Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
You can’t set rules and expectations for your children’s behavior, or not buy them $300,000 educations. That’s abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

value-brand cereal posted:

"I have been a handsy parent so when she threatened to not visit us for a week(she has 4 weeks off), "

Does this mean violence,or intending to be a physical presence in raising her as oppose to loving off except birthdays and holidays?

I’m guessing just a typo/autocorrect for hands-on.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Pick posted:

I was really disappointed you weren't in the last game, you would have been great on the orca case.

:3: me too.

Edit: wait, there's been one more since then. The Apollo's step-brother one. I liked it.

Bored fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 28, 2018

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Boyfriend [25m] keeps being contacted by his mother’s landlord/friend [35F] at odd hours of the nights.

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for a year and a half now. We have great communication, and I have no doubts about his fidelity and commitment to our relationship. We went on vacation to Vegas, and his spending habits while there really raised a red flag to me. He gambled a lot, I am not a gambler at all. I’m a “single mom” who works really hard and goes to college so I can’t splurge. I mentioned to him this was a concern and that I wasn’t happy with this situation since we have been saving to buy a house and move in together before the fall next year. He didn’t see an issue since we were on vacation and didn’t understand where I was coming from. This led me to take a step back and we went on a “break” for two weeks per my request. This is relevant because his mother mentioned to her landlord(35 yo female) that we were on a break.

Since then, this woman has increased late messages at night which my boyfriend has shown to me every single one. This whole thing started three years ago, even before I met him, she made advances to him and he flat out told her he wasn’t interested. She went away for a year or so. Then, a year ago she started by randomly sending him Snaps at 1:30am, 2:30am, 3:30am. My boyfriend would simply ask me “can you check my phone and see who’s texting?” Her messages went from “wow, I can’t stop thinking about you” to “wow, I want you so bad.” She’s known all along we’re in a relationship. My boyfriend started by ignoring her and not engaging as to not create drama since she’s his mom landlord and good friend.

Then, after the third snap in a week he asked her to please stop contacting him because he was happy in his relationship and he was not interested at all. She continued with late messages and he ended up blocking her off Snapchat. She created a new account under a different name and added him on Snapchat. My boyfriend really doesn’t post much so he doesn’t really care more for social media or who’s on it. She was just seeing what he posted and didn’t contact him for about 9 months but again he didn’t bother to check who this person was. Fast forward to our “break” two months ago, this woman has started back up with the late night Snaps. She’s found ways to always be at my boyfriend’s mom’s house when my boyfriend is visiting. His mother has made comments as to “So and So really talks a lot about you all the time.”

What I find even more troubling, is that my boyfriend’s mother has encouraged this woman to pursue him. As of two weeks ago, this woman has been blocked on all social media due to the contact twice or three times a week. He doesn’t have any intentions on pursuing this woman as we’re committed. I asked if anything had happened in the past, and he denies anything happening. I trust him and know that if anything had taken place he would communicate that to me. I’m very secure in our relationship but this woman is pissing me off.

Last night we were out with some friends at a local bar, a woman approaches our table when my boyfriend stepped to the bathroom. This woman started like this “where is D(boyfriend)? I want to meet him. My friend talks a lot about him. She’s got nothing but great things to say about him.” I kept my cool, and said “he’s in the bathroom and I’m his girlfriend. Yes, he’s a great guy. Please tell your friend to stop harassing him.” She walks away and a few minutes later my boyfriend comes to the table. I tell him what happens and he says, “well she’s standing right over there by the door, I don’t understand why she would send a friend over to say that.” Then she proceeded to snap my boyfriend from her friend’s phone and said “I see you’re back with her, I still want you really bad.”

My boyfriend sent her a message this morning and said “this is not okay. You need to stop contacting me. This is stopping now. I’m not interested and will never be.” Since the beginning I have let him handle this situation and have not engaged her. At this point I really want to contact her and tell her to back off, I know it isn’t my place. But I’m tired of this situation and I need to say something since she’s not getting it. Am I wrong for wanting to stand up for our relationship?

TL;DR: boyfriend’s mom’s landlord and friend keeps making advances to him. I have not gotten involved but this is getting out of hand. She’s not getting him saying he is not interested. I feel like I need to stand up for our relationship.

How badly does the boyfriend's mom hate the girlfriend that she is pushing a serial killer on her son?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

You can’t set rules and expectations for your children’s behavior, or not buy them $300,000 educations. That’s abuse.

