Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Did a few slow pull-ups Thursday, to failure, and my lower abs still hurt today :11tea:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lift at a climbing gym, spend the rest of the day sneezing

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I realized that somehow in my past there was never barbell overhead presses. Did it in the gym yesterday and holy hell was that the most crushing 45 & 55 lbs I've done ever.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
turns out Dr Mike Israetel is an "abolish the government" style libertarian which while unsurprising is still disappointing

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

MikeCrotch posted:

turns out Dr Mike Israetel is an "abolish the government" style libertarian which while unsurprising is still disappointing

It’s come out in a lot of his podcasts too, along with some biotruths feeeemales kind of stuff. He’s good when he sticks to physical fitness, but god his politics suck.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Didn't his family have to flee from Russia when he was a child. I probably wouldn't be too keen on government either in that case.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
governments cant possibly be bad

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The response to "government is bad" is "make government good", not "abolish government".

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Sunday continues to be deadlift day at my gym. Not sure how everyone collectively decided that one. Saw someone doing 5 plates on each side for the first time since I've gone.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bacontotem posted:

Sunday continues to be deadlift day at my gym. Not sure how everyone collectively decided that one. Saw someone doing 5 plates on each side for the first time since I've gone.

What did they do after their warm up?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
yeah

especially since judging by his age he fled Russia around the time of the fall of the USSR, when the US sent in a bunch of "experts" to turn the country into a liberal utopia, so you would have thought he'd be all for it

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Bacontotem posted:

i am going to the gym in 90 minutes to do deadlifts so

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Bacontotem posted:

I like deadlifting on Sunday because I can go all out and don’t have to work, so just head home and rest and eat

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Bape Culture posted:

What did they do after their warm up?

No idea. I did my 185 with my weak babby hands and went home.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Totaled 1015 last night in the gym!! 315 squat 405 deadlift and 295 bench. This is at 190lbs. I should've got this last year easy but I blew my back up when I started squatting so that stalled for over six months but I'm working real hard to get it caught up with my deadlift now.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

In a move surprising nobody, the guy who takes steroids thinks others care about how much he can lift.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

satanic splash-back posted:

In a move surprising nobody, the guy who takes steroids thinks others care about how much he can lift.

Yea thanks bro, it was a good lift.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at needing steroids to hit those numbers

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i would but i suck at everything i do

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Swoleception thread gettin catty

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
look guys and gals, can't we all just get along

if people want to take steroids and shrivel their balls that's their prerogative, its all cool

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

RAW NATTY STRONG BRAH

stick a needle in your rear end. do crossfit. eat paleo.

who gives a gently caress. get swole.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I thought the steroid thing was a joke. I'm not anti steroid if lifting is your thing but there doesn't seem to be a need for them at those #'s.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Send me that tren I want 1000kg

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Steroids...bad?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I need to juice to finally break 150 on bench!!!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Dr Mike is going to come to your house and beat you up brah

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

honestly if someone came up to me and offered me free steroids id probably take them but paying for it.... ehhh no thanks

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Steroids are literally cheaper than 99% of poo poo at most health stores and they actually work. If you permanently gently caress up your endocrine system then you’re doing them wrong. Otherwise gains are gains, fellas.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

PED users might be absolutely correct for all I know but the way they talk about the stuff they just is exactly like addicts trying to justify their habits so eh

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I’m willing to try test if I make it to 45

So far in my late 30s I still have steel tube erections so... PM me

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Yeah, think I'm gonna go on TRT some time after 40. For now I just flex in front of mirrors and gently caress when available, seems to keep the old T pumping.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

I worked really hard for a long time to get to 1000 total don't ruin this for me yall!

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
ive been blasting 100mg test a week for a few weeks now, gains should start pouring in anytime

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Fallows posted:

I worked really hard for a long time to get to 1000 total

Well done, it's a lot more than what I can lift.

:angel: :dukedoge: :cthulhu: :11tea: :monar: :vince: :angel:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

ive been blasting 100mg test a week for a few weeks now, gains should start pouring in anytime

remember that study where the people on steroids who did no exercise got more gains than the people not on steroids who worked out?

lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

MikeCrotch posted:

remember that study where the people on steroids who did no exercise got more gains than the people not on steroids who worked out?

lol

This is burned in my mind... every day I think about it

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

lol

I don’t remember this

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

lol

yeah, that's a little bullshit but honestly I've decided as long as I'm making any kind of gains I'm happy, even if they are slow as crap. Speaking of I feel pretty confident I'll finally be hitting my 2 pl8 bench sometimes by the end of this AtS cycle. I've been hitting 195x1 as an overwarm single and it's moving pretty fast. Max is probably around 215-220 atm if I had to guess and I haven't even gotten to the strength phase of the program.

e; also in case anyone missed the joke 100mg of test definitely isn't any kind of blast, it's just my legit TRT amount to get me to baseline.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i would strongly advice against messing with your hormones, my friends. those things are kept at a certain level for reasons unkown to man. you can try to defy nature in the quest for swoleness, but at what cost? at what cost?!