Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
If you hate camping go camp in Bryce Canyon during August when its mostly 70 degrees despite being in the desert, the hoodoos are cool from a formation perspective, you can see Arizona on a clear day despite being in Utah, pronghorn antelopes like to graze and run in the fields, and at night you can see every goddamn star in the sky.

It's much better than Zion really because its much less easy to be miserable and die horribly.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Defiance Industries posted:

I hear this from people who live in bumfuck nowhere flyover states and I want to ask what kind of nightmare you think living in a city is that I need to take "breaks" from it.

It's goddamn amazing.

I live in The Bronx, I can hear the 6 train running while at work all day. The parks here are great but nothing is like heading out to the woods where it's dead quiet. Hell if I'd live somewhere like that, but it's good to change the pace.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Endless Mike posted:

It's 2018. There is very much internet outside.

Bad phone internet. Good and cool my laptop internet isn't. :colbert:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Accident Underwater posted:

I live in The Bronx, I can hear the 6 train running while at work all day. The parks here are great but nothing is like heading out to the woods where it's dead quiet. Hell if I'd live somewhere like that, but it's good to change the pace.

Yeah I feel the same way, I live in San Francisco right by a major thoroughfare so I get a lot of traffic noise. I go running in the big parks a lot and it is often quieter but it's not like being out in nature. Thankfully my family has a small older cabin in a quiet area about three hours away, so I can get away for a long weekend when I need to decompress.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Ya know what's a darn yummy fruit? Fuya persimmon.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
im watching the coca cola 600 bc my dad works in nascar, and i like night races. his team is definitely jobber status, but not absolutely so, they've won a few races, kinda like a heath slater of nascar teams, a lovable underdog.

im actually kinda loving it i havent watched racing for years but we've had these f1 fans coming into my work for the past few months, and they watched both that and the indy 500 at my work and welp here i am watchin racin.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

shiksa posted:

im watching the coca cola 600 bc my dad works in nascar, and i like night races. his team is definitely jobber status, but not absolutely so, they've won a few races, kinda like a heath slater of nascar teams, a lovable underdog.

im actually kinda loving it i havent watched racing for years but we've had these f1 fans coming into my work for the past few months, and they watched both that and the indy 500 at my work and welp here i am watchin racin.

I've worked IT for race teams before, its pretty fun but extremely challenging stuff. Zero interest in the actual racing but watching the pit crews fascinates the hell out of me.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I had a murder-suicide in my building and the woods can still go gently caress themselves. Why would anyone go sit in the middle of nowhere when they have an alternative?

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 28, 2018

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i started playing Stellaris and i've been playing for 10 hours straight every night for the past few days and i think i'm dying so i'm going to stop playing it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m in tokyo and it took me about 10 minutes to flush the toilet in a fancy cafe

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want to like and play paradox games but i have mental problems where I can't

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can't believe I never played Until Dawn before, having written it off as some David Cage horseshit. Thanks thread, it's great!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Road trip to Virginia Beach was fun, was only there for a full day, but I did what I wanted to do, really enjoyed going up north to my friend's house by the river in Urbanna, VA. I'm probably going to go down there in the fall for the Oyster Festival which is just a big gettogether with friends and family.

I will probably stop more than once when I drive down this time, people weren't meant to drive for 6 hrs straight nonstop.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Oh, I just noticed the date. No wonder I hadn’t heard of this. Unless you drugged and raped like 20 women poo poo didn’t matter pre-Weinstein

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I went to a nerd convention over the weekend and saw over a dozen people in Bullet Club and Bullet Club Adjacent shirts, 3 LIJ shirts, 4 non-classic wrestling cosplayers, and a few pieces of Being The Elite fanart for sale up from a total of 0 last year. I think it's official- pro wrestling popular again.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Are there any other performing arts PSP goons? At various points in my life I've dabbled in acting, standup, and improv (plus teaching, which is absolutely a performing art, imo). I've been getting back onstage a lot lately so I figured I'd bring it up here. It's fun, I recommend it!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Karmine posted:

Are there any other performing arts PSP goons? At various points in my life I've dabbled in acting, standup, and improv (plus teaching, which is absolutely a performing art, imo). I've been getting back onstage a lot lately so I figured I'd bring it up here. It's fun, I recommend it!