If the normal kid brought a dude with her during the week visit, what kinda guy do you think would piss off the dad the most? African-American? Sub-Saharan African? Pakistani with 2 wives?

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Dienes posted:

Boyfriend [25m] keeps being contacted by his mother’s landlord/friend [35F] at odd hours of the nights.

How badly does the boyfriend's mom hate the girlfriend that she is pushing a serial killer on her son?

Now I really want to know how much he blew on gambling. Was it $500 or $10,000?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That guy whose parents sued to evict him.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

My Imaginary GF posted:

If the normal kid brought a dude with her during the week visit, what kinda guy do you think would piss off the dad the most? African-American? Sub-Saharan African? Pakistani with 2 wives?
An Indian guy, but a poor one from the wrong caste. It hurts more when it's so close to what you want yet completely unacceptable than when it's blatantly flouting your preferences.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

this is a conversation that definitely won't go into any weird directions

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

kathmandu posted:

Now I really want to know how much he blew on gambling. Was it $500 or $10,000?

enough to be single for two weeks i guess? like did she schedule it? "ok from now until next sunday or so we aint together, but ill text you next sunday ok"

did she see it as two weeks of punishment? two weeks in the single corner for you mr

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
BF [57M] has been depressed after a rough month. What can I [28F] do to help?

quote:

tl;dr A lot of events have happened in the past month that has led to my boyfriend being more depressed lately. What more can I do?

So some backstory: We have been together a year now and for the most part its been an amazing year besides what I'm about to talk about. We met through our old job. He was my supervisor and we knew it would be a problem eventually but we just took it day by day and in April they fired him over our relationship. We were both incredibly unhappy with the work environment at that point anyway so it wasnt a huge loss. This was just a side job for him as he has another job. I went to a interview a day later and got a similar job on the spot and left the job for the new one two weeks later.

I've been at the job a month now and at first I hated it for a number of reasons but as I'm getting more comfortable with its something I can do for a while. He was silent for a few days and I had no idea what was wrong so I asked him if he was upset with me. He said no he was mad at himself because he gave me the advice to take this job and I'm unhappy there and he thought maybe I was regretting leaving the old job for this one. I let him know that wasn't the case at all, that I was grateful he gave me the push to motivate me to leave our job and that even though its not going like I hoped it just means I need to keep looking. I've been assuring him things are looking up for me there.

Fastforward to the past week'ish. About the 2nd month of our relationship he popped something in his lower back out of place that was very painful and kept him out of work for a month. He was distant on and off throughout that month because it was depressing him, hes a very hard worker and he hates not doing anything, then once they popped the thing in his back into place he was back to himself again. His back has always been a little stiff here and there since but manageable.

After getting fired he bought a boat and he overexerted himself fixing it up and its extra sore and he began seeing his chiropractor again. Theyre just making it sore in other places and hes understandably frustrated. Surgery was on the table the first time for a fix to this and he was heavily against that out of fear they will make a mistake and paralyze him and I think hes realizing he might have to have it for a permanent fix. In addition he lost a friend hes known for 30 years a month ago and a cousin yesterday so its been a rough month.

When hes in a depressive mood he shuts down and doesn't like to talk so the past week has been quiet. I'm trying my best to give him space to deal, like I will text him one day say how are you feeling and he will respond but not want to have a full convo then I will leave him alone for 2/3 days then check up with him to see how hes doing and let him know I'm here.

I'm mostly worried about his mental state at the moment as hes not on facebook nearly as much anymore and way more silent, and I've asked him if I've upset him and he said no so I know its just the stuff going on. How should I approach this at this point?

A fake doctor chiro isn't effective at actually healing an injury? :monocle:

She needs to realize that its less about what she can do for him and more about acepting this is going to be the norm if she stays with him.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for a year and a half now. We have great communication, and I have no doubts about his fidelity and commitment to our relationship. We went on vacation to Vegas, and his spending habits while there really raised a red flag to me. He gambled a lot, I am not a gambler at all. I’m a “single mom” who works really hard and goes to college so I can’t splurge. I mentioned to him this was a concern and that I wasn’t happy with this situation since we have been saving to buy a house and move in together before the fall next year. He didn’t see an issue since we were on vacation and didn’t understand where I was coming from. This led me to take a step back and we went on a “break” for two weeks per my request.

