Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

mango sentinel posted:

I really love the concept of Bad Moons but ostentations clothes and accessories are so strongly associated with black people in popular culture that I have a hard time appreciating them without questioning my own prejudices.

Flash gits (of which typically tend to be from the Bad Moon tribe) is a British perjorative for anyone who flaunts their wealth. Think Essex wideboys, “loadsamoney,” “considerably richer than yao”. It’s not a race thing, it’s an economic/social class thing, dating from the 80s, and we’ve always been OK with that in Britain. I have a “loadsateef” clan I’m slowly working on - base colour is red though as eff trying to do yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

moths posted:

The disco ball squig definitely takes it out of racist 70s pimp territory.

The ascent of Disco and Blaxsploitation were concurrent. The animal print feels like a big tell that it's copying pimp tropes and not exclusively disco.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

goatface posted:

Ordo Copyrightus

I’m the heretical Infringus chapter

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

I’m the heretical Infringus chapter

Chapter Master Rico Raynor and Chief Librarian Ripley.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Milotic posted:

Essex wideboys

Lmao

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm a wideboy

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Milotic posted:

Flash gits (of which typically tend to be from the Bad Moon tribe) is a British perjorative for anyone who flaunts their wealth. Think Essex wideboys, “loadsamoney,” “considerably richer than yao”. It’s not a race thing, it’s an economic/social class thing, dating from the 80s, and we’ve always been OK with that in Britain. I have a “loadsateef” clan I’m slowly working on - base colour is red though as eff trying to do yellow.

Yeah, it's loving weird to overlay race onto the Orks. They are really specific versions of British societal dregs from the 80s and 90s. From football hooligans to Essex boys. Combat 18 style Neo Nazis, and Boy Racers through to Braveheart Neds. All wrapped up in the trappings of punk culture.

mango sentinel posted:

The ascent of Disco and Blaxsploitation were concurrent. The animal print feels like a big tell that it's copying pimp tropes and not exclusively disco.

It's an Ork in awesome, awful, exaggerated period garb. That's all it is. Have a cup of tea.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Yeah, it's loving weird to overlay race onto the Orks. They are really specific versions of British societal dregs from the 80s and 90s. From football hooligans to Essex boys. Combat 18 style Neo Nazis, and Boy Racers through to Braveheart Neds. All wrapped up in the trappings of punk culture.

I think it's because I ran across some obvious hip hop inspired Flash Gitz when first learning about Orks a couple years ago and it made me kinda vigilant. I understand the origins of the unit and who they're supposed to be mocking, I've just seen it go bad in other directions.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

mango sentinel posted:

I think it's because I ran across some obvious hip hop inspired Flash Gitz when first learning about Orks a couple years ago and it made me kinda vigilant. I understand the origins of the unit and who they're supposed to be mocking, I've just seen it go bad in other directions.

You just need more exposure to bad moons, I prescribe painting a bad moons army yourself and theming them any way you want.

Then we will judge your decision.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Hamshot posted:

You just need more exposure to bad moons, I prescribe painting a bad moons army yourself and theming them any way you want.

Then we will judge your decision.

But only after you have painted 200 of them.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
There's a few impractical looking features here.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

these age of sigmar names are getting out of hand

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Im the vagina dentata.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Sure, why not.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oh, is Kingdom Death getting ready for a new release?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

they should have sent a poet

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:orks:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I legit want to make a bigger scale one of these to use as a Dakkajet.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

This owns bones so hard it legally possesses all our skeletons.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I wondered if Orks would support the Dark Side (more dakka?) or the Light Side (Faster?) of the force, which got me thinking about Ork philosophy and then:

quote:

If youse sees Gork on da road, krump 'im!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LashLightning posted:

I wondered if Orks would support the Dark Side (more dakka?) or the Light Side (Faster?) of the force, which got me thinking about Ork philosophy and then:

Surely that should be the Dakka side?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I will take is as an article of faith that there is a little seat for a grot with a dome helmet back there.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

LashLightning posted:

quote:

If youse sees Gork on da road, krump 'im! 

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LashLightning posted:

They'd definitely all have red lightsabers.

They vwoom better.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They'd definitely all have red lightsabers.

They vwoom better.

Considering they're Orks, they'd also explode on the regular.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The first step on the path to the dark side is "Fear". Ergo Orks would never turn to the dark side.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

Considering they're Orks, they'd also explode on the regular.

They would absolutely splutter like Kylo Ren's. But much, much more.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ork lightsabers are indistinguishable from flamers.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ork force users would be like Wierd-Boyz

Only way way Wierder.

DA FORCE BOYZ.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I felts a great 'sturbance in da Force, as if millions o' gits suddenly cried out fer a krumpin' and weren't suddenly krumped.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

YOUSE GONNA TRY??!

DOES IT OR DON'T, YA USELESS GIT!!!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

turns out midichlorians are a type of nanosquig.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Yoda was a grot

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Screaming Idiot posted:

Yoda was a grot

canon

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
'ave you eva 'eard the story of Plagueis da Weirdboy? I fort not. It's not a story da umies would tell ya.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Nooo FLG, pull up.