I’m a little depressed. I signed up for next door after hearing so much about it in this thread, and pretty much this is all I’ve seen.

At least you have a Next Door. I just get told I need to recruit people and make one and gently caress that noise.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zanzibar Ham posted:

He said roast, this is more of a deep fry.

I prefer broiling, myself

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

hanales posted:

Don't be depressed. Think of all those cats. :3:

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1000560049389907969

Meltdown May has progressed to Elon Musk implying that Jews own the media.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ooh boy the replies on that tweet, so many antisémites crawling out of the woodwork.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He also endorsed an article by that sex cult NXIVM who branded people lol

https://slate.com/technology/2018/0...ia=gdpr-consent

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gizmo Chicken posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1000560049389907969

Meltdown May has progressed to Elon Musk implying that Jews own the media.

If he meant anyone other than Jews, wouldn't he clarify? Also, considering the context, I can't think of anyone else he could be referring to. Like, there is no context beyond talking about the reliability of mainstream media, then saying "Well, do you know who owns the media????" so yeah.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

That cannot possibly be real.

We call them "heroes."

https://twitter.com/NRATV/status/1000140487028760576

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Araenna posted:

If he meant anyone other than Jews, wouldn't he clarify? Also, considering the context, I can't think of anyone else he could be referring to. Like, there is no context beyond talking about the reliability of mainstream media, then saying "Well, do you know who owns the media????" so yeah.

Not to defend musk, but I'm pretty sure he was saying powerful people own the media to respond to the person saying the media defends the common people against the powerful

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Araenna posted:

The generous reading is that media is controlled by powerful people. In that case he's not an anti-Semite, just an idiot who doesn't believe himself to be among the powerful.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1000195959899480065

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Linking a hilariously bad Facebook profile would probably be shunned wouldn't it

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

codo27 posted:

Linking a hilariously bad Facebook profile would probably be shunned wouldn't it

This is why god gave us screenshots.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

hanales posted:

There's a reason there's a curation account. 99% of ND is completely dull poo poo.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Olanphonia posted:

Not to defend musk, but I'm pretty sure he was saying powerful people own the media to respond to the person saying the media defends the common people against the powerful

And he did it in the most dogwhistley manner possible. Musk's a smart guy, he knows what he said and why he's now getting a bunch of replies with Nazi memes in them.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Plausible deniability in the age of Twitter is almost, but not entirely, posting the 14 words.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Inco posted:

Musk's a smart guy

But, as with many smart people who’ve met with success, he doesn’t always think deeply before he types.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Inco posted:

And he did it in the most dogwhistley manner possible. Musk's a smart guy, he knows what he said and why he's now getting a bunch of replies with Nazi memes in them.

Has he immediately responded to the deluge with something on the level of 'gently caress Nazis, that's not what I meant, Nazis are all cunts who need to goose-step into a wood-chipper', a.k.a. something that would actually show him to realize a mistake and that he has a shred of actual humanity?

Or just let the comment stand?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He’s super rich and thus has no humanity

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Breetai posted:

Has he immediately responded to the deluge with something on the level of 'gently caress Nazis, that's not what I meant, Nazis are all cunts who need to goose-step into a wood-chipper', a.k.a. something that would actually show him to realize a mistake and that he has a shred of actual humanity?

Or just let the comment stand?

His only response (replying to someone who's been congratulating him on being A Puppetmaster) and his only tweet today:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1000560807334133762

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Better guillotine just to be sure.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I mean, it's not like people didn't already have plenty of reasons to think Musk was a fuckstick. This latest temper tantrum is only the latest expression of his "I grew up as a wealthy white person during Apartheid and thus should be allowed to do whatever the hell I want without consequences" attitude.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
I came across something pretty special today.

TL:DR - Guy disrespects troops, gets a very light response regarding it, goes on anti-PC rant in return. Cognitive dissonance.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
This guy is pretty drat generous.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Marines are the Navy’s Army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

In the comments I learn that libertarians believe Robin Hood is about how taxation is theft and that he reclaims taxes from the state to return them to the citizens or something.

https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status/999651360604815360?s=19