Oh man. Takeaways:

1) The boyfriend is the one saving up for the house, not the single mom going to college, if this wasn't already incredibly clear.

2) The girlfriend takes an ultra-manipulative relationship "break" when she realizes that the boyfriend is spending some of his own money gambling (while on a vacation in Vegas - the horror of it all) despite having no intention of breaking up, like she's punishing her pet dog for pooping on the rug.

3) The girlfriend has earmarked all of boyfriend's spare income after expenses as "house money" so she flips a poo poo every time he drops some cash. In essence, she regards it as her money, not his.

4) The boyfriend's mom is down with the landlady trying to break up the relationship. Not a great look on her part, but desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.

Girlfriend seems like a sociopath.

Taima fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 28, 2018

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

Oh man. Takeaways:

1) The boyfriend is the one saving up for the house, not the single mom going to college, if this wasn't already incredibly clear.

2) The girlfriend takes an ultra-manipulative relationship "break" when she realizes that the boyfriend is spending some of his own money gambling (while on a vacation in Vegas - the horror of it all) despite having no intention of breaking up, like she's punishing her pet dog for pooping on the rug.

3) The girlfriend has earmarked all of boyfriend's spare income after expenses as "house money" so she flips a poo poo every time he drops some cash. In essence, she regards it as her money, not his.

4) The boyfriend's mom is down with the landlady trying to break up the relationship. Not a great look on her part, but desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.

Girlfriend seems like a sociopath.

If you stretch any harder, you're going to break something.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I [28 M] suggested an open relationship, my girlfriend [26 F] of 2 years is really into the idea and I'm not.

quote:

I will start by saying I know I was in the wrong for my behavior and I feel terrible. I need to know how to fix this because I can't let one mistake ruin the best relationship I've been in.

A few months ago I became very close with a female co-worker. I was very attracted to her and I realized that. She was attracted to me too, asked me out for coffee, hung around my desk and flirted with me, although we were both in relationships I felt a very real connection with her. I was feeling quite guilty about this and I told the truth to my girlfriend, she took it well and said it was alright since I didn't cheat.

Around this time a friend of mine was telling me about his open relationship. I sort-of casually brought the subject up with my girlfriend, as in "So-and-so has an open relationship, what do you think about that?" To my surprise she was very enthusiastic and suggested it was a great idea and she would be interested in trying it. She also told me she had partner-swapped once with a previous boyfriend (she had never mentioned this before) and wanted to try something like this with me.

I told her I would like to try this with the co-worker I had mentioned before and she agreed, I could sleep with this woman once and she could sleep with another man once, and then we would see how we felt about it. That weekend I went out with my coworker to a bar, we talked a bit but I felt progressively worse, couldn't stop thinking about my girlfriend with another man, if she was home right now or how she felt about all this. We made out in the car a little bit but I couldn't continue, I drove her home and went back home.

Since this happened my girlfriend keeps bringing up the possibility of opening our relationship in some way, she has even mentioned repeatedly that she would be open to a threesome with [coworker]. She told me about a swingers party her friend invited her to, and asked me if my friend who has an open relationship would be interested in partner-swapping. This is all making me sick to my stomach, I told her that I didn't sleep with my coworker and why but she insists I still can. She hasn't taken her "free cheat" yet but I can't stop thinking about who she might sleep with, if she will, will I be able to see our relationship the same? I feel like I can't tell her I don't want her sleeping with another man when it was my idea in the first place and I was going to sleep with my coworker.

I wish I could take all this back. In a moment of weakness I thought I wanted both women but I only want to be with the singular woman I love. Please help me get my relationship back on track, I never even cheated but I am waiting on eggshells to find out if my girlfriend will.

TLDR; I was attracted to a coworker, suggested an open relationship, my girlfriend loved the idea. I didnt sleep with my coworker but my girlfriend is still really into the idea. I dont want an open relationship anymore, I want to fix this.

Gotta love a classic. Might as well :sever: because there's no closing that Pandora's Box now that you opened it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Generally speaking, who the gently caress wants to bang a coworker? It's pretty much a guarantee, unless they're a huge idiot who doesn't understand office politics, that they're not the person they appear to be based on professional interactions.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If you don't have a completely different reputation and personality among the dispassionately demarcated social subsets of your life, maybe you're just like some kind of complete failure idiot.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I dunno, I think he should just come clean and tell her how he feels. It's PROBABLY not going to fix anything but he's living in hell if he says nothing.