i was a theater guy in high school in college, and i've been playing in bands since college too. i really do love performing, it's my favorite thing to do. made a hundred bucks at a show on friday too which ruled. rip quenchers in chicago, you will be torn down in a few weeks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cavauro posted:

4x games are a dying art, sadly. Along with tabletop miniature gaming, there's a chance you might not see it in 20 years.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Cavauro posted:

You're better off this way, trust me

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Karmine posted:

Im a musician and i will agree getting on stage and preforming is tres bien. Quit my job today gently caress work.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

decided my soundcloud didn't have enough weird loud poo poo so I updated it. I'm not sorry(sorta).

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Suplex Liberace posted:

Im a musician and i will agree getting on stage and preforming is tres bien. Quit my job today gently caress work.

This is cool good for you

coconono posted:

decided my soundcloud didn't have enough weird loud poo poo so I updated it. I'm not sorry(sorta).

What's the link?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This is cool good for you

What's the link?

soundcloud.com/coconono

some of that poo poo is LOUD, so you were warned.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

coconono posted:

soundcloud.com/coconono

some of that poo poo is LOUD, so you were warned.

Nice man, it's rad. Playing through some of the older ones now too.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Karmine posted:

I handle light and sound for a local community theatre. Theatre is good.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I’ve performed live music in a few capacities, it is awesome. Also the music I make these days is really angry and I though you were supposed to let that stuff go when you got older. Also I did improv classes and ended up doing an accidental stand up set for three minutes that went well (people liked it and laughed) but I can’t write jokes so I keep my bad humor to personal interactions. and this forum

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Glad Zack Snyder is no longer being subtle since his next passion project is an adaptation of The Fountainhead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

Glad Zack Snyder is no longer being subtle since his next passion project is an adaptation of The Fountainhead.

*reaches arm out from under still growing mountain of evidence to choke out "Man of Steel...was...good...."*

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

*reaches arm out from under still growing mountain of evidence to choke out "Man of Steel...was...good...."*

Compared to BVS, Suicide Squad, and Justice League, yeah of course

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm going to pick up Subnautica when it's on sale. That game looks pretty as hell.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

I liked BvS too. :smith:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

I'm going to pick up Subnautica when it's on sale. That game looks pretty as hell.

It definitely is, I just goof around with it in freeform mode and built myself a giant undersea base.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It definitely is, I just goof around with it in freeform mode and built myself a giant undersea base.

This is exactly the way to play Subnautica, not because the survival mechanics in the normal mode are hard but rather because they're not in any way fun and don't really add anything to the game. It is way, way more engrossing as a game about swimming around gawking at weird alien fish before having a party in your sealab.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

achillesforever6 posted:

I will probably stop more than once when I drive down this time, people weren't meant to drive for 6 hrs straight nonstop.

As someone who did the “south of DC to the west suburbs of Pittsburgh” drive once a month for twelve years, this is my response when people make fun/question the existence of Breezewood.

Plus an oasis of fast food Americana you have no choice but to drive through warms my capitalist heart.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I went camping once. The good part was that I ended up making out with a girl I had a crush on at the time. The bad part was I caught a case of toenail fungus I can't seem to cure.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Um, one of those won an Oscar. MOS can't say that! :rolleyes:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Suicide Squad was not the worst movie I've ever seen but it sure is hell the most obnoxious.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CarlCX posted:

This is exactly the way to play Subnautica, not because the survival mechanics in the normal mode are hard but rather because they're not in any way fun and don't really add anything to the game. It is way, way more engrossing as a game about swimming around gawking at weird alien fish before having a party in your sealab.

I bought it early release and the base building was just coming online. I covered up my base with rock so none of the larger predators couldn’t eat my base.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Question for the cooks in the thread:

So I'm trying to eat healthier and while I'm not vegan I'm very very close to it. But I've noticed a lot of vegans do this thing where they "fry in water" instead of oil. (Meaning they put water in the pan instead of a teaspoon of spoon when a recipe calls for it. I know oil adds calories--yummy delicious calories--but is there any real benefit to cooking in water or is it vegan quackery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

Suicide Squad was not the worst movie I've ever seen but it sure is hell the most obnoxious.

For me that award belongs forever to The Spirit.