Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I used to live with someone who did border patrol boat work, and he's been shot at by the boatfolk before.

I dont know what the solution to the boatfolk problem is, but maybe it would help their case if some of them didn't attempt to kill the people they're supposed to be able to intergrate with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Nutted but he still graftin'

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
ABC claims the banking royal commission shows that multiple people were scammed out of millions of dollars by this man

And his multi level Mercedes garage.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

McGiggins posted:

I used to live with someone who did border patrol boat work, and he's been shot at by the boatfolk before.

I dont know what the solution to the boatfolk problem is, but maybe it would help their case if some of them didn't attempt to kill the people they're supposed to be able to intergrate with?

Whatever threat of torture/death camp could have pushed people to that extreme course of action?

Also good tarring all refugees with one anecdotal brush.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

My cousin says that boat folks are made entirely of guns.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
That's a p big strawman there, how many bales did you use in its construction?

I specifically said that some of them had done it, and that it would help those folks chances of not getting left to die in the ocean if they didnt fire at the border patrol.

Pretty sure our boatfolk can't turn their boatfolk back without adequate supplies on the boat for everyone, so the only reason they could have to fire on us is if they attempt to force entry regardless of the circumstances.

At which point they absolutely lose the sympathy card.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I dunno wouldnt you shoot at people trying to deport you to prison death spider skull cannibal Island indefinitely?

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Sure I would, but that doesn't make it right. That just makes me wrong with them.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

some boat people deserve to be castrated,

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

McGiggins posted:

Sure I would, but that doesn't make it right. That just makes me wrong with them.

Uh no, it actually makes them, and by extension the hypothetical you that wouldn't betray everyone on the boat, right.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Have you ever considered that perhaps, the belligerant people with guns on the people smuggling boats are far, far more likely to be the people smugglers, rather than the desperate people who paid their life savings and probably sold everything they owned bar a few changes of clothes and maybe a mobile device to gain safe passage?

loving CHUD.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
i would shoot at border force but my mum wont let me buy a gun

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I mean, if they're locking the passengers up indefinitely, what the gently caress do you think they're doing to the people trying to make bank bringing them here.

I'm thinking watery/islandy graves all the way down.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I used to live with someone who was an Khmer Rouge soldier, and he's been shot at by the city folk before.

I dont know what the solution to the city folk problem is, but maybe it would help their case if some of them didn't attempt to kill the people they're supposed to be able to intergrate with?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Don Dongington posted:

Have you ever considered that perhaps, the belligerant people with guns on the people smuggling boats are far, far more likely to be the people smugglers, rather than the desperate people who paid their life savings and probably sold everything they owned bar a few changes of clothes and maybe a mobile device to gain safe passage?

loving :chud:.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I guess it's one way to make sure we get the June thread ready on time

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Auspol June: Torture/murder island good?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

McGiggins posted:

meltdown may continues

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Is this really the quality of trolling we can expect now?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Anidav posted:

And his multi level Mercedes garage.

Top one is a Porsche.
Looks like a Toorak Tractor.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Cartoon posted:

It's the quality of trolling we deserve.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hooman posted:

Auspol June: Torture/murder island good?

Nah, nah,

Auspol June: i worked in a murder camp to live on a tropical island for a while.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

McGiggins posted:

My uncle works for Nintendo

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

just to be clear this latest guy is a eugenicist right

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Just lol if you think boat people opening fire on are bois wouldn't have been "leaked" immediately.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cartoon posted:

Dude, have you SEEN his martial art foot?

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
To the best of my knowledge, none of the actual smugglers get on these boats with the refugees. Everything I've heard is that they sell the lovely broken boats to the refuges and the smugglers themselves never actually leave where the boats depart from (so they can keep arranging new boat trips and never have a chance to get caught in Australian waters).

If this is the case, then it would indeed mean that the people on the boat firing guns at Australian maritime authorities (who have a legal obligation to provide food and water to these people who almost certainly don'thave any) would indeed be the refugees, no?

If someone can provide evidence to the contrary, I'd love to hear it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

McGiggins posted:

You haven't provided any evidence this happened, gently caress off with asking for contrary evidence

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Evidence to the contrary of what, your uncle who works at Nintendo?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Dude, gently caress off, asylum seekers have never shot at border force and you're a hosed up li'l nazi

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

Dude, gently caress off, asylum seekers have never shot at border force and you're a hosed up li'l nazi

hey, not everyone who disagrees with you believes in eugenics is a nazi

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

My uncle was attacked by 100 refugees with katanas. Please provide evidence that this didn't happen.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo auspol is loving awful. I'm going to discuss politics with the derros down the street.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

McGiggins posted:

To the best of my knowledge, none of the actual smugglers get on these boats with the refugees. Everything I've heard is that they sell the lovely broken boats to the refuges and the smugglers themselves never actually leave where the boats depart from (so they can keep arranging new boat trips and never have a chance to get caught in Australian waters).

lol

McGiggins posted:

If this is the case, then it would indeed mean that the people on the boat firing guns at Australian maritime authorities (who have a legal obligation to provide food and water to these people who almost certainly don'thave any) would indeed be the refugees, no?

lmao

McGiggins posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/17/magazine/the-impossible-refugee-boat-lift-to-christmas-island.html

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

McGiggins posted:

Holy poo poo auspol is loving awful. I'm going to discuss politics with the derros down the street.

You're loving awful, you dogshit stupid nazi bitch, don't post here

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

McGiggins posted:

loving cry baby.

E: are you going to tell the derros you think they should be castrated? Because I think you should do this and report back to us. Thanks in advance.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 29, 2018

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost
A bad Border Force is like a bad father....

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The thread was mean to me when I attempted to spread bullshit analogies as gospel truth. BRB gonna pub crawl and ask my mates what they think of brown people.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
can’t believe our troops are being murdered by boat people. our prime minister must step down for hiding the existence of these shootings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

the refugees just get on a boat and sail it themselves! with guns!

• Locked thread