Edit: He should have come clean on the night he DIDN'T gently caress the coworker. "I thought I wanted this, but I just want you." Either she appreciates it or she really wants to bone her coworker and doesn't appreciate it.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Hellblazer187 posted:

I dunno, I think he should just come clean and tell her how he feels. It's PROBABLY not going to fix anything but he's living in hell if he says nothing.

Edit: He should have come clean on the night he DIDN'T gently caress the coworker. "I thought I wanted this, but I just want you." Either she appreciates it or she really wants to bone her coworker and doesn't appreciate it.

quote:

I told her that I didn't sleep with my coworker and why but she insists I still can.
This guy sounds like he's bad with words, but no matter how badly he expressed his change of heart it's clearly the second.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Pick posted:

Generally speaking, who the gently caress wants to bang a coworker? It's pretty much a guarantee, unless they're a huge idiot who doesn't understand office politics, that they're not the person they appear to be based on professional interactions.

I mean, one of my coworkers is a former NFL cheerleader

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bobby Digital posted:

I mean, one of my coworkers is a former NFL cheerleader

you liar, robin williams is dead

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

This guy sounds like he's bad with words, but no matter how badly he expressed his change of heart it's clearly the second.

Oh, I missed that. The relationship is done unless he decides to develop a cuck fetish.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Dienes posted:

I [28 M] suggested an open relationship, my girlfriend [26 F] of 2 years is really into the idea and I'm not.

Gotta love a classic. Might as well :sever: because there's no closing that Pandora's Box now that you opened it.

Remember, monogamy is an unnatural institution forced on people completely against their wills, and if you don’t want your partner loving literally everything that moves all the time, it’s a sign that you’re a weak-minded square who has been brainwashed by your despicable culture. As such, this guy needs to suck it up and learn to enjoy having a girlfriend who fucks other men.

Alternatively, if he’s a moral coward who can’t get control of his emotions, he can just sever.

“I wanted to gently caress someone else, so I suggested an open relationship, but it turns out that means we both get to gently caress other people, and now I don’t like it,” is pretty much neck-and-neck with “premature sports celebration” as my favorite form of schadenfreude.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [23f] boyfriend [23m] thinks he is talented but he is not.

this sounds awful, i know. we have been dating for a year and a half and i love him so much, we are best friends and get on great. i've always known that he was into writing music but he never got round to singing or performing to me, which i assumed was out of shyness.

last night, me, him, and about four of our friends went to a bar to drink. there was an open mic and a guy was singing with an acoustic guitar. we were sitting drinking and he started laughing at him - the guy was very off key so we all quietly giggled for like 2 seconds but obviously made sure the singer didn't see us because that's rude. but he loudly laughed at him and didn't applaud when he finished. i thought this was extremely out of character as he is usually very polite and kind to everyone.we were about two rounds in at this point, so i thought maybe he was just a bit tipsy (?). then they asked if anyone wanted to sing, and he enthusiastically volunteered.

the previous guy (poor kid) politely offered his guitar if my boyfriend wanted it, to which he laughed in a really patronising way and declined. what happened next is gonna be hard to type out because i'm still cringing. he proceeded to (acapella) sort of chant/moan and sing a song that weaved a tale of him doing ayahuasca and cutting his hair, then digging up a grave and setting up a tent. there was a brief interval where he went "yesyesyes, oooooh". it was like a comedy skit, and i honestly thought he was joking until i heard the ayahuasca part and remembered he'd showed me a poem with that line in it. i don't know how you can be out of tune when it's acapella, but he managed it. he was out of tune with himself. with the air. when he was done, after like five whole minutes, there was applause (two guys in the bar looked like they were in tears from laughing) and my boyfriend sat back down and said "yeah, that's how it's done." and smiled.

since then, he asked me if i enjoyed the performance. i said yeah, but it was so different from what i expected. he smiled and said "yeah, it's the only thing i'm good at". i'm honestly so confused. this seems so out of character, i see him kind of in a different light now? but he's perfect in every other way. but he was so cocky and almost delusional. i feel like if i tell him he was bad he'd just say that i didn't understand his vision or something. what should i do? i think he's planning on doing it again at some point soon and i honestly don't think i could handle that. i don't want him to feel bad but i also don't want to lie to him.

tl;dr boyfriend performed at open mic and was awful but he genuinely thinks it was great, don't know how to tell him i didn't like it

