Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Wasn't there a bug/issue with some car that was supposed to be free during a past event not being free on PC? Because I think that's still around, I bought some cars and my alt account's cash has disappeared :laffo:

No trace in the transaction log though, but I assume it was one of the cars that are "free" on the ingame websites but actually it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Last freebie was the Hermes. Christmas day 2017 was the "free day". Was supposed to be free but if you purchased it before getting the ingame text, you got charged for it. Later got a refund for the amount you paid for it.

Per R* math it all worked out? I bought one at regular price(-$535k), then bought a second free one for 0 dollars after getting the text. I sold the regular one for half price(+$260k ish), and then got a refund for the full amount(+$535k) the next day. Yeah that sounds about right

If you didn't see the black screen (YOURE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN ADJUSTED BY -$15,000,023) during loading, then I agree something shady is going on. Good luck?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Nah it's not adjusted, I was just buying free cars on the alt and suddenly most of the money was gone. It probably was the Hermes because that one still shows up as free to me for some reason and I do remember getting that.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Yah, finally got it last night.

I just logged in to see the car crash glitch over at the vineyard and my money showed up.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/yan2295/status/997572258527961090?s=21

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

No Girls Allowed :mrgw:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I want a nightclub where a motorcycle is a requirement for entry and the interior becomes the world's worst motocross track.

It's basically like that time a few goons took bikes into Vanilla Unicorn and we tried to ramp off the stage.

That might also have been the time we were proxy mining the hallway back to the dressing room to see how much air the strippers got when they came flying out the curtains..

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
i reckon it'll be about twice the buy-in of import/export and about half the payout.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Minigames for selling X in the club and stopping others from doing the same.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

CBJSprague24 posted:

I want a nightclub where a motorcycle is a requirement for entry and the interior becomes the world's worst motocross track.

It's basically like that time a few goons took bikes into Vanilla Unicorn and we tried to ramp off the stage.

That might also have been the time we were proxy mining the hallway back to the dressing room to see how much air the strippers got when they came flying out the curtains..

Good times.

You and aard were always good at discovering, uh, "emergent gameplay" :)

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
It's worth remembering that there have been unused nightclub interiors since launch.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Will it come with a guest appearance by Gay Tony and/or Luis Lopez?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
sell missions where you have to tend bar but the 31 other players in the session are punching you in the back of the head

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is there a cute office manager you can get it on with like Luis Lopez could at his club? My character is on a pretty significant drought.

Hugh Malone posted:

Good times.

You and aard were always good at discovering, uh, "emergent gameplay" :)

And Wee Bairns. :)

I miss it. :(

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Jose Mengelez posted:

sell missions where you have to tend bar but the 31 other players in the session are punching you in the back of the head

I would start playing this again.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Jose Mengelez posted:

I found a preview video of this game mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naremP5nL3w&t=20s

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Expert landing by some other person

Also, i'm guessing this is the new DLC? :haw:

Powershift fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 21, 2018

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Aero Jesus died for your griefing sins.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
My crew emblems have vanished. Anyone else notice this? It looks like the other small crews I was in lost theirs too, but looks like IGN still has one.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Phweengee posted:

My crew emblems have vanished. Anyone else notice this? It looks like the other small crews I was in lost theirs too, but looks like IGN still has one.

The servers have been garbage for a week now, that might just bee a symptom.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Yeah the central servers have been having issues. The Job server was down for a while last night, and some of the dynamic images in the game have been failing to load, such as the objective pictures on the heist setup board and crew emblems.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If only you misers bought more shark cards, they could afford to update the servers, instead the original servers from 2013 are now struggling under the weight of the 95 million copies of the game out there.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

They should figure out how to run this p2p so it doesn’t rely on a single server to bottleneck

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
But then how would they be able to force you to stop playing it by switching it off someday?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I haven't been on for about a week, so I missed out on all the server shenanigans. So what did Rockstar break this time?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The biggest reason I uninstalled this game is because it takes like 10 straight minutes to load that poo poo up into a server. And even then it might still fail. Otherwise I'd still play it from time to time.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The biggest reason I uninstalled this game is because it takes like 10 straight minutes to load that poo poo up into a server. And even then it might still fail. Otherwise I'd still play it from time to time.

