Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Also maybe next time don't give it to a 14 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Give One for All to a dog.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Also maybe next time don't give it to a 14 year old.

Yeah, picking someone who needed to spend all summer on the body improvement plan from hell to meet minimum requirements probably didn't help the "don't explode" goal.

Deku can also offer a lot of handy techniques to the next guy for managing the amount of strength in play, things that All-Might never had to come up with in the first place.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also unlike All Might Deku actually has to work at it and has some level of teaching aptitude

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"First, imagine an egg in a microwave."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also unlike All Might Deku actually has to work at it and has some level of teaching aptitude

Hey now, All Might is getting better at teaching! He read a book and everything!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JT Jag posted:

I'm almost positive this is the ultimate conclusion. All Might cannot be replaced by a single person, and so here comes the Symbols of Peace Hero Agency

It's a sort of... Justice Team.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

"First, imagine an egg in a microwave."

Deku's going to be an excellent eccentric mentor someday.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

chiasaur11 posted:

Deku's going to be an eggcellent eggcentric mentor someday.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Egg puns, really? Man of your talents?

That aside, I do love Deku's learning process. 'My arm is an egg in a microwave trying not to explode. No! Not just my arm. My whole body is... an evenly heated taiyaki!'

Gotta wonder what's next.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wish I knew a bit more about comics because I kind of want to make a compilation of all of the comic book cover homages Horikoshi has done.

He's done covers/color pages/omake pages that match a Wolverine cover, an ultimate spiderman cover, a joker/harley cover, and the cover of the Batman "A death in the family". I wonder if there are others that haven't been noticed yet.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
if you find a decent discord of comic fans you could probably group-think it up

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bonus points for authenticity, that All Might looks like someone's teacher trying to pretend he's cool.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Deku’s development will skyrocket once he realizes the metaphor of sous vide.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
That's the best Recovery Girl cosplay I've ever seen.

Also the only Recovery Girl cosplay I've ever seen.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if we'll ever get a flashback of the Youthful Heroine Recovery Girl during her prime years?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if we'll ever get a flashback of the Youthful Heroine Recovery Girl during her prime years?

She'll still be a goblin she'll just have brown hair

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horikoshi is appearing at comiccon in San Diego.

Reaction is hilarious because tons of people were expecting Viz to pick up Kingdom or something like that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it was a dumb shot to call

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Probably around the point she dies, because she's probably going to die.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All for One got cast for the anime.

He's gonna be Akio Ohtsuka.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

hasn't All For One already had speaking lines in the anime as Akio Ohtsuka, what do you mean

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Did he? I saw it being reported like it had just been announced. I guess they were just announcing that his first appearance in person is this week.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Did he? I saw it being reported like it had just been announced. I guess they were just announcing that his first appearance in person is this week.

Going by Wikipedia the All for One VA has been accredited since 2016 when the Anime first aired.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah I'm pretty sure he had that bit where he was video conferencing with Shigaraki waaay back when.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dangit, Crunchyroll, it's too late at night to be confusing me like this.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Dangit, Crunchyroll, it's too late at night to be confusing me like this.

Just think of it as a 2/3 and a half week heads up that we are about to see the United States of Smash in all of its glory.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I can't wait for "pizza delivery"

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

That's gotta be the worst thing to experience as a villain. You hear a knock at the door, someone claiming to be a food delivery. You know something's up, almost no chance its a guy with the wrong address or an actual delivery your crime buds forgot to tell you about. But you gotta check anyway. Maybe it's just the police or some no-name hero. But no, when you peek through the peep hole it's All-loving-Might standing there.

What do you even do? Just open the door and hope he autograph's your shirt for saving him the trouble of busting it down?

I wonder if All Might does the pizza delivery schtick on the regular.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

That's gotta be the worst thing to experience as a villain. You hear a knock at the door, someone claiming to be a food delivery. You know something's up, almost no chance its a guy with the wrong address or an actual delivery your crime buds forgot to tell you about. But you gotta check anyway. Maybe it's just the police or some no-name hero. But no, when you peek through the peep hole it's All-loving-Might standing there.

What do you even do? Just open the door and hope he autograph's your shirt for saving him the trouble of busting it down?

I wonder if All Might does the pizza delivery schtick on the regular.

One time I bet he tried it and his phone went off when he reached the door.

A PHONE CALL- IS HERE!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/185/page/1

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love hero politics.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So, uh, is that Nomu supposed to be infused with Kurogiri?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk but it looks rad

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Hawks is... I'm not sure if I like him or not, overall, but goddamn does the guy have balls. Definitely don't agree that Hero Rankings should be based solely on public approval ratings, since he even admits a clear flaw with it: Best Jeanist would be first solely due to sympathy votes rather than because he's Best Jeanist.

symbolic posted:

So, uh, is that Nomu supposed to be infused with Kurogiri?

I think the High-End Nomu just looks like that because it's shadowed right now. It'd be a rather sudden and disappointing end for someone that's pretty drat important to the LoV's capacity to operate fully if it IS Kurogiri.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

It can't be Kurogiri, can't only AfO create Noumu? At least that's what we're supposed to think up to this point.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I thought Kurogiri was caught by Gran Torino and the cops a while back? Or did he escape when Gigantomachia showed up?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Patware posted:

It can't be Kurogiri, can't only AfO create Noumu? At least that's what we're supposed to think up to this point.

Rhonne posted:

I thought Kurogiri was caught by Gran Torino and the cops a while back? Or did he escape when Gigantomachia showed up?

I might just be being forgetful because brain no work too good at five in the morning. Regardless, I'm liking where this all could be heading and I'm liking Hawks more and more with each panel he's in. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Does High End remind anyone else of that kid from Vigilantes? The Pop-Step superfan?

Edit: Actually going back and comparing them side by side the eyes aren't nearly as similar as I first thought.

Raposa fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jun 1, 2018