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Smirking_Serpent posted:

this sounds awful, i know. we have been dating for a year and a half and i love him so much, we are best friends and get on great. i've always known that he was into writing music but he never got round to singing or performing to me, which i assumed was out of shyness.

last night, me, him, and about four of our friends went to a bar to drink. there was an open mic and a guy was singing with an acoustic guitar. we were sitting drinking and he started laughing at him - the guy was very off key so we all quietly giggled for like 2 seconds but obviously made sure the singer didn't see us because that's rude. but he loudly laughed at him and didn't applaud when he finished. i thought this was extremely out of character as he is usually very polite and kind to everyone.we were about two rounds in at this point, so i thought maybe he was just a bit tipsy (?). then they asked if anyone wanted to sing, and he enthusiastically volunteered.

the previous guy (poor kid) politely offered his guitar if my boyfriend wanted it, to which he laughed in a really patronising way and declined. what happened next is gonna be hard to type out because i'm still cringing. he proceeded to (acapella) sort of chant/moan and sing a song that weaved a tale of him doing ayahuasca and cutting his hair, then digging up a grave and setting up a tent. there was a brief interval where he went "yesyesyes, oooooh". it was like a comedy skit, and i honestly thought he was joking until i heard the ayahuasca part and remembered he'd showed me a poem with that line in it. i don't know how you can be out of tune when it's acapella, but he managed it. he was out of tune with himself. with the air. when he was done, after like five whole minutes, there was applause (two guys in the bar looked like they were in tears from laughing) and my boyfriend sat back down and said "yeah, that's how it's done." and smiled.

since then, he asked me if i enjoyed the performance. i said yeah, but it was so different from what i expected. he smiled and said "yeah, it's the only thing i'm good at". i'm honestly so confused. this seems so out of character, i see him kind of in a different light now? but he's perfect in every other way. but he was so cocky and almost delusional. i feel like if i tell him he was bad he'd just say that i didn't understand his vision or something. what should i do? i think he's planning on doing it again at some point soon and i honestly don't think i could handle that. i don't want him to feel bad but i also don't want to lie to him.

tl;dr boyfriend performed at open mic and was awful but he genuinely thinks it was great, don't know how to tell him i didn't like it

This is one of the best posts ever made in r/r and I hope the OP brings him crashing back down to earth somehow and records his reaction.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hooooly poo poo. We need to keep an eye on this one. He was out of tune with himself, the air. Lol.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

“I wanted to gently caress someone else, so I suggested an open relationship, but it turns out that means we both get to gently caress other people, and now I don’t like it,” is pretty much neck-and-neck with “premature sports celebration” as my favorite form of schadenfreude.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
ford blew his cover again

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Dienes posted:

One better approach to open relationships as a man in a male/female relationship may be to establish strict boundries during exploratory discussions. For instance, that it only applies to individuals of one gender whom both parters feel attraction, desire, or willingness for exploration towards. Another good boundry may be that the exploration only move forward when both partners mutually agree on a collaboratively developed plan of action.

Of course, even with an initial acceptance and respect for these boundries, an open relationship can still go to poo poo if one partner crosses established boundries.

NYPost posted:

“[Natalya] was like, ‘Wait a minute. I thought this was only OK when it’s the three of us,’” says Sexton. “And he was like, ‘Oh, she wouldn’t mind.’ That’s when Natalya basically went to the wife and said, ‘Look. I don’t like this guy, I don’t think he’s got good intentions, and you deserve better. I could treat you better.’ Sure enough, the two of them took the kids and left.”

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Lmao, nice job imploding your marriage idiot

My(32F) husband (35M) , married 2 years together for 7, saved the dog and ran when me and our twins (1F) were in danger.

quote:

u/leftouts1de
My husband 'Brent' and I have been together 7 years, married for 2, lived together for 3. We get along well, he is a really kind and perceptive man, although things have been difficult since the twins, and after this incident I'm questioning a lot. While we always intended to have kids, twins were unexpected. I love them so much, they're incredible beautiful babies with lots of personality already, but it has been a crazy period of adjustment for us. He is a kind of messy person and while that didn't matter when we were childless, it has been a strain since we had kids.

He has shaped up in his cleaning but is resentful about it. We are in couples therapy as well since there is some issues with intimacy...used to be about 4+ a week, now its 1 or 2x a week, although we get lucky sometimes, my sister will watch the girls and we can have a day off. Anyway for the issue at hand:

After I asked Brent to pick up after himself around the house, he stopped taking any care of the back yard. Usually the front yard is mine and the back is his. It was a big point of contention and the therapist said we are probably both overworked, we work from home so we do't really get time away from the house/babies except every other weekend, or to run errands. Brent goes out for an hour or tow a couple times a week with friends to get a drink or something as well. The therapist suggested we get somene to help us clean up the yard. I hired a woman 'Gina' (mid 20s F) who had done some work for my neighbors and was well reviewed.

We decided to make a day of it and we had a lunch out, the twins in their playpen on a blanket, me and Gina were weeding and Brent was doing some trimming on the other side of te yard. Well he distrubed a wasp nest and without saying anything to us, he immediately runs PAST OUR CHILDREN, grabs his dog (a small terrier) and runs into the house, and LOCKS THE DOOR. Thank God Gina had more presence of mind because while I was still trying to figure out what he was running from, she noticed the wasps swarming out, and said 'get into the shed'...so we grabbed the babies and hid. We didn't have phones on us. We sat in there for quite a while and we could see the yard was full of wasps. I could see brent looking out the window and I tried to mime for him to call for help but he didn't seem to realize. Finally an exterminator showed up, but Gina and I had to wait in the hot shed with two crying babies for almost an hour. In the end it turned out a neighbor had seen what happened and called the exterminators.

I'm livid. How could he run past our kids and lock us out of the house? If I had been alone in the yard then I wouldn't have been able to carry both babies and unlatch the shed door at the same time. It's a miracle no one got stung. I was fuming about this and he claims it was just an emergency reaction but thats almost worse to me. His emergency response is to abandon his wife and kids. And then when I got into the house I saw he had even made a sandwhich while we were out there, instead of calling for help. Is this normal? This doesn't feel like the actions of a caring person.

TLDR: Husband and I have been struggling since having twins. Yesterday during some yardwork he disturbed a wasp nest and ran past our kids to rescue his dog, and locked us out of the house. He didn't even call an exterminator, the neighbor did. Is this normal? What should I do?

On a separate note, if you’re having to involve a third party in your marriage to resolve issues on a regular basis, you are not in fact getting on well.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Lmao, all the comments are “You should definitely bring this up with your therapist”. Jesus, someone has really done a number on your country. You cannot therapy your way out of being married to a man who leaves you and his children exposed to wasps and makes himself a sandwich and does gently caress all.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Lol did he lock all the doors

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol
He made a sandwich Hahahah gently caress that’s good.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Milotic posted:

Lmao, all the comments are “You should definitely bring this up with your therapist”. Jesus, someone has really done a number on your country. You cannot therapy your way out of being married to a man who leaves you and his children exposed to wasps and makes himself a sandwich and does gently caress all.

also it's going to be really awkward when you go in there and your therapist is a wasp

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

You dont need to outrun wasps, just ur lovely wife and kids.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Milotic posted:

Lmao, nice job imploding your marriage idiot

My(32F) husband (35M) , married 2 years together for 7, saved the dog and ran when me and our twins (1F) were in danger.

On a separate note, if you’re having to involve a third party in your marriage to resolve issues on a regular basis, you are not in fact getting on well.

Ah, ha ha ha. Everyone in that story sucks, except Gina.

Her:
“We’re loving twice per week with infant twins in the house, so obviously we have intimacy problems.”
“He’s a kind, sensitive, perceptive, loving man, but I also need him to be a masculine superman who knows how to keep his head and take charge in an emergency. Also, I’m not sure how sensitive he is, since he left our children to die at the hands of an insect swarm.”

Him:
[Hauls rear end into house, locks door leaving wife and children to die; saves dog]
[Makes sandwich]

Gina:
“Gringos.”

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Also awkward to let people know that, besides the fact you married/hosed a dipshit, you also hung out in a shed for an hour instead of making a break for it to call someone to rescue your stupid asses so your kids don't fry.

Good parenting all around.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yeah no one has to hide an hour from Polistes, ffs when I was in grad school I let them nest inside my apartment because it was funny because my apartment was lovely so it was like this whole thing we shared, me and the wasps. only one time a family member came by and tried to hit them with a shovel and this was the only time they ever stung anyone. they were my friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Wasps aren't that big of a deal, jesus.