Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Fix It posted:

This game just popped up in my Steam discovery queue: https://store.steampowered.com/app/821800/ADRLabelling_Game/

Check that price :eyepop: it's available for around a 100th the price on ios/android

Maybe they were morons and typed the full cost into the dollar field or something like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Trees: the most dangerous game creature of all

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

Suddenly the .700NE makes sense.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

shame on an IGA posted:

silent, but deadly

if a tree falls in the forest and a logger's hand is underneath, does he make a sound?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Mr. Fix It posted:

This game just popped up in my Steam discovery queue: https://store.steampowered.com/app/821800/ADRLabelling_Game/

Check that price :eyepop: it's available for around a 100th the price on ios/android

quote:

Steam version clarification
Steam version of ADR-Labelling Game is meant for educational use by institutes and schools, and purchasing this version grants the right to use the software in their education. If you are using ADR-Labelling for your personal use, we recommend getting the Android or iOs version.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
No trading cards :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Nice Nazi robot bomb replica at 25 minutes mark, but without the remote controls. And 60 kg of explosives I hope...

The buggy longlegs? *clears throat* "The soviets used a boat."

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

mostlygray posted:

Loggers on the other hand are always missing fingers.

:hai:

Did the cable they were using to lift the whole thing fail at the end there?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mr. Fix It posted:

Lol my eyes popped out too at that near 600 dollar price. Reminds me of that stupid train poo poo on steam where all the DLC would cost like $10k

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That's an educational/institutional license, FYI

Does steam let you sell a license that can be used on multiple computers at the same time?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I need to write to SKM to see if their PowerTools software could be licensed through Steam.

They stopped responding to emails after I requested time-current curves for a ten penny nail, a penny, a gum wrapper, and a man.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Sagebrush posted:

That's an educational/institutional license, FYI

Does steam let you sell a license that can be used on multiple computers at the same time?
At its barest its just a storefront and content distribution, you can sell software that doesn't need to work through Steam if you don't want that.

Steam copy protection won't be able to do any soft enforcement of a group license and there's generally better ways to sell institutional licenses even if you aren't a pro. The makers of that thing thus literally know no one who could do actual effective marketing and publishing. And probably for good reason, there's only so much those graphics are going to get you over an interactive training presentation which you can probably license for the same price for every topic you'd need to brief a yard operator or security shack on and not just placarding.

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:
I can't find them, but I'm pretty sure the stats for all but the man have been posted here.

RE: Steam Game: I bet that it's not meant to be sold as a game, but as underground currency.
• Criminal Andy has 9 gallons of psuedophedrine, and wants guns.
• Gun-runner Brad is not interested in cold medicine.
• Andy trades his chems for 100 copies of 'Asset Flip: The Game' and then trades those to Brad for delicious guns.

Moto42 fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 27, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mr. Fix It posted:

Well, it also says that the Steam version is aimed at educational institutions and training centers, and recommends the iOS/Android version for a personal use.

E: beaten like the dead horse this forum is :argh:

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 27, 2018

EssOEss
Oct 23, 2006
128-bit approved
What exactly failed in the glass drop video? I can't make out why it stopped being attached to the crane.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

EssOEss posted:

What exactly failed in the glass drop video? I can't make out why it stopped being attached to the crane.

The tiny little cable snapped. You can make it go in slow mo and you can see how it coils up from the tension being released.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
After watching a dude scurry about the ledge with no tie off, I was disappointed by the one guy trying to grab the rope of the falling glass not just getting ragdolled right on over.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Cow Eats Phone Wires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE63-Hw9yeY&feature=youtu.be

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

RabbitWizard posted:

quote:

Steam version clarification
Steam version of ADR-Labelling Game is meant for educational use by institutes and schools, and purchasing this version grants the right to use the software in their education. If you are using ADR-Labelling for your personal use, we recommend getting the Android or iOs version.

Oh yeah, I noticed that which is why I mentioned the ios/android version in my spoiler. I probably should've been more clear.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
Fun Shoe

this showed up in my inbox today

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Okay, I know what I'm seeing here, but what am I seeing here?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Is that battery conductive where it isn't supposed to be conductive?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's an earth cable connected... back to itself.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
Fun Shoe
It's a piece of rifle brass being used as a spacer for a battery terminal. Prolly not unsafe but it seems hinky as hell.

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 09:46 on May 28, 2018

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's a built-in 350A fuse.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

RabbitWizard posted:

There are a lot of wrong things in this whole video, but the timestamped one is the wrongest of all imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-n59D6RQNQ&t=1022s

I love that the process is
1) Insert log
2) Run. The gently caress. Away.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

OSHA advice from Bukowski

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Enourmo posted:

The branch chewer at 12:20-ish is pretty hilarious too, but a lot of those have either slow action (lots of time to walk to safety) or low amounts of kinetic energy, and in no way can be called proper farm-rigged deathtraps.

I'm sure this has been posted 10 million times in here by now but here's a proper :stonk: contraption:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ejWHlPLaE

How about an actually nice one for a change:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk-XcO7mcD0

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

His Divine Shadow posted:

How about an actually nice one for a change:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk-XcO7mcD0

Wrong thread, it's even got a safety feature!

(this thing is super cool)

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

Wrong thread, it's even got a safety feature!

(this thing is super cool)

I dunno, the positive stop spring loaded safety bar is pretty OSHA, not gonna lie. The dude is even wearing ear pro! This is the old salty gently caress slavic dude who saw some poo poo and refused to be like his one eyed, one armed drinking buddies.

Methylethylaldehyde fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 28, 2018

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://i.imgur.com/L7DQPQ4.mp4

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

He's wearing earpro, all good here.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
I'm not an expert, but looks like he struck a power line. I've cut a cable running 230V before because I didn't know the right breaker, this is the pro version.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

From the way he was standing around after I was expecting him to be totally covered in soot except for his eyes like a cartoon character

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
He probably got blinded (if lucky only for a few seconds or minutes) and that's why he didn't move.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

RabbitWizard posted:

He probably got blinded (if lucky only for a few seconds or minutes) and that's why he didn't move.

And deafened, and possibly with a mild to moderate concussion. Arc flashes are nothing to gently caress with.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

And deafened, and possibly with a mild to moderate concussion. Arc flashes are nothing to gently caress with.

Yeah but when you're down in the electricity mines every day, these things are just an occupational hazard.

I'm guessing the main explanation behind what he was doing is "Russia"?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
^^^^
Was this photo taken at the cool-aid hospital?

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

I dunno, the positive stop spring loaded safety bar is pretty OSHA, not gonna lie. The dude is even wearing ear pro! This is the old salty gently caress slavic dude who saw some poo poo and refused to be like his one eyed, one armed drinking buddies.

This guy is swedish though, not slavic.