Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

He posted a mother loving photo of himself taking a selfie on his Instagram I'm loving done with millennials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

WHAT THE gently caress HAS NEW YORK DONE TO ENES KANTER
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjTGp0EHkN2/

i saw this happen in "twin peaks". i'll call the fbi

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao the aces are coaches by bill laimbeer

Bill Laimbeer has WNBA championships to his name and don't you forget it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Enes why did you dye your hair JUST WEAR A WIG IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A lovely HAIR COLOR

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

He posted a mother loving photo of himself taking a selfie on his Instagram I'm loving done with millennials

im now an erdoganist

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

AggressivelyStupid posted:

im now an erdoganist

To evade Turkish spies looking to abduct him, Kanter goes with the Leslie Nielsen

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol apparently they’re crediting Terry Rozier with an 11th missed 3, making him officially the worst 3 point shooter in a playoff game ever

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol apparently they’re crediting Terry Rozier with an 11th missed 3, making him officially the worst 3 point shooter in a playoff game ever

James Harden did the exact same thing just a few days ago

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

jackofarcades posted:

are you also a member of the foh army

i ain't taking no orders from a ringer writer

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

real talk why did kyrie bitch out and not go to the game today

concussed kevin love made the trip

e:

https://twitter.com/BronzeHammer/status/1000935009648340992

lmao

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

AggressivelyStupid posted:

real talk why did kyrie bitch out and not go to the game today

concussed kevin love made the trip

He gone

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Well weeeeeeeellllllllllllllll

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This is a good troll because Celtics fans can get justifiably mad and point out Massachusetts is a very liberal state but nobody outside of Boston will listen

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Is this Cavs team the worst to get carried to a finals? It has to be, right?

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

triple sulk posted:

The Nets were way worse

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

triple sulk posted:

Umm, there was basketball in the 70's and every team was horrible.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

cisneros posted:

The Nets were way worse

yeah, this team was bad too

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

triple sulk posted:

The Bill Russell Celtics

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

triple sulk posted:

Did you see 2007

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How many minutes would 2007 Daniel "Boobie" Gibson get on the 2018 Cavs?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I was thinking about that 2001 team, Iverson had a ton of 45+ point games

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That Nets team the next year was a very, very gross looking roster too outside of Kidd and Jefferson, though.

The Lakers were extremely good but man they got a pair of cupcakes those two years.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Uh wasn't Mutumbo defensive player of the year that year.

That Philly team requires AI for offense. But was stout as poo poo on defense.

That's closer to the 2011 Bulls team where Rose was the offense, but they had good defensive players behind him.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dexo posted:

Uh wasn't Mutumbo defensive player of the year that year.

That Philly team requires AI for offense. But was stout as poo poo on defense.

That's closer to the 2011 Bulls team where Rose was the offense, but they had good defensive players behind him.

True but when you're going up against prime Kobe, prime Shaq in addition to a bunch of quality role players, you need more than just AI scoring.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

How many minutes would 2007 Daniel "Boobie" Gibson get on the 2018 Cavs?

A guy whose only skill was standing somewhere and shooting threes would be very valuable nowadays!

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

predicto posted:

I'm an old fucker who remembers watching Elvin Hayes and Wes Unseld play for the Bullets. I saw Kareem and Bird and Magic and Jordan and all the rest.

Lebron is the GOAT. Any who doesn't acknowledge it is a moron.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Glumslinger posted:

So who is the best team LeBron has had to play in the ECF in his current run? Cause I can't think of a single good team

The Rose MVP Bulls. I think at least one of those Detroit or previous Boston teams was good, too.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Kibner posted:

The Rose MVP Bulls. I think at least one of those Detroit or previous Boston teams was good, too.

'12 celtics had a pretty good go at them. Rondo scored 44 pts in one game. I guess that's outside of his current Cleveland run during which the East has been even more awful than usual

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Super Jay Mann posted:

Okay so if we're gonna throw out a team that won 59 games and had excellent advanced stats across the board because reasons then I don't know if any answer is worth making to that question.

They didn't have any high WS/48 players.

triple sulk posted:

Relative to league average it is the worst defensive team to make the finals. Even surpassing the 1951 Knicks.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Zogo bot, please tell us how great LeBron James is now.

code:
Player		Finals Streak	Years
Bill Russell	10		1957-1966
Sam Jones	9		1958-1966
Tom Heinsohn	9		1957-1965
Frank Ramsey	8		1957-1964
K.C. Jones	8		1959-1966
LeBron James	8		2011-2018

Player			Finals Appearances
Bill Russell		12
Sam Jones		11
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	10
Jerry West		9
Magic Johnson		9
Tom Heinsohn		9
LeBron James		9
LBJ is the first player to lead two separate teams to 4+ finals streaks:

code:
Streak		Team			NBA Finals
10 seasons	Boston Celtics		1957–1966
4 seasons	Los Angeles Lakers	1982–1985
4 seasons	Boston Celtics		1984–1987
4 seasons	Miami Heat		2011–2014
4 seasons	Cleveland Cavaliers	2015–2018
In career statistics he has more work to do to pass Kareem and Wilt. Kareem had nearly 50,000 points. Wilt had nearly 30,000 rebounds.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Cool Buff Man posted:

You're allowed to joke about tragedy dude it's ok

I get angry at Katrina jokes, so, I kinda feel that guy. I don't think I would have quite that kind of outburst, though.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kibner posted:

I get angry at Katrina jokes, so, I kinda feel that guy. I don't think I would have quite that kind of outburst, though.

Zyla is probably hella drunk, to be fair.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

I hope I never have to see the "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" side of you Kibner. Although an outburst like that would be good from you tbqh

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Probably Magic posted:

That's also a weird one-sided insta-sixer considerin circumstances but hey.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Probably Magic posted:

I got some very angry PMs :smith:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Cool Buff Man posted:

I hope I never have to see the "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" side of you Kibner. Although an outburst like that would be good from you tbqh

I tend to log off if I get that angry. I've only gotten that "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" mad a handful of times in my life. One time was in either college or high school and my mom and/or brother did a series of things over the course of a couple weeks and I snapped. Left their house and got in my car and just started yelling. My then-GF was with me and got really scared and scooted away as far as she could until a few minutes after I calmed down.

That hurt me, and I haven't gotten that angry since. Went back to using a lot of the techniques my therapist from when I was in elementary and middle school taught me to deal with my parents' divorce and then my dad's death in addition to just more daily reflection.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

I tend to log off if I get that angry. I've only gotten that "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" mad a handful of times in my life. One time was in either college or high school and my mom and/or brother did a series of things over the course of a couple weeks and I snapped. Left their house and got in my car and just started yelling. My then-GF was with me and got really scared and scooted away as far as she could until a few minutes after I calmed down.

That hurt me, and I haven't gotten that angry since. Went back to using a lot of the techniques my therapist from when I was in elementary and middle school taught me to deal with my parents' divorce and then my dad's death in addition to just more daily reflection.

Well that's admirable, you're a strong guy. I only got rid of most of the remnants of my temper when I had a TBI and almost died which isn't quite as noble but I certainly don't miss getting that angry

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

Kibner posted:

You probably haven't had anything truly bad happen to you because the world has way way more stuff that'll bum you out than make you mad, that also makes getting mad a laughable luxury by comparison

Maybe that's just a temperament thing or maybe you've never walked in on a ten year-old kid who's been hanging from a light fixture by their neck for a couple days

Or maybe you've never had your team up 3-1 in an NBA Finals only to lose to the GOAT

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Schlieren posted:

You probably haven't had anything truly bad happen to you because the world has way way more stuff that'll bum you out than make you mad, that also makes getting mad a laughable luxury by comparison

Maybe that's just a temperament thing or maybe you've never walked in on a ten year-old kid who's been hanging from a light fixture by their neck for a couple days

Or maybe you've never had your team up 3-1 in an NBA Finals only to lose to the GOAT

Yeah, the worst I have had to deal with was stupid family issues that was, at worst, domestic violence, an untimely passing, alzheimer's, and cancer. Crying because I couldn't cry at my pawpaw's funeral. Things like that. Nothing as tragic as walking in on a successful suicide attempt or an active murder or anything. e2: this is sincere and not sarcasm

Being at the game and about 30 feet from where CP3 got his knee shredded by a sideline camera (also, it was the first NBA I ever attended and the tickets were a birthday/Christmas gift from my mom) and later watching the team fall apart due to injury the first year I really started following them is up there, I guess.

e: oh, my dad's brother wanting one weekend a month custody of me (but not my brother) despite taking things from my dad's house, laying down his bike, racing his car, and not including my side of the family in any of the funeral proceedings but wanting us to pay for half of it pissed me off a good bit, too

Kibner fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 28, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Schlieren posted:

Whatever you were trying to prove is really dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

I got some very angry PMs :smith:

That doesn't sound very boston strong imho :/

• Locked thread