yank your ethernet cable out for a second (or use session sweeper if you're on pc) when you're stuck in the clouds and it'll drop you into a session alone, then hit "find new session" and it should put you in one in a fraction of the time.

i haven't the faintest clue why this works.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
oh and launching singleplayer first helps.
singleplayer to online takes twice as many loading screens but about half the total time.

game is held together with old gum.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Doc Brown's new yatch lookin good

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jose Mengelez posted:

yank your ethernet cable out for a second (or use session sweeper if you're on pc) when you're stuck in the clouds and it'll drop you into a session alone, then hit "find new session" and it should put you in one in a fraction of the time.

i haven't the faintest clue why this works.

I've been doing the ethernet cable trick to do solo sessions when nat check doesn't work(xbone scrub here)

I'll have to try this for when I get stuck in the new session loop.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

I made the wise decision to go back to story mode instead of grinding I/E and coke runs. Does anyone know if you actually can influence the stock market by attacking vehicles belonging to a company's competitor (Logger/Pisswasser, AirEMU/FlyUS etc)? I'm not talking about Franklin's assassination missions, just regular sandbox play. I've tried blowing up some Pisswasser trucks, but it didn't seem to boost Logger much...

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This guy seems full of poo poo only because there is no loving way in hell Rockstar is going to try to retroactively fix/change anything like consolidating businesses.

These are people who won't add new features to old vehicles, won't put armor on the Amored Boxville, released a reject Avenger as the Bombuska.... yeah they're not fixing poo poo.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
From watching a few guys on YouTube that do news/speculation vids, this guy is usually right.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I can only imagine "business consolidation" would be an excuse to sell another expensive property that can control both CEO and MC stuff.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

FuturePastNow posted:

I can only imagine "business consolidation" would be an excuse to sell another expensive property that can control both CEO and MC stuff.

cant wait to buy a regular old mansion to control all my business from... rather than the nuclear bunker or secret underground facility i already own.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Freudian slippers posted:

I made the wise decision to go back to story mode instead of grinding I/E and coke runs. Does anyone know if you actually can influence the stock market by attacking vehicles belonging to a company's competitor (Logger/Pisswasser, AirEMU/FlyUS etc)? I'm not talking about Franklin's assassination missions, just regular sandbox play. I've tried blowing up some Pisswasser trucks, but it didn't seem to boost Logger much...

There are very specific instances where you can min max the stock market in single player if you want to get each your characters $2 billion. Outside of that, no.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Jose Mengelez posted:

cant wait to buy a regular old mansion to control all my business from... rather than the nuclear bunker or secret underground facility i already own.

can't wait to spend 10 million on a mansion where I can't sit in the hot tub in a public session because eight other players own that mansion and the back yard is a war zone

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jose Mengelez posted:

Irregardless

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

This guy seems full of poo poo only because there is no loving way in hell Rockstar is going to try to retroactively fix/change anything like consolidating businesses.

These are people who won't add new features to old vehicles, won't put armor on the Amored Boxville, released a reject Avenger as the Bombuska.... yeah they're not fixing poo poo.

The official GTA Facebook page just posted a photo of four (apparently) EDM artists bracketed by "Los Santos" and "Summer 2018". Lots of speculation this is for a new radio station which will coincide with the launch of club management.

https://www.facebook.com/grandtheftautoV/photos/a.500837886607742.118719.473819899309541/1981485448542971/?type=3

I...kinda want to play that game mode especially since between the money I have and my X80 Bonds, I have all the money I'll need for as long as I want to play this game. Who's with me, PS4 Goons? Malakai?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

CBJSprague24 posted:

The official GTA Facebook page just posted a photo of four (apparently) EDM artists bracketed by "Los Santos" and "Summer 2018". Lots of speculation this is for a new radio station which will coincide with the launch of club management.

https://www.facebook.com/grandtheftautoV/photos/a.500837886607742.118719.473819899309541/1981485448542971/?type=3

I...kinda want to play that game mode especially since between the money I have and my X80 Bonds, I have all the money I'll need for as long as I want to play this game. Who's with me, PS4 Goons? Malakai?

When major new content drops, I will be back